A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

(___) strips used for a diabetic - Little Lotte

Posted: Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) The doctor dictated something that sounds like "astake" strips, and I'm completely stumped. The patient is a type 2 diabetic, and the sentence context is: "She will continue NPH 50 in the morning and then change her to NovoLog 8 in the morning, 8 in the evening. I refilled her (astake???) strips.

Please help!

~Lotte 

Kind of a stretch but...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe doc is saying testing strips??

____ strips - ct

[ In Reply To ..]
test strips, might be the type of monitor she has before that?

AccuChek strips? - Yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Ophthamology Surgical Strips
Oct 24, 2012

I am doing an ophthamology operative report and dictator states they are using 2 mm Tosept strips and I cannot find anything, any suggestions ...

Name Of Diabetic Med
Jul 28, 2011

Is Diabetica the name of a diabetic medication? ...

Diabetic Word Help Please
Mar 11, 2011

This seems to be my week for needing help with words.  I'm definitely hearing the doctor say "glibuteride" but I can't find any such medication.  I'm thinking he's mispronouncing it, but can't figure out what it is. ...

Diabetic ______
Mar 31, 2011

Dr. giving past medical history, includes "...diabetic (s/l) low-sis coal-eye".  Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Diabetic Liponecrosis
Jul 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of diabetic liponecrosis? I'm not sure I'm hearing the doctor right. The patient has had painful nodules removed from her buttocks and now she has a recurrence of "diabetic liponecrosis."  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!! ...

S/l Diabetic-represis
Jun 24, 2012

"...Procardia which she bites to release the liquid, as she is diabetic s/l 'dash represis,'  and I thought that maybe she is not absorbing her antibhypertensives." ...

Steri-Strips And S/l "light Guard" Sutures. (sm For Another ??)
Feb 24, 2011

This is going to be a long day, I can feel it. I am covering for someone and she gave me samples, but this first doctor talks fast and so I am having an even more difficult time.  Thanks for your patience. The catheter exit site was opened slightly with a small skin incision and dissection was performed to expose the anterior fascia. The catheter of the system was cut "by the neutral pleasure" and attached to the reservoir. Sorry, I have slowed him down, changed his tone, but he is just ta ...

Unfamiliar Diabetic Term
Apr 21, 2011

In the diagnosis section of the consultation report, the doctor dictates: "Uncontrolled hyperglycemia/HH and K." My first thought would be hemoglobin and hematocrit and potassium, but he doesn't give me enough information in the rest of the report to be certain of this.  The only values he gives are a blood sugar of 730 and a hemoglobin of 14.7.  Any thoughts on this? ...

Diabetic Ghetto Acidosis (nm)
Sep 10, 2011

Diabetic Patient Test
Oct 30, 2011

Doctor dictates: "On initial evaluation, the patient was noted to have glucose of 560, with a bicarb of 11, and also has a (s/l something -demia) of 18%. The patient was subsequently admitted for further management." I can't seem to find anything that would fit in the above space. It sounds like ?demia. Does anybody have any clues for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot. ...

S/l "terminating" With Skin Steri-Strips. Sm
Jun 27, 2013

Here is the whole sentence.  The site was irrigated thoroughly and then closed with nonabsorbable suture for the deltoid fascia, followed by absorbable suture in successive layers, s/l "terminating" with skin Steri-Strips.   I really don't even know if it sounds like terminating.  I hear what I think sounds like a "t" sound in the beginning and "ing" sound at the end.  He says is so fast, and I have tried to slow him down with no success.  THanks!  ...

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

Word Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Oct 12, 2013

I am looking for help with a word -- s/l diabetic heel ulceration with "esclarification" anyone? ...

Eye Drops S/l Asodun Or Sodun....? Patient Is A Diabetic
Nov 17, 2009

... ...

Type 2 Diabetic Is Due For Her "DWOP" Labs
Feb 03, 2010

Thanks ...

Are Retinopathy And Diabetic Retinopathy The Same?
Oct 21, 2009

The physician is dictating the diagnoses, and he lists diabetes, retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic ulcers, HLA B27, uveitis.  I am wondering if I should type retinopathy and diabetic retinopathy, would that be repetitive? ...