A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cardic cath,,is it guide wire, guidewire, or Guidewire?? - tired

Posted: Mar 01, 2012

it is always transcribed differently..

with the progression of web publishing - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
shortcuts have been taking in proper document style. When in doubt, it is best to consult a reliable source, such as a Steadman's dictionary.

page 776 of Stedman's Dictionary, 27th Edition:
guide wire: A wire or spring used as a guide for placement of a larger device or prosthesis, such as a catheter or intramedullary pin.

page 750 of same dictionary:
glide wire: A hydrophilic or lubricated guide wire generally used in the urinary tract.

When referring to trade names of guide wires or glide wires, use the trademark spelling.

Thanks a million!!! - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Is A 038 Guidewire A 0.38 Or .038?
Apr 13, 2011

He just says, "038" without any point.  Is there a uniform way these are transcribed.  The left ureteral orifice was identified and cannulated with a 038 guidewire which advanced easily into the left renal pelvis, and its position was confirmed with fluoroscopy. thanks! ...

Is It 035 Guidewire Or 0.035 Guidewire Please
Nov 08, 2011

x ...

New Yorker Guidewire?
Aug 24, 2010

anyone ever heard of a New Yorker guidewire? ...

0.04 Or 0.014 Inch Guidewire?
Jun 18, 2013

Cardiac cath report: A 0.04 or 0.014 inch sounds like SI Pro AutoFlex guidewire was then used...  I don't know if this is a brand name or what.  Thanks ladies :)     ...

Help Please, Bead Tip Guidewire
Jun 21, 2015

Trying to find the correct way to type this..google shows bead tip guidewire bead-tip guidewire Bead Tip Guidewire and ASR has it lower case with and without a hyphen throughout the report. Anyone? ...

S/l Googer Guidewire In Angiography
Feb 16, 2010

sentence--The 3DRC right coronary artery guide was utilized and a _____ guidewire advanced beyond the observed lesion.  ...

Cardiac Cath - Support Wire Or Sport Wire?
Jun 22, 2013

In a cath report, is it support wire or sport wire?  With Google, it seems like it should be support wire, but it sure sounds like he (ESL) says sport wire. JR4 guiding catheter with side hole was used to selectively engage the right coronary artery.  Short sport wire was advanced all the way to the distal vessel.  After that, we placed 2.75 x 30-mm Resolute drug-eluting stent We used a 3.75 EBU guiding catheter selectively engaged left main and the same sport wire was advanced ...

Cath Note, Guide S/l Kice
Nov 13, 2010

I have heard it several times, never found it.  It s/l kice here, but I have heard kyte and kites and mmm HELP!   Thanks in advance. ...

Heart Cath Wire: S/l "tumor Wire" ??? What Is It?
Sep 25, 2011

doing a heart cath report; the good doctor says what sounds like "tumor wire" Please! give me a clue!  some guidance.   (thanks for reading this far). ...

Kinetics/Kinetix Plus Wire For Cath Procedure??
Sep 15, 2010

Has anyone come across this??  I cannot find any resources for it. ...

Mandril Wire Versus Mandrel Wire?
May 10, 2012

What is the correct spelling "mandril wire" or mandrel wire"?  I have seen both used now for abscess drainage studies. ...

HELP From Cardiac Cath Pros! JL4 Cath Through Right Femoral Artery?
Jan 18, 2010

She is dictating:  A #4.0 Judkins left catheter was now advanced through the right femoral artery sheath.  This was advanced through the ostium of the left coronary artery.  Shouldnt this be left? ...

Axis Wire Vs Access Wire
Apr 19, 2013

In podiatry op note, doc dictates axis wire (I am sure that it is axis wire), but my QA always changes it to access wire.  I tried to convince him that it is axis and not access, but he is not convinced.  Can anyone help me in providing any realiable documentation to prove it. ...

Anybody Else Get The New Style Guide?
Nov 02, 2011

Apparently this one is to be followed along with the BOS2, DQS Standards and Guildelines, and the CP.  I just don't understand why we can't use just one.  Most of the things in it are the same, but others are the opposite of what I've been taught and what the BOS2 says (for example, it is now okay to start a sentence with a number).  They at least explained what qualified verbatim is. ...

S/l Soluchief Finishing Guide
May 28, 2011

A soluchief finishing guide was used to complete femoral preparation.     ...

Possible To Get A Study Guide And Just Take The Tests?
Dec 24, 2011

Is it possible to get a study guide and just take the tests?  Do you really have to go to school? ...

O Frank Turner Guide
Jul 07, 2014

In an Op report, hip replacement the term sounds like O-Frank Turner guide.  Can not find this term.  Has anyone heard of this?   "The O-Frank Turner guide was used to check alignment" ...

S/l Tornay Guide....ortho Term
Nov 09, 2009

The biceps tendon and all soft tissue overhanging the margins of the glenoid were removed with electrocautery and a pituitary rongeur.  The s/l tornay guide for the glenoid component was used to place the pilot hole.  ...

RMT Study Guide - Mistakes In Answer Key
Jan 26, 2013

Hello, I am a fresh graduate from MTEC . I am currently preparing for AHDI's RMT exam. I bought the study bundle which consists of the RMT exam guide and an audio CD. Al in all, I have learned a great deal from the study guide... but... yes, there's always a BUT... While reviewing the entire RMT exam guide, I noticed some blatant mistakes as well as unclear questions. One example is a mixup between "affect" vs. "effect". The RMT study guide's answer key states that "effect" is a ...

CPC Certification Study Guide - Anyone Want To Sell One To Me?
Jul 17, 2013

I would like to buy a copy of this book if anyone could sell me one for a good price?  I can pay through your paypal account.  I have seen some on Amazon but they are expensive and I am hoping to find a better deal.  I don't care what kind of condition it is in, written in, whatever. Thanks :) CPC Certification Study Guide (Paperback) by American Academy of Professional Coders (Author), et al.  ...

Godzilla Guide Liner Apparatus
Sep 02, 2013

Sounds like he is saying Godzilla guide liner apparatus, but cannot confirm.  It is for a cardiac report.  Thanks.   ...

Where Do I Find The Transcription Style Guide?
Apr 04, 2015

Thanks for any help. ...

CMT Review Guide Versus Exam Question
Oct 09, 2010

I am going to sit for the CMT in December, and I've been going through the CMT Review Guide. What I am wondering is how indicative of the acutal test is it? Were the questions/dictation samples easier or harder than the actual test? I feel like I have a good handle on the material in the Review Guide, but I don't want to be blindsided in December and totally embarrass myself. TIA! And yes, I am not a big fan of AHDI, but I do get a pay incentive for this, so that makes it worth my t ...

How To I Remove Duplicated Entry On Fiesa Log Sheet? Tried To Access User Guide But Nothing Happene
Mar 02, 2014

unfortunately, I have to report my daily lines on Fiesa log sheets in order to be paid.   ...

Jay-wire And Zip-wire
Mar 29, 2010

Has anyone heard the use of a jay-wire and a zip-wire and is this spelled and hyphenated correctly? ...

Wire
Aug 19, 2010

s/l estatto wire  (for crossing a lesion) ...

T Doc Wire?
Jun 09, 2015

"There was dense scar tissue int he groin from his previous angiogram procedures.  Initial attempt to pass a 5-French sheath over a s/l T Doc wire was unsuccessful."   Vascular surgery file.  Help!  ...

How Do You Type 035 Wire
Oct 06, 2010

is it 0.035? ...

S/l Cherooma Wire
Aug 10, 2011

Vascular surgery report - sounds like "cherooma" wire.  Multiple attempts were made with a "cherooma" wire without success to cross the proximal left common iliac artery. Any help would be much appreciated! ...

Meyer Wire
Jul 10, 2012

Does anyone know the correct spelling for Meyer wire used in an AAA? ...