A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Escription software, need new computer. - ES MT

Posted: Feb 15, 2010

I need to buy a new laptop and need to be able to put my escription software on there.  I know that it is required to be 32-bit but do not know if the new Windows 7 32-bit would be okay or not?  Does anybody know this before I go out looking?  It is getting really hard to find a 32 bit computer out there. 

I can help you out - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
You can get a laptop with the new Windows 7 operating system. What you need to do before you can install the Escription software is to create what is called a dual boot system install either the Vista or XP 32-bit OS on the "new partition." After that's done you restart your system and will be offered the option of which OS you want to use. When you've booted into the Vista or XP platform you install all the software that you will need. Just make sure to install Word before Escription, 'cause it'll look for it.

Here's a list of simple instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7/

How can you tell what "bit system" you have? nm - Just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I have a 64-bit computer nm - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is EScription The Best VR Software
Oct 18, 2012

What are the pros and cons for someone new to VR/SR? TIA ...

EScription Software Program
Jun 26, 2014

If eScription software program easy to learn and those of you that use it, do you like it?   ...

New Computer Software
Jun 24, 2014

I am an experienced transcriptionist (15+years) but I am venturing out on my own for the first time. What software do you guys like? Expanding software?  Any suggestions would be helpful! ...

Reference Software On TransTech Computer
Oct 22, 2010

I am starting soon with TransTech. If any of you current TransTech MTs use TransTech's computer, can you tell me please if you have had any problems with loading your own Stedman's, Quick Look, etc., software into their computer? I was thinking of going ahead and ordering the software I will need since it does not come loaded on their computer. Second question: Do you like the eScription text expander or do you use your own? ...

Has Anyone Bought Software Or Computer Supplies On EBay?
Apr 02, 2012

I just recently bought Microsoft Word 2007 program on EBay and was told by seller that I would receive this in 3 to 4 days.  HA,  what a big joke that was.  It has been 9 days now since purchase on March 24.  Also I thought that UPS was delivering it which would be much better.   No, wrong again.  They are giving free delivery by USPS with high priority.  Oh Wonderful -- so happy that it gets high priority.  In that case, I might just get this before ...

Clearing Past Employers' Software Off My Computer
Nov 16, 2012

Unfortunately, I have failed to contact the IT Departments of companies on-line I have worked for transcribing medical dictation after I have left their organizations and asked them how to remove their software.  How do I identify and remove any old software from these companies?  They don't seem to mind their software is on my computer, but I think it is probably time to delete it.  I am having trouble reaching these people as some of the companies are no longer in business ...

Acct Going To Escription, Nuance Won't Upgrade Company Sypplied Computer- Sm
Apr 30, 2013

Nuance says they will make a $300 loan toward purchase of a personal computer to work on te account, paid in 26 installments. I know a decent computer that has their specifications will cost more than that. What to do?  I'm on Dictaphone now. ...

Nuance Takes "ownership" Of Computer After Software Install
Aug 23, 2014

How is this legal? They don't own the computer. they don't provide equipment. What right do they have to screw up the computer so you can't print or do stuff of your machine that you own? ...

Why When I Shut Down Escription, Does My Computer Make A Lot Of "noise?" S/m
Sep 05, 2012

Like if you were installling or deleting stuff.  Do you think they have spyware in there to run a report of what all you did or did not do during your shift?  I do check FB, emails, news in between jobs because VR SUCKS AND BORES ME TO DEATH. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Need A Software
Sep 17, 2010

Hi!   I need a software for conversion of PC-Dart files to wav.can any one help me plz? ...

Which Software To Use?
Jul 25, 2011

What other programs besides Start/Stop and Express Scribe are out there. For various reasons, I am unable to use either of these programs and need to find something else... but whenever I google "transcription software" all I ever get is hits for those two... I know there must be other software out there. Please help! ...

Best FTP Software?
Oct 06, 2011

Just wondering what is the best FTP software? Possible job opportunity but they want me to have an FTP in place. TIA ...

What Software Is A Must For An MT?
Oct 02, 2012

I have been working as an MT out of the house for a while and am now coming back home to work.  Since I now have to supply my own research resources, etc., can someone tell me what I need to help me with medical terms, spellcheck, ASR short-cuts, etc.   Thanks! ...

Tax Software
Apr 03, 2014

Can anyone recommend a good tax program so I can do my own taxes as an IC? Need one that will figure profit/loss or schedule C I think it is and also home office deduction.  It is getting too expensive to have taxes done and would like to start doing them myself but not sure how complicated it is.  Any suggestions? ...

Software
Nov 18, 2014

What is the best free downloadable transcription software? Or is it all bad? Dictaphone I think won't work, because I don't have a phone line. I need something I can put on a laptop and travel if I have to. ...

Looking For Particular Software
Apr 26, 2015

Does anyone know what foot pedal software has a lightning bolt as its logo/desktop icon?  Any help would be appreciated!  TY! ...

Escription VR
Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!   Thanks, ...

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...

Escription V11 Help
Mar 05, 2015

Anyone on this platform, please tell me it gets better. I spent 2-1/2 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Demographics locked up completely and I had to X out, sending the work back to pool. Tried to upload, but kept telling me to confirm demographics which I did, then demographics header grayed out completely, then tried to upload, and again message to confirm demographics, which had been confirmed and were now locked up and grayed out. The entire platform seems just plain overwhelming wit ...

How Much Does TTS Pay On EScription?
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks in advance for any information.  ...

Loading New Software
Jan 14, 2010

Does anybody know if I can download Word Perfect 10 on a Medquist Computer? I would like to compose letters, etc. but do not want to ask support. Thank you. ...