A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Loading New Software - Sammy Su

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

Does anybody know if I can download Word Perfect 10 on a Medquist Computer? I would like to compose letters, etc. but do not want to ask support. Thank you.

You could, but..... - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
it may cause problems. MQ computers really do not have a great deal of memory in them, so loading WP-10 may make DQS run much more slowly. DQS is a real memory pig.

Another consideration would be if you ever needed technical help. If you are computer savvy and can fix most problems that occur on your own, than this may not be much of an issue, but if you need technical to fix a problem and they need to do so by dialing into your computer, that may cause a problem. Some technicians really don't care one way or the other, but there are a few that are real sticklers for following the rules and may say something about it to you and possibly even delete it.

If you are planning to use WP-10 for your own personal use, you might be able to slide by with it without incident except for the above. I definitely would not recommend using it to transcribe for another company or even as a IC, they will find out about it eventually and that will cause some problems.

Adding Unapproved Software - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't add any programs except MQ-approved programs, and they're not going to approve a program for personal use. I'm a little surprised, though that your computer doesn't already have Word or something on it. Why can't you use that? Most word processing programs have the same basics. Once you know one, it's not too hard to learn another.

software - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have added word and a couple of other programs to mine. However, before I did so, I added extra memory because my computer already ran slower and these programs would have made it even worse.

I've also had to have tech support help me with problems I've had with the computer and there's never been a problem. They investigate and look into only the problem you're having. They don't do a huge scan and see what's been additionally loaded onto the computer. They really don't care as long as there's not something downloaded on there from another MTSO.

You want to be very careful if you load other - ORMT

[ In Reply To ..]
software on MQ computer especially if doing it to work for another company. A friend of mine was fired after doing this and suspects it was one of the tech guys who told on her after being on her computer to fix a problem as that is the only way they could have found out.

Similar Messages:

DocQScribe Audio Not Loading/slow Loading
Dec 20, 2010

Is anyone having trouble with DocQScribe audio files not loading or loading slowly this morning? ...

DQS Still Not Loading Right
Mar 01, 2010

Now the reports stopped loading again. ...

Anyone Else With DQS Loading Slowly Right Now
Mar 21, 2011

nm ...

Jobs Not Loading
Jun 19, 2012

I was in the middle of a long ASR job.  The text loaded but only a little bit of the sound.  I got a ticket # through Remedy and clocked out.  I was told to abandon the job.  Now I'm just waiting for the light to turn green again so I can work!  ...

Problems With Job Loading
Apr 07, 2014

Bueller? ...

SLOW JOB LOADING
Apr 28, 2014

Anyone else find that the jobs are loading very, very slowly? ...

Loading Very Slow
May 31, 2015

Not sure if it is my internet or them..Anyone else? ...

Loading DocQscribe On Vista
Oct 20, 2009

Can someone please instruct me on how to load DQS on Vista?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Having Issues Loading Jobs????
May 24, 2010

Not loading, and then when I cancel to go into document, it is whited out . . . ...

DQS Slow Loading Jobs...what To Do
Jun 18, 2010

I have been waiting for about 10 minutes now for DQS to load this one job and it doesn't show another one listed.  This has happened before but I usually just wait it out for a few minutes.  It has never taken this long so I think I might call support.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Thanks MQers!~ ...

Anybody Else With Slow Audio Loading?
Dec 19, 2010

It's driving me batty. Battier. ...

Re: Loading DocQscribe Platform Onto
Jul 01, 2011

Thought I would try some of you tecchies out there before hasseling with whatever (if any) tech support DocQscribe has.  I am trying to download DQS on my spiffy new machine and getting message  "write params failed!"  Any idea how to fix this?  In the meantime it is back to windows XP and my trusty 10-year-old Dell.  *sigh*.  Thanks so much in advance for your help!    ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Jobs Loading?
Jul 04, 2012

Jobs loading slowly, only getting 1 job at a time. Getting NJA briefly when there are plenty of jobs in my BOB, then 1 job will pop up.  ...

Jobs Loading Slow
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone's jobs loading slow the last couple of days? It seems to be getting stuck on the audio or something. ...

Page Loading Very Slowly
Aug 18, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble getting the page to load? It comes up with an ad and takes forever to load the postings. ...

Fluency Slow Loading
Dec 15, 2014

TIA ...

Been Fine All Day, Now Jobs Not Loading.
Jan 21, 2015

My system has been working all day, and now I can't get any jobs to finish loading. ...

System Down? Job Won't Finish Loading
May 11, 2015

x ...

Fluency Loading Very Slowly - Anyone Else?
May 18, 2015

x ...

Anybody Else's DQS Loading Jobs Really Slowly Since The Upgrade?
Feb 08, 2010

Mine has been loading really slow since the upgrade.  can't be my computer or router  because everything is loading quickly and working fine as usual.  This stated right after the upgrade finished.  Anybody else noticing this? ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With The Audio Loading Very Slowly?
Apr 29, 2012

. ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Loading This Site Today?
Aug 25, 2013

This is taking FOREVER to load with message it is loading  "general.mtstars.com.  When this finally loads and I select a message it shows  it is loading "choices.truste.com".  What is that??  Have I got some spyware or is this happening to others? ...

What's The Deal With This Site Slow Or Not Loading
Aug 25, 2013

I feel like we are on dial up again. This is going on a week now. Eventually I will give up. Anybody else having a really hard time loading this. ...

Anyone On Here That Saves A Ton Of Expansions, Etc. That Had Any Trouble Loading
Mar 30, 2014

your profile when you switched computers.  I have loads of things saved from different hospitals and hope they come back up okay when I switch over to a new computer.  I have my own computer. ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Jobs Loading Very, Very Slowly?
Apr 07, 2014

?? ...

Anybody Else Notice Jobs Loading Very Slowly?
Aug 24, 2014

x ...

Gosh! Internet And Loading Reports So Slow Today.
May 12, 2010

I notice some mentioned Verizon down below.  Also noticed a post about Comcast a few days ago about having issues. Downloading the reports are too slow this morning.  Had issues last night too.  Even have issues getting into MQCentral and trying to email support.  Also slow getting into MTStars and other websites.  The green bar below, when getting on a website, displays almost a full green bar, but seems to get stuck right at the end.   Anyone else having issues ...

Nuance - Informatics Slow Speed Of Loading Voice Jobs
May 10, 2010

I can file my nails while my screens change and the voice document loads.  Does anyone share this problem.  I have a dual core processor with 1.86 Ghz. Thanks! ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

Need A Software
Sep 17, 2010

Hi!   I need a software for conversion of PC-Dart files to wav.can any one help me plz? ...