A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Escription VR - MommaBear

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

Is this platform good/bad/indifferent.  I have used ExSpeech which was a horrible platform.  Just wondering what is an average line count/hour that you can get on this platform.  I know there are a lot of variables, but a "ball park" idea would be great!

Thanks,

Escription - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
Escription, IMO, is the best platform. You should be more productive in that platform than any other, but as you said, too many variables to give you a number. Depends on the account and how long the account has been speech so all the "bugs" can get worked out and train the speech engine.

Yup, definately a good platform - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually was very surprised at how good this platform was. When my hospital went from ChartScript to eScription, I was back up to production within 2 weeks and then improved very quickly. Our minimum went from 150 lines/hr on straight typing to 350 lines/hr for outpatient which was at 90% VR within a year, and that was an easy line count to get. But again it really depends on how long your account has been working on there, how well you adapt, etc, etc

so at 350 lines an hour what kind of a rate are you being paid per line? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

VR - MommaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What companies pay a decent rate for VR? I cannot make a living on 0.03/line for VR editing. I would have to do 500 lines/hour to make what I used to just doing straight transcription.

I was paid hourly, 17/hr - me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

EditScript (Escription) VR line count - sublimelytragic

[ In Reply To ..]
I use EditScript version 8. For clinic notes/letters my line count is approximately 300-350 lph but on ERs my line count can go as high as 600 lph (averaging 450-500 lph). With my line rate this is between $12 and $20 an hour so an average of $16 per hour.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Is Using EScription Out There
Jun 17, 2011

Hey, I am curious as to whether anyone is using eScription out there.  If so, for what company and do you like it?  Thanks for your help! ...

Does Anyone Else Use Escription?
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone else use escription? If so, how do you get the line count? ...

Is 3.7 Cpl Okay For EScription?
Aug 24, 2012

I have no choice but to accept because the rug has been pulled from under me and my fellow co-workers.  Hospital outsourced to a transcription company and 0.37 cpl is what they are offering us using eScription. ...

New To Escription.
Feb 16, 2013

I am new to escription and start with my new job on Tuesday.  Is there any advice beforehand?  I really need a job at home right now or I wouldn't even give VR a second look.  But because it is what it is I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers?  Thanks. ...

Escription ....
May 08, 2013

Hi there! I posted a while back b/c i was a bit nervous after 20 years going to voice rec. Its only been a week now and i really REALLY love it.  I enjoy it. Okay shoot me now I konw most of you hate it. Anyway, I remember when i started a regular transcriptiion job a few years ago and i had to get used to an entirely new system, i was going so incredibly slow i never thought id be able to make a living with all the little bits and details. But it worked out fine and i eventually got it down ...

Qa On Escription
Sep 06, 2014

Does anyone who does QA on escription/editscript know how to get their counts? I know MTs get their line count through the transcription metrics, is it the same for QA? Thank you, freesf   ...

TTS Escription
Jan 25, 2015

For a company with technology in its name, I find this platform sorely lacking. Constantly having to correct capitals I don't want when I take out a period, it not putting a macro over what I want to change and all this backing up and retyping to change stuff or get a macro to work where I want it is driving me crazy (I know, short trip) and wasting a lot of time.   Don't they have any engineers or programmers who can get around this?  Guess I just got spoiled at Precyse; mac ...

Escription V11 Help
Mar 05, 2015

Anyone on this platform, please tell me it gets better. I spent 2-1/2 hours and got absolutely nothing done. Demographics locked up completely and I had to X out, sending the work back to pool. Tried to upload, but kept telling me to confirm demographics which I did, then demographics header grayed out completely, then tried to upload, and again message to confirm demographics, which had been confirmed and were now locked up and grayed out. The entire platform seems just plain overwhelming wit ...

How Much Does TTS Pay On EScription?
Mar 24, 2015

Thanks in advance for any information.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of All The Companies That Use Escription?
Oct 12, 2009

nm ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

Turning Off EScription's Red Box
Nov 05, 2009

Is there a way to turn this box off? Our system is not well trained yet so there is a lot of editing required. The alt-K combination is awkward for me when having to stop every few words to correct something. I edit by forwarding my cursor through the document (like the red box does) but then there is no extra work in bringing the cursor forward to where the edit needs to made as it is already there. Thanks for the input! ...

I'm Back With More ?? For Escription
Nov 12, 2009

I have now been doing EditScript for a month now and my lines are still horrific. I've read the manual over and over and still have the below questions. I'm only doing 1/4 of what I used to do and it hurts. 1.  I have to minimize and maximize my screen to see more than 10-14 lines. Anyone else have this problem? I think it has something to do with the header because if I change something in the header, I have to minimize and maximize again. 2.  I follow the red bo ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Escription - What Companies Use It?
Nov 29, 2009

What companies use Escription? I love it, but only get to use it part time where I am. ...

Any Info About EScription?
Dec 31, 2009

I currently work at Focus Infomatics in the NetCare platform doing regular MT and VR work.  I just got switched over to working QC on their eScription platform, which I'm really excited about.  I did one training course for it (to start out in regular MT, but will have to do another training course for QC after I get used to everying on the platform) but I haven't started yet.  The one training course really made it seem easy to learn and much mo ...

Tech Help With Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Do All Companies Pay 4 Cpl For Escription? Seems
Feb 06, 2010

nm ...

Chartnet/Escription
Feb 23, 2010

Anyone out there that has used both platforms and has a preference.   Thanks so much. ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

EScription - Austin, TX
Mar 15, 2010

Does anyone know which company has the eScription account for the St. David's system in Austin, Tx? ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

Escription Shortcut Help?
Apr 30, 2010

I have been on the job 2 weeks and my TL went into early labor and obviously is unavailable and trying to get help is close to impossible.  Do anyone out there have the shortcut keys for Escription platform, the newer version or old version.  Heck, anything right now would help me out---Thank you all so much ...

Which Companies Use EScription?
Jun 15, 2010

I would like to know if anyone has a list of what companies use eScription/EditScript.  Thanks! ...

Question On Escription
Aug 24, 2010

Hi, I am curious to find out everyone's opinion on the Escription platform as far as production, ease of use, etc.  I have been offered a position and would be using Escription on a mostly speech rec account at .05 cpl, along with incentives.  Is that a good rate for Escription?  I have heard it's the best platform and would like to know what people typically average on their lines per hour, along with how long the learning curve typically is.  Thanks for any info y ...

Anyone Work On EScription - Sm
Oct 16, 2010

I need to know if eScription has the capability to "monitor" your work habits.  Meaning, does it log you off after a certain amount of time of not working?    Does this sound like it is eScription or something else?   Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain acti ...

Escription Or Dictaphone
Oct 29, 2010

Which is the best platform to work on? I have Dictaphone experience, but have never worked on Escription.  I hear that Escription you can make more money.  Is this true?  Please provide info. ...

Escription Which Companies Use It?
Nov 04, 2010

Hey guys, can you gell me what companies use Escription and how you like it? Thanks in advance. ...

Escription Reviews?
Feb 09, 2011

My company is switching to escription in a few months.  We've heard the spiel from Escription.  Now I would like to hear from transcriptionists who use it.  What is the actual productivity improvement?  Any gliches with the software?  Do you like editing versus transcription?  Do you earn more or less now?  When your companies switched over to escription did the productivity improved as they said it would and how much reduction in staff occurred?  We've been told people can edi ...

EScription And Shorthand
Jun 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if eScription works with Shorthand and, if it does, does it work well?  Will be changing to eScription soon and need to know before purchase.  Thanks for any help. ...