A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

way to have a doctor dictate and upload into an FTP? - ctype1

Posted: Aug 09, 2012

Is there a way to have a doctor dictate and upload into an ftp without any other company involved like My Docs Online, etc???? Is it HIPPA compatible? Cathy CTPW

FTP - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you Google free ftp hosting sites you should come up with several sites that maybe will fit your needs. To check if they are compliant see the security pages for each hosting site. If you have your own site you should have some sort of FTP area already.

ftp - ctype1

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I do have an ftp already - if a doc using the Iphone or a recorder, could he upload to the ftp site? Sorry this part always confuses me.

Cathy

if .... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
if you pay for the service and are the "host" user of it, you can set it up to receive his dictation files. you need to set up a Site Name - (something you choose, like docs place) the host/ip/URL of your computer to allow him to upload to your site, a userid, and password that he would insert into the ftp on his end to allow him access to your site where he would upload the files to. you would need to provide him with the host/ip/url so that he could insert it on his end, the userid and password, port #, etc. Once all info is inserted on his end, he should be able to connect to your end, and upload/download files. It sounds confusing, but once you have done it several times, it is pretty self-explanatory.
ftp - ctype1
[ In Reply To ..]
And all he would need would be his Iphone or handheld - nothing special on his end- you know they hate to spend $ to improve lol! I have a godaddy account - maybe they could work me through it - thanks guys :)

Cathy
CTWP

Mydocsonline Excellent Option - mt13

[ In Reply To ..]
Doctor uploads recordings from digital recorder via cable or charger connection that has to be configured at their end.

Once configured, they can batch upload dictations to your account. You have the account, you give them a log in ID and password. They log in and upload. Very simple and extremely economical. Have used this for years and love it.

Similar Messages:

Ever Have A Doctor Dictate
Apr 19, 2015

I can't understand a couple of words and every time I let off the foot pedal and replay, I hear "Cracklin Rosie, get on board." "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  Arrrrgggghhhh   ...

I Hope The Doctor Just Didn't Dictate About An Investigation
Nov 19, 2010

but I just did a report on a 10 month old that fell from the sofa to the carpeted floor and supposedly got a skull fracture.  Not one word was said about an investigation of child abuse, but I find this sort of thing worrisome.  I sure hope SOMEONE will look into any case like this, whether it is dictated or not. ...

Is It Possible To Have A Doctor Dictate Via Blue Tooth In Room
Apr 12, 2015

Can a transcriptionist be in other room typing.  What type of equipment would be needed.   ...

Transcription Software So That Doctor Can Dictate Into A Digital Recorder From His Office
Apr 20, 2010

Does anybody know of a good software program or system where the doctor can dictate into a digital recorder from his office, upload it to my computer and that I could transcribe using a footpedal (that I already have) and then upload it and send it back to the doctor?  The doctor would like to start using a digital system ASAP, so any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Cant Upload
Nov 17, 2014

Can't Upload Nm
Jan 11, 2015

nm ...

Can't Upload...anyone Else?
May 20, 2015

Document checks and uploading acting funky.  Anyone else? ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

I Don't Get The Upload Screen That Allows Me
Mar 05, 2010

to choose whether or not I send the report to QA.  I still get the old screen with QA checked because I left a marker, and I can't uncheck the box that sends it to QA.  Anybody getting the new screen that has you choose? ...

Down? Wont Upload Job
Jun 11, 2012

x ...

DQS Down? Wont Upload My Job
Nov 26, 2012

to me when the system is back up. I hope so, it was a huge job. ...

Anybody Else Stuck In Upload?
Mar 28, 2013

I have 3 jobs stuck! Hope I don't lose them! With NJA, I need every line I can get!! ...

Stuck In Upload
Dec 14, 2014

Uhm,,use Profile Won't Upload
Feb 06, 2015

anyone else having the problem and does that mean my last job when I signed off didn't go through? ...

Am I The Only One Stuck In Upload?
Mar 01, 2015

Please crash, please crash, pretty please crash ...

If I Upload A Job 5 Minutes After Downtime And
Sep 12, 2010

I take it I won't get credit for it?  Is there anyway to recover it?  It was a 2000 sec job so I'd hate to lose it.  The Q should at least be smart enough to have a buffer drive to store all the last minute uploads to be uploaded later, right?  And monkeys will fly out of my butt. ...

For Anyone Sitting With Jobs That Won't Upload
Sep 26, 2010

I logged in at 10 a.m. EST and worked my entire shift.  I got NJA a few times, so didn't do as many jobs as normal (straight typing only). Anyway, the work kept coming, so I kept typing.  The DEP screen said they were working on moving the "stuck" jobs out, so I figured I would just plug along. I wrote down every job number I typed along the way. At the end of my shift, I had 17 jobs that were hanging in limbo.  I had submitted a ticket to QCare but had received no respons ...

Softscript - Jobs Won't Upload
Mar 02, 2012

Jobs won't upload, can't get into anything, mtref site, client, email, blah, blah, blah.  Anybody else?  ...

Why Does Upload Speed Matter?
Jan 10, 2013

I don't get it. Suddenly companies are asking about download & upload speed of my computer. My computer has worked just fine for MT work for over 9 years now. Nobody has ever asked about the speed before, and I've never had any problems. Now I'm looking for work and because my upload speed isn't 1.5 or above, places won't hire me despite my qualifications.  ...

I Am Stuck In The Middle Of An Upload Nm
Jan 19, 2013

nm ...

Download/upload Speed
Mar 21, 2013

My work computer seems to be slow doing research, etc. lately. I recently had unfamiliar work given to me and keep quite a few tabs and manuals open, so thinking it could be a RAM issue but not sure.  I did a speed test during a slow spell, and my download speed was 15.75 mbps and upload speed was 2.90 mbps.  I'm really not sure what a good speed is.  - I have a personal computer as well, but it is barely running these days, so it's always very slow (so can't judg ...

Cant Upload Report - System Down?
Oct 10, 2014

Fluency has been extremely slow today, now it is telling me it cannot upload my report. ...

With The New Update, It Now Takes 5 Minutes To Upload The Last Job
Oct 16, 2010

Anyone else having this problem?  I put in a ticket. ...

SICK Of Fluency Being Slow To UPLOAD
Jul 02, 2013

I have 2 jobs in limbo waiting to upload and 1 waiting to download.  Also this morning, chunks of dictation are "missing" from ASR, so not only do we have to correct the crap that ASR has wrong, we also have to type in what it totally missed.  For pennies!  All my friends are retired now and here I sit working in an Indian sweatshop.  Gawd!!!! Where did my life take such a wrong turn??!!!???  Just my personal rant this a.m.  ...

Fluency Slow? Jobs Won't Upload. Ugh!
Feb 10, 2015

X ...

Express Scribe Upload Files Problem
Sep 23, 2010

Recently switched to Windows 7. Used this program on Windows XP with no problem. Now files do not come through or come through sporadically. Getting different pop-up boxes. One says "invalid file length". Another says "cannot log onto FTP server, may be having problems" Have checked that our password, encryption codes, etc are correct. I downloaded Classic FTP program thinking it was having problems with ftp server but that has not helped. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Mysteriously Repeating Lines On Report? Hit Upload And It Will Fix Itself.
Oct 30, 2010

When you are straight typing a report and all of a sudden you notice the last several lines repeated a few times -- just hit the upload button and it will correct itself.  ...

Anyone At Accentus Have A Slower Upload Speed Than Recommended?
May 04, 2012

I can't get a 1.5 MB speed without a major expense, and I'm worried this will slow me down. Thanks for your help :) ...

How Will YOU Dictate?
Feb 03, 2010

I see a lot of MTs returning to school and often in the medical profession.  Since the industry seems hell-bent on having all the transcription done in India, will that influence how you nurses and psychologist dictate when it is your turn to dictate, or will you be so relieved to be through with this tragedy that you won't even think about it?  Just wondering.  ...

New # For DICTATE
Nov 04, 2010

Just tried calling DICTATE (1-800-342-8283) to report outage and got message that the number has been changed, or no longer working...  Used it yesterday, but who knows any more....  Anyone have another number for DICTATE?  At least with these posts they can't tell me that i am the only one...  Getting so tired of hearing that.  ...