A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stedmans spellcheck - Bev

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

Curious if anyone knows where I can get a good price on the Stedmans Medical Spellcheck CD-ROM?  I am starting a new MT job at home and was thinking about purchasing this for my home computer.

Thanks!

try ebay - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

No More Stedmans!!!
Aug 16, 2010

Help!! I've been using Stedmans Smartype for years and the last version they released worked with Office 2003 and Windows XP.  We've upgraded computers and called them and they said they do not have any releases planned - They told me the product is essentially dead.    What other products does everyone use for medical based Word Expanders in MS Word?    ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedmans's - CD Or Book? What's Your Preference?
Dec 01, 2011

I'm in a position where I really need to break down and get other Stedman's besides my trusty Oncology Words.  What is everyone's preference - Stedman's on CD or the printed version/book? I'm thinking for me it will be beneficial time-wise to have it on CD.  Any thoughts?   Thanks in advance ;) ...

Which Stedmans Med Speller Works With Win XP?
Nov 20, 2012

. ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Having Trouble Using Stedmans Smartype With Windows 7/Suggestions For Other Software That Does The S
Aug 16, 2011

I tried loading my Stedmans Smartype on my new Windows 7 computer. It won't read it even with the addition of Windows 7 Pro which is supposed to read 32 bit programs. Any suggestions for new or different software to use? Or just suggestions for using the program with Windows 7 would be great. Thanks! ...

Spellcheck
Mar 26, 2014

Looking for some ideas on the best spellcheck and best price.   ...

Spellcheck Not Working
Feb 19, 2010

Help!!  All of a sudden my Spellcheck quit working on Word 07.  I have check the Options and it is Checked off to check spelling while I type.  It is not underlining anything in Red at all.  The Grammar check is working.  I also have Dorlands Medical Dictionary installed.  I don't know what to do!!  I would appreciate any ideas.  Thanks ...

Spellcheck Editscript V10
Mar 15, 2012

I am using Editscript V10 with Word 2010. I do not have any expander softwore. Right click does not work and suggestion box for spellcheck pops up and goes away very fast. There was a post by Lori about this and everybody was suggesting tech help. Lori, if you see my msg, pls let me know how to solve this problem.   ...

Spellcheck/dictionary Help.
Aug 27, 2012

My computer crashed this weekend and I lost everything.   I need a spellchecker word list for MS Word 2007 and Shorthand version 9.  Please help me fellow MTs!  Thanks in advance. ...

Docscribe 7 Spellcheck - Need Help
Nov 06, 2012

I'm using Docscribe 7.1 and spellcheck is not putting the red line under a word when it is misspelled.  How do I get it to put the red line under? ...

Stedman's Spellcheck
Dec 11, 2014

Does anyone know if Stedman's Spellchecker 2008 works on Windows 8?  TIA. ...

Spellcheck On Enterprise 5
May 22, 2015

Hello, Been round and round on this for many years. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass through spellcheck (so they must be in the main dictionary) and should be removed because they are not correct.  I've been back and forth with IT regarding the issue and support regarding the issue, and the words are still in spellcheck. I have looked through my entire dictionary. They are not in my dictionary. 1)  Loratidine.  Should be loratadine. (Last year I ...

Enterprise 5 Spellcheck Help Please
May 23, 2015

Hi, Posted below the issue and didn't get much advice. Really need advice on how to either delete these myself or get IT or support to do it as they said they would but didn't. The errors are not in my spellcheck that I can find in user dictionary so they must be in main dictionary. Anyone who has found a way to get IT or support to do their job and remove spellcheck errors in the dictionary, please please let me know. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass th ...

Free Medical Spellcheck?
Nov 26, 2009

anyone know of any good, reliable free medical spellcheck i can download? i am using word 2007 right now.   thanks :o)   crystal ...

Spellcheck On Word Perfect
Feb 08, 2010

Question...on Word Perfect, if you use spellcheck and have some "shortcuts" created, i.e., "DD:" to expand to "Dictated by" how can you keep it from expanding it as it goes thru the document?  Hope this makes sense.   Thanks!! ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

Does Anyone Use A Different Medical Spellcheck Program
Aug 17, 2014

I simply do not have the money for steds, nor do I want to give them my business.   I'm wondering if anyone found or uses a different medical word spelllcheck program,  and do you like it, is it helpful or accurate?   Thanks much.   ...

Medical Spellcheck Program For Word?
Jan 08, 2013

Hi all  Can someone recommend me a good program to get for microsoft word 2010 that will allow Word to check the spelling of medical words? Any help is appreciated, thanks ...

Does Anyone Use Stedman's Medical Word Spellcheck
Feb 05, 2014

I always had this through work, and now I need to buy my own.  Are you allowed to borrow, or people share a license?   I don't know how this works, I've never done it. Is there another program similar to it, maybe a bit less in price?  I definitely do NOT want to spend $100 on it, let alone have to pay to renew any licensing or get upgrades every year.   I'd really like to buy it once and be done with it,  is that possible? What happens if you ...

Medical Spellcheck For 2010 Version
May 07, 2014

What is a good medical spellchecker for Word 2010?  If I have to pay, its okay, but if someone knows of a free one, even better.  TIA ...

Need Spellcheck For Word 2007/2010
Jul 01, 2014

Hi, I need to have a medical spellcheck with Word 2007/2010.  Has anyone used the eMedTools one?  I am afraid to download w/o some references.   I do not need an extensive one.   Link below is to the eMedTools I found. If not, do you know of any other ones, preferably free.  Rather not spend $100 right now. Thanks in adavnce!  :) ...

Why Is Spellcheck Hitting On Correct Med Names
Jul 09, 2014

x ...

ShorThand, Escription, Stedman's Spellcheck
Nov 24, 2014

I have used Shorthand 10 for several years and have never had as big a problem with expanding until I started using escription.  I work on v. 9, 10 and 11 and am seeing errors that are clearly expander related that I absolutely do not see or catch when I am in the reports.  I am to the point of starting from scratch on my Shorthand as it has so many entries that it would be easier just to start over.  What I am wondering is what settings those of you who also use Shorthand have on ...

Filed A Remedy Complaint About The New Spellcheck
Dec 22, 2014

First tech wanted to go over with me how to actually do it. I told Sanjeep no thanks I already took the tutorial, I know how to do it, I was just filing a complaint that the new spellcheck is time consuming and redundant and costing me money. Why must I hit spell check minimum of 2 times for each report and why must it stop on every mandatory heading with no way to bypass them? Why does it spellcheck the entire report twice when you try to split a job? Why did they decide to use Shift-Alt fo ...

QA Inbox After Midnight/spellcheck Not Saving
Feb 28, 2015

Hello, Well at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, I had 99.03%. At noon on 02/28, somehow another QA audit showed up in my inbox. The reason why I distinctly remember this report is because 1) it was one of the last reports I did on 02/26 (notice it took 2 days to get to my inbox), and I laughed hysterically at what ASR put before I changed it during spellcheck (yes I did not catch it until spellcheck). However, I changed it during spellcheck, and lo and behold it never saved. This particular spellcheck no ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Medical Spellcheck System?
Oct 01, 2010

Considering going the IC route and need a recommendation for a very good medical spellcheck.  Thanks in advance! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...