A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spellcheck not checking CAPS - Teiri

Posted: Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

see message - Word

[ In Reply To ..]

In Word, follow this path:

Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar > make sure the box for "Ignore words in UPPERCASE" is unchecked.

That should do ya.

Thank you very much! - Teiri

[ In Reply To ..]
I just did what you said and found what I needed. Thank you so very much for your help!

Similar Messages:

Caps?
Feb 04, 2010

was not able to see this patient at this time because of his "Mission of Mercy" trip to Haiti.   it is dictated in quotes. I am unsure if its Mission of Mercy, or mission of mercy ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Need Help For DQS Function Regarding ALL CAPS!
Oct 01, 2010

Good morning ladies and gentleman from MQ.  I need your help. On the ASR reports, how do you ALL CAPS a sentence? Here's the deal . . . Say under allergies, the MD dictates no known drug allergies.  What I do is hilite the sentence and then Control, Shift, A.  After I do that, the sentences comes out No Known Drug Allergies (initial caps only).  Then I have to do the Control, Shift, A again and it will switch to ALL CAPS. Is there an easier way to do th ...

Ziggy Caps
Dec 10, 2010

Plain as day, he's saying ziggy caps -- under Psych ROS, "checking for depression, ziggy caps . . ."  What is this in reference to?  HELP!  THANKS ...

ALIMTA - All Caps?
Apr 23, 2011

Is ALIMTA, the cancer treatment written in all caps? Thanks for any help. ...

Crystalloid Caps Or Not?
Nov 02, 2013

Should Crystalloid be capitalized or not? ...

Just Checking..
Jan 17, 2010

Do you cap the C in C-section? ...

Just Checking...
Apr 19, 2010

I was just checking to see if q.a.m. is an acceptable abbreviation.  I know that q.d. isn't, but other than that one, there are very few listed in my reference text.  Is there anywhere online that I can find a general idea of which ones are consistently not allowed? Thanks! ...

Spellcheck
Mar 26, 2014

Looking for some ideas on the best spellcheck and best price.   ...

Is PEEK Cage In All Caps?
Jul 16, 2010

Stryker PEEK cage or peek cage or Peek cage? ...

Is Drug Januvia All Caps?
Jan 19, 2011

? ...

DQS 7 Toggle Function For Caps
May 16, 2012

Is this not an option in the new platform?  This is the toggle that prevented you from putting two capital letters together...i.e., typing She instead of SHe.  I tend to do this a lot and would to enable this function if possible. ...

Is FABERE Sign All Caps?
Aug 08, 2012

Just saw today that apparently it is an acronym and should be all caps? ...

EINSTEIN Study - All CAPs??
Sep 14, 2012

I am transcribing a report for the Einstein trials for a drug.  Everywhere I look, it has EINSTEIN (all caps).  I cannot find anywhere this is an acronym.  Should it be transcribed in all caps? ...

Spellcheck Not Working
Feb 19, 2010

Help!!  All of a sudden my Spellcheck quit working on Word 07.  I have check the Options and it is Checked off to check spelling while I type.  It is not underlining anything in Red at all.  The Grammar check is working.  I also have Dorlands Medical Dictionary installed.  I don't know what to do!!  I would appreciate any ideas.  Thanks ...

Just Checking Prices
Aug 10, 2010

I just wanted to compare prices with other MTs that are using similar services.... My FTP site - $25 monthly  (up to 5 users) Digital Dictation System - I pay $0.17 per minute for telephone dictation and $0.10 per minute for imported dictation (from hand-held recorders). The recorders are $299 each (Olympus 2400) with a $150 one-time set-up fee.  I am interested in cutting costs if any other MT has a less expensive system they could refer me to.   Thanks!     ...

Stedmans Spellcheck
Jun 14, 2011

Curious if anyone knows where I can get a good price on the Stedmans Medical Spellcheck CD-ROM?  I am starting a new MT job at home and was thinking about purchasing this for my home computer. Thanks! ...

Spellcheck Editscript V10
Mar 15, 2012

I am using Editscript V10 with Word 2010. I do not have any expander softwore. Right click does not work and suggestion box for spellcheck pops up and goes away very fast. There was a post by Lori about this and everybody was suggesting tech help. Lori, if you see my msg, pls let me know how to solve this problem.   ...

Spellcheck/dictionary Help.
Aug 27, 2012

My computer crashed this weekend and I lost everything.   I need a spellchecker word list for MS Word 2007 and Shorthand version 9.  Please help me fellow MTs!  Thanks in advance. ...

Docscribe 7 Spellcheck - Need Help
Nov 06, 2012

I'm using Docscribe 7.1 and spellcheck is not putting the red line under a word when it is misspelled.  How do I get it to put the red line under? ...

Are We Checking QC's Work?
Sep 08, 2013

Are we double checking QCs work by going into Fiesa and looking through what they have QC'd?  Is it a means of checking the work to make sure it goes to the clients nearly perfect? This crossed my mind before, but just not asked. ...

Checking FIESA
Jul 03, 2014

Today my TSM sent out a list of people who have to check their FIESA scores.  She used their names instead of their HR numbers.  This really bothers me and I can only imagine the people mentioned feel, well, like crap.  Oh, and she congratulated us for bringing our FIESA scores up to 94%.  Well who would after being bombarded with emails about that.  ...

Stedman's Spellcheck
Dec 11, 2014

Does anyone know if Stedman's Spellchecker 2008 works on Windows 8?  TIA. ...

Spellcheck On Enterprise 5
May 22, 2015

Hello, Been round and round on this for many years. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass through spellcheck (so they must be in the main dictionary) and should be removed because they are not correct.  I've been back and forth with IT regarding the issue and support regarding the issue, and the words are still in spellcheck. I have looked through my entire dictionary. They are not in my dictionary. 1)  Loratidine.  Should be loratadine. (Last year I ...

Enterprise 5 Spellcheck Help Please
May 23, 2015

Hi, Posted below the issue and didn't get much advice. Really need advice on how to either delete these myself or get IT or support to do it as they said they would but didn't. The errors are not in my spellcheck that I can find in user dictionary so they must be in main dictionary. Anyone who has found a way to get IT or support to do their job and remove spellcheck errors in the dictionary, please please let me know. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass th ...

BOS Rule For Drug Names In All Caps?
Mar 28, 2013

Does anyone know the BOS rule for drug names that are technically all caps, i.e., TUMS, GRALISE?  Do they stay all caps or is it okay to capitalize just the first letter, or is it company/client preference?  QA is telling me just to capitalize the first letter so as not to draw more attention than needed to the drug name in the report, but I can't document this in the Book of Style.  Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Lura-lie Caps...on A Dialysis Catheter. Nm
Jul 20, 2013

. ...

Can You Convert Text To All CAPs In Inscribe?
Apr 09, 2015

New job, new platform.  I am wondering if you can select text in Inscribe and easily convert it to all caps, like using shift+F3 in Word?  It seems crazy not to have this ability in the platform, so I figure I must be missing something.    ...

Free Medical Spellcheck?
Nov 26, 2009

anyone know of any good, reliable free medical spellcheck i can download? i am using word 2007 right now.   thanks :o)   crystal ...

Spellcheck On Word Perfect
Feb 08, 2010

Question...on Word Perfect, if you use spellcheck and have some "shortcuts" created, i.e., "DD:" to expand to "Dictated by" how can you keep it from expanding it as it goes thru the document?  Hope this makes sense.   Thanks!! ...