A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do I create a jump code? - Itismeagain

Posted: Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please?

Thank you so much!

Someone on this board gave me these instructions and - they are easy to understand and they work. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
How to make a jump marker in Word

You just put placeholder fields where you want them in your template with Ctrl + F9 and then open a new document from that template and hit F11 to jump to the fields

Here's How To Do This - MW

[ In Reply To ..]
In Word, first open a blank page and type in three or four sets of {} then make sure your cursor is in front of one of the bracket sets. Now you will record a macro. Go to Tools and select "record new macro." When the block opens, click on the KEYBOARD button. You then to to the "press new shortcut key" and type in the combo keys you want to use for the {}. I use ALT-F, so in this space I hold the ALT key down and then press the F key. It will put it this combo (or whatever you use) in the box correctly. Once you do this, then click ASSIGN then CLOSE. This box will close and you will be at your page with the {}. From here you are in the macro recording process and should see a little blue "macro recording" box probably to the left of your screen. Now at the page with the {}, go to EDIT and FIND. When the FIND block opens, type in the {} in the search line. Now click on the FIND NEXT button. This will take you to the first {} you typed. Then you must then click on CANCEL to close the FIND box. Now don't type anything except do 1 right arrow keystroke, then 2 backspace keytsrokes and stop. This macro is now complete. Do not do any more keystrokes. You now need to go to the macro recording box and and with your mouse click on the little blue box within the bigger blue box to stop the recording. This ends the process. You can try your key combo and see if you did the macro correctly by testing it on the remaining {} you typed on your blank page. These are my steps in Word 2003, if you have another version of Word I'm helpless for you in that regard. This is a basic macro process. Once you work on making a few, you will get good at it and will be able to make many keyboard and tool bar macros. If you don't get it the first time, keep practicing to get a feel for the recording process. Good luck to you. I know I could never-ever do any work without using my many {}!

Word automatically does this with Ctrl + F9, then F11 to jump. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

thats a MACRO (and way too much work)--Word has the CODE-F9 place, F11 find. - done and done. yet both do the same. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Jump Code For Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in shorthand?  I have it in word but I need the code for Shorthand,  I will be eternally grateful.  ...

How To Do A Jump Code In Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in Shorthand, am desperate.  I can do it in Word but need Shorthand code, will be eternally grateful (shine your shoes, diaper your babies, etc)! ...

Is The Phrase "code Blue" Generally Capitalized As Code Blue Or Not?nm
Dec 17, 2010

nm ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Create
Aug 14, 2010

I have looked for step-by-step instructions online and cannot find them... any help would be appreciated. If I want ALT G to delete word left, how would I do that? I see the "record" button when I go to "add new item to dictionary" screen, but I can't figure out how to get ALT G in there. Thank you! ...

RadNet - Can You Create A Table?
Jul 20, 2010

Are there any RadNet users that know how to create a table in RadNet?  Is it possible?  I know how to create templates, but am stumped.  I know tabbing is not an option; but, occasionally one of my physicians would like me to create a table and have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks!  ...

If I Was Going To Create A Position For Mmodal
Jun 23, 2014

It would be a person to go into this blasted repository and make sure everything was right. And then work with the hospitals to make a standard format so that every report looked the same, you know orders of headings, names of headings kind of thing. So tired of seeing different ways of doing things by different people, based on God knows what. ...

Is There A Way To A Create A Signature In The E-mail
Sep 25, 2014

I seem to be unable to find a way to create a signature in the e-mail program.  I have tried creating one in shorthand but when it uploads it is missing spaces, etc.  Thansk for any help. ...

Would Someone With Writing Skills Please Create A -sm
Mar 04, 2015

descriptive narrative for the MTs who have or will be leaving this company, to go along with the ones we recieve when the VP and such leave.  I mean really..we need to be ackowledged for our committment, dedication, accomplishments, etc.  Sarcasim is encouraged! ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

MTSO's Profits Create New School
Sep 15, 2012

The MTSO I work for is starting an MT school. WHY??? Do they need more than 1,000 applicants for each position posted? Nah - just more money coming in by from newbies who don't research the profession before getting into it. ...

Code Blue Or Code Blue For Beg Of Sentence?
Dec 29, 2014

xx ...

Way To Create A Shorhand Shortcut To Auto Cap The First Letter
Jul 25, 2011

Is there a way to create a shorthand shortcut to auto cap the first letter after a period space space when working accounts that are not Word based? TIA ...

Switched To Word 2010 And Now I Need To Create Macro
Nov 30, 2011

I just switched to Word 2010 and now I need to create Macros.  I'm lost.  Is there anyone who can help?  So far all the instructions people have given are for Word 2007 and it's just gotten me more confused. ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Everyone Will Jump On This Job---
Jan 30, 2012

Saw an ad on another site this morning.  Acute care, all kinds of this and that you need.  For the marvelous cpl of, wait for it, 5 to 6 cents!!!  Don't everyone pile on at one, now! ...

How To Set Up A Jump Key?
Jun 19, 2012

does anyone know how to set up a jump key? ...

Jump Codes
Dec 19, 2010

Can anyone help me with making a jump code in Word 2010?  I am so frustrated and can't find any info on what I need.  I use shorthand and I need to be able to create a "macro" that will allow me to press Ctl +J to jump to the ??'s in my documents.  For example, the patient is a ??-year-old ??male.  I want to be able to jump to those question marks with a keyboard command.  Noone seems to know how to do this.  HELP!! ...

Do Any Of You Use Jump Keys?
Mar 12, 2014

Hello! Do any of you use jump keys?  For example, I have asterisks (*) in all of my templates in places where I need to insert something (vitals, he/she, etc.).. I made a macro that says anytime I use a quick key (for me it was Alt+x), it would jump to the next asterisk and I could quickly type whatever needed to go in that spot.  I recently had some new software put on my computer and it completely took out that macro.  This is bad because these jump keys are a HUGE timesaver!  Unfortun ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Jump Codes In Shorthand.
May 06, 2011

Can you do jump codes in short hand like you can do in chart script/word?  Any help appreciated.  TIA. ...

How Many Hoops Do I Jump Through For The Peanuts They Pay
Nov 05, 2011

just got an e-mail from the Q saying that, for the fouth time, they have not received my hipaa certification...anyone else get this runaround??? ...

Help Creating Jump Codes
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone help me set up a jump code in Word 2010? I knew how to do it in my Word 2003 but having trouble with the new version. I know its gotta be something simple I'm missing. I'm sooooooo frustrated! ...

I Wonder If Recruiters Jump From One Company To Another
Sep 23, 2014

position?    I seem to have seen several of the same names over the past couple months at different companies where I know I applied many months ago.  Some of them still as much of a "Jerk" as they were the first time around, not returning calls or emails even though they wanted to set up an interview. ...

Creating A Jump Macro On Radnet
Sep 20, 2010

I use Radnet...Can anyone tell me how to create and use a jump macro for this program?  I have asked at my company but no one knew what a 'jump macro' was.  Perhaps called something else?  I know how to do it in Word but havent figured it out yet for Radnet.  Thanks. ...

Word 2010 Jump Codes
Nov 23, 2010

Hi again.  So, I got the jump codes to work in my word documents by using ctl f9 but for whatever reason, it won't save on my template.  Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Also, how do I make a "macro" for numbering.... ??? ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Bayscribe - JUMP-TO  Command On This Platform?
Apr 15, 2013

Is there any way that one can make a JUMP-TO  command on this platform?  When I make a canned normal and want to just fill in my blanks, is there is an easy way to get to it?  I could on DQscribe, but not sure how on Bayscribe.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Epic Radiology Transcription Jump Codes
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a code in Epic to jump from the physician provider's box to the transcription palette in radiology. If not, is there a jump code in Microsoft Word that could be used. New to Epic. It makes me dizzy. ...

Creating Jump Codes In Word 2010.
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to create a jump code in Word 2010? I downloaded the instructions for Word 2008 from this site and I can't get it to work. I normally have my jump macro as ALT-J which is supposed to jump to * and then delete it. Would be eternally grateful if you can help me with this. Hittin 30+ years in transcription . . . wish I could afford to retire!! :( Thanks again!!! ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...