A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Deduction points!?? - Pulling hair

Posted: Oct 26, 2009

Got an e-mail this morning that apparently a DOCTOR is entering the wrong access code and " If this information is dictated and not corrected on the ADT screen, it is a 3.0 point deduction, which often times will cause a failed audit score with this error alone." 

So, what I get from this memo is that now we are suppose to know what their access codes are??  AND if I don't my report gets audited?  Do you other transcriptionists know what each of the physician access codes are?  Wouldn't it make more sense to speak to this doctor?  Is this what you understand or do I just need to go get a bigger cup of coffee?

Oh, we got a "thank you for your attention to detail" in the closing tho...Sealed

wow - thornbird

[ In Reply To ..]
I find that amazing and yet not amazing. Personally I don't give a flying fig about my audits anymore. The pay cut I've taken doesn't justify it. I would write back to whomever sent that, or better yet, call, and find out exactly where he/she suggests you go to get your crystal ball fixed. I'd like to know because mine's been broken for a long time too. I know, I know, my attitude could use an adjustment. *sigh*

Hey Thornbird - Greenjeans

[ In Reply To ..]
I think your attitude is just fine.

Yep - losinit

[ In Reply To ..]
Your attitude is just fine!

Similar Messages:

QA Deduction
Dec 06, 2010

Supervisor insistent upon sending blanks to QA.  Are we still cut in pay if we send too many reports to QA?  ...

3 POINTS OFF FOR WHAT?????
Nov 16, 2013

If you got the same email I did, then you are obviously doing the same account. Okay, it's bad enough that we have to deal with these perfect beings that talk 100 miles a minute, yawn, eat while dictating, change things back and forth (is it a he or a she?), thank God the typewriting days are over....remember the go back and change blah, blah, blah.... They are dictating next to a beeping machine or on a speaker phone, or are too lazy to put in the number or will spell Mary for you but n ...

What Are Wow Points?
Jun 09, 2015

Seriously what is the perks program? I need a new computer, if it is even a little cheaper it helps..But I earn wow points and what does that get me in life? Of course, I will price shop because bets are I can find a computer cheaper, just curious.. ...

Deduction On Paycheck?
Oct 27, 2009

Did anyone else notice a $100 deduction on their paycheck this time?  What is this for?  The only thing I can figure, is its for the "free" Benchmark "gift".  I called another friend of mine and she had it on hers, also.  If anyone knows what this is all about, please let me know!! ...

ACUPUNCTURE POINTS Anyone??
Jan 22, 2012

Doc is dictating acupuncture at following points, CV6, stomach (20x30/25 bilaterally) OR (10 x 325 bilaterally).....  anyone know how this should be transcribed?  No luck finding any info on the net so far.... ...

I Cannot Do This Any Longer, Having Points Taken Off Because
Mar 06, 2014

of leaving out the word "a", this is ridiculous. Whenever I think about quitting I feel happy; whenever I think about working I feel sad, micromanaged. Life is TOO short. Just my short rant. ...

Deduction For Blanks
Jan 22, 2015

I have noticed that on some reports I get back from QA that I am marked down for the blank and other reports I have gotten back I am not.  Does anyone know if you are suppose to have points taken off for that? ...

Bullet Points In Bayscribe...sm
Jun 11, 2014

Does anyone know if there is a way to use bullet points in the Bayscribe program? Thanks. ...

The Things We Get Points Deducted For, Lol
Mar 08, 2015

How I wrote it:   stay.  However How Nuance wants it:  stay; however   No patient safety issue, and not a critical area, but I got points deducted for it.  It's sad how they find any way take money away from us. ...

Anyone Know When They Stop Taking Insurance Deduction?
Jun 01, 2011

I dropped the insurance, but they are still taking my portion out of this check for 6/3.  I am assuming we pay in arrears then, so I should still have the insurance deducted on the next check as well?  I was really hoping that for that extra money this time! Thanks. ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Self-employed Health Insurance Deduction
Mar 02, 2014

My husband's employer offers health insurance benefits to spouses but doesn't pay any part of it.  I  was wondering if any of you ICs in the same situation still claim the self-employment health insurance deduction?  There doesn't seem to be a set definition of subsidized for this purpose.  Some claim that the spouse still gets a negotiated reduced rate to pay and the premiums are pre-tax, so it is subsidized.  Unfortunately, it would still cost over ...

Home Office Deduction Questions
Jan 27, 2015

Using H&H this year, not using the new simplified deduction.  I understand the square footage, utilitities, all that and have done that part.  My office is a dedicated room, no problem there.  What I don't understand is where to deduct my supplies, internet, etc.  I want to count ink cartridges, paper, internet, Shorthand,  stuff like that but not sure where to do that.  I already paid for this tax software (it was a deal through Amazon) but maybe I should ...

Home Office Tax Deduction For Employee Status?
Mar 29, 2010

Has anyone claimed the home office credit while being an employee rather than IC? Does anyone know the "rules" with that? Seems that it could still be claimed since we HAVE to work from home. This is my first year as an employee, so I am curious. Thanks for any input. ...

How Many Of You File Home Office Deduction On Your Taxes?
Jan 28, 2011

I have not filed for the home office deduction in the past, even though I do have a fair size room dedicated solely to my office so, therefore, I would qualify. This year I had to buy a new computer for my job. My husband works out of state, so we have a lot of deductions for him and I am wondering if I should file for the home office deduction or not? I know it is quite often flagged for audit by the IRS, but I feel I am entitled to it. I just do not want to risk the higher chance of being au ...

On Taxes, Does Anyone Claim The Home Office Deduction?
Mar 15, 2012

I'm doing my taxes on TurboTax and it says you can claim the home office deduction if you work at home for the "benefit of your employer, ie, if no office or desk is provided."  Does this apply to us ?  I'm worried about taking the deduction and getting audited or something.  I've never taken it in the past.  Wondering if it's even worth it for me if we indeed can take it (I don't own a home).  ...

Hysterectomy - Bleeding Points Were Treated With Free**
May 23, 2013

bleeding points were treated with free**   help please ...

QA Score Deducting Points If They Are Able To Resolve The Blank...
Jan 29, 2015

Is this new? I just noticed that the last report I had sent to QA had .25 points deducted because they were able to fill in my blank. I know these scores don't count like QC scores do, but I find it bizare that they deduct points for it. I feel like I'm being punished for not being as swift as a QC person. Yikes! I did hear what the doctor said, but it didn't make sense to me so I wanted another opinion before it went to the client. Isn't that what we are supposed to do! ...