A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Quiet' Ergonomic Keyboard - Shelly

Posted: Mar 18, 2010

I am currently using a Microsoft Natural 7000 keyboard.  The space bar is getting more and more difficult to press (sticking), so I am looking to purchase a new one.  I would prefer something where the keys type a little quieter and also one that is a lighter color (not black).  Does anyone have any recommendations that are not extremely high priced?  Thanks!

Quiet Keyboard - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also looking for a quiet ergonomic keyboard. Presently using the Microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard. Why is Microsoft only making black keyboards? Very difficult to see the keys, especially in poor light.

Quiet Keyboard - Shelly

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree! That is my problem exactly!

Try cleaning - s/m - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
You can probably fix your sticking spacebar. You can pop off the keys with a wide screwdriver or dinner knife for a really good cleaning. You have to use a little force/twist, and try a couple little keys before you attempt the spacebar so you can see they click back on.

When you get it/them popped off, use a Q-Tip and alcohol to clean underneath.

I love my Microsoft 4000 gull-wing, and bought a keyboard skin to protect the letters from wearing off and keep out the dog hair, crumbs. etc.

Best Keyboard EVER! - flying fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Logitech Wave. I have never purchased an ergonomic keyboard before, but after finally having my carpal tunnel release done, I figured I would make the effort to not repeat the experience and bought one. I looked for weeks until I found one that I absolutely love.

It is super quiet. Your hands fit the keys and the angles perfectly. The wrist pad is a leather material and provides a slight cushion but does not get in the way. My hands to not get tired as quickly after hours of typing. I has to be the perfect keyboard.

Just out of curiosity after using it for a few weeks, I took a typing test and my accuracy and speed had increased by about 15%. Best purchase I ever made! It is like the Cadillac of keyboards.

As far as I know it only comes in black, but I would rather have black. I have not seen one in white/ecru.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice_keyboard_combos/devices/4677&cl=us,en

Similar Messages:

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Ergonomic Keyboard
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone know of a good ergonomic keyboard.   My old faithful Logitech needs relacing and I can't find it anymore. ...

What's Your Fave Ergonomic Keyboard
Jul 31, 2010

Well I just spent a load of $ on a fancy-schmancy ergonomic Goldtouch keyboard, and I like the layout, EXCEPT that after a month, the keys are hard and gluey-feeling. It was supposed to have a very "light touch." The space bar on the right side sticks constantly and I have to hit it so hard with my thumb, my hand is starting to hurt. What is your favorite ergonomic keyboard? I still remember a wonderful soft springy Compaq keyboard that I loved, until my coworker worked at my desk one ...

Quiet Keyboard
Jan 11, 2010

Hi all, Hoping this is on the "write" board. I'm looking for a keyboard for my Dell desktop that's quieter...like a laptop keyboard is. Any suggestions of model, where I can look, etc.? Personal experience with one is preferred... Thanks!! J ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Source?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone know where I can get a new Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  for under $37.  Checked eBay, Google and Google shopping.    Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Good Quiet Keyboard?
Dec 11, 2014

The keys on the keyboard I use now are very "clicky" and I'd like to get one with a soft quiet touch.  Any ideas?  Thank you. ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Ergonomic Keyboards
Jan 28, 2012

I have been a transcriptionist for quite some time and have used the Microsoft Elite Ergonomic Keyboard and have tried two new replacements but for some reason with the newer version of this brand the keys are really hard to touch.  Has anyone used a split keyboard such as the Kinesis or Gold Touch?  I am looking at spending more on something that is of better quality and soft touch on the keys due to shoulder problems.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ...

Ergonomic Keyboards And Speed
Aug 25, 2011

I'm switching up my office stuff and i'm thinking about getting an ergonomic keyboard. I have been typing on a laptop and every once in a while my hands cramp up. I was just wondering if anyone had a learning curve with the ergo keyboard and if it slowed down their production at all. Thanks! :) ...

Ergonomic Kneeling Chairs - Anyone Tried One?
Jun 05, 2012

Hello - My knees are a bit sensitive and I'm wondering if anyone out there who also has sensitive knees has ever tried one of these kneeling office chairs.  They're supposed to be quite good for the back and posture, though as I said, I'm a wee concerned about the knees. Anyone?  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Ergonomic Saddle Chair/stoor With Arms
Nov 05, 2012

I am looking for an ergonimic chair/saddle stool with a back or arms to buy.  They are very pricey new, but I thought to see if anyone has one that just did not work out for them here.  If you have one and can send me pictures and my basic deal is I am very short and need one that the seat will adjust pretty low/ ie in the neighborhood of 16 inch height I would like to hear from you.  Thanks ...

Sure Is Quiet Around Here!
Jun 20, 2011

Where is everybody???  HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? ...

Quiet!?#
Feb 26, 2011

Has anyone else noticed that the bosses are uncharacteristically quiet since about Wednesday?  Am I being paranoid or what.  It is very unusual not to hear something....anything....from the higher ups.  I work in the southeast region.  Let me know if it's just me.  I guess no news is good news? ...

Sure Is Quiet
Sep 05, 2014

Maybe everyone is taking a long weekend? ...

Why So Quiet?
May 01, 2015

I am not asking for constant updates on what's going on with EVERYTHING with this stupid company, I'm not asking for the complete low-down on what how you are planning on screwing us next, but this disappearing for days, no emails, nothing telling me about OT or backlog, no return of emails or phone calls or even a demeaning reprimand for something I did or did not do, just something that says "I'm here working harder than you" (yeh right).  Something that says I'm in me ...

Anyone Else Notice How Quiet It's Been Lately? Sm
Oct 17, 2014

Usually there are a couple emails - and that stupid "joke of the day" daily, but for the past several weeks - nothing. Pretty quiet which makes me wonder what is really going on with this place. I also like how they'll let us know about the new pay scale based on that quality 2.0 on 12/25. Merry Christmas MLS !! We're screwed you over even more on your pay !!! ...

Why Cant They Dictate Someplace Quiet?
Jun 01, 2010

There are 3 different very loud noises going off in the background and it has given me an instant migraine! ding-ding-ding-ding-ding duuuuuhhh duuh... duuuuuuhhh duuh... bong....   bong....   bong....   What is wrong with people?  How can this doctor sit there himself without screaming? This is seriously how people can just flip right off the deep end. ...

Why Is It That This Board Gets Really Busy And Then Everybody Is Quiet
Feb 15, 2012

Is everyone just too busy to post? ...

Why Don't These Docs Go To A Quiet Space?
Jul 23, 2013

It would not be a bid deal for MModal to TELL these doctors how to dictate..I am sure they are clueless as to what comes over the phone lines. A bunch of cackling hens in the background of an already mumbling dictator is just ridiculous. Why do they not just tell them that phones pick up what is in the background? And while your at it, teach them how to end a dictation, cause the dialtones are killing my ears!!! ...

TSM Is Awfully Quiet Recently. Me Thinks They
Sep 19, 2013

are up to something.  I sense plotting and planning going on at corporate.  ...

Eerily Quiet Down At The POD Corral
Apr 22, 2015

crickets.... ...

Anyone Notice How EXTREMELY Quiet It Is In The North (RW/JR)
Sep 24, 2014

more than usual ...

How Do You Find A Quiet Space To Work When You've Run Out Of Room?!?!?!
Feb 05, 2010

I recently moved into a small two bedroom house.  It's an older house with a very creepy basement that is not finished, is damp, and just gross.  Until I can afford to convert the garage or re-do the basement, my teenaged son has one bedroom and my 8yo daughter and I share the the master BR.  Meanwhile my husband sleeps in the LR on the couch (our relationship is basically that of friends now who can't afford divorce).  Anyway, my desk currently is in the LR.  ...

Taking A Survey To Find A Quiet Air Conditioner.
Jun 08, 2011

Any opinions?  Need a window type to cool 250 square feet.  One I have is very old and loud.  Can't hear the docs over it.  Have heard Friedrich makes some quiet ones, but pricey.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Anyone Using This Keyboard?
May 31, 2010

... the TypeMatrix (see link at bottom) If so (or otherwise) anyone using the Dvorak key layout?  Actually I was just trying to search for fast keyboards (as it seems like my keyboard is slow to react), and came across info on this.  Aside from the initial question, any tips on a regular keyboard with fast reaction and highlighting ability appreciated as well.  (I prefer an uncurved keyboard that isn't real large though.)  Thanks for any info you can give me! ...

What Keyboard Everyone Uses
Sep 05, 2010

Hi! Wondering what keyboards everyone uses. I currently have the logitech wave but think it is suffering a slow death and will be needing to purchase a new one soon. Any recommendations? Thanks! ...

Best Keyboard
Jun 21, 2011

I am going to be looking for a new keyboard.  I see most of you seem to like the split keyboard.  When I tried that at one time I couldn't get used to the 6 being on the wrong side of the keyboard (I use my right hand for it), for one thing.  Is this something you just get used to or do you all not have that problem to begin with?  Does anyone have an ergonomic keyboard that is not split that they like?  ...

Keyboard Help Please!
Nov 30, 2011

Please someone help.   Sometimes when I am typing my keyboard will just start typing wrong letters and/or numbers.   I have tried the num lock to no avail.   This only ever happens when I am typing on a platform.    Does anyone know a solution?  As always, thanks for any input! ...

Best Keyboard ???
Oct 16, 2012

Need a new keyboard and was wondering if any of you out there use a gaming keyboard for working as an MT?  If so, do you think they are better?  Which one would you recommend?  Thanks for your input. ...