A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ergonomic kneeling chairs - anyone tried one? - Mal

Posted: Jun 05, 2012

Hello - My knees are a bit sensitive and I'm wondering if anyone out there who also has sensitive knees has ever tried one of these kneeling office chairs.  They're supposed to be quite good for the back and posture, though as I said, I'm a wee concerned about the knees.

Anyone?  Thanks so much in advance.

How would you work the pedal? - signalfire

[ In Reply To ..]
I've got sensitive knees too; for me the best thing is a good chair, adjustable arm rests, a platform to put the pedal on, and a foot rest for the other foot. I'm very short and have to have a lot of adjustability. I have no idea how you would use a pedal if your feet are back in one of those kneeling things.

Not for MT - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
They are comfortable just for sitting, but you can't use a foot pedal with them. Not sure what condition you have with your knees but some weight does rest on your knees.

Similar Messages:

What Type Of Chairs Do You All Use?
Dec 04, 2012

Hi All, I am pretty sure I have either carpal tunnel or cubital tunnel syndrome.   I went to a hand surgeon because of numbness in my hands and fingers.  I feel tinging throughout all of my fingers most of the time.  I did at nerve conduction study and need a more in depth one because of the abnormalities.  Anyway, sorry for the description, but I'm wondering if it could be related to my chair.  My office chair has arms and I notice I do rest my elbows on ...

Ideas On Chairs
Jul 18, 2013

Hello all,  I have been in the transcription business now for 8 years and I have yet to find a comfortable chair! Comfort is everything when you are trying to stay in one spot to get a decent line count and when your butt is numb or tailbone hurts it's hard to do that!  Could you please share what kind of chairs you all have?  I am determined to buy one this weekend even if it is outrageously expensive!    TIA  ...

Comfortable Chairs
Apr 17, 2014

Does anyone have a heads up on a good, comfortable chair I can order online? I just moved into a new apartment and need a much better chair than the one I have. I used to think the more you paid, the better the chair but I've learned that's not true whatsoever. What's your chair like? ...

Isn't It Time For CCM Musical Chairs?
Mar 24, 2010

Maybe we could get one who would: Answer e-mails. Answer the phone. Grant/Deny PTO requests. Update us. Wouldn't that be loverrrrly? ...

Stability/balance Ball Chairs
Jan 06, 2012

Anyone use a stability/balance ball as a chair while working?   Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on whether you felt it helped you with posture, core muscles, balance, etc. ...

Ergonomic Keyboard
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone know of a good ergonomic keyboard.   My old faithful Logitech needs relacing and I can't find it anymore. ...

Ergonomic Keyboards
Jan 28, 2012

I have been a transcriptionist for quite some time and have used the Microsoft Elite Ergonomic Keyboard and have tried two new replacements but for some reason with the newer version of this brand the keys are really hard to touch.  Has anyone used a split keyboard such as the Kinesis or Gold Touch?  I am looking at spending more on something that is of better quality and soft touch on the keys due to shoulder problems.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ...

What's Your Fave Ergonomic Keyboard
Jul 31, 2010

Well I just spent a load of $ on a fancy-schmancy ergonomic Goldtouch keyboard, and I like the layout, EXCEPT that after a month, the keys are hard and gluey-feeling. It was supposed to have a very "light touch." The space bar on the right side sticks constantly and I have to hit it so hard with my thumb, my hand is starting to hurt. What is your favorite ergonomic keyboard? I still remember a wonderful soft springy Compaq keyboard that I loved, until my coworker worked at my desk one ...

Ergonomic Keyboards And Speed
Aug 25, 2011

I'm switching up my office stuff and i'm thinking about getting an ergonomic keyboard. I have been typing on a laptop and every once in a while my hands cramp up. I was just wondering if anyone had a learning curve with the ergo keyboard and if it slowed down their production at all. Thanks! :) ...

"Quiet' Ergonomic Keyboard
Mar 18, 2010

I am currently using a Microsoft Natural 7000 keyboard.  The space bar is getting more and more difficult to press (sticking), so I am looking to purchase a new one.  I would prefer something where the keys type a little quieter and also one that is a lighter color (not black).  Does anyone have any recommendations that are not extremely high priced?  Thanks! ...

Ergonomic Saddle Chair/stoor With Arms
Nov 05, 2012

I am looking for an ergonimic chair/saddle stool with a back or arms to buy.  They are very pricey new, but I thought to see if anyone has one that just did not work out for them here.  If you have one and can send me pictures and my basic deal is I am very short and need one that the seat will adjust pretty low/ ie in the neighborhood of 16 inch height I would like to hear from you.  Thanks ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Source?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone know where I can get a new Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  for under $37.  Checked eBay, Google and Google shopping.    Thanks! ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...