A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word 2003 and latest word - Technically challenged

Posted: Jan 11, 2012

Have a new computer with windows 7.  Haven't set it up yet.  Can I install word 2003 and also whatever the latest word is (2007?).  Should one be installed before the other?   My computer tech retired and haven't found a new one yet.  Thanks for any info. 

Can cause conflicts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had both on and everything was fine until I started using EditScript. EditScript platform uses Word, and apparently having both confused it. I spent many long hours with Tech support. I ended up taking off 2007 and just using 2003.

Oldest version must be installed first. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Latest version is 2010 and is very different from 2003. You'll find it confusing to switch back and forth because of the differences. You can check out 2010 on the Microsoft web site to see how drastically they changed the interface and where they moved many options to different menus.

You'll be much happier if you stick to working in one version. 2010 can save documents down to 2003.

Can I ask why you want or need both? - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I love my BOB.

I'm an IC - T.C.

[ In Reply To ..]
and some companies want one version, some want another.

Can I ask what BOB is?

2007/2010 allow you to save down to earlier versions. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You really only need one version of Word. When using two, you get a nagging delay while Word switches its registry to work in another version.

Similar Messages:

Is There A Way To Transfer Autocorrect For Word 2003 To Another Computer Using Word 2003?
Dec 08, 2010

?? ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

WORD 2003 Help Please
Nov 23, 2009

My Word has begun to take forever to open and also to save reports.  I am thinking perhaps the program has been corrputed and think perhaps I need to over-load the program again.  Will this delete my spell-check dictionary and autocorrect entries?  I have been trying to figure out how to back them up just in case, but have been unlucky in this regard.  The Microsoft site gives instructions to back up autocorrect, but the files in program files are not there as they state th ...

Need MS Word 2003
Dec 11, 2011

Hello, I have been fortunate enough to be offered a new MT position with an MTSO that needs me to have MS Word 2003 available.  I have the trials of Word 07 and Word 10 right now, but neither of these are compatible with this new MTSO's software.  It needs to be Word 2003.  I'm having a hard time finding Word 03 anywhere on the web.  But I am sure it is legitimately accessible somewhere, at least for a 30- or 60-day trial. Could anyone recommend a way I could acqu ...

Word 2003/Smartype
Jan 04, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a fix for Word 2003 to correct the compatibility issue with Smartype?  If I highlight a word and then type without deleting the text, Word will lock up.  Sometimes if I type over highlighted text without pressing delete,  I get three duplicate letters in a row, and then the cursor scrolls to the bottom of the screen and Word crashes.  It is a real pain to have to hit delete all the time, and if anyone knows of a way to fix this, I'd appr ...

Problems With Word 2003
Jan 27, 2010

(I'm ready to throw both computers out the door.) Anyone ever have any trouble with Word not responding? I tried to caplitalize the word INC. and when I put the period at the end of Inc., it stops responding, I have to end the program and get back in. Sometimes it saves the document, sometimes it doesn't. I also wanted to make a change in a short in AutoCorrect and noted that some of the replacement words have an '*' after them. If I click on any of those words, Word will n ...

MT Using Word 2007 Or 2003
Apr 02, 2010

Are most MT employers using Using Word 2007 or Word 2003? Word 2010 is out in June. Would the MT industry upgrade quickly to Word 2010 or does it usually take a few years? ...

MS Word 2003 Weirdness
Oct 28, 2010

I am breaking in a new keyboard and evidently hit a key or combination of keys, and now whatever I type is in red and underlined. Can't change it by clicking on Undo in the Edit screen.  When I hit backspace, it put in a red line clear across the screen to the right margin with a circle that said Deleted and a paragraph sign.  I've seen it before on something I got back from QA once, but I've never used it nor do I know how to activate it.  How do I get back to just ...

Anyone Know Where I Can Download MS Word 2003. I Don't Need
May 03, 2011

Help me if you can!  Thanks in advance. ...

Word 2003 AutoText Help Please
Feb 01, 2012

The screentip that comes up when typing the first letters of an AutoText entry has stopped working - and since there is no screentip, the option to insert an AutoText entry into the document by hitting "Enter" is not available either.   I can go into AutoText and "Insert" it that way, and hitting F3 inserts the entry into the document from the screen, and all my entries are in there - it is just screentip and Enter that "broke."   This happened from one document to the next.  I ...

AutoText MS Word 2003
Jun 06, 2012

I hope someone can help me.  I use Word 2003 and have most of my shortcuts in Autotext.  All of a sudden, my autotext stopped working.  I can't seem to access any of my shortcuts.  Any input would really be appreciated.   Thanks !!    ...

Word 2003 Question
Jun 15, 2012

I've been away from MT a couple of years. I think I had created a quick keystroke to delete the last word, but this may have been in a more current version of Word. Does anyone know how to do this in Word 2003? Thanks for any tips! ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Word 2003 To 2007
Apr 18, 2013

Does anyone know where I can buy my own copy of Word 2003 to 2007 for a reasonable price?? ...

Word 2003 Help Needed
Sep 17, 2013

I'm attempting to create a generic overall macro for my VR editing that includes multiple corrections, two of which are g and L to grams and liters (account preference for single-letter measurement designations, and hey, more characters for me).  However, when I try to do this via Find and Replace function in Word, even when supposedly adding a space before and after the g and L, I end up with those characters being replaced in any word that begins with either of them (i.e., 1 g gentam ...

Meditech And Word 2003
Oct 21, 2014

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I work in Meditech with Word 2003. Whenever I create autocorrect entries, they will work for that session, but the next time I log on, they've all disappeared. This is very frustrating. Really hoping to find a solution! Thanks. ...

Word 2003 - Problem With Delete Key
Nov 25, 2009

Every so often when I press the delete key, it zooms through the report and deletes every character past where the cursor was located.  Once everything is gone, the hour glass keeps flashing, the cursor no longer works, and I have to shut down the program and lose all of the material deleted.  I have lost entire reports when going back to the beginning and trying to edit something.  Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening? ...

Please Help! Trying To Put Macros/expanders In Word 2003
Oct 07, 2010

and I can't figure it out for the life of me . I watched a video of how to make short-cuts, like opening up certain things by just a few keystrokes, but I want to expand words, like tp for the patient.  How do I enter these into Word 2003?  Links?  help please!  I can't afford other productivity software right now. thanks!!!!!!! ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Is Windows 7 Compatible With MS Word 2003?
Jun 07, 2011

thanks ...

Auto Correct In Word 2003
Oct 15, 2011

Hi . Can anyone please tell me how to make an auto correct entry in Word 2003 for -year-old with a backspace? ...

Cut & Paste MS Word 2003 And Editscript
Jan 11, 2012

Trying to figure out the proper setting.  When I copy a reference and want to paste it into Editscript (MS Word 2003) it pastes the original format, changing the font, size, etc.  I would like to paste it so it matches my document.  Do you know the setting and where it is located?  Thanks so much ...

Word 2003 Help - Automatic Numbering
Jan 13, 2012

I want to set my documents where they automatically number and tab over.  I have to do this every time I make a list manually.  Is there a way for it stay that way and I don't have to go in manually and set it every time?  I have went into to tools>auto correct options and set it to automatically number, but it still will not do it.  I am so frustrated! ...

Anyone Know Where To Get MS Word, 2003, 2007 Or 2010?
Feb 14, 2013

I have searched all over and can't find it.  I don't want the whole office package, just MS Word.  Thanks for your help! ...

Word 2003 Versus 2010
Feb 15, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has made the switch from 2003 to 2010 yet.  Wondering if there are a lot of differences and how much of a learning curve?  Thanks! ...

Word 2003 Automatic Numbering
Jan 08, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic numberine in Word.  I cannot remember.Thanks. ...

EditScript - How Do I Move Word 2003 Normal.dot
Nov 02, 2009

How do I move Word 2003 normal.dot (AutoText) and MSO1033.acl (AutoCorrect) to different computer, which now has newly loaded Word 2003 and EditScript8?  I have got the files moved to the desktop of the new computer.  Can normal.dot be called something else? I found an MSO.acl file, but not sure if this is the one I replace.  Any tips? This website is truy wonderful.  Thanks to JOb Seeker's Board, I got a 2nd job!      ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...