A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other free software out there other than ExpressScribe that's compatible with Infinity USB - MT20

Posted: May 20, 2014

Can't get pedal to work on Express Scribe.  Have tried everything.  Are there any other free transcription software/programs I can download?  Thanks. 

Some possible answers - floridagram

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is very vague in just stating you cannot get your foot pedal to work with ES. What operating system are you using? If Windows 8, you may have to download the drivers for ES to work with Windows 8.

There is also a free "voice player program" called The Record Player by For The Record. If you do a search on the technical board, you may find my helpful hints as to how to download this program and use it. It is also a great program if you are doing multispeaker presentations, as it is four channel audio and you can mute a speaker out if you wish.

I have downloaded drivers & did all of that & it did not work-looking for something other th - MT20

[ In Reply To ..]
The Record Player I understand doesn't work with pedals.

The Record Player - floridagram

[ In Reply To ..]
The Record Player does work with foot pedals. I have an IN-USB 1 foot pedal and it works just fine with it. Of course, I am using Windows 7, so again, depends on your operating system. Other than that, don't know what to tell you, except maybe if you have Windows 8, see if it can be rolled back to Windows 7, in which case, you would have to contact Microsoft.

Similar Messages:

Infinity Foot Pedal... What Program? Using ExpressScribe...
Aug 22, 2011

Hi there! I've been using ExpressScribe for my Infinity USB pedal, but I can't stand it!  I'm used to being able to tap the middle pedal once and it automatically rewinds a few seconds, know what I mean?  So far I can only get ExpressScribe to rewind by pushing a different pedal, and I don't like how long it takes, and how inconsistent that is.  So... 1.)  Does anyone know how to change the settings to tap-and-rewind for ES? Or... 2.)  Does an ...

Is GearPlayer Compatible With The Infinity USB Foot Pedal?
May 12, 2013

Is Gear Player compatible with the Infinity USB foot pedal?  I am DONE with this Express Scribe mess. ...

ExpressScribe Not Free Anymore?
Aug 14, 2013

After 2 weeks or so it wants you to buy the Pro version.   It has always been FREE!!  I had to change computers and thus had to download it again and now after 6 weeks of multiple downloads, it won't let me set up the foot pedal... says I must buy it Any ideas out there?  Or other freebies that work as well? ...

Infinity Foot Pedal And DSS Software
Jun 01, 2011

I have an Infinity foot pedal that I used a while back with my DSS software. Now I have the need to use the DSS software again and I cannot get the foot pedal to stop or start. I can hear the dictation but I can't get the pedal to work.  I have converted the files to "wav" files thinking that was the problem.  Any suggestions??? ...

Production Software Compatible With M-Modal
May 08, 2015

Is M-Modal compatible with any production software?  If so, is there a preferred vendor?   It's unbelievable that we are paid on production but given a platform with no production tools.   I appreciate any information, tips, advice on building more production on the M-Modal platform.  Thanks! ...

Windows 7 Compatible Software/foot Pedal
Sep 14, 2010

Hi, My 3-year-old Windows XP laptop crashed on Monday; thankfully my 7-year-old Windows XP desktop still chugs along (slowly) and I've been able to do my transcription work without a glitch (for the most part). However, I need to get a new laptop, and I'm going to be buying a Windows 7 laptop. My boyfriend already has a Windows 7 and he is testing my transcription software and foot pedal on the virtual Windows XP mode that Windows 7 Professional comes with. The problem is that while ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Good Free Transcribing Software
Mar 15, 2010

I just recently got a new computer over the weekend and when I tried to install my Start Stop software, it failed.  I then downloaded Express Scribe and it worked on dss voice files, but I can't get it to play any of my other voice files. Start stop would play them all. ...

Free Word Counting Software
Aug 14, 2011

I recently got a new computer and don't want to re-purchase my word counting app. Anybody no a free solution? IF there's more than one option, do you know which is best? Thanks! Marty ...

Free Line Counting Software...
Aug 29, 2011

I am looking for software that is a free download to create an invoice from a completed document…like MP Count, which is no longer free.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  I have searched Google, but have come up with only trial downloads that cost after so many days or uses. Thank you in advance :) ...

Free Line Count Software?
Nov 03, 2013

It's been years since I have needed line count software.  In fact, I found an old "disk" - it was a floppy disk, so that's how long it has been!  Anybody know of any free line count software.  I actually don't need it to keep track of all my lines, just so I'm close.  It needs to count separate reports, not just one big document.  I know Word has it's own where it counts characters, but I don't want to have to keep taking my hands off t ...

Recommendations For Free Line Counter Software? Sm
Jan 11, 2013

I really wish I could use Sylvan but I have Word 2002 and it only utilizes Word 2003 and higher. I was suggested to try Abacus but I cannot find a legitimate download link. Any other suggestions? Thanks! ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Infinity Foot Pedal - How Would I Contact Infinity, Any Info?
Jun 19, 2013

I have purchased multiple foot pedals because the USB plug-in stops working.  It seems like a broken wire or something inside because it happens intermitently and then stops all together.  Anyone else with this issue?  How would I contact Infinity, any info? Thanks. ...

Free VR Software That I Could Use As A "middleman" To Do Some Of My Transcription For Me?
May 11, 2012

Has anyone tried using VR software to get a rough draft of your transcription that you can then go in and proof to audio personally?  It sound like it would be a great help, but not sure of the logistics - putting the mic up to the speaker, etc...has anyone tried this successfully or am I just wishful thinking?  ...

Anyone Buy ExpressScribe Pro?
Aug 20, 2012

I have the free version but it sounds tinny and I have tried the bass fixes they mentioned on the site. Just wondering if anyone owns the Pro version to know if it's worth buying or if it is going to sound the same way. I started a new job last week and am struggling because I am leaving so many blanks from the echo of ExpressScribe. TIA ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

DocShuttle With Expressscribe
May 14, 2010

Does anyone use DocShuttle with Express Scribe?  ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Some Questions About ExpressScribe
Apr 05, 2012

I have been an MT for decades, using Word Perfect, then Bayscribe, and now another platform.  I never worked in Word. I was in the dark about a lot of things, being at my previous job for over 10 years, perfectly content, not realizing the chaos that was going on in this industry.  After being sold about 2 years ago, I had to learn a new platform, learn VR, and finally after a few years, understand how to use this particular platform.  Please bear with me as I ask a few ...

ExpressScribe Problems
Apr 09, 2012

I was using the free version of ExpressScribe and had no problems.  I purchased it yesterday, and now my wav files won't download.  Nothing has changed.  Can someone help me?  I did not pay for their support help, and am wondering if this is some sort of way that they want to get me to purchase the support help.  Thank you. ...

ExpressScribe And MS Word
Jun 29, 2012

New to this. How can I listen to file in ExpressScribe and type it in MS Word? ES gives me the area where I can type it, but I would rather no have to copy and paste if I can just type it in Word but still listen to the dictation. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much! ...

Problem With ExpressScribe
Jul 19, 2012

Hi, all,   I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with ExpressScribe.  I have used the free version for years.  I recently uninstalled it because I had an issue with it playing the files I needed, and after the uninstall, I re-downloaded the program.  However, now I only get a trial version, and when I try to set up my pedal, the message pops up that my pedal doesn't work with the trial version and that I can upgrade to Pro.  I didn' ...

Alternative To ExpressScribe
Sep 29, 2012

I desperately need an alternative to ES.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the free trial version several times.  I finally kept getting a message that I could no longer download the free trial, so I purchased the Pro version because I was promised that I was also paying for tech support.  The program keeps freezing up.  I am having an awful time loading files.  Yesterday afternoon I was trying to load files and it took me an entire 4 hours to get 15 files loaded with no more ...

ExpressScribe Users Please Help...sm
Nov 13, 2012

Could someone tell me when load and delete voice files into ExpressScribe, how the heck do I get it to save the original date and time stuff was recorded instead of changing it to the date and time I brought it into the program.  Frustrated.  Thanks all. ...

Infinity USB Foot Pedal
Jun 14, 2011

All of a sudden my foot pedal has been automatically back spacing about two sentences.  Does anyone have a clue how to change it so it doesn't  back space?  Thanks! ...

Infinity Pedal And TransNet
Oct 14, 2011

Does anyone know if Infinity USB-1 foot pedal is compatible with Dictaphone TransNet software and if so, how to configure? ...

Bytescribe And Infinity Pedals
Sep 13, 2012

Needing new pedal. Bytescribe's website says their pedal is compatible with most Infinity pedals. Does this mean I can use an Infinity pedal with my Bytescribe software that's already on my computer? TIA. ...