A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Windows 7 compatible software/foot pedal - Amanda

Posted: Sep 14, 2010

Hi,

My 3-year-old Windows XP laptop crashed on Monday; thankfully my 7-year-old Windows XP desktop still chugs along (slowly) and I've been able to do my transcription work without a glitch (for the most part).

However, I need to get a new laptop, and I'm going to be buying a Windows 7 laptop. My boyfriend already has a Windows 7 and he is testing my transcription software and foot pedal on the virtual Windows XP mode that Windows 7 Professional comes with.

The problem is that while the software can be installed without a problem in the virtual mode, the foot pedal will not be recognized and according to the various forums I've searched, this is a common issue where foot pedals are recognized as human interface devices, not USB devices and therefore, the virtual environment doesn't see them.

So, my question to you all: now that it seems that I have to purchase updated software and foot pedal, what brand do you recommend that will work in a Windows 7 environment?

My soon-to-be defunct software that I'm using now is WavPedal 5 with a FootScribe foot pedal.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Amanda

Win7 Compatible - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm using an Infinity footpedal (IN-USB-1) with Express Scribe w/o a problem. The footpedal is listed as HID (human interface) but it does show under the properties that it is a USB device, specifically a VEC USB footpedal. Not sure what all that means, but as long as it keeps on working, it doesn't really matter to me. :-)

Express Scribe ended up working for me. Thanks! /nm - Amanda

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is GearPlayer Compatible With The Infinity USB Foot Pedal?
May 12, 2013

Is Gear Player compatible with the Infinity USB foot pedal?  I am DONE with this Express Scribe mess. ...

Infinity Foot Pedal And DSS Software
Jun 01, 2011

I have an Infinity foot pedal that I used a while back with my DSS software. Now I have the need to use the DSS software again and I cannot get the foot pedal to stop or start. I can hear the dictation but I can't get the pedal to work.  I have converted the files to "wav" files thinking that was the problem.  Any suggestions??? ...

Recommend Foot Pedal And/or Software
Jan 24, 2013

Up until now I have not had to buy my own pedal or software, but many companies seem require this.  I could use some recommendations, as I'm a little lost. I would like to be prepared in advance, but do not wish to spend money on something that can't be used.  What kind do you recommend?  I think a pedal that plays both dss. and wav. files, but what about software?  Something that is versatile?    ...

Foot Pedal Doesn't Work With Windows Media. Sm
Dec 28, 2011

Know there are free programs to convert to wav, but anyone have any suggestions of a safe one?  Have a test in media and just don't have three hands to keep pausing!  Thanks for any help. ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Making Foot Pedal Work With Windows Media Player
May 05, 2012

Is there any way to make my Infinity USB foot pedal work with Windows Media Player? I dont want to convert the media files to another program like Express Scribe. This is through a remote desktop and the files open with Windows Media Player and Express Scribe is not on this desktop and there is no way to put it there.   TIA! ...

Find A Foot Pedal That Works With Windows Media Player
Apr 04, 2013

I am looking to find a foot pedal that works with Windows Media Player.  Anyone know of one?   ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Is SoftScript Compatible With Windows 7? Nm
Apr 03, 2012

ChartNet Compatible With Windows 7?
Jun 22, 2012

Hi all.  Is ChartNet compatible with Windows 7? TIA Bee ...

Windows 8 And DocQscribe 7.1 Compatible?
Oct 29, 2012

Does anyone know if the new Windows 8 is compatible with DocQscribe 7.1?  I really need a new laptop and see that since the new Windows 8 has come out it is harder to find a new computer with Windows 7 on it.  I'd appreciate anybody's input.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Is Editscript Compatible With Windows 8?
Sep 18, 2013

I have been wanting to get a work laptop for a while now, but the only ones i can find are windows 8. Also, will the foot pedal work with this operating system?   Thanks, ire ...

Platform Compatible With Windows 8?
Jan 24, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that uses a platform compatible with Windows 8? ...

If Chartnet Is Compatible With Windows 8?
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone know if Chartnet is compatible with windows 8?  I am getting so many winsock and other crazy errors everytime Im working with Chartnet - losing productivity.  I do not get these errors with any other software on my PC.  I use XP right now.  I am willing to purchase a new PC if it seems to be an issue with my PC and Chartnet!  My machine is 10+ years old with some updates, 3 GB ram and it shows 256 MB harddrive even though its a 500.  Processor is 2.0.  I know this is a litt ...

What Antivirus Is Compatible With The New Windows
Apr 20, 2014

My fiance put "Viper" on and it was not compatible with escription.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...

Is Windows 7 In XP Mode Compatible With Editscript
Nov 01, 2010

Hi there. I have taken a job with a company who uses editscript which they tell me is only compatible with Windows XP. I am running Windows 7. On microsofts home page they have a download that will allow you to run 7 in XP mode for compatibility with older programs. I wondered if anyone has tried this or had any experience with this issue and editscript. I could just load a second OS on my computer but this download woud be much simpler and cheaper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Is Windows 7 Compatible With MS Word 2003?
Jun 07, 2011

thanks ...

Does Anyone Know If EMDAT/Inscribe Is Compatible With Windows 8.1?
Nov 27, 2014

I have a Windows 8 currently in the process of automatic updating and I am afraid it wont work with EMDAT/Inscribe. ...

Production Software Compatible With M-Modal
May 08, 2015

Is M-Modal compatible with any production software?  If so, is there a preferred vendor?   It's unbelievable that we are paid on production but given a platform with no production tools.   I appreciate any information, tips, advice on building more production on the M-Modal platform.  Thanks! ...

Is Escription Compatible With Word/windows 2007?
Jul 12, 2010

Hello!  My laptop just went kaput and I want to buy a new one but all of the computers these days come with windows 2007/word 7.  Does anyone know if escription is compatible with this operating system?  Does anyone know how to contact escription to find out? ...

Is Nuance Compatible With Windows 7/Vista 64 Bit Systems? Sm
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering because posting says now compatible with Windows 7/64 systems, but actual information on job info page for the application says 32 bit systems only but that is as of Feb. Anyone know for sure? I have 8 GB of memory and only Vista 64 and Windows 7 can utilize higher than 4 GB of memory.  The 32 bit systems can only utilize a max of 4 GB of memory.  Makes a huge difference.  TIA! ...

Any Other Free Software Out There Other Than ExpressScribe That's Compatible With Infinity USB
May 20, 2014

Can't get pedal to work on Express Scribe.  Have tried everything.  Are there any other free transcription software/programs I can download?  Thanks.  ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...