A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just downloaded DS to a new Windows 7 32-bit computer - mesascribe

Posted: Apr 18, 2011

and I'm having all sorts of trouble.  Anyone else using Win 7 that can advise me?  I have to go in with every dictation and reset the pedal settings so that the pedal will work and the feature to enlarge the text won't work.  Sure could use some advise here.

Download - NS

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you downloading DocQscribe?

Similar Messages:

WAV & 64 Bit Computer & Windows 7
Feb 15, 2011

I'm having an awful time with my WAVpedal since getting a spanking new 64 bit computer running Windows 7.  The folks where I got my software insist that it's not a compatibility issue but I'm not so sure.  I'm finding that I'm not able to play certain types of voice files, including some, but not all, MP3's.  Seems to depend on the bit speed, not that I have any idea what that means.  I've been going back and forth with them for weeks now an ...

Just An FYI For Those That Might Be Looking For A Windows 7 Computer
Mar 16, 2014

I was checking mail last night after work and one was from "one of the home shopping sites."  I went to their website and noticed that they have laptops with Windows 7 on them that you can buy over several payments.  Not sure about desktops, because I have used a laptop for years and my current laptop has Windows 7.  Also, many of these and that might be pretty much everywhere, come installed with Home Premium (I know mine did), that does cause "problems down the road," as far as ...

Wanting To Put Windows 7 On My Computer. Please Sm
Dec 08, 2009

I currently have Vista.  I was eligible for the Windows 7 upgrade.  If I put Windows 7 on my computer, will I lose my programs, like my Shorthand, Kodak, my work programs used for typing? Thanks ...

Need Help Windows 7 Computer Shopping
Apr 10, 2014

Somebody posted yesterday that they are very happy with their new Windows 7 laptop.  I am shopping for either that or a Windows 7 all-in-one or regular computer.  Could that person tell me exactly what make and model they bought?  I don't want to buy the wrong thing, nor do I want to overpay for more than I need.   Thanks for your help.  ...

Well, I Just Bought A Brand New Computer With Windows 7 And
Apr 13, 2014

everything updates to the hilt and I am finding my typing screen has a lag to it.  I have tons of ram, etc etc and I wonder if Norton is playing a roll.  It isnt a terrible lag but when you type very fast it will locked for a few seconds.  It isnt like waiting on words to appear it is more a lock type lag if you type too fast.  I find these new computers are most assuredly nothing like the older ones that i have had.  Much more chintzy and of course made in China.  ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Instant Text V On A Computer Running Windows 7?
Jan 14, 2011

Does anyone know if a resolution has ever been found for loading Instant Text V on a computer running Windows 7? I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 7 Professional so that it would run XP version programs. Why will it not load? It is telling me the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows I am running. ...

Downloaded The Fix For DQS And
Oct 12, 2010

one job at a time.  There is never a second job waiting behind it. When I finish the job I have and upload it, I get NJA for a few seconds and then it downloads a job.  I don't ever have 2 jobs at a time in my queue anymore. Anyone else having this happen?  This has only been happening to me since I downloaded the "fix" for 6.1. ...

Has Anyone Downloaded DQS To Their Own Equipment Lately?
Oct 24, 2012

I'm going to be out of town a lot in the near future and I'd like work to be portable.  I found a little bit of info in the archives, but I'd appreciate any help you can give, even if it's just a link to a helpful post.Thanks  :) ...

I Need Help Asap. I Just Downloaded Coffeecup
Aug 26, 2012

free FTP for my new job and I cannot figure how to make a new connection.  It says something about control S but all it said when I did that was I do not have authorization to view that page.  Not sure where to put all the info my new job sent (like where it says port 21).  Thanks for any help!! ...

Are We Allowed To Use Downloaded Version
Oct 30, 2014

I guess you can no longer buy full licensed copies of MS Word on a disk ???  I see you can get MS Word 2013 in downloadable form, starting with a "trial" and then I guess you end up paying per year or month?  So, is this acceptable or do we HAVE to have it on disk? ...

Anyone Heard Of Or Ever Downloaded And Used Express Scribe?
Jan 24, 2013

Hey, has anyone heard of or ever downloaded and used Express Scribe?  It's a free download.  I'm interested to hear any feedback about this program.  Is it trustworthy?  It makes me a little suspicious because it's free.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :) ...

I Just Downloaded Instant Text - Seems Extremely Complicated -
Aug 24, 2010

I have been a transcriptionist for 15 years, all of which has been on Dictaphone EXText and now EXEditor.  Why does my ESP in Dictaphone keep interfering? If I use an expansion and hit spacebar the ESP windows comes up, which makes no sense because ESP uses ctrl-ctrl to open?  And how on earth do you learn it all?  How will it benefit me after using thousands of ESPs daily.    Help!   ...

Downloaded Instant Text Today. How Will I Ever Learn It All?
Aug 24, 2010

You all really love it? ...

I Downloaded The Labor Standards Complaint Form
Apr 05, 2012

For the great State of Wisconsin (as they say). All that free data entry we do, headers and so on - yeah, I'm gonna put a price on all that.  Go ahead and tell me, State of Wisconsin, that in the great United States of America, workers can be expected to DONATE their time and effort to a company, and it's A-OK.  Go ahead, tell me that - so I can add it into my video. ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Okay Downloaded The "fix" For The Heading Problem And Need The Address Or Website For Supp
Mar 26, 2011

Have no idea what it is.  Can someone provide it please!!!!!!  Thanks  P.S.  Do not download the fix! ...

InScribe Version - Which Is The "latest" That You Downloaded?
Apr 29, 2014

I'm just wondering if beta is still under testing, or if anyone's loaded it and using it with, or without problems? ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Anyone Use DQS On Windows 7 Yet?
Dec 16, 2009

I want to go to my parents house this weekend for Christmas and I have to work.  They live about 4 hours away so I was just going to take my foot pedal with me and download DQS on my dad's computer.  He is nerd so he has this really cool computer so I am not worried about DQS not running on it or anything.  I was just wondering about how DQS runs with windows 7.  I would figure it would just run the same since it is internet based.  I just would hate to not be able ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Windows 7?
Jan 05, 2010

x ...

Windows 7 64-bit OS And DQS 6.1
Sep 20, 2010

I have read other posts on this site with respect to this subject but just wondering if anyone using Windows 7 is able to use DQS 6.1 64-bit OS with it. Every machine you purchase comes preloaded with it and I want to buy a new machine but if Windows 7 64-bit doesn't work properly, I won't even bother yet. I heard from support that is unsure right now as they are still working on other things, i.e., problems with 6.1.   Thanks for your input!   ...

DQS And Windows 7
Nov 03, 2010

Hi All!   I am considering buying a new personal PC, which are all loaded with Windows 7.  I can't find info anywhere as to the requirements for the operating system compatible with the newer DocQscribe software, or are we still stuck with XP? Thanks for any help! ...

Windows 7 -- 64-bit And 32-bit
Nov 22, 2010

Can maybe someone answer my question. I purchased a new computer last year with the new Windows 7 home premium operating system. For the Internet Explorer, I have two icons, one on my desktop that strictly says 64-bit, plus there is an IE icon at the bottom of my toolbar that uses 32-bit for some sites (I think because Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with 64-bit OS, is what I was told by an HP tech person). Some companies advertising on the Job Seeker board says can use Windows 7, 32- ...

Windows 7/64
Aug 05, 2011

Does docqscribe work now with windows 64-bit? ...