A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I would earn more money if I was paid by the number of corrections - dnr

Posted: Jun 23, 2011

I have to make for DQSpeech.

sick of freebies - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm tired of freebies! If I have to enter new doctor's names I want to be paid..if I have to update demographics screens I want to be paid...if I have to enter fax numbers, address, etc., I want to be paid. I'm sure Medquist does nothing for free. Why should we? I'm paid on production. If my finger types something I'm producing. That's what we do.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcribers Earn Big Money
Apr 16, 2010

Just got this in a Spam E-mail.  Sure wish I had gone into that field instead of what I am doing and making squat!!! ...

Want To Earn Extra Money? Those Of You Being Told To Lie
Nov 24, 2011

a goldmine, PLUS an opportunity to put those immoral MTSOs in their place.  Every job has the time it was submitted and who did it.  If those times are strung-out over 10-14 hours when the MTSO bogus records show you worked an 8-hour shift, who do you think will come out ahead in a lawsuit?  Also, keep a log on the REAL hours you worked as icing on the cake.  An employment attorrney would have a ball with this. ...

Is It Hard To Earn Money On ChartNet? Sm
Jan 09, 2015

I have never worked on ChartNet and am wondering how hard it is to learn and the earning capacity in it.  I love escription but this new account is ChartNet.   Thanks all! ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

I Don't Know What MM Paid For Their ASR Program But They Need To Get Their Money Back
Dec 06, 2013

ASR for this company is a total joke!!! It gets worse every single day. Remember when they said it would "learn." Well so far, it isn't learning!!! ...

Hospital Job Paid On Production. I Can't Make Any Money
Jan 29, 2014

When did hospital jobs get almost as bad as working for a service?  When I have had hospital MT jobs before, we were either paid hourly, or hourly base pay plus incentive.  It was possible to make $22 to $25 an hour. I have also worked on production for a service and for myself and I can usually do 200 lph very easily, 250 lph if I'm concentrating, 300-350 lph if I'm concentrating and getting good dictation (that I'm familiar with and know what they are going to say ...

Anyone Know If You Earn PTO If NJA
Mar 28, 2013

If you have no jobs and can't work,do you still earn your PTO? ...

What The Indians Earn
Mar 25, 2013

I've been looking at exchange rates as well as information on salaries for MTs in India trying to figure out what they are earning.  As best I can tell, a rupee is worth about 2 cents.  If my math is correct, a starting MT is earing about $160/month.  I cannot find any information as to their line rate.  If anyone has better math skills (and it would not be difficult) please correct me.  At that rate, you can see why they want all the work to go to India.  Even ...

Pick A Report Number Any Number
Apr 29, 2015

doesn't matter to you, the MT will fix it. So what it takes MY time, so what it throws me off when I'm half way through the report and realize I may have it wrong and have to leave the screen, relisten to the beginning of the dictation, and change it..What do you care doc? you make a crap ton more money than I do, so obviously your time is more important.. ...

What Should We Do If We Earn Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 02, 2010

Are we supposed to report this to someone?  Plus, since our earnings may fluctuate from pay to pay, what do we do then?  ...

SS Ad: Plenty Of Work Available To Allow You To Earn What You Need TODAY!!! Sm
Jan 23, 2011

I average about 400-500 lines a shift (full time), so I guess if you can live on $36-45 a day, they are not lying. ...

In Terms Of What You Earn Per Day - What Is Your Bottom Line?
Apr 14, 2012

A post on the company board got me to think about what it is we (as MTs) need in terms of pay.  Does 3 cpl provide for you and your family (if you have dependents)? Does 12 cpl provide that need?  What is your daily average of income regardless of whether it is voice recognition or straight income?  Do you have a bottom line that you will not cross or will find something outside of medicatl transcription? I will post separately my personal need and hope others will share theirs. ...

MME Corrections
Jan 22, 2010

Unbelieveable..for years I have been typing comorbid, now I get a correction of co-morbid all throughout my report.  In the past, I have been told to change cc to mL but then I got corrected by MME and so went back to cc, now I am corrected again that it should be mL.  I have been told in the past, if it is not followup, then write it this way without a dash, follow up, no dash.  Now I am corrected to put the dash in, follow-up.   This is an ongoing thing with whichever ...

Just Now Getting Corrections From May...
Jun 19, 2014

Why am I just now getting these stupid individual report audit/correction/notification/micromanagements?   Can I anticipate more of these dragging out?  What's the longest stretch between when you completed a report and received notification regarding one? ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

One Sentence, 7 Corrections
Jan 11, 2014

And they wonder why I can't make production??????? Looking forward to production proficiency mentoring later this month. Bring it on! ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Ridiculous FIESA Corrections By OFFSHORE QA...sm
Aug 28, 2013

Dictated:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. Transcribed/Edited by me to read:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte. OFFSHORE CORRECTION:  All cysts was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. This particular account is "modified verbatim" allowing us to change improper grammar and redundant/repetitive statements.  So, I deleted the second instance of "as well" since it had already been said just ONE flipping word before!  What do I get for ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

Due For Number Four Chemo? Is Number Four Right Or Should It Be Number-4 Chemo? Also,
Aug 08, 2013

what's the rule for dates?  Should it be 05/25/2014 or May 25, 2014?  Thanks. ...

Annoying "corrections."
Jan 05, 2014

I had a fairly short note that was easy - and correct - except for a couple of lab terms I wasn't sure of because the dictator slurred over them.  Wanting the report to be correct, I submitted it to QA in the hope that the "smarter" QA person would hear the lab terms and fill them in.  Ha!  She didn't know either, but instead went through and "corrected" things that didn't need correcting, I'm sure in order to justify her job.   No more will ...

Number
Apr 13, 2011

How would you type this?  Dictator says WBC count 50,000 point 60 ...

NJA Ticket Number
Dec 02, 2009

Is anyone else having a problem with support getting a ticket number when out of work?  Four days running I have requested a ticket and its like pulling teeth to get one--didn't used to be like that.  Any thoughts. ...

Tylenol Number 3
Dec 11, 2009

Can someone please tell me how exactly this drug is typed out? #3, number 3, No. 3, etc? Or does it matter? thanks. ...