A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why does it feel if you're struggling with LPH - Suddenly FIESA pops up every day?

Posted: Jun 27, 2014

As posted in a previous thread, due to over hiring, the rules for QCs have been changed and we are being closely monitored to be sure we have our LPH at the right level.  Why does it seem that, if you are struggling with that and doing all you can just to keep above the cutting point, that all of a sudden your email is FULL of Fiesa errors?   I HATE Fiesa with a passion.  I see those emails and just want to throw my hands up and quit.  I am already on edge with worrying if I will be let go due to be just a few lines under my LPH - and now THIS?  Does anyone else have this problem?

FIESA - I hate it too

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my email set up so it goes right into my Delete box. Never have to look at it that way. Of course I know it's still there, but at least it makes me feel like I have some control over my own life.

It's undermining your confidence - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
And that in turn causes those picky little errors. That's all FIESA ever was to me. It gave me chest pain. I was so flustered about it half the time, I completely lost my confidence. It took me a long time to get it back (after I quit Nuance) and I'm still not where I used to be. I don't think the effects of Nuance and FIESA will ever leave me.

I don't know if most people realize this, but that constant barrage of error Emails zaps your confidence and in turn CAUSES more errors. I think Nuance has known this from the very beginning. They have single-handedly destroyed the MT and the QA, the industry, and made everything that used to be a positive now a negative. That's quite a feat for 1 company. Well Nuance, pat yourself on the back. You did it.

I agree. I can't focus on the report because I'm so focused on not making a "critica - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
I pay Fiesa absolutely NO ATENTION WHATSOEVER!! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

focus - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
oops!! I meant to say critical error. Guess that's a critical error. LOL!

LPH - cam

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I am having this problem keeping up my LPH. Now, I admit that I am probably mostly to blame, I am not saying it is all Nuance or Fiesa that is for sure, but it does seem like the harder you try the harder it is to make LPH not easier. I hate that they don't make exceptions for people that are running out of work with their line count. I have to do Enrich classes, which I am open to any helpful suggestions that is for sure. At my last transcription job you got called inhouse when your line count or QA went down, so at least they cant do that to you here. I am glad they are willing to work with me.

People in HR have a conscience, but they work for Nuance - and are not allowed to use it.

[ In Reply To ..]
Please feel free to take this line and re-post it about every other day on here:

People in HR have a conscience, but they work for Nuance and are not allowed to use it.

Similar Messages:

HELP!! Am Struggling With VR . . .
Feb 26, 2010

I am just getting torn apart with my VR.  I have never really worked it before and just started with a new co that wants you off qa the first week.  I am missing a lot of small words .  Any suggestions?  Or am I just not cut out for it? ...

Just For My Struggling MTs At The Q
Mar 11, 2010

I found this on the AOL home page this morning and after this weeks check, felt some of may find this handy....... Cheapskate that I am, I shop one of two discount chains for staples every couple of weeks. On my latest trip, using off-label brands, I put together the following shopping list and menus. It's no-frills cuisine, and I use that term loosely, to be sure, but that's besides the point. It's a survival diet for someone on a constrained budget.So hold your nose, cruise the ...

Am I The Only One Struggling With My Job?
Feb 23, 2012

I started with a new company 2 months ago.  I've never done speech editing until now.  The headers are confusing but I make lots of notes, try every day to do this right.  I'll think I've done a good job but the next day, there's my reports showing mistakes.  I'll have multiple reports with A's but it only takes 1 or 2 C reports to bring down my average.  I'm not new at this, 30 years experience but I'm having second thoughts about ...

New MT, Struggling
Aug 06, 2013

I'm a recently graduated MT. I started working almost as soon as I graduated. I decided to work from home for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. But I also, unfortunately, have a problem when it comes to interacting with people, whether it be customers or coworkers. I have a tendency to say the wrong thing, even though I don't mean how it comes out. I'm very introverted and have a lot of social anxiety, so this exacerbates the problem. I thought all of this could be re ...

S/l Struggling Cicention
Apr 25, 2010

It is really difficult to tell about the right ventricular impulse, but he has struggling s/l cicention at 90 degrees. ...

Will This Help Struggling American MTs?
Apr 23, 2013

I saw this article on a new law being passed about outsourcing jobs http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-bill-could-slow-indian-outsourcers-092353134--finance.html     ...

Still Struggling With Required LPH. Sm
Dec 09, 2013

Have been on E5 for a year and unable maintain 186 lph. This is the first time in my 20+ years as an MT that it has been so hard to reach the required lines. Today I forced myself to sit in the chair and moved only to go to the bathroom a couple times, and a 1-minute stretch every hour (timed). Still only managed about 170 lph. The audio is pretty bad on my accounts, but still never had a problem with lines with poor audio at prior jobs. I do tend to double-listen now when there is a hitch in th ...

Struggling Newbie
Dec 26, 2013

Hey all.  I just started at Nuance on 11/18, straight outta school, although I'd done MT before getting formal instruction :( ANYWAY...I like working for this company, and I have 90 days to get my skill set up to snuff.  I've made progress, %-wise, like 98.37% but am still making dumb errors and getting not-good reviews.  Does anybody that's been doing MT for a while remember struggling in the beginning?  I'd love to hear a story about triumph over ad ...

Struggling With Quality
Jul 14, 2014

Is anyone else struggling with quality.  I just can't keep up with the 99.6 and now 99.7.  I am on my "Written Performance Management" and know I am on the chopping block.  I am honestly hoping for unemployment and going back to school.  Would be nice to know I am not alone....this is too stressful!!!!   ...

MTSO's - Most Of You Are Struggling And You Don't Know Why.
Dec 13, 2014

There are three areas where many MTSO's run off the track: 1.  Poor recruiting, hiring and training practices. 2.  Poor supervision, from poor selection of supervisors to lack of training for new supervisors to failure to supervise your supervisors. 3.  Inadequate compensation.  Notice that I didn't say "not having the highest compensation".  Between "inadequate" and "the highest" there's a ton of room for ALL of you to improve, but you must AT LEAST co ...

Shorthand Help Needed Please. New To VR And Struggling.
Dec 28, 2010

can someone please tell me how or if there is a way I can get Shorthand to jump to end of word, insert comma, go to next word?  Sorry if I'm not making any sense!  As in a list of medications the VR is not putting in the commas and it's slowing me way down trying to ctrl right arrow backspace comma ctrl right arrow.  Working in M*Modal based program.  Thanks very very much! ...

Mmodal...anyone Else Struggling With Quality?
Jul 14, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble passing audits and maintaining the 99.7? ...

Struggling With Word Sounds Like Eczemthematis?
May 01, 2012

struggling with word sounds like eczemthematis? sentence is "Extremities were found to be free of any ? (eczemthematis) changes. ...

Line Counts - Struggling To Make 186 LPH
Jan 15, 2013

I am on  old Webmedx platform (I think it is Escription) and am struggling to make 186 LPH. Are any of you doing this? ...

Leap Of Faith - After Years Of Worrying And Struggling
Nov 23, 2010

After years of worrying and struggling to make ends meet working here and part time at a 24 hour store, I've decided to take my daughter's advice and move.  I applied for jobs in San Antonio and found an actual transcription job IN A HOSPITAL!  I'll be making a better than decent salary and will be getting actual benefits!  I'll be moving in with my daughter and her BF for a while, but we'll be house hunting soon as my place is sold.  I will also have the time now ...

Struggling To Make Weekly Linecount W/new System
Sep 27, 2013

My place of business has switched from a very streamlined transcription system to one that is VERY subpar.  Process to complete just 1 document is as follows: 1) When a new job comes up to be transcribed I have to first adjust settings and choose clinician, patient and corresponding DOS, type of document/letter, etc.  Then I have to work simultaeously with MS Word open - go to my template in Word (cause I had to make ALL NEW templates when we went to this new compa ...

Hoping To Inspire Some Of You That Are Struggling (long Post, Sorry!)
Mar 01, 2014

Hello all my fellow transcriptionists! I love this board. I have been coming here and reading most of the messages here for many years now, even though I haven't really been a 'medical' transcriptionist for about 4 or 5 years now. I love all your comments, feel for you when you share your frustrations, and gain insight into the changes that have continued to happen with medical transcription (in particular, with the MTSOs). I am heartbroken for the many of you that are work ...

Struggling To Make Line Count Every Pay Period
Apr 11, 2014

I have been here for two years and it seems like I am just struggling to make line count every pay period.  I feel like I am walking up a hill in a big wind storm, moving but not really getting anywhere.  I work nights and I am getting too tired at night.  I know most of this is my fault, but worked as an MT before and did great, no problems what so ever and great pay.  Does anyone else feel like this? ...

Struggling To Make Ends Meet. Anyone Know Who Pays Weekly?
Apr 08, 2013

any help is appreciated. i checked the archives but there is nothing very current.  ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...

How Are You All Going To Feel
Dec 03, 2013

when fast food workers are making $10/hour? ...