A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Struggling to make weekly linecount w/new system - gdis4me

Posted: Sep 27, 2013

My place of business has switched from a very streamlined transcription system to one that is VERY subpar.  Process to complete just 1 document is as follows:

1) When a new job comes up to be transcribed I have to first adjust settings and choose clinician, patient and corresponding DOS, type of document/letter, etc.  Then I have to work simultaeously with MS Word open - go to my template in Word (cause I had to make ALL NEW templates when we went to this new company), cut and paste into working document in new system and fill in as I hear the dictation.  (No avaiilability for autotext in this new system) I do a spell check, then choose setting as to what category it will be filed in the EMR and end document.

2) Go to a holding bin file, find document and release to medical record.

3) Go to medical record and edit document so that it is readable, otherwise everything is flush left, one line after another w/no indents to indicate paragraphs, etc.

Get payed by line count and it is almost impossible to work in any type of fluid manner on this new system so that I maintain the line count I need for a decent paycheck.  I get "dizzy" trying to keep track of reports completed, those that are in the EMR but awaiting editing - then I may get requests for priority dictations and I have to put everything on hold and that really throws me off.  My last paycheck was not good at all. . . .but I can't be putting in 12 hour days to make-up for what I could get out in an 8 hour day previously.  Sooooo frustrated!

One idea - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
is there any way you can complete your whole report in Word, using your expanders, and then cut/paste the completed report into their system?

One Idea - gdis4me

[ In Reply To ..]
THANKS for the suggestion. I thought that I had to actually type in their system in order for my line count to "take" and calculated, but I typed in Word, cut/paste document into their system and it DID calculate line count for me.

Similar Messages:

Struggling To Make Ends Meet. Anyone Know Who Pays Weekly?
Apr 08, 2013

any help is appreciated. i checked the archives but there is nothing very current.  ...

Line Counts - Struggling To Make 186 LPH
Jan 15, 2013

I am on  old Webmedx platform (I think it is Escription) and am struggling to make 186 LPH. Are any of you doing this? ...

Struggling To Make Line Count Every Pay Period
Apr 11, 2014

I have been here for two years and it seems like I am just struggling to make line count every pay period.  I feel like I am walking up a hill in a big wind storm, moving but not really getting anywhere.  I work nights and I am getting too tired at night.  I know most of this is my fault, but worked as an MT before and did great, no problems what so ever and great pay.  Does anyone else feel like this? ...

Does This New QA-First Time System Make
Mar 14, 2010

I have come to not trust MQ and I am feeling as though this is another way of bilking us for lines, ease in firing, or something.  Am I alone here, or just being paranoid? ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Can You Make $ With Their System And Their Rate Of Pay?
Nov 15, 2012

Hi. I accepted a position a few weeks ago, waiting to get started due to my scheduling conflict. I am wondering though, currents MTs or past MTs, did you actually make good paydays working with them? They seem very friendly. I am just worried if I can make good money with them. The rate of pay seems low. ...

System Down, They Expect You To Work Extra To Make Up For It
Jan 11, 2013

I like how CCM says that we need to work extra to make up for the downtime. Uh..I do have a life outside of Mmodal. Not my fault the system is down day after day. ...

For Those Interested In Weekly Pay, J&M Transcription Also Pays Weekly. Nm
Feb 09, 2011

ppp ...

ChartScript.net- Linecount And Other Issues
Nov 03, 2011

Good day all! My employer is switching to ChartScript.net and I am very concerned.  I have heard a lot of bad things about the net version of ChartScript, though mostly from people who used it a few years ago, so wondering what current net users think. -Line counts- Have heard some reports get lost in the system, demographics/headers/footers, etc are not counted and that line counts seem to far off from what MT expects based on other line counts programs/MS word line counts- How hard is i ...

HELP!! Am Struggling With VR . . .
Feb 26, 2010

I am just getting torn apart with my VR.  I have never really worked it before and just started with a new co that wants you off qa the first week.  I am missing a lot of small words .  Any suggestions?  Or am I just not cut out for it? ...

Just For My Struggling MTs At The Q
Mar 11, 2010

I found this on the AOL home page this morning and after this weeks check, felt some of may find this handy....... Cheapskate that I am, I shop one of two discount chains for staples every couple of weeks. On my latest trip, using off-label brands, I put together the following shopping list and menus. It's no-frills cuisine, and I use that term loosely, to be sure, but that's besides the point. It's a survival diet for someone on a constrained budget.So hold your nose, cruise the ...

Am I The Only One Struggling With My Job?
Feb 23, 2012

I started with a new company 2 months ago.  I've never done speech editing until now.  The headers are confusing but I make lots of notes, try every day to do this right.  I'll think I've done a good job but the next day, there's my reports showing mistakes.  I'll have multiple reports with A's but it only takes 1 or 2 C reports to bring down my average.  I'm not new at this, 30 years experience but I'm having second thoughts about ...

New MT, Struggling
Aug 06, 2013

I'm a recently graduated MT. I started working almost as soon as I graduated. I decided to work from home for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. But I also, unfortunately, have a problem when it comes to interacting with people, whether it be customers or coworkers. I have a tendency to say the wrong thing, even though I don't mean how it comes out. I'm very introverted and have a lot of social anxiety, so this exacerbates the problem. I thought all of this could be re ...

S/l Struggling Cicention
Apr 25, 2010

It is really difficult to tell about the right ventricular impulse, but he has struggling s/l cicention at 90 degrees. ...

Will This Help Struggling American MTs?
Apr 23, 2013

I saw this article on a new law being passed about outsourcing jobs http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-immigration-bill-could-slow-indian-outsourcers-092353134--finance.html     ...

Still Struggling With Required LPH. Sm
Dec 09, 2013

Have been on E5 for a year and unable maintain 186 lph. This is the first time in my 20+ years as an MT that it has been so hard to reach the required lines. Today I forced myself to sit in the chair and moved only to go to the bathroom a couple times, and a 1-minute stretch every hour (timed). Still only managed about 170 lph. The audio is pretty bad on my accounts, but still never had a problem with lines with poor audio at prior jobs. I do tend to double-listen now when there is a hitch in th ...

Struggling Newbie
Dec 26, 2013

Hey all.  I just started at Nuance on 11/18, straight outta school, although I'd done MT before getting formal instruction :( ANYWAY...I like working for this company, and I have 90 days to get my skill set up to snuff.  I've made progress, %-wise, like 98.37% but am still making dumb errors and getting not-good reviews.  Does anybody that's been doing MT for a while remember struggling in the beginning?  I'd love to hear a story about triumph over ad ...

Why Does It Feel If You're Struggling With LPH
Jun 27, 2014

As posted in a previous thread, due to over hiring, the rules for QCs have been changed and we are being closely monitored to be sure we have our LPH at the right level.  Why does it seem that, if you are struggling with that and doing all you can just to keep above the cutting point, that all of a sudden your email is FULL of Fiesa errors?   I HATE Fiesa with a passion.  I see those emails and just want to throw my hands up and quit.  I am already on edge with worrying ...

Struggling With Quality
Jul 14, 2014

Is anyone else struggling with quality.  I just can't keep up with the 99.6 and now 99.7.  I am on my "Written Performance Management" and know I am on the chopping block.  I am honestly hoping for unemployment and going back to school.  Would be nice to know I am not alone....this is too stressful!!!!   ...

MTSO's - Most Of You Are Struggling And You Don't Know Why.
Dec 13, 2014

There are three areas where many MTSO's run off the track: 1.  Poor recruiting, hiring and training practices. 2.  Poor supervision, from poor selection of supervisors to lack of training for new supervisors to failure to supervise your supervisors. 3.  Inadequate compensation.  Notice that I didn't say "not having the highest compensation".  Between "inadequate" and "the highest" there's a ton of room for ALL of you to improve, but you must AT LEAST co ...

Camus System? (computer System)
Dec 26, 2013

I cannot find documentation on this.  The context appears to be the imaging and labs and the doctors have been dictating the system is down.  Thank you for any help! ...

Shorthand Help Needed Please. New To VR And Struggling.
Dec 28, 2010

can someone please tell me how or if there is a way I can get Shorthand to jump to end of word, insert comma, go to next word?  Sorry if I'm not making any sense!  As in a list of medications the VR is not putting in the commas and it's slowing me way down trying to ctrl right arrow backspace comma ctrl right arrow.  Working in M*Modal based program.  Thanks very very much! ...

Mmodal...anyone Else Struggling With Quality?
Jul 14, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble passing audits and maintaining the 99.7? ...

Struggling With Word Sounds Like Eczemthematis?
May 01, 2012

struggling with word sounds like eczemthematis? sentence is "Extremities were found to be free of any ? (eczemthematis) changes. ...

Leap Of Faith - After Years Of Worrying And Struggling
Nov 23, 2010

After years of worrying and struggling to make ends meet working here and part time at a 24 hour store, I've decided to take my daughter's advice and move.  I applied for jobs in San Antonio and found an actual transcription job IN A HOSPITAL!  I'll be making a better than decent salary and will be getting actual benefits!  I'll be moving in with my daughter and her BF for a while, but we'll be house hunting soon as my place is sold.  I will also have the time now ...

Hoping To Inspire Some Of You That Are Struggling (long Post, Sorry!)
Mar 01, 2014

Hello all my fellow transcriptionists! I love this board. I have been coming here and reading most of the messages here for many years now, even though I haven't really been a 'medical' transcriptionist for about 4 or 5 years now. I love all your comments, feel for you when you share your frustrations, and gain insight into the changes that have continued to happen with medical transcription (in particular, with the MTSOs). I am heartbroken for the many of you that are work ...

Weekly Pay
Sep 15, 2011

What are some companies that pay weekly, anyone know of any? ...

Anyone Know Of Companies That Pay Weekly?
Jul 26, 2011

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so please redirect me if not.  Thanks in advance. ...

Weekly Hours
Dec 30, 2011

Hey, got a whole 8 hours this week...Aren't I the lucky one?  8 out of 40?  Give me a break already...where's the work? Can't blame it on the holidays this time. This is getting old, and I'm going for disability ! ...

Any Companies Still Pay Weekly? NM
Jan 07, 2012

. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Audited Weekly??
Jun 13, 2012

Was audited the week before memorial day for 4 days mind you, and made 98.8 and left alone for a few days and bam started all over again and was told my group was being audited weekly.  Been here since 1996.  I can hardly think straight anymore and feel like I am all thumbs on the keyboard.  I am ready to call it quits and seriously go to my unemployment agency and see if they can help find something decent.  I feel like I am going nowhere fast. ...