A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just have to say that I feel sorry for those MTs - sm

Posted: Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they are crooks too...been there done that. If you are an employee you MAY be able to get unemployment but even that is not a guarantee but unemployment is still only a fraction of your pay but if you are an IC you will get screwed. So if you do not have a backup plan or money saved you could really hurt yourself. I am sure management of a lot of these companies watch these boards so I would be careful about listening to this person who thinks this will help us because I do not agree. I am NOT management as she or he will try to say I am. Just someone who has been listening and reading this GARBAGE that WMJ has been spewing out with NO real facts to back themself up as how this will truly help us. India is going to get more work this day I am sure so is this really what we want?

No worries there. After the post by that person - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
confusing outsourcing and offshoring, I know they have no clue what they are saying/doing. I do not plan to strike, but I was going to. I declined due to reasons posted here and am very thankful for the poster who posted.

I just.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well said! Thank you. For those of you that intend to sick out - do not come back here whining after you lose your job.

will not have - a job

[ In Reply To ..]
Those of you who think you will lose your job if you strike, you've already lost your job. It was stolen by way of our cpl rate years ago. And we let the companies get away with it.

There are not unlimited numbers of people who can do this job, in India or U.S. Companies can hire lots of people who will do it badly or hire people who don't know their gluteus maximus from their olecranon and so cannot even edit a report.

It was unfortunate about that person who got on here and didn't know offshoring from outsourcing and that people actually responded to the post. Someone else got on here and asked how we find "agents" to work for.

I have always lived in an at-will employment state, and so have all of you probably. Not a new concept, and it's not just this industry.

They won't be able to fill positions that quickly, and folks, if they try, demand a higher cpl.

Change your mind back to your original intent, and do call in sick, stop working because your computer crashed. I lost my internet connection. I have had a series of ridiculous events happen recently which interfered with my ability to work, all of which were legit.

Change your mind back to your original intent, and do call in sick, stop working because your computer crashed. I lost my internet connection. I have had a series of ridiculous events happen recently which interfered with my ability to work, all of which were legit.

Some of us don't make minimum wage. That isn't anyway to live with our knowledge and experience.

who says they are not already filling the jobs or - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
preparing India for this day. Again without actual FACTS to support this " strike" and our real reasoning to do this why should we jeopardize our jobs to support it. Who is going to pay our bills when...not if...we lose our jobs supporting this? They have more than enough manpower in India....and the Philippines btw...to continue business as usual.

I thought of that, too, with all th gripes about hiring - when the already working see NJA all day.

[ In Reply To ..]
but that is just common sense talking...

they already overhire - anonymous coward

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it wouldn't matter if we stopped working. But maybe it would feel better to make a statement and stand up for ourselves.

Someone is getting rich, all right. It may be a minority of MTs, and it's definitely corporate. It's not me.

Everyone sings the same old song for their opinion, their perception, and that's okay.

Bad enough they steal our paycheck, now our voice, what could be our power, now other MTs slam other MTs for their ideas.

Telling someone to find a new job or career is trite. I won't even go into the reason why.

There is someone on another board who is working 12 hour days and adjusting her timesheet so it looks like she worked 40 hours a week. That's not right.

Slam away.

The strike isn't just about MT. It's about ALL U.S. - corporate greed & exploiting workers. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
It's also about more than just employment. It's also about huge wealthy corporations that pay little or no income tax, while people like us are taxed up the whazoo, and more and more every year.

It's also about banks, insurance companies, and HMOs ripping off their clients.

Although not showing up for work (no matter whether you're an MT, a garbage man, or a HR manager, is the best thing you can do, there are still OTHER WAYS TO PARTICIPATE in the strike and still work that day, if you are one of the people that's afraid for your job.

If you work on-site, try biking or carpooling to work to reduce the amount of gasoline you use. Or, if you must drive to get there, choose May 1st not to buy gasoline, go grocery shopping, or any other kind of shopping.

Every little bit counts. And it's NOT just about MT. It's about putting an end to the special treatment this country gives big corporations and the wealthy 1% who run them.
Thank you. You spelled it out beautifully - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
that's all. I appreciate your visionary succinctness.
so...where's your job? - you gonna down with us? or NOT
[ In Reply To ..]
???????????

sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"Some of us don't make minimum wage. That isn't anyway to live with our knowledge and experience."

Then you REALLY need to get another job. They are out there.

Exactly - imo

[ In Reply To ..]
There's no real need to encourage someone to not work. It comes down to a basic, "Don't accept a job where you feel you are underpaid." NO ONE held a gun to any MT's head and said you will work for this much period.

But as we recently saw on here, Smeeps I think it was, is willing to take 3 cpl. AS LONG AS SOMEONE IS WILLING TO TAKE IT, you are NOT going to accomplish a dang thing by not working for one day. Because there will be someone who thinks your cruddy pay is acceptable.

Remember a lot of us get paid fairly and make a nice living, some of us even work for the "big guys" so you can't even paint them with the broad brush you are trying to use.

Personal responsibility. What happened to it?

so, how you going to pay union dues? - just a thought inside sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and I quote

"I lost my internet connection. I have had a series of ridiculous events happen recently which interfered with my ability to work, all of which were legit."

Why, sounds like you've been in strike several times already. And were you missed, or did the others suck up your pay and cover the account?

by all means...do what you have to.

I must be hitting a nerve... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
Why even bother responding to what I say, if it's truly "garbage?" I mean, it's just a message board - people are intelligent and can decide for themselves - why assail me, except for the fact that what I say is actually the reality we are living in? It's a global economy with global corporations - the only way for ANYBODY to protect their wages and working conditions anywhere on the planet - are global unions with the power to bring work around the globe to a halt. Yep, that's the dire situation that we're in. I appreciate your passion - it shows me that somebody out there recognizes the truth of what I say - even if it is being referred to as "garbage" :)

Back in the 1970's and early 80's I made more..sm - RN/MT

[ In Reply To ..]
money working as an MT than as an RN (5.25 an hour). The nurses at our hospital started organizing and meetings were held. Hospital management and other naysayers said the patients would suffer, our jobs would suffer, professionals did not strike, etc. They slowly persevered and eventually were recognized for their importance in the form of dramatic wage increases over the past 20 years. What a turnaround. I should have stuck with nursing. I could be making $40-50 an hour instead of a little over minimum wage.

I do think a sick out is a good idea but where do you go from there? Unless you have organization and people who are dedicated to getting our elected officials, hospitals, and the media educated and involved, it won't do much good. I wish you luck. Stay anonomous.

Thank you for sharing your story - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
it's inspirational...and depressing at the same time.

no...most of us just realized what YOU had to say was garbage so we - moved on...nm

[ In Reply To ..]

why respond? - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I know why I respond, still don't understand why you bother responding at all - unless there is some emotional investment in the idea of unions - like deep down inside, you know it's not garbage, you just don't want to admit it? Very strange...
I already said why...been there done that...try READING... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Madeline Albright said... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
"There's a special place in hell for women who don't help each other." - Madeleine Albright

There is especially no need to be nasty.
And that place in hell is MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION. - The cowards have gotten what they deserve. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thank you, a little wit goes a long way! - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
that's all :)
The negative responses mean they're cowards. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
eww...MORE NAME CALLING, Brava! ! - love true colors. straight from the mouths of bab
[ In Reply To ..]
Here's a tip, when you resort to that as your only come-back in a debate - that's an indication it's over, and now rediculous.
There's a big difference between "name-calling" - and a detailed DESCRIPTION.
[ In Reply To ..]
FYI

getting ON a nerve yes, hitting one, no - blah blah blah

[ In Reply To ..]
If you invested the time you do here making money you'd be a happy camper. Instead you seem to enjoy being an unhappy camper and trying to amass other unhappy campers thinking you can make a happy campground. LOL! Good luck with all that.

I posted to save MTs from your continued barage of NONSENSE... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and to keep them from losing everything by not having a job. Are YOU going to pay their bills? For those of you already not doing well where you are at, keep looking until you find what you WANT and NEED. It is out there!

You tell 'em, WMJ! From the replies I've read, I - now believe most MTs are cowards. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

eww, name-calling now. profound thinking. nice 'attack' - very applause applause IMHO

[ In Reply To ..]
can we stop this now?
Excuse me, but YOU are the one doing the - ATTACKING.
[ In Reply To ..]
CC
umm - cowards ring a bell?? - NM NM
[ In Reply To ..]

I grew weary of WMJ posts DAYS ago - Not drinking that Kool Aid

[ In Reply To ..]
Wish the mods would just set up a separate "unionization" board if that poster is going to continue to monopolize every single day with her rants. As I posted earlier, I can't wait for May 1st to come and go so these posts HOPEFULLY disappear or at least are relegated to their own board so those of use who don't care to drink the Kool-Aid don't have to keep weeding through them. Not that I begrudge his/her right to post, just tired of having seemingly every day such a proliferation of the same info ad nauseam.

After May 1 they'll have another day to strike or call in sick - or what have you

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a strike day or sick out day not that long ago, wasn't there? I didn't pay that much attention because I had no intentions of participating because I actually like my job and make good money...when I'm working and not messing around on here, that is. LOL.

After May 1, then it will be July 15 or September 27 or some such. But the good news is that after December 21, it's all over anyway, so it won't matter. ;)

Amazingly - misinformed

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad the status quo is working for you. What is good money for you, and please tell us how many days a week you work, how many hours, if you get OT, if you have to adjust your timesheet so it looks like you worked only 40 hours and "some such." (I believe you use that phrase a lot.)

If people don't participate in May 1 for whatever reason, yeah, let's pick another date or another action.
Not that any of your questions are your business - but
[ In Reply To ..]
Rather than saying "nunya" I will answer.

My tax return for 2011 said $45k and change and no, I won't post it for you naysayers. That's working one full time MT job approx. 35 hours a week and one part time non MT job about 2 days/10 to 15 hours a week which I do for the love of that particular job and the group of people that I work with. I do work on Saturday mornings but have Saturday afternoons and all of Sunday off.

It works for me. No OT, no adjusting time sheets (no time sheets).

So what's the significance of May 1? Why the sarcasm (?) towards my just thinking that those who participate in May 1 will pick another day when nothing comes of a sick day on May 1. Seems to me that's what they did the last time this particular tactic didn't work.

What can I say? Rome was not built in a day. - You gotta start somewhere. nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Well, that last sentence gave me confidence in your - opinion, NOT. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
it was a tension breaker, even I can see that and appreciate the joke. - process the wink.
[ In Reply To ..]
shaking head...

she's been on this porcelain throne for months - yep, gonna get out of this profession, she was.

[ In Reply To ..]
longest BM in history.

but you enjoy reading them, all the same - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
glad I could brighten your day :)

WHY THE DISGUSTING PERSONAL ATTACK ? ? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
your opinion, and ya know what they say about those - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Not just India but a US - alana

[ In Reply To ..]
company that sends health care workers, transcriptionists, etc. to fill in during strikes. They pay very well, plus travel, hotel and meals.

I have already been getting ready and will fire anyone who calls in sick that day. I have also talk - Smart MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
I treat my ICs well but a few will buy into this garbage. I reached out to a few other MTSOs who have been planning the same thing. Might want to think twice. We all have backup if we need it and the few dozen of you who drink the Koolaid will have to find something else to complain about because you won't have jobs to complain about!

You think we don't talk? Keep thinking that.

There are thousands of excellent MT's out there who would never consider this. They make a good living but hate posting here because they are tired of being bashed, called liars, accused of being suits and worse.

The few of you doing this are a disgrace; it's no wonder you can't make a living when you spend your time wallowing in misery. Self-imposed misery.

Because you treat your ICs well you should... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
have nothing to worry about. That said, your disparaging remarks and threats do nothing to help the people who are employed by MTSOs, think big operations, that pay and treat their employees unfairly. There is nothing disgraceful about protesting. Nurses did it back in the 80s and are no longer paid on the level of a hamburger flipper at McDonalds. Scare tactics are nothing new.

And the nursing staff has been cut by more than half - since then, as well.

[ In Reply To ..]
So really, how well did that work for them?
Is there - a simple
[ In Reply To ..]
correlation between nursing unions and nursing staff being cut by more than half, that I have missed? Pretty sure it is much more complicated than that. Well, not anymore complicated than who makes the profit and whose being screwed, and in healthcare it's the worker and the consumer.
Budgets and payroll and hospital administrators - cutting said budgets and payroll
[ In Reply To ..]
The unions demand and get higher wages (I'm not saying in any way shape or form they are not deserved) and other "concessions" from management in terms of benefits, extras, perks, etc. Payroll costs go up. The hospital administator has X amount of dollars and so he must cut Y amount to meet that budget. Guess where he's going to cut? You got it. Payroll.

Auto workers had the same experience. They held the auto industry hostage for years and what happened? The auto industry left town.

On the subject - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it fair to conclude that many individuals see the medical field as a lucrative way to make big profit, as just about everyone is a consumer/participant at some time in his/her life? I mean, not everyone buys a car, but just about everyone visits a doctor or hospital at some time or another.. Along the same lines, just about everyone shops at a grocery store, yet there are often a few choices in every town. In our town, there is one medical system with many satellite locations, but one HR department.
Absolutely false. There are more jobs for nurses - than ever before. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
That's - kind of misleading.
[ In Reply To ..]
There are many vacancies for experienced nurses, but new grads are having an extremely difficult time getting jobs. There are many, many nurses who choose to work in other fields. Along with those higher salaries came crazy and unsafe patient ratios, stress off the charts, no support from admin., etc. Hospitals don't want to invest in training a new grad because the rate of retention in nursing is so low.

I told you so! - OP...nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Likely you told us so posing as an MTSO - not stupid

[ In Reply To ..]
How convenient is it that you get to post a warning, then be the MTSO, then post how right you were! LOL!

Yeah, right I buy that this was an MTSO-- NOT
I believe I said I am NOT management or an - MTSO..sm...OP
[ In Reply To ..]
But if that is what you want to believe, who cares. I work as a QA. I wish because if I was an MTSO I would fire whoever did this also and I would have a much bigger house and nicer car. Once again just because we say what you don't want to hear labeled a suit, management or MTSO. Whatever!
And why would I pose as an MTSO..what would that solve? - sm...OP
[ In Reply To ..]
If I was going to do that, I would have said I was an MTSO in my original post. Why would I hide it? Are you paranoid? I think so...all I can say is WOW.
She's done. She's down to making things up. - lol. Bold move choosing that name to go with it.
[ In Reply To ..]

How brown is YOUR nose? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
probably no more than yours. how is it up there? - and just so its clear - A JOKE
[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you for being a smart MTSO - Unions Are Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
This is my first post this week and I just wanted to say thank you for telling us your side of things. I said exactly the same thing as you last week and was called a suit. I was a business owner in my life before MT'ing and can see the whole picture - not the picture according to WMJ. The ones who will strike may not lose their job that day. There is a word for it. That word is

Attrition.

Attrition is what has been happening to the MT industry's service section for a number of reasons (VR, India, Epic, reduction of rates able to bill out).

Attrition is what those who strike will find it happens to them afterwards. Whether or not they are fired outright or whether work suddenly is no longer available, they will better understand the word attrition.

I have not followed this conversation because for me, it is a moot topic now. I think it is fueled by a singular individual in need of attention. I do, though, fully support the OP of this thread for starting it. I sincerely hope anyone considering striking on that day does not cause job loss of someone who actually does come down sick and cannot work that day.

LOL!! "Smart" and "MTSO" in the same sentence - is an OXYMORON.

[ In Reply To ..]
You greedy slavedrivers are all IDIOTS.

Actually, you do know that having any sort of schedule for your ICs ... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
...is against IRS rules for independent contractors. But I know you probably don't care because you can get away with it.

you are perpetuating a falsehood - Unions Are Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
The element of control is to be considered when determining employee versus IC relationship, but requiring a set schedule is not THE factor that determines that a person is an employee.

Please educate yourself about IRS regulations with facts.

geez louise - get your facts straight

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish half of you had a half a clue what you're talking about. It is not illegal to ask a contractor to fill available hours. Stop spreading misinformation and educate yourself.

Amen to that! - Are you kidding me?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to applaud the OP, and I'm sorry because I know everyone is going to freak. I just don't care anymore. Most of the comments you see on this board are negative, and I'm assuming there are so many negative people because everyone is sitting around griping about it and not working. Hmmmmm......that's a thought. Actually working!

I just got outsourced recently. I am making about half of what I used to. My insurance is high. I can't afford groceries for this large family I support and a lot of times I fear Capitol One is going to pull into my driveway and repossess my car.

But you know what? I have a job. I have a skill. Everyday is what I make it, and some I don't make too good, but most I just about die trying. AND, if I do die trying, I'm definitely going with a smile on my face and a laugh on my lips.

If some of you ladies would get off of this board and actually type, or edit, you might find you make at least a little more than minimum wage. Heck, you might even improve your skills enough to where you could make a lot more than minimum wage.

Be thankful your fingers move (even if barely), and that you even have fingers. Be thankful you have a computer to do a job on.... so many don't have electricity or even homes to house a computer.

Good Lord....... get to work and stop whining!

My solution to the low wages... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
My solution for myself is to not take a job for less than 8 cpl/4cpl, preferably more than that but no less. I realize 8 cpl/4cpl is not GOOD pay, but it is acceptable.

So, when you see these jobs for 7 cpl or 3.5 cpl editing, etc., it's simple, don't take them. I might see if you are newbie fresh out of school taking a job for 7 cpl to gain experience but otherwise no. Just don't do it.

Not acceptable compensation for an IC though. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

You are so right...I forgot to put that in. - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree. The pay of 8 and 4 cpl for IC is not acceptable. I would not take that pay.

I don't work as an IC so I haven't figured the taxes and all that it takes, but I do know that you have to pay double the taxes because an employer pays half of an employee's sooo...I'm not sure, but maybe 9 and 4.5 at least for IC. Would an extra cent cover the self-employment taxes? My hubbie worked IC before in other fields, and the SE taxes are killer. So there should be additional pay to cover that.

still - not acceptable

[ In Reply To ..]
cpl rates. But since everyone is accepting the low rates, nothing will change. Editing rates should not be half of transcribing, and 8 cpl is a low transcription rate. Did we lose half our brains and intelligence, did our speed really increase by 50%? Why the original cut in pay? Because corporate wanted the money in their pockets, not ours.

You are right...8 and 4 is still low pay - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems 8 and 4 is the norm now, but it isn't "good" pay. Over 10 cpl would be good pay, but I can't find that anywhere. It's like an extinct creature.

Real Pay - MTLady

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay. Here is reality. If you type 180 LPH for a 40-hour work week, that comes out to 7200 lines. At 8 CPL that is $576 before taxes and insurance (if you are lucky enough to have some to pay for) deductions. That comes to $29,952 a year gross, which will qualify you for public assistance if you have children. The pay scale is too low. None of us who do this for a career work 40-hour weeks. HOWEVER, with that said...I stay with it for many reasons- work from home, no commute, work clothing, daycare expenses, etc. It is like anything else in life- pros and cons to both sides. Job security is pretty high too; given so much turnover at the MTSOs, you can always find a job if you get lost to a merger or lose good work, etc. I realize we are not respected as the professionals we are, and definitely not paid for experience level. At some point you need to start your own business with it to make the money you deserve. For me, this works for now. GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY HARD-WORKING COLLEAGUES! : )

You care nothing about all these other MTs. You - only care about yourself. -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What scares you and others like you about MTs who are willing to participate in a NATIONWIDE strike, for just ONE day, in ALL walks of life, not just MT, is that somehow, in some way, it will affect YOU and your precious little job/life.

You worry that somehow, if enough people participate in opposing what this country is turning into, that MTSOs will all begin mass firings and then hire 100% offshore employees.

Well, I've got news for you. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING! And it's one of the things that's wrong with MT, and ALL American big business corporations, that we want to draw attention to, so that it can be changed.

Will it happen overnight? Of course not. And the changes for the worse that we saw in MT didn't happen overnight, either. But letting these companies and our country know that we're tired of "business as usual" is the first step of many that can turn us in the right direction.

The naysayers and pooh-poohers are exactly the types one can never depend upon in an emergency. They are the ones who will never make a move to help anyone if it means there might be some risk to themselves in doing so. They are the ones who would stand there and watch a companion drown, because they wouldn't want to take the risk of trying to save them.

Re Caring MTs. See message - Think about what you are saying.

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right. I am a nay-sayer. You are not my "companion." There is no "emergency." No, I do not want to risk my precious little job or life.

I do believe there should be an overall national spending strike, but risk my job, for you? I do not know you. For all I know, your problems are of your own doing. Perhaps you should not even be in this business. Yes, I am in this job for myself, not you or any other MT.

I think MT is evolving, not dead. Many are being weeded out. Asking MTs to strike and risk their jobs is not going to help you.

Similar Messages:

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...

How Are You All Going To Feel
Dec 03, 2013

when fast food workers are making $10/hour? ...

Sometimes I Feel Like...........
Dec 11, 2013

one of those bears on a track in the carnival shooting games.  Shoot-ding-turn, shoot-ding-turn......... ...

How I Feel...
Apr 22, 2014

Today I could so easily throw my computer and reference books in a pile in the middle of my office, light a match, and walk away. ...

Anyone Else Feel This Way.....
Aug 29, 2014

I started my job at the high school cafeteria and believe it or not, love it.  Min wage never felt so good.  I'm still doing MT at night, but have been having a *forget this* attitude.  Plus, with the work load at my MTSO being so friggin' slow, it just depletes my motivation.  If we really didn't need the money, I would up and quit.  {{sigh}} ...

What Must That Feel Like?
Nov 21, 2014

I'm going to preface this by asking that there be NO judgment ... no snarky "get out of the field then" or "don't let the door hitcha in the arse" comments.  I'm just having one of "those" days where I feel absolutely horrible about the work that I do.  Tomorrow, I will be fine again and we all have these days from time to time.  I'm getting ALL crappy reports today.  I can't seem to understand ANY of the dictation I've gotten, I've barely ...

Aah, I Feel For It Again
Feb 24, 2015

The old bait and switch .  Ask you to work OT and then give you the worst of the worst.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  I sure could use the extra money but don't want to go through the "crap" to earn it. ...

I Feel REALLY Dumb Asking This But
Nov 15, 2009

I have a doc describing a cough and I can not come up with the correct spelling on the end of the word.  It is a rattley cough, as in rattle-like sounding cough.  It is not rattling, but rattle-e.  Some days, the brain is just not functioning.  Duh!  Sorry. ...

Why Do I Feel More And More Incompetent?
Nov 24, 2009

I have 20+ years' experience as an MT, 8 more years as a nurse before that, consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, yet I feel like I'm struggling more and more just to do this job.  I had the most horrific dictators today with the worst ASR, one after the other.  It felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders as I slumped in my chair trying to get the jobs done.  I just could not understand those Indian doctors.  Stutterers.  Clanging backgr ...

I Feel Sicker
Jan 18, 2010

before I went into my PCP's office today.  The NP who saw me walked in with her laptop and proceeded to enter everything in using drop-down menus and shortcut phrases, saying how GREAT it is to not have to dictate any more.  She said the program wasn't perfect and didn't have every drop down thing she needed, but she could type in phrases herself whenever needed.  Said the docs are all on board and loving it:(:(:(  I guess this is what' ...

I Feel Like I Cannot Do Anything Correct
Jul 03, 2010

After 25 years all the sudden I feel like I cannot do anything right. MQ must be trying to get rid of experienced MTs. ...

How Some Docs Feel About EMR.........
Apr 03, 2010

Had an appt with my doctor; she was slowly typing as we talked.  I asked her how she liked typing her own records.  She said she hates it but has no choice as it is required now.  Apparently some companies are telling the hospitals that EMR is required by law.  That isn't exactly true, and the companies (such as MQ) do a lot of fibbing and twisting of the truth.  While it will be required that medical records be electronic....HOW they get there is where they are fib ...

Anyone New Feel Like They Were Just Abandoned?
Jun 17, 2010

Anyone new to MQ that feels like they were just thrown out and then forgotten?  I just started last week and other than the SR and docqscribe training they really don't tell much.  I was never even told how to clock in and out until a week into working and that was because I asked.  I am here because my old job, which I loved, was outsourced to MQ.  I did clinic notes for so long for the same doctor that I feel like I am just starting out and it is scary.   Any ...

MD-IT - This Is How I Feel Today
Aug 05, 2010

Hi!  This is how I feel today.  Sometimes my account (not MD-IT) has so much work we are chasing our tail.  However, this week has been really slow so I am looking for a new full-time home and I'll stay with the old place part-time.  To that end,  any word on MD-IT?  I just would like to sit down at X o'clock and put in 7-8 hours and be done.  I really hate babysitting the computer for a dang job???!!!   In here three hours already and only have 200 lines  Thanks for hear ...

Does Anybody Else Feel This Way? Rant
Sep 27, 2010

I used to love transcription. I felt competent and like I was doing a service to patients by making their medical records into an understandible format. When I was working oftentimes I would be "in the zone" and time would pass by quickly. I felt proficient. After working for MedQuist for 6-odd years, I'm sick of them, sick of transcription in general. I dread going to work every day and yes  I am looking for another job but being over 50 and having done nothing but work at home in tr ...

Feel Like I Have Looked EVERYWHERE
Oct 19, 2010

Where to look now?  I feel like I have looked everywhere possible.  I applied to a place in Minnesota.  They had told me, "After we review all of your tests (which I passed) and your application, along with your online interview, you will be contacted."  I have not yet been contacted, and that was on 9/22.  I have emailed them and everything, and they have not responded.  I was thinking about calling them, but should I even bother? Also, I had advice from my mother ...

Ever Feel Like They Just Want You To Fail?
Nov 19, 2010

It just seems like we cannot win with this company. Between the 5% QA, bottom of the barrel dictators, and unrealistic expectations I just want to pull my hair out. ...

DSG - How You All Feel About The Company?
Feb 25, 2011

Any DSG'ers out there? Just curious how you all feel about the company. I know that the whole MT field is going down the tubes, but if you work there, are you about as happy as one could be in this field these days? Do you ever wonder if the grass is greener somewhere else? ...

Feel Like I Should Know This--neurosurgery
Oct 14, 2011

Left s/l *CARE-dee-oh-nal* craniotomy for an anterior skull base approach for microsurgical resection of a complex 2-cm suprasellar mass. Thanks in advance. ...

I Feel Cheated
Dec 10, 2011

I'm on a huge account with a huge company (the one that is taking over the planet right now).  Most of the time I get editing and I have to really scramble to make enough, because of course they pay less than half what I used to get for straight transcription.   But this morning I got lucky and pulled up a discharge that was straight transcription that was 21 minutes long.  I finished the whole thing and tried to upload it.  EditScript gave me a message that it was not ...

I Feel So Blessed.
May 09, 2012

I have been having a really rough time lately, and I actually was in tears today because of the stress I have been under and I just really couldn't hold it in anymore.  I am an MT and have  been for the last 7 years and like the 99% of the MTs out there, I have been so tired of all the stuff we all have to put up with with declining wages and declining quality of dictators, so I decided to start coding school with Andrews.  I'm almost finished! Only a few more months of ...

Feel So Discouraged-sm
May 15, 2012

I just started with a new company. I've only been working a few weeks.  I feel lost.  No training to speak of on their software.  They often do not answer e-mails and on top of that they send e-mails every week threatening that if you do not do more, do it better, faster, etc. you will be out of a job.  Wow.....nice!  I am working hard and I do adhere to my committed hours and turn in quality work.  I don't know what else I can do.  I don't under ...