A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The lines are up for approval so - check to see if

Posted: Mar 11, 2015

you've won the weekly Nuance lottery or if your weekly pay has been penalized into oblivion! THAT's the exciting new change they've been talking about! 

I had 100% on audit scores but they're not using THAT one - Hapless

[ In Reply To ..]
How can they get away with this using my quality score from February 14 through February 20 for the one ending last Friday? They are really getting into the illegal area. I am to tears.

not a surprise - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been about 1,824 emails and messages regarding those changesâ€Â¦done so we have time to dispute audits. There's a schedule of what scores count for which pay period, and it's been out there for awhile. It was scheduled to start with last week's time sheet pay period.

Hey "anon" we know who you are - Fresh face

[ In Reply To ..]
You are one of those crooks just checking up on the drones. I hope you take away some of the real feelings we have. There will be a time when you need employee loyalty and you, for sure, won't have it.

Lack-of-Empathy alert! (or Higher-ups' Checker-Outer alert - So transparent

[ In Reply To ..]
The fact that there were "1,824" e-mails shows Management's inadequacy with regard to getting the correct info to us...I myself don't have time to read them all so I usually scan them quickly and delete them. Why read something that's going to be revised within a few days anyway? I agree with the discouraged poster's comments totally so don't preach...it just makes her/him feel worse.

maybe not a surprise to you, but... - MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
Not all of us were as fortunate as you to have received one of the 1824 emails that you say were sent out. Perhaps those of you who did get it - whether in management or not - "forgot" to share that with those of us whose pay it actually affects. As is the norm for this company, communication is severely lacking and inconsistent.

Happened here too. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I didn't understand how it was all working when they converted over to the longer period of time to contest Fiesa. My TSM checked into it and explained it to me. Still don't like it, but at least I know what happened now.

Ugh, I hate this pay thing, getting dinged - combined with OOW

[ In Reply To ..]
Means a very unlovely pay check. Nuance is a terrible wage-thieving employer.

I wish those higher uppers who, it seems, made it their goal to rip off our pay would try to do our job for just one hour. I wish their mother had our job, I wish their daughter had our job, their son. Anyone to set them straight.

The main thing Nuance does not have is respect for the work we do and respect for us.

When all the pay cuts started happening, I thought to myself, no, they can't be dropping us down that low, why don't they just keep the average salary about $12-15 - still a cut from before, but at least you could pay your bills, hold your head up, feel like this was a profession.

Nope, lesson learned is what they can take they will, and take and take and take, just simply because they can. I wish they couldn't.

Been taking for the 5 years I have monitored MTStars. - Probably longer.

[ In Reply To ..]
Only thing that ever changes are the MTs passing through.

Technically, we are not even being paid based - on production anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
I usually always get 100% QA (just lucky I guess) and less than 10% QC so they can't get me there, BUT, when my production was down to like 83-89 CLPH I got 0.08 and now that it is going up, first 91, then 95, now 97 CLPH, I am still paid 0.08.

The grid is total B$ as far as being paid for production. My paychecks would be a tiny bit bigger if they really compensated for true production. Definitely going to check this one out with the labor board in my state, just does not seem fair.

That's why the monthly meetings have stopped - at least on my account

[ In Reply To ..]
There are too many savy MTs who will question the meeting leaders on the legalities of the compensation plan (and so many other issues). Easier to just avoid the backlash, I guess.

Oops-make that 'savvy' in my previous post... - above

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let them know I'm not perfect though! ;-)

Yes we are paid on production - DJ

[ In Reply To ..]
You say your line average is going up, but it is not up enough to make a rate change. You have to get over 100 CLPH to see a difference. I am averaging 147-150 CLPH, maybe just dumb luck, but I am, and I am also meeting the other criteria and making between 11 and 11.3 cpl. Sure can't complain about that. I am making MUCH more under this new plan.

I am, too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
At first my line count went way down as I was trying to be oh so very careful about anything that QA might strike down, but as I've become more comfortable with how things work now, my line count has come back up. I still feel that the grid makes our work lives more stressed because of feeling the need to keep up with what's happening in FIESA, but overall I'm not displeased with my pay.
Thanks to "I am, too" - DJ
[ In Reply To ..]
Couldn't wait to see all the harpies attack me for saying I was making more, much more. I'm sure it's coming. Glad to hear you are having the same experience. I was told by a "higher up" that those that have really low line counts tend to have poor QA and those that have really high line counts tend to have poor QA, so staying somewhere in the middle is the best bet. I try to be careful, but not so careful that my line count goes in the toilet. I have always been consistent with my line count, QA and pending of blanks, so unless I have a real blooper I can pretty much count on my paycheck to be in a certain range. What newbies on this board need to keep in mind is, there are never more than about 250 people online and of those, maybe 50 are Nuance employees. The other 3,000 of us Nuance employees are busting our butts, checking FIESA --yes --you can learn from FIESA, and just in general trying to do our best. It is for us that this program was designed to reward. And NO -- I am not a Nuance suit.
fiesa a program designed to reward??? yep - you are begging for the harpies
[ In Reply To ..]
you might not be a suit but you're dying to wear one.

production pay is and always has been piecemeal - until the invention of The Grid

[ In Reply To ..]
Ergo, we are NOT being paid for everything we produce, regardless of whether some of you are happy about your pay or not. My pay too had been high on the grid, at its onset, and I was over my head happy about it, but then went into a slump. Now I realize it is not true production pay at all, unless it fits nicely into their stupid grid. When you hit a "slump" you will see.

Please do not preach the highlights of The Grid, we are all aware.
so trying to understand the grid - wheresmymoney
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been offered a job but I don't want anymore BS. so what is this grid thing? like do you get lines taken away? and what is the CPHL or I might have the letters wrong, what is that? all I know is CPL characters per line, not familiar with that one. I do find it funny that the longer I am in this, the more stupid acronyms they think of. so ridiculous.

Wrong - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
younhave to do more than 100 CLPH to go up.

You're paid PER LINE, whether that rate ever changes. But if you can't see that because you don't want to, there's not much hope for you.

If you are exceeding the QA and QC goals, I'd focus my time and energy getting the line count up.

Similar Messages:

? On Weblock Approval Of Lines--sm
May 07, 2014

This question is for anybody who has switched accounts and qualified for the 25 percent incentive for 30 days.  Can you please tell me if this incentive shows up in the Webclock weekly line approval.  I cannot remember if it shows up there but do not want to approve later if it is supposed to be there (I am not seeing it now, but have also not seen the e-mail about approving lines yet).  Thank you. ...

Timecard Approval
Aug 17, 2010

So, what happens if your CCM can't figure out how to do the edits on your timecard because you work graveyard, won't answer your phone calls or emails about the error and you can't approve your timecard? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

Schedule Approval
May 26, 2011

Hi folks, can someone tell me where the approval button is to approve the hours you have worked in the new schedule format?  I have looked for it, but can't find it anywhere.  Thanks. ...

Timesheet Approval
Jul 07, 2014

Has anyone had a situation where your manager refused to approve your timesheet?  If yes, what happened?  My TSR or CCM or whatever they call themselves these days sent me an e-mail.  Apparently she's ticked because my timecard reflected 1.45 hours OT.  My BIG mistake.   ...

Wish Paysheets Would Come Out For Approval Now. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I can hardly sit here to work wondering how much money I'm going to lose from last week. Before: average 10,000 lines of VR/week @0.413 per line = $413 PLUS weekly incentive averaging $100+/week = $513/week which I can live with. Last week - noting how many reports were ripped by FIESA, figuring without QC/QA scores - 10,000 lines, now 5000 lines x 0.07 = 350.00 with no weekly incentive = I NEED A NEW JOB. ...

Re CCM Approval For Holiday Time Off...smg
Nov 19, 2010

I read somewhere eons ago that approval (can't find it now) does not have to be given more than 7 days ahead.  So, for Turkey Day, approval should have been given by yesteray.  Approval for Xmas should be given by 12/18. ...

New TRA/TAA Approval For Medquist/Mmodal
Jun 12, 2012

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/taa/taadecisions/taadecision.cfm?taw=81128 ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

Time Card Approval
Apr 23, 2013

By now haven't we normally been asked via email to go in and approve our time card???  Either I haven't gotten an email, missed it, or they haven't sent one out yet. ...

How Long Does It Take To Receive Approval Of PTO?
May 15, 2013

The request is only a week old, for a week off at the end of June.  I have to make a non-refundable deposiit as soon as possible, as beach houses are going quickly.  Do you think it is permissible to ask TSM to approve it ASAP?  How long does it normally take to get approval? ...

Approval For Time Card
Aug 27, 2014

Normally by now I have gotten my email requesting me to approve my time card but so far have not gotten anything.  Has everybody else got theirs??? ...

Anybody Got Notice That Timecards Are Ready For Approval
Mar 16, 2015

Normally by now I have received my notice but still haven't heard anything ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

MedQuist Awarded Court Approval For Domestic Assets
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-court-approval-as-stalking-horse-bidder-for-domestic-assets-of-spheris-85356647.html   Wow, court okayed and approved for MQ to go ahead and bid on April 13, for Spheris.  Plus MQ is coming out with their own EPIC and it causes 70% less dictation.  EXPECT NO JOBS AVAILABLE COMING SOON.  Also expect getting picked on with your job audits because they want to fire most of us and just keep the BEST OF THE BEST which I h ...

Grammar - This Meets With The Patient And Family’s Acceptance And Approval
Aug 11, 2010

Which is correct: This meets with the patient and family’s acceptance and approval. or This meets with the patient's and family’s acceptance and approval. This is something he says all the time, and it sounds like he says it both ways.     ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

About How Many Lines?
Dec 10, 2010

Can anybody that types radiology tell me how on average about how many lines they do an hour or a day?  I am being switched to by the line and have always been paid by the report.  Thanks.  ...

TT Lines?
Feb 11, 2011

Does anyone else struggle to get 2000 lines a day with TransTech?  I've been at TT for about 4-1/2 years, but I'm having a hard time getting over 2000 lines a day.  If you get more than 2000 a day in your 8 hours, can you share your tips?   ...

VBC Lines
Mar 19, 2011

Seems like with the industry pretty much switching to VBC lines, we should get a higher line rate.  Like that is going to happen.  Thoughts? ...

150 Lines Per Hr Or ASR 350?
Sep 09, 2011

so I get my offer from MedQuist today after they acquired AllType.  In order to qualify for benefits, I have to type 150 lines per hr or do voice recognition editing at 350 per hr.  I don't know if I can do this.  On a good account, no problem.  But ASR on accounts I have been doing are ridiculous, so many random errors, no way you can skim through them.  Any body out there that consistently gets these line counts every week without working more than 39 hrs per week ...

Why Does QA Take Lines Away From You If...
Jan 08, 2012

you send in a report with a blank?  or even if they think you made an error like with comma placement?  They end up taking three lines away if you leave a blank for a doctor's name that you could not understand or verify!  do all places do this, or just some?  I don't think it is ethical, myself.  but just asking.  ...

My First VR Job....how Many Lines?
Mar 29, 2012

The company that hired me as an IC wants to know how many lines I will agree to produce per day.  This will be my first job as doing voice recognition.  I am clueless.  I know how many lines I can transcribe but this is a totally different ballgame, right?  I do not want to over comit.  How would you suggest I handle this question on their forms?  TIA ...

How Do They Keep Up With VR Lines?
May 21, 2012

When I check to see how many lines I've done today there are none for the work I've done with VR.  How can they tell what I'd done? Do they just guess????????? I'd not be surprised at all. ...