A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How long does it take to receive approval of PTO? - justwondering

Posted: May 15, 2013

The request is only a week old, for a week off at the end of June.  I have to make a non-refundable deposiit as soon as possible, as beach houses are going quickly.  Do you think it is permissible to ask TSM to approve it ASAP?  How long does it normally take to get approval?

Depends on your TSM - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM is really on the ball so my PTO is usually approved within a few days. It certainly wouldn't hurt to send her a quick email and explain that you need to put a deposit down and ask her to approve it. It's my understanding that we cannot be denied our PTO as long as we give the appropriate notice.... but I don't know if that policy is across the board or if some TSMs actually deny PTO. I've never been denied PTO even once in 25 years.

PTO - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
With how light work has been I doubt they would have any reason to tell you know. My TSM is also pretty good about approving, but I'd just send an email and tell her what the deal is and if you don't hear no you are going to assume it will be approved. I have never been told no to PTO by my TSM, but they may not all be as accommodating.

PTO - mae

[ In Reply To ..]
It definitely depends on your TSM. I put in 2 months ago for time off and still have not heard anything. I sent an email to my TSM yesterday regarding it and still no word. Kind of hard to plan a vacation when they will not respond. Ridiculous!!!

I have the same problem. Mine likes to wait until the last minute and - its too late then. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Bet they like to get their own PTO requests approved in a timely fashion so they can make plans though.

Similar Messages:

Any Former Diskriter Employees Know How Long It Takes To Receive Sm
Jan 06, 2012

your PTO pay after termination?  I am hoping this is not something I have to "fight" to get, but I have not received it so far and am getting a bit apprehensive. TIA. ...

How Long Would I Have To Be Working There In Order To Receive Unemployment
Mar 29, 2012

If I lost my job, how long would I have to be working there in order to receive UE? Is there a certain time frame, i.e., 6 months, a year? Thanks in advance. ...

Timecard Approval
Aug 17, 2010

So, what happens if your CCM can't figure out how to do the edits on your timecard because you work graveyard, won't answer your phone calls or emails about the error and you can't approve your timecard? ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

Schedule Approval
May 26, 2011

Hi folks, can someone tell me where the approval button is to approve the hours you have worked in the new schedule format?  I have looked for it, but can't find it anywhere.  Thanks. ...

Timesheet Approval
Jul 07, 2014

Has anyone had a situation where your manager refused to approve your timesheet?  If yes, what happened?  My TSR or CCM or whatever they call themselves these days sent me an e-mail.  Apparently she's ticked because my timecard reflected 1.45 hours OT.  My BIG mistake.   ...

Wish Paysheets Would Come Out For Approval Now. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I can hardly sit here to work wondering how much money I'm going to lose from last week. Before: average 10,000 lines of VR/week @0.413 per line = $413 PLUS weekly incentive averaging $100+/week = $513/week which I can live with. Last week - noting how many reports were ripped by FIESA, figuring without QC/QA scores - 10,000 lines, now 5000 lines x 0.07 = 350.00 with no weekly incentive = I NEED A NEW JOB. ...

The Lines Are Up For Approval So
Mar 11, 2015

you've won the weekly Nuance lottery or if your weekly pay has been penalized into oblivion! THAT's the exciting new change they've been talking about!  ...

Re CCM Approval For Holiday Time Off...smg
Nov 19, 2010

I read somewhere eons ago that approval (can't find it now) does not have to be given more than 7 days ahead.  So, for Turkey Day, approval should have been given by yesteray.  Approval for Xmas should be given by 12/18. ...

New TRA/TAA Approval For Medquist/Mmodal
Jun 12, 2012

http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/taa/taadecisions/taadecision.cfm?taw=81128 ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

Time Card Approval
Apr 23, 2013

By now haven't we normally been asked via email to go in and approve our time card???  Either I haven't gotten an email, missed it, or they haven't sent one out yet. ...

? On Weblock Approval Of Lines--sm
May 07, 2014

This question is for anybody who has switched accounts and qualified for the 25 percent incentive for 30 days.  Can you please tell me if this incentive shows up in the Webclock weekly line approval.  I cannot remember if it shows up there but do not want to approve later if it is supposed to be there (I am not seeing it now, but have also not seen the e-mail about approving lines yet).  Thank you. ...

Approval For Time Card
Aug 27, 2014

Normally by now I have gotten my email requesting me to approve my time card but so far have not gotten anything.  Has everybody else got theirs??? ...

Anybody Got Notice That Timecards Are Ready For Approval
Mar 16, 2015

Normally by now I have received my notice but still haven't heard anything ...

MedQuist Awarded Court Approval For Domestic Assets
Feb 28, 2010

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-awarded-court-approval-as-stalking-horse-bidder-for-domestic-assets-of-spheris-85356647.html   Wow, court okayed and approved for MQ to go ahead and bid on April 13, for Spheris.  Plus MQ is coming out with their own EPIC and it causes 70% less dictation.  EXPECT NO JOBS AVAILABLE COMING SOON.  Also expect getting picked on with your job audits because they want to fire most of us and just keep the BEST OF THE BEST which I h ...

Grammar - This Meets With The Patient And Family’s Acceptance And Approval
Aug 11, 2010

Which is correct: This meets with the patient and family’s acceptance and approval. or This meets with the patient's and family’s acceptance and approval. This is something he says all the time, and it sounds like he says it both ways.     ...

Anyone Receive W2 In Mail Yet?
Jan 28, 2010

I left MQ last May after 4 years and haven't received my W2 yet.  Has anyone received it in the "snail" mail?  Do I need to call them? ...

Did Everyone Receive An Email Re The New Pay
Jul 30, 2011

scale for different tiers or just those who had their pay adjusted?  Is this new pay scale posted on MQCentral?  Thanks for any information. ...

Anyone Receive MQ W2 In Mail Yet? Nm
Jan 24, 2012

nm ...

TTD - For Those Who Did Not Receive A Check
Aug 21, 2012

for those who did not receive a check, are you working today? am i a fool to work? ...

If Unemployment Tell You That You Can't Receive
Mar 27, 2013

unemployment because you got fired and makes you feel like a criminal, what am I supposed to do? I live in Ohio, but I did live in Florida and Ohio told me I have to call Florida to finish up my benefits, but Florida told me that they have to investigate my case and that I can't receive unemployment anyway because I got fired.I have no hope now and I will be homeless if they don't help me. I don't know, what do I do? ...

Anyone Receive Their W2 From SoftScript? Sm
Feb 03, 2015

I only worked for them for a short period last year and I was hoping to have the W2 by now. Has only received theirs at all? Thank you for any info. ...

Did Anyone NOT Receive Their MDI/Transcend Packet Yet?
Nov 21, 2009

Saturday and nothing yet. ...

For All MTs Who Did Not Receive Any Sign Of Appreciation
May 21, 2010

I have read this proclamation, signed by President Ronald Reagan many times, but it never loses it meaning and reminds me that once-upon-a-time, all MTs were regarded with the respect and appreciation that this proclamation describes. Happy Medical Transcriptionist Week to all of us, those who received a token of appreciation and those who did not. By the President of the United States of AmericaA Proclamation Record-keeping is a vital function in our society, and one of the most importan ...

Anyone Else Receive A Performance Mentor??
Apr 12, 2012

:) ...

Did Not Receive My Check Yesterday
Sep 08, 2012

Did not receive my check yesterday; thought for sure it would be in today's mail, but no.  Anyone else? ...

BREITNER - DID NOT RECEIVE PAY LAST PAY PERIOD
Aug 26, 2013

For my last pay period I did not recieve my pay (part-time at Breitner).  I contacted payroll person by E-mail and phone, and she told me that for some reason, the pay did not "download" into the PayChex system (they use PayChex).  She said that she would send the check to me (paper check this week).  I should have it by Friday (I am in New York and they are in Massachusetts).    This is the first time this has happened, but am wondering if they will send the check and ...

Any MTs Receive Letter From Coporate Bothering
Jan 09, 2010

TAA (Trade Adjustment Act) -- given the steep drop in pay for some MTs/MMEs, I would think MQ corporate would be glad to notify us that many MTs can apply for consideration, even if not approved.  Thanks to all MTs that provided this information.  MQ should have been the FIRST to inform us, and information should have been just as official as that last nonsense letter from corporate about what a wonderful job we are all doing (they meant lining their pockets while many MTs are receiv ...

ANYONE EVER RECEIVE AN AUDIO ERROR MESSAGE?
Aug 11, 2010

No audio on my last 3 transcriptions -- get an error message, "Error starting playback (the action failed). Curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so, what was the outcome? TIA ...