A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ 1st quarter fin report details disposal plan for US MTs - swoozyQ

Posted: Aug 21, 2010

Exit and "disposal" plan exposed in the report which also states "targeted" employees don't know about it. Do they think we can't read their stuff on the web??? It will occur over the rest of 2010. In other words, we are so low they consider us garbage to be disposed of. Unbelieveable as a lot of us left have worked for this company over a decade. Where's our gold watch, for cryin out loud???

link please? - Angelina

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd love to read this. Can you post your source please?

Yes, please give the link. - I found this interesting though

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-second-quarter-2010-results-with-revenue-up-26-primarily-due-to-spheris-asset-acquisition-in-april-2010-100432104.html

Since CBay became our majority owner in August 2008, we have focused our efforts on stabilizing our existing client base and creating a value proposition for our clients through:

* increasing use of technology applications in both our processes and those of our clients - including, tailoring our proprietary clinical documentation workflow management system for client specific solutions and increased integration of speech recognition technology
* increasing use of offshore transcription and editing work
* delivering unparalleled, high quality services and opportunities to drive down price for our clients

makes me want to throw up - ohheckno

[ In Reply To ..]
is there where our world is going? Holy cow!

Oh crap! Found this interesting too! - Medquist first quarter financials

[ In Reply To ..]
http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/05/medquist-first-quarter-financials.html

This decrease [in cost of revenues] was the result of headcount reductions taken in 2009 to better align our overhead costs with lower revenue levels, lower transcription costs due to increased use of speech recognition technology, and an increase in the processing of our outsourced medical transcription volumes by our international labor partners...

My translation:

* Downward pressure on pricing of medical transcription services continues, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
* Legacy dictation platforms are giving way to new ways of delivering technology (thankfully), and companies like MedQuist will continue to lose the revenue they used to bring in from licensing and maintenance fees on the old-school systems.
* MedQuist has had to reduce their workforce in order to cut costs. It's not clear how many, if any, MTs were affected. (I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has information in that regard.)
* Speech recognition does cut costs and its adoption will continue to grow in the industry.
* Offshore outsourcing is likewise seen as a means of cutting costs and will also continue to increase.

So, thats all we are? "Heads" to be "counted" - and then "reduced"? Pehh!!!

[ In Reply To ..]

Not head count , but more like - redundant functions.

[ In Reply To ..]
Restructuring charges
During the six months ended June 30, 2010, we recorded restructuring charges of $0.9 million primarily related to employee severance. The Company expects that restructuring activities may continue in 2010 as management identifies opportunities for synergies resulting from the acquisition of Spheris including the elimination of redundant functions
The main redundancy I see in the MTSOs is - the glut of imbeciles running them. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Rocky, The Financially-Strapped Raccoon

predictions - enigma

[ In Reply To ..]
They (hospitals who are allowing it)WILL regret that offshoring. MQ will probably survive as a technological and platform provider but not doing transcription.

We will have to find other ways to use our skills.

Forget the gold watch! Wheres my LAWYER? - n/m - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Medquist's "exit And Disposal" Plan
May 30, 2010

I found this on Medquist's latest quarterly financial report. It's pretty self-explanatory, although I think it is probably for the suits, as we MT/MEs don't get any severance pay. But it gets me that they can nonchalantly say that the employees who are about to be "disposed" of aren't even aware of it.     http://www.dailyfinance.com/headlines/medquist-inc/medq/nas?tab=0   2009 Restructuring Plan      During the third and fourth ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

I Don't Know All The Details As
Mar 04, 2010

I do not work for MQ, but why would a client want to outsource to a company who penalizes their transcriptionists for getting a second opinion on a questionable dictation BEFORE it reaches them? Isn't that what they pay the company for, finished quality reports, not having to fill in blanks themselves? What I see is a lot of people protecting their pay by sending blanks to the client that a fresh ear may be able to fill in or, worse yet, a lot of guessing going on. If I were a hos ...

MQ Paycheck Details
Mar 27, 2010

New to direct deposit.  Is there anywhere to go online to check your paystub details? I cannot find anything on MQ Central about it. Thanx ...

RECENT HANDS-ON DETAILS PLEASE
May 23, 2012

Can anyone tell me the line rates for transcription and QA, how long it takes to get your first check and how it comes (DD?), volume of work, general climate and anything pertinent you feel like sharing.  Don't want to make another TTD type mistake.  Thanks for your time and willingness to share!  ...

Any Details On New Compensation Package?
Aug 15, 2012

I left MModal back in June with my supervisor telling me that she was expecting to see raises when the new compensation plan was revealed.  I was one of the many who took a significant pay cut in July 2011 and finally got out.  Just wondering if things are any better at MModal, as was promised. ...

Lymphoma S/l Mic And Translocation. Sm For Details.
Dec 28, 2012

Human immunodeficiency virus associated high-grade B cell lymphoma, unclassifiable with features between diffuse large B cell lymphoma and Burkitt’s lymphoma, mixed s/l Mic and translocation 8;14 positive.  He says the mixed clearly and then stumbles over the mic part.   ...

Independent Contractor Details?
Mar 13, 2015

Can anyone tell me any details on being an independent contractor? Pros/cons? Pay? Thanks for any info! ...

Applying For QC Editor. Can Anyone Share Details Of The
Jun 24, 2013

TIA.  ...

Ever Hear Of Southern Transcription? Any Details Would Be Helpful.
Mar 04, 2014

nm ...

Medscribe Information Systems Out Of Naples, FL? Any Details Would Be Helpful
Mar 06, 2014

Anyone type for MedScribe Information Systems out of Naples, FL?  Any details on company, good pay, good work environment, enough work, etc. would be helpful. Thanks! ...

End Of Quarter...
Sep 20, 2012

Get any nasty e mail about one mistake in the last month. Just wondering. One mistake out of all the reports. Go figure. ...

Quarter
Mar 28, 2013

Can someone tell me when the quarter ends and how the bonus is calculated?  Thanks. ...

When Does This Quarter End? TIA!
Sep 30, 2013

nm ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

So I Already Got A 3-pointer In The New QA Quarter Here.
Apr 07, 2013

No question that it was my fault missing it, in one eye and out the other, though I don't think a minor error in number of rbc's on a UA should be more than 1 point, but whatever. Anyway, I've decided it's like getting a dent on a new car ... hope to get it out of the way quickly so you don't have to keep holding your breath about it.  I hovered at 99.48% for like half of last quarter before that was finally kiboshed, and that drove me even crazier than I already am ...

No Bonus For Me This Quarter
Dec 27, 2013

Survey on how many receive bonus after this quarter.  I was on track with 99.6% accuracy last week on post audits, but in the last 2 days have had 5 reports in post audit that just happened to bring my percentage down to 98.7.  What a coincidence!  Yes, they found 5 reports, but how many did they have to check before they found 5 that would bring it down below 99%. ...

FIESA End Of Quarter
Apr 04, 2014

Can somebody please inform me what is going on with what I'm reading below about the quarter "being extended?"  I have heard absolutely nothing regarding this.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Looking At Payroll/quarter
Apr 04, 2014

...where is all this changing the dates of the quarter coming from? I took the time to logon to Enrich (shocking, I know....had to look up my password) and just downloaded the payroll calendar that is currently on there. At the bottom it clearly states that the dates for 2014 Quarter 1 are Jan 1 to March 31. Am I missing something? I want these dates to still be correct as much as anyone...just wondering where the freakout came from. I'm sure someone will just say I'm naive....fine. ...

Quarter Bonus
Apr 08, 2014

Does anyone know when this quarter bonus will be paid out?  ...

First Quarter Bonus
Apr 30, 2014

When is the first quarter bonus paid? ...

End Of Quarter Incentive
Sep 26, 2014

I really hope I'm not outing myself by sharing this, but apparently my team (I think this goes all the way up to the COM but see my comment below) is offering unlimited PTO from this afternoon until Tuesday.  Basically, for every 8 hours you work over your scheduled shift, you'll get 8 hours of PTO.  It's not a 1:1 ratio, but rather you have to work a minimum of 8 hours to get 8 hours.  If you work 7, you get nothing.  If you work 13 you get 8.  If you wor ...

How To Type One Quarter Centimeter
Jan 19, 2010

Would I type the above 1/4 cm or .025 cm? Thanks! ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Quarterly Bonus 2nd Quarter
Jul 30, 2014

To anyone who is getting the quarterly bonus which is supposedly paid out on 7/31, has it shown up on ADT yet?  ...

The Exact Dates Of This Quarter?
Oct 01, 2014

Don't know why they can't just start at the beginning of a month rather than jack around with payperiods, etc.  Or are we back to beginning with the month?  ...

How Would I Type A Quarter Of A Centimeter In Centimeters? Nm
Dec 22, 2009

s ...

4th Quarter Profits Posted 44% Offshored
Mar 08, 2012

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mmodal-reports-fourth-quarter-results-2012-03-07     ...

Nuances Loses $25.8M Last Quarter--see Link
May 01, 2013

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100690643 ...

DOES NEW QUARTER FOR FIESA START 01/01/2014?
Jan 01, 2014

Can't find this info anywhere ...