A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance sucks - Disgusted

Posted: Jun 25, 2012

Who agrees with me?  Can't wait to get the hell out of there, very soon I hope!  They have their job postings on MTjobs.com because it's a revolving door there, not because of new accounts. 

Nuance Sucks and Sucks - hypertyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree totally. I am just being strung along, promised a new account, NOT!!!!!!

I don't know at this point if I should give my notice and draw UE or if I should just wait around???? Will I ever get another job in the MT business? I have just started to apply at a few companies. I don't think it matters anymore where I work. It is pretty much hit and miss!

It does matter where you work - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nuance sucks - Disgusted - mtfor20years

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree that Nuance sucks and I cant wait to leave. If I stay with them I will be broke, homeless, kids will not be in college. I never had a job that I hated so much. Used to be proud of my work, now it's a joke.

Your post could have been written by me. s/m - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I've already started applying at other companies. I've never hated a job as much as I hate this one. To the above poster: How can you file for UE if you quit? I thought you had to be fired? I wish they'd fire me.

UE-quit - hypertyper

[ In Reply To ..]
You will just have to document everything. I believe there are even things that Nuance is doing that is illegal, like the timesheet issue where they want everything documented and hands on the keyboard only. Just print out those e-mails.

There are some other people on here that have quit and drawn UE I believe. I think if you fight it you can win, but no guarantees.

Maybe some of the people that have quit and gotten UE can share their experiences.

On UE for being underemployed for now but I may just be quiting soon. Hope this helps.
Puke-ance - underemployment
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you can definately draw unemployment for being underemployed. Call your local office. Makes me wonder now if Puke-ance has to pay a high premium to the UE offices.

Hey never fear! Keep looking at your local area, you'll never know what can pop up. I just had a phone screen interview today where this job will pay WHAT I WAS MAKING AT THE HOSPITAL I used to work for for 9 years. Seriously, just be persistent in your searches.

Nuance - Caroline

[ In Reply To ..]
I just left Nuance, started with M*Modal. Love it so far. Hated Nuance and most definitely hated my manager.

Hate Nuance also. Checked M'Modal website..... - me

[ In Reply To ..]
and it looks like the only hours open are noon to 3 a.m. I want a day shift, 6 or 7 a.m. start time. That's part of my problem now, working until 8 p.m.

Day shift - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you asked to get switched to an account like that at Nuance? I got an e-mail with some accounts listed that had M-F daytime accounts. Couldn't hurt to ask, I suppose.

For me the shift isn't even close to the worst part of Nuance. It's the poverty level wages (not that it is different anywhere else).
I asked......was told noon the earliest I could start. - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I also hate the wages. Just don't like this place.

other side of coin - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I was out there looking in just a short while ago and desperately needed a job after having done transcription for well over 10 years and had just quit because I was so upset but then the bills started piling up and I could not find anything anywhere even with all my "experience" I did get on with Nuance and am completely inundated with work. I could work ot an all 3 accounts that I have if I wanted and if I don't want to I don't have to. I try and work a couple extra hours a day just to make a little extra but I am very happy. I now have benefits which I didn't have and I work a day job but there were all kinds of shifts offered to me and not all the same some had varying starting times during the week so you might try going over someone's head and getting some more info because I am very happy with my situation.
I wish I could feel the same way.... s/m - nuancemt
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I have bills that need to be paid, but I get so upset working a 40-hour week busting my butt for $8-9/hour, less than HALF of what I made last year doing straight typing.

Because I lost my job last year and had to take this crappy job doing VR, and because my husband is on disability, we had to file bankruptcy this year. So, we are still in a house in FL that eventually we will be kicked out of. For that reason, we put his disability check in the bank each month. We are trying to live on my paychecks.

I'm just trying to hang on until we do move. Then I'm looking for a job outside the house, anywhere, anything, has to be better than what MT has become.

Nuance sucks - Sick to my stomach

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Webmedx/Nuance for 5 months and it was the worst decision ever. The first month was okay until the Nuance system kicked in. Now I am harassed by my TL on either production or not passing QA which is the first time in my 30 year career where I have had this much trouble!!! This is bull crap company. Between running out of work and then being harassed to slow down or speed up production, work harder to pass the impossible QA with their scoring system of 2 mistakes and you flunk!!! They tell you to reach out to the TL and she has never responded and I only get ignored. I am sick of them telling us to REACH OUT, screw that.

sick to my stomach - mt20years

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel you. I would like to reach out and touch my TL. I hate this company and I know that I am not alone. QA is so fickle and I have been scored at 100% by 2 other companies and I cannot make so called incentive here. Management is spending my incentive on vacation somewhere.

Completely agree with you... - SoFreakinTired

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. I have been doing Radiology transcription for 10+ years, have excellent letters of recommendations, always had great evaluations but this company is just awful and beats you down. They moved me from what I was familiar with to accounts that I have little to no experience with. I told them that and was told that they were trying to "broaden my horizons". I get conflicting information on QA feedback and get no answers back when I ask questions about how/why they graded a report in a certain way. How are you supposed to learn when you are not getting consistent information or a consistent line of work? Another job cannot come along quick enough...
nuance sucks - wendy
[ In Reply To ..]
Shame on you Webmedx for letting all your faithful employees down! If it wasn't for you, you wouldn't have a job.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Opinions Please--Nuance Ins Ded Sucks 2500; But I Need Comp Equ Supplied--sm
Nov 20, 2013

I'm considering going back to MModal, which I hated but their deductible is only $500.   ...

You Know Your Job As An MT Sucks When:
Feb 08, 2014

- You work full-time, often more than 40 hours a week, and you still qualify for food stamps, special rates on your utilities, and partial unemployment because actual dictation you get each day is so sparse. - Although you're one of the "lucky" ones who has some form of insurance, you still don't visit a doctor because you can't come up with the copayments. - It's been years since you actually went inside a retail store and bought a new item.  You can no longer even im ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

WORK SUCKS
Apr 22, 2013

Let all the part-timers work over the weekend because there is a lot of work, so they dont get paid overtime and then on Monday morning the full-timers have no work. The bean counters got it down to a science! ...

ASR Just Sucks And Getting Worse. Not One
Jul 16, 2013

ASR:   This is because of the patient recently had a TSH of 270 metabolic stress he has had assistant cold for the past 3 years. CORRECTED:  The patient is a 6-month-old female who is here today with her mother and brother. The patient has had a persistent cough for the past 2 months.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  I probably got 6 words that was correct in the whole fricken report.  I am counting down the days until I am outta of transcription for good.  Dict ...

This Place Sucks.
Aug 07, 2013

The global MTSOs have ruined everything good about becoming an MT. 1.  Flexible hours (our time, not theirs)- gone 2.  Good pay/livable wage - gone 3.  Unlimited income (lots of work, anytime) - gone 4.  Self esteem - gone Remember the good ol' days?   These metrics and the micro managing are for the birds. Give me a break.   ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

So, My Paycheck Sucks
Apr 03, 2015

NM ...

Ascend Heatlhcare Sucks!
Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several ...

New Teamwork Program Sucks. Why Can't Ever Just
May 18, 2011

just leave bad enough alone?  And I thought we were supposed to be able to make timecard corrections ourselves.  I see no place to do that.  I don't even see a place like before where we would ask the CCM to do it.  So now I have a stamp on there I accidently made and can't remove it.  Thanks again MQ.  ...

My Concentration Sucks...tips?
Jul 12, 2011

I have a great job working at home editing. I love it. I've been in transcription 12 years but lately have the worst concentration ever. I find myself getting distracted by the Internet..Facebook, Google, Yahoo, CNN. You name it I'm there in between reports. I know I'm not giving it 100% at work and wish I could concentrate!! FWIW I can't sleep either. Total insomniac. I'm not very productive because of this distractibility and it concerns me a lot. Does anyone have tips ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

Sound Quality Sucks Again
Jul 01, 2014

Back in the 80s and 90s, we had to put up with fuzzy tapes, but I would have thought that by 2014 this would no longer be an issure.   I'm so tired of struggling to hear voices that sound like they're speaking through a long tube or under water. ...

Depressed, Frustrated, MT Sucks!
Jan 29, 2015

So, remember the days way back when we got paid well, were appreciated and could be happy to be MT? Wow I miss that! I hate MTSOs. They all act like we only have work to worry about, they trash you, but never say any good you do. One trainer or QC person grades your work as 99%-100%, another picks apart every comma, period, etc. calling things "critical errors", that honestly aren't! You ask to advance in your position, but no "you're not ready" (after 15 years and previously being a ...

So It Appears Medquist Sucks Up Spheris?
Apr 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/it-looks-like-we-have-winner-medquist.html ...

For His Intubation, He Was Given Sucks, Fentanyl, And Etomidate. Sm
May 15, 2012

I know sucks is a verbal short-cut for something, but what?   ...

The Audio Quality Of This Call Sucks
Oct 15, 2012

xx ...

Hey SOFTSCRIPT! ZIMBRA EMAIL SUCKS!!
Oct 16, 2012

Takes forever to load!  Slow as _____. Cannot customize toolbar! Toolbar takes up 1/2 the screen!  Bad choice!! ZIMBRA SUCKS! ...

Cerner Platform Is Clunky And It Sucks!
Feb 27, 2014

I always thought Cerner was a high-tech big deal.  After working on their platform, I think it's crap.  You'd think as much money as a huge company like that has and makes, that they could come up with something better. I don't have experience on a ton of platforms, but I do have experience on Bayscribe, ExText and ExEditor.  All of them are way better than Cerner; more tailored toward the transcriptionist.Like in ExEditor, you finish one report and when you se ...

Chronicle Moves To ASR And The Line Rate Sucks...nm
Mar 12, 2010

xx ...

Pretty Sad When Your Kid In College Can Take 5 Minutes And Tell Me Why This Company Sucks
Mar 04, 2012

I tell him a little of what goes on here...and he says if they idiot factored in the cost of doing this, this and this instead of keeping people without work and bitching, the company would make far more money...Not gonna give his tips away, if they want them they can hire him, not that he would work for a company that is run so poorly.. ...

First Time Right Sucks When There Are No Reports To Look Up On "NEW" Accounts
Oct 05, 2010

:( ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...