A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ASR just sucks and getting worse. Not one - word right, not one.

Posted: Jul 16, 2013

ASR:  

ridiculous - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
absolutely ridiculous jiberish you had to edit. I had one report today where the physician said "end of dictation" and can't remember what ASR said, but it was nothing like end of dictation, which you would think it would get right since it is a phrase that is repeated a lot by physicians.

I so wish I could send Shaw a copy of an unedited report and then the edited report. - lessons for Shaw

[ In Reply To ..]
And then I would ask him what sage advice he has to boost production from the garbage we are given. Prodding us with a sharp stick is not going fix the biggest impediment to production. ----- MM's IT. Not only can't they produce proper software, they have been doing a good job of wrecking FFT (ASR).

Why don't you? Wouldn't have to use your work email account, - could send anon from one of many SM

[ In Reply To ..]
generic email providers. Many of you start flooding management inboxes with the crap, or on the conference info-calls seriously ask them for suggestions. Ask if they've ever actually done any transcription, challenge them to try it once.

Yes, go ahead and say "they dont care" and "it wont do any good" but you're at least doing something.

Too many people sit here and whining, yes with valid reason, but none of you are ever willing to do even any small thing to even try to do anything about it.

How many of you have actually even considered a recent post topic of writing letters to any news or media outlets? You don't even have to pay postage on a letter sent by postal mail.

Why not get up off your dead chairs and actually attempt to DO something for once? Many small steps complete a journey to the top of the mountain, instead of waiting to be miracled up there.

I have - sent

[ In Reply To ..]
letters to the media and so have many. I have sent emails to my TSM, Vern, Peter (before Vern), QA, other management and they don't care.
So long as you have people willing to do the job - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
for less, like India, they don't care. Until the public hears that their transcription is in India and the alarming mistake rate and THEY create an uproar to keep the work here, nothing will be done. I try and educate people in general, they are outraged, but like everything else, until it affects them personally most will do nothing. I do ask my doctors where they send their transcription, most are inhouse now, and if they use a company I know outsources, I educate them as well. All about money, and the further we get into obamacare, the worse it is going to get because they, the doctors, need to save money at every turn.
This - has
[ In Reply To ..]
nothing to do with Obamacare.
Oh really? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Docs get paid less under ocare...They are going to save costs wherever they can. Two of mine are retiring early because he can't afford ocare.
people do not really care. There is no uproar about customer service centers in - India so it continues
[ In Reply To ..]
irritated, yes. But an uproar? no. This is something only we care about, sadly.

Sending Shaw a copy - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
or anyone else..Makes the assumption that they care, and they DON'T. The sooner you understand that the better. Maybe it will relieve some of the stress. I'm riding this stupid horse till it dies or I get a better offer outside of this fiekd, but I'm done stressing or caring about the administration or the money they are raking in at our expense. No one is holding me here against my will.

Similar Messages:

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

You Know Your Job As An MT Sucks When:
Feb 08, 2014

- You work full-time, often more than 40 hours a week, and you still qualify for food stamps, special rates on your utilities, and partial unemployment because actual dictation you get each day is so sparse. - Although you're one of the "lucky" ones who has some form of insurance, you still don't visit a doctor because you can't come up with the copayments. - It's been years since you actually went inside a retail store and bought a new item.  You can no longer even im ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Nuance Sucks
Jun 25, 2012

Who agrees with me?  Can't wait to get the hell out of there, very soon I hope!  They have their job postings on MTjobs.com because it's a revolving door there, not because of new accounts.  ...

WORK SUCKS
Apr 22, 2013

Let all the part-timers work over the weekend because there is a lot of work, so they dont get paid overtime and then on Monday morning the full-timers have no work. The bean counters got it down to a science! ...

This Place Sucks.
Aug 07, 2013

The global MTSOs have ruined everything good about becoming an MT. 1.  Flexible hours (our time, not theirs)- gone 2.  Good pay/livable wage - gone 3.  Unlimited income (lots of work, anytime) - gone 4.  Self esteem - gone Remember the good ol' days?   These metrics and the micro managing are for the birds. Give me a break.   ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

So, My Paycheck Sucks
Apr 03, 2015

NM ...

Ascend Heatlhcare Sucks!
Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several ...

New Teamwork Program Sucks. Why Can't Ever Just
May 18, 2011

just leave bad enough alone?  And I thought we were supposed to be able to make timecard corrections ourselves.  I see no place to do that.  I don't even see a place like before where we would ask the CCM to do it.  So now I have a stamp on there I accidently made and can't remove it.  Thanks again MQ.  ...

My Concentration Sucks...tips?
Jul 12, 2011

I have a great job working at home editing. I love it. I've been in transcription 12 years but lately have the worst concentration ever. I find myself getting distracted by the Internet..Facebook, Google, Yahoo, CNN. You name it I'm there in between reports. I know I'm not giving it 100% at work and wish I could concentrate!! FWIW I can't sleep either. Total insomniac. I'm not very productive because of this distractibility and it concerns me a lot. Does anyone have tips ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

Sound Quality Sucks Again
Jul 01, 2014

Back in the 80s and 90s, we had to put up with fuzzy tapes, but I would have thought that by 2014 this would no longer be an issure.   I'm so tired of struggling to hear voices that sound like they're speaking through a long tube or under water. ...

Depressed, Frustrated, MT Sucks!
Jan 29, 2015

So, remember the days way back when we got paid well, were appreciated and could be happy to be MT? Wow I miss that! I hate MTSOs. They all act like we only have work to worry about, they trash you, but never say any good you do. One trainer or QC person grades your work as 99%-100%, another picks apart every comma, period, etc. calling things "critical errors", that honestly aren't! You ask to advance in your position, but no "you're not ready" (after 15 years and previously being a ...

So It Appears Medquist Sucks Up Spheris?
Apr 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/it-looks-like-we-have-winner-medquist.html ...

For His Intubation, He Was Given Sucks, Fentanyl, And Etomidate. Sm
May 15, 2012

I know sucks is a verbal short-cut for something, but what?   ...

The Audio Quality Of This Call Sucks
Oct 15, 2012

xx ...

Hey SOFTSCRIPT! ZIMBRA EMAIL SUCKS!!
Oct 16, 2012

Takes forever to load!  Slow as _____. Cannot customize toolbar! Toolbar takes up 1/2 the screen!  Bad choice!! ZIMBRA SUCKS! ...

Nuance Sucks! I Just Quit. No Notice.
Dec 11, 2012

nm ...

Cerner Platform Is Clunky And It Sucks!
Feb 27, 2014

I always thought Cerner was a high-tech big deal.  After working on their platform, I think it's crap.  You'd think as much money as a huge company like that has and makes, that they could come up with something better. I don't have experience on a ton of platforms, but I do have experience on Bayscribe, ExText and ExEditor.  All of them are way better than Cerner; more tailored toward the transcriptionist.Like in ExEditor, you finish one report and when you se ...

Chronicle Moves To ASR And The Line Rate Sucks...nm
Mar 12, 2010

xx ...

Pretty Sad When Your Kid In College Can Take 5 Minutes And Tell Me Why This Company Sucks
Mar 04, 2012

I tell him a little of what goes on here...and he says if they idiot factored in the cost of doing this, this and this instead of keeping people without work and bitching, the company would make far more money...Not gonna give his tips away, if they want them they can hire him, not that he would work for a company that is run so poorly.. ...

Opinions Please--Nuance Ins Ded Sucks 2500; But I Need Comp Equ Supplied--sm
Nov 20, 2013

I'm considering going back to MModal, which I hated but their deductible is only $500.   ...

Is It Me Or Is ASR Just Getting Worse And Worse? Sm
Jun 26, 2010

I get really good dictators and the stupid machine screws up what is said and I am changing things all the time!  It is very frustrating and I should be getting more pay than I am because of this crap! ...

Which Is Worse?
Jul 27, 2010

Been sitting here a lot of the morning with NJA.  Then I finally get a 500+ second job and by George if it isn't a female resident who sounds like one of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz.  I can't win anymore.  Let's see -- alcohol or drugs. . . . . . ...

Is It Me, Or Is DQS ASR Worse Every Day? (sm)
Sep 20, 2010

I thought this ASR crap was supposed to get better as it "learns" the doctors and their frequently-used phrases... didn't someone say that back in training? I'm talking about DSG in particular, but I know a lot of people use DQS ASR, so please bear with me. So, how come it now can't seem to get a single sentence without major corrections having to be done? I'm about ready to apply at McDonald's if this keeps up... my pay is about 1/3 of what it was when we did straight ...

Can It Really Get Worse?
Feb 14, 2011

I was terminated for reasons I won't go into here--after 9+ years at my last employer.  Thing is--I was looking anyway and informed potential employers that the company just was "no longer a good fit."  What finally tipped the balance was an e-mail we got a few months ago stating that after an MT had sent a certain percentage of reports to editing for comprehension issues, for instance, they would be penalized 0.03 cpl for doing so! Assuming this is legal, IMO, it's immoral ...