A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ascend Heatlhcare sucks! - lizzy49712

Posted: Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several times and was told once that they were "looking into it" and I have still not received payment - nearly 2 months late!  I am sooooo glad I quit working for them.  This was the worse MT experience I have had working for a company so far!

Ascend does suck and does not pay!!!!!!!! - pc

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired by them and trained doing their practice files which we were supposed to get paid to do. This was in July. I have sent an invoice in to them three times and have yet to be paid. They should be reported for this.

They have been - many times nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Ascend ?
Jun 17, 2014

Anyone have any recent experience working for Ascend? Any pros and cons would be appreciated about this company. Thanks! ...

You Know Your Job As An MT Sucks When:
Feb 08, 2014

- You work full-time, often more than 40 hours a week, and you still qualify for food stamps, special rates on your utilities, and partial unemployment because actual dictation you get each day is so sparse. - Although you're one of the "lucky" ones who has some form of insurance, you still don't visit a doctor because you can't come up with the copayments. - It's been years since you actually went inside a retail store and bought a new item.  You can no longer even im ...

Ascend Is A Rip Off Company.
Nov 07, 2009

They owe me for work done in July.  I have sent 4 invoices with no pay as of yet!  Do you know where I should report this? ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of this nature are the poster's personal opinion should not be considered as substantiated by MTStars. Under no circumstances will MTStars be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained from this message. MTStars.com cannot effectively monitor validity of material/i ...

Ascend Transcription Anyone?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone give me some up-to-date information on Ascend.  The archives are saying stay away from this company, but it would be nice to hear from someone recent.  Please feel free to email me or post it here.  Thanks!!!!!!!! ...

Editors At Ascend
Mar 24, 2011

Any comments on working as an editor for Ascend?  I am an editor/AM now and possibly looking to change jobs soon. Thanks! ...

Ascend Limited?
Apr 14, 2011

Searched the boards and cannot find anything about this company out of Virginia.  Any news?  ...

Ascend Healthcare?
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this company??  Their ad doesn't give a whole lot of information.  It doesn't state whether it is IC or employee status, and no mention of benefits.  Would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!  If anyone knows either by personal experience or word of mouth I would greatly appreciate letting me know.  Thanks! ...

Ascend Healthcare, LLC
Jul 24, 2013

Ascend Healthcare, LLC - Does anyone have experience working for them? ...

Any Feedback On Ascend?
Jul 29, 2013

Any feedback on Ascend?  I want the good, bad and the ugly. Thank you. ...

Ascend Phase1 ???
Mar 10, 2014

Has anyone started "testing" for phase 1 yet or been scheduled? ...

Ascend Transcription In Va
Oct 21, 2014

It looks like our hospital may be selling us out to Ascend. Any recent information on them? Anyone work for them or USE to work for them? ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Nuance Sucks
Jun 25, 2012

Who agrees with me?  Can't wait to get the hell out of there, very soon I hope!  They have their job postings on MTjobs.com because it's a revolving door there, not because of new accounts.  ...

WORK SUCKS
Apr 22, 2013

Let all the part-timers work over the weekend because there is a lot of work, so they dont get paid overtime and then on Monday morning the full-timers have no work. The bean counters got it down to a science! ...

ASR Just Sucks And Getting Worse. Not One
Jul 16, 2013

ASR:   This is because of the patient recently had a TSH of 270 metabolic stress he has had assistant cold for the past 3 years. CORRECTED:  The patient is a 6-month-old female who is here today with her mother and brother. The patient has had a persistent cough for the past 2 months.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  I probably got 6 words that was correct in the whole fricken report.  I am counting down the days until I am outta of transcription for good.  Dict ...

This Place Sucks.
Aug 07, 2013

The global MTSOs have ruined everything good about becoming an MT. 1.  Flexible hours (our time, not theirs)- gone 2.  Good pay/livable wage - gone 3.  Unlimited income (lots of work, anytime) - gone 4.  Self esteem - gone Remember the good ol' days?   These metrics and the micro managing are for the birds. Give me a break.   ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

So, My Paycheck Sucks
Apr 03, 2015

NM ...

Ascend Health Care
May 11, 2010

Has anyone worked or works for Ascend Health Care. Our local hospital just entered into a three year contract with them with an anticipated 52 million lines for the life of the contract. I had applied at the hospital but they were not hiring and i guess that was the reason why. ...

Any Info On Ascend Healthcare
Nov 16, 2010

Can anyone give me info on this company? ...

Recent Info On Ascend
Feb 14, 2011

I've read all the info I could find in the archives but don't see much within the last year or so on Ascend.  Can anyone provide me with more recent info re pay, supervisors, flexibility, work volume, etc?  Also any info on ESL % would be great. TIA ...

Any Current Info On Ascend?
Jun 24, 2012

Anyone currently working there? ...

Epilog/Ascend - Anyone Took The Test?
Feb 21, 2014

Was wondering if anyone took the test with Epilog who were recruiting for Ascend Healthcare.  I was told I passed the test, would hear further, and nothing now for almost two weeks.  Anyone out there have recent experience with them.  Thanks.  ...

Ascend - Stay Clear Of Them
Apr 10, 2014

If you want to be paid for any work you do I would not advise working for this company.  I have not been paid for "phase I" of the transcribing we were supposed to do which was supposed to be paid last week, evidently there are others according to the main board.  This company hired for an account that was supposed to be started but evidently has not, they are feeding the MTs 10 reports at a time so you get a total of 30 reports in each phase as they call it for a stipend of 200, however, they ...

New Teamwork Program Sucks. Why Can't Ever Just
May 18, 2011

just leave bad enough alone?  And I thought we were supposed to be able to make timecard corrections ourselves.  I see no place to do that.  I don't even see a place like before where we would ask the CCM to do it.  So now I have a stamp on there I accidently made and can't remove it.  Thanks again MQ.  ...

My Concentration Sucks...tips?
Jul 12, 2011

I have a great job working at home editing. I love it. I've been in transcription 12 years but lately have the worst concentration ever. I find myself getting distracted by the Internet..Facebook, Google, Yahoo, CNN. You name it I'm there in between reports. I know I'm not giving it 100% at work and wish I could concentrate!! FWIW I can't sleep either. Total insomniac. I'm not very productive because of this distractibility and it concerns me a lot. Does anyone have tips ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

Sound Quality Sucks Again
Jul 01, 2014

Back in the 80s and 90s, we had to put up with fuzzy tapes, but I would have thought that by 2014 this would no longer be an issure.   I'm so tired of struggling to hear voices that sound like they're speaking through a long tube or under water. ...