A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Depressed, frustrated, MT sucks! - anon

Posted: Jan 29, 2015

So, remember the days way back when we got paid well, were appreciated and could be happy to be MT? Wow I miss that! I hate MTSOs. They all act like we only have work to worry about, they trash you, but never say any good you do. One trainer or QC person grades your work as 99%-100%, another picks apart every comma, period, etc. calling things "critical errors", that honestly aren't! You ask to advance in your position, but no "you're not ready" (after 15 years and previously being a QC, I think I'm ready) just because your supervisor is a total witch. I don't feel even motivated to get out of bed in the friggin morning, nevermind actually concentrate and care about this job anymore. Then, you go through hours of testing, looking through different companies, either to get an interview where you're making way less than you already do or the hours are horrible and you've wasted all that time. It just all sucks, I'm at the end of my rope with it.

Depressed - fivefingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I feel ya!! I could have written this myself. I am going to try Coding School, just waiting for my tax refund to pay for it. You are not alone in feeling the way you do.

good luck - I hope you have done your - research before going

[ In Reply To ..]
into coding. I know people who went to school for that and can't find work and I hear the computers took over that field even before they got to ruining MT. I could be misinformed, just hate to see someone pay for classes and end up no better off. Again, good luck in whatever you decide - wish I had a clue what else to do!!

sucks - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear ya...after 23 years I sit and wait for someone to respond to the ad they post looking for MTs. The QA/QC issue is running rampant. They are inconsistent and like you said one thinks you are wonderful, the other picks your report apart looking for a comma out of place, the use of a ; or ,. This is not the important part of what we do, we type medical reports, not English lit papers. The docs are looking for correct content, what is wrong with this patient. That is IT! Let's go back to basics and get the work done for a decent salary so we can live.

Similar Messages:

Frustrated And Depressed
Apr 01, 2010

Is there anyone out there that is making the same or more money with MQ since all this has changed. I am an MME and I just cannot seem to make any money.   I try so hard to make ends meet, this is going to be the first time I will not be able to make my car payment.   When I get on a roll the system seems freeze up or I just get horrible dictators the rest of my shift.  I feel alone? If there was someone who can tell me, they are able to stay at same rate, then I can ...

Really Getting Frustrated And Depressed
Oct 08, 2010

I have been a stay at home mom since my son was born. During that time I also became a cancer survivor(ovarian). When my son started kindergarten, I decided to go back to school. Since medical transcription is really the only legitimate work you can do from home, I decided to go that route. I was amazed at the schooling and surprised at how well I did. I thought for sure, being an older student and out of the education loop for a while that I wouldn't do well. But I surprised myself. I real ...

Anybody Get Depressed And Just Log Off?
Oct 19, 2009

I'm so depressed, I could just cry. I am getting report after report of the worst mush-mouth, slurring/blurring CRAPPY dictators. I finally just logged off. Still have 4 hours to go and I just can't face leaving 15 blanks in every report.  Especially now that we have been told by our QC that we are being graded "harshly."  I have tried to leave 3 times and have made less than with the Q and came back.  I would go to Walmart, but a friend of our who works there just told ...

Just Very Depressed
Nov 30, 2009

I know a lot of you are going through this...I totally understand.  I am in radiology and the workload has been so slow.  This has been going on even before the holidays, especially after I got moved to a different CCM.  She only wants to change my schedule which, according to her emails, would be foolish since the times she wants me to move to have no work either.  I would go above her but what good would that do? I have been actively applying to other places...but haven� ...

Has Anyone Gotten Depressed About Sm
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone gotten so depressed about how their transcription jobs are practically gone that they don't even want to sign in.  This morning I said why bother.  I am thinking of quitting because I waste time just sitting for eight hours. I would have to cut back big time but it is getting to depressing to sit here.  ...

Really Depressed
Nov 22, 2011

I just started with a new company and am really depressed about the "corrections" I am getting back from their QA.  I have 35+ years of experience and yet I can't seem to do anything to please them.  I'm told to type verbatim, but when I do, they "correct" that, stating I left "the" off when it was never dictated, etc., and other stupid things similar to that.  I am to the point where I wonder if I will ever please them because it seems that no matter what I do, they are ...

Getting Depressed Over Reports
Jan 03, 2010

I find that lately I am feeling depressed over the reports I've been transcribing.  Maybe it's because it's the holiday season and I can't help but feel badly for these people who are so very sick (I do acute care).  Lots of oncology these days, for some reason.  I wonder how MTs who transcribe for childrens' hospitals or cancer clinics handle it.  It must get to them. ...

Depressed And S/l Sonnering Around
Mar 18, 2011

This is an internal medicine file for a patient who just is mildly depressed.   "Lately she has just had a very labile mood, anxious, depressed, and s/l sonnering around." Any clue?  Please help anyone.  ...

Already Depressed And The Q Just Made My Day. NOT
Jul 11, 2011

I cannot take much more.  Those of you who don't have any compassion or feel the need to ever vent and just unload once in a while may stop reading now. I'm not writing to be bashed, stomped on, mashed, or otherwise abused and used more than the Q already does.  I catch this crap from them every day, I don't need to hear it from fellow MTs. We are all in this same rocking, sinking, Titanic together.  To make a very long story short here's the abbreviated vers ...

Totally Depressed!
Nov 15, 2012

My net pay didn't even hit 20K this year!  And then I see that MM is advertising for more MT's, and I haven't had a full day in over 2 weeks?  What is really going on here?    Okay, done venting now.  Thanks for listening! ...

Depressed With Work MT
Sep 19, 2013

I just started my first job as an mt nearly five months ago. I've struggled with production, quality, and pretty much any other issue you can think of. I've gotten more and more depressed because my confidence at work isn't good. I've been diagnosed with major depression before, so iknow itsnot the only reason. It just feels like it.   I have a lot of trouble concentrating when i have these upsetting bouts of depression. I had one today and only got 500 lines. I was ho ...

Broke, Depressed, And Can't Find A Job
Jun 24, 2010

I guess I'm just venting, but suggestions are welcome. The title says it all in a nutshell, but let me explain. I don't have any money. I am relying on someone else to buy food for me every week. I don't have a job and can't find one. I would give up MT and start applying outside the house, but I can't because I am depressed and have severe social anxiety disorder, so that won't work. If I am getting more depressed by the minute. If I even could get a part-time job, ...

DEPRESSED NO JOB, CANT PASS TESTS
Jul 31, 2010

I am so depressed. I guess I am trying to vent to you guys. I have taken 4 tests for companies and failed all  of them. I didnt even get an answer back from one. I have been doing this for years. I feel like a dummy. I dont think there are any good companies out there that any one of us can trust. I havent found one. I have sent out my resumes to at least 25 companies I got through my school and on the internet. I also was soooooo scammed through Dit transcription. I just dont know what to ...

MT Training - Depressed, Discouraged
Aug 28, 2010

I graduated back in May of this year, from the MT program at a local two-year college. The program was a one-year program, but due to the way the required courses were scheduled, it took two years of attending full-time to finish it. I'm starting to wish I had discovered MTStars before I enrolled in the program; if I had known then what I know now about the MT field, it would have saved me almost $10,000 in tuition for training that feels worthless now! As I read postings by experienced ...

I Am So Depressed With My Company Lately. VENTING Big Time.
Apr 29, 2010

First put us on VR. Hey, good deal! I like VR.  Then then cut our pay in half and make us use a new program.  No big deal. It's supposed to be the best! I can live with it. I should still be making the same if not better. Uh-oh. Problems with the program. Support can't straiightens it out but, hey, I'll live with that! Just gotta learn to get around the quirks.  Oh, wow! No work. Pay going downhill. Hey, new accounts coming on line. Yippee! Maybe I can finall ...

Editing VR In BeyondTxt Has Made Me Severely Depressed.
May 02, 2010

I have never felt more worthless in my life.  I work for about half the pay, it takes longer to do because the drafts are so awful.  You get marked down if you don't use shortcut keys to navigate or whatever and the object is to keep you fingers on the keyboard, but you cannot keep them in the position you need to for transcribing or fixing all the problems.   I find my right hand is always on the control+delete key or end key, and my fingers constantly on the period or ...

You Know Your Job As An MT Sucks When:
Feb 08, 2014

- You work full-time, often more than 40 hours a week, and you still qualify for food stamps, special rates on your utilities, and partial unemployment because actual dictation you get each day is so sparse. - Although you're one of the "lucky" ones who has some form of insurance, you still don't visit a doctor because you can't come up with the copayments. - It's been years since you actually went inside a retail store and bought a new item.  You can no longer even im ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

DQS Spellchecker SUCKS Nm
May 01, 2010

. ...

Am I The Only One Who Thinks DQS 6.1 Sucks?
Sep 04, 2010

On paper, some of the changes sounded good, like the auto numbering.  But in practice it seems like all this new version does is cause DQS to run much more slowing, constantly locking up, auto-saving (and slowing down) too often, amongst other irritating little things.  Why can't their upgrades ever actually be an UPgrade.  I think they need to start calling them DQS downgrades.  And what I hate the most is in the ADT screen where you used to be able to just hit enter, ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Nuance Sucks
Jun 25, 2012

Who agrees with me?  Can't wait to get the hell out of there, very soon I hope!  They have their job postings on MTjobs.com because it's a revolving door there, not because of new accounts.  ...

WORK SUCKS
Apr 22, 2013

Let all the part-timers work over the weekend because there is a lot of work, so they dont get paid overtime and then on Monday morning the full-timers have no work. The bean counters got it down to a science! ...

ASR Just Sucks And Getting Worse. Not One
Jul 16, 2013

ASR:   This is because of the patient recently had a TSH of 270 metabolic stress he has had assistant cold for the past 3 years. CORRECTED:  The patient is a 6-month-old female who is here today with her mother and brother. The patient has had a persistent cough for the past 2 months.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  I probably got 6 words that was correct in the whole fricken report.  I am counting down the days until I am outta of transcription for good.  Dict ...

This Place Sucks.
Aug 07, 2013

The global MTSOs have ruined everything good about becoming an MT. 1.  Flexible hours (our time, not theirs)- gone 2.  Good pay/livable wage - gone 3.  Unlimited income (lots of work, anytime) - gone 4.  Self esteem - gone Remember the good ol' days?   These metrics and the micro managing are for the birds. Give me a break.   ...

Well That Just Plain Sucks
May 23, 2014

The Eye for Quality poll for today...you choose the person who has the best "eye for quality" and they get an ADDITIONAL $100 gift card.  um no thank you they can all kiss my butt.  Why not give the rest of us a shot at a gift card instead of someone else who has been recognized monetarily???????????? i'm not voting and neither should you.  ...

So, My Paycheck Sucks
Apr 03, 2015

NM ...

Ascend Heatlhcare Sucks!
Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several ...

New Teamwork Program Sucks. Why Can't Ever Just
May 18, 2011

just leave bad enough alone?  And I thought we were supposed to be able to make timecard corrections ourselves.  I see no place to do that.  I don't even see a place like before where we would ask the CCM to do it.  So now I have a stamp on there I accidently made and can't remove it.  Thanks again MQ.  ...

My Concentration Sucks...tips?
Jul 12, 2011

I have a great job working at home editing. I love it. I've been in transcription 12 years but lately have the worst concentration ever. I find myself getting distracted by the Internet..Facebook, Google, Yahoo, CNN. You name it I'm there in between reports. I know I'm not giving it 100% at work and wish I could concentrate!! FWIW I can't sleep either. Total insomniac. I'm not very productive because of this distractibility and it concerns me a lot. Does anyone have tips ...