A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fed Up With Nuance - LTMT

Posted: Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent.

. - .

[ In Reply To ..]

Been there too - exnuance

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel you. I worked there for 5-1/2 years and started there when it was still Focus and changed to Nuance. Used to love it there, had a great team lead, until she left and I got a new team lead and she was clueless. That's why I left. She never would correct my QA feedback even though I was right and she agreed that I was right. Her reply was "it was up to QA" even though they were wrong and could not agree on one thing. Never seen one bonus. I left. QA at Nuance is the worst. I type 100% at the Company I am at now and not one complaint ever, it's great. No more stress or inconsitent QA people. I am so glad I left that headache since I see nothing has changed and I left early 2011. Good luck to you.

That's what I thought - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
98% or above is what I always thought was acceptable. I knew QA had to be above 99% to get a bonus but my supervisor is telling me that I need to be above 99%. I'm confused. Then, I tried emailing her back about it but she never responded. She never really responds to any of my emails. So, I guess the only time I hear from her is when I need "disciplinary action."

You're not alone - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
My supervisor never responds to my emails either unless he wants me to work overtime or switch accounts. Everything else I ask him goes unanswered/ignored. I was under the impression that the new minimum standard was 99% and that was not just for the bonus, but I couldn't find any documentation on that either way. I hope it works out for you in the end.
Thank you - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I wasn't sure if the QA standard had changed or not, but one would expect a response back from their supervisor answering that question - :) I only hear from my supervisor also when she wants me to work the weekend!

work - looking

[ In Reply To ..]
Where do you work now?

You are not alone either. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been here only 5 months and already thinking this was a mistake. My team leader never answers my emails either, only to work OT. I've been put back on that non-DSP crap twice. I am not new at this. My mistakes were the account specifics. I'm DSP now for little over a month. I don't understand this QC crap. My FEISA shows 99% to 98% to 100%. But time sheet shows extremely low QC scores. I think this place is too big for its britches and can't wait to get out of here.
Well, for goodness' sakes insist on a proper review. - Supervisor does not answer? Call someone else. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Recent quarterly audit over 99 BUT.... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I got that I started getting told I was not meeting hours/line committments, then FIESA started doing reports and some of those scores were awful. They say not to over-edit on ISR if it doesn't change context, but believe me Fiesa will get you on that one.

What does FIESA stand for - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
I see FIESA stated a lot in these posts..can you tell me what it stands for..thanks

It's this website that holds your reports. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
You're suppose to check it daily and see what the QA marked you off for. It gives you a grade. Well, mine are all 98% or above but on my pay stub it shows QC of crap so WTH? I don't even bother with it. I questioned a few things and never heard a word from team leader so screw it.

Similary story. - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
Told more than once not to over-edit ISR, but as a result, my FIESA audit was under 97%. Sure there were a couple actual errors on my part, but most were due to not over-editing. Guess I can expect yet another call from my supervisor soon.

sorry to be going but..... - MTLady

[ In Reply To ..]
Ah yes, Nuance. I am hot on the trail of a new job now after being with them for 4 years (previously with Focus). I almost had a nervous breakdown trying to stay positive and stick with it after Nuance took over Focus, or merged or whatever they did....My TL is AWESOME and I feel personally disloyal leaving, but she just can't make a difference anymore. QA is crap, all the work is SR/VR and you simply CANNOT, no matter what they say, CANNOT edit a VR file in half the time that you could type it. That might be possible if the doctors spoke clearly and without accents, but Nuance has all the huge medical centers for accounts, which are full of "ESL" dictations and what the machine gives you to 'edit' often needs to be totally retyped, or at the very least reformatted. I am no longer a transcriptionist but a text copier and paster and backspacer...arrrggh. It's not even the same job. I am so excited to be an MT again at my next job. Sigh.

Wow, nothing like having a threat lingering over - ur head for the next 2wks.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thats gonna really put your line count at an all time high (sarcasm).

Now you will sit on pins and needles and double check every report out of fear you may possibly do something wrong.

What a way to motivate your MTs. Thanks Nuance.

Here's my motivation with Nuance.... - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing my job. If it's not up to your "standards" then fire me. I need a vacation anyway.

Screwed up - hypertyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I too just got the email that my scores are only 98.9%...will see how my score is in 2 weeks. QA is coming out of India and we all know they hate American MTs. Who would have thought it would come to this. I loved OSi and we were told things would not change. Lies, lies, lies. I have been out of work now for 1 month and am waiting for another new account, maybe in a month. My old account went to India. I was hanging on because I have good dental, but I could just pay cash from the money I have lost.......I just don't know where to go from here. All of the companies out there seem to be scammers.....Maybe the suits will see my post and fire me, then i could file for unemployment.

There, I feel better now for ranting...

QA is NOT in India. We QA their reports also! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

You can stop lying now. QA is in India - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The scores which determine your bonus potential are only the post audit reports, and, yes, they ARE in India. The post audit reports are edited by Indian QA. Anyone can see that just by the way the editing is so screwed up, but that is another can of worms. I know this for a fact.

Similar Messages:

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Nuance Down Too?
May 22, 2012

Nuance servers were down all day yesterday as well as Transcend servers?  Really?  We were told in an email it had nothing to do with Nuance.  That's quite a coincidence, don't ya think?  Oh gosh, I sure hope this doesn't indicate the way things are going to go in the future with Nuance.  Does this happen often there? ...

Nuance Pto??
May 22, 2012

In house just got outsourced to Nuance.  In our meeting, they said the PTO is 10 days total, which you have to use for holidays and sick time as well.  So, if you take all 6 holidays (if that is even possible), you get 4 days off a year?  Not even a week for vacation left over.  Someone asked if that changes with time of service and they said no, that will never go up.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Is this what the rest of you get for PTO, or is this just something they have s ...

I <3 Nuance. . .
Aug 02, 2012

I have been with Nuance a few years.  I'm an MT.  I'm not the best MT out there, nor am I the worst.  I read the comments on these boards and my jaw is on the floor.  FYI, not everyone has the bad experiences that have been discussed on this site.  I can't account for the horrible things I hear people saying about Nuance, except to say if things are really that bad for you, maybe MT is not for you or Nuance is not a good fit for your career path. ...

Nuance QCs
Aug 06, 2012

I AM SO LIVID!  These QCs are unbelievable!  I used "and" instead of "the" and the QC marks me off for English misspelling/typo which is a 0.5 error instead of an English word misuse which is less at 0.25. Do you think "and" and "the" are typos?  I think not!  You see, this is evidence that they are being totally unfair and proof that they do not want anyone to make incentive!  This is my opinion!  Anything to bring your score down!  Man this pisses me off!&n ...

Qtn About Nuance Pay
Aug 08, 2012

I don't work for Nuance but have a question.  Somewhere on MTStars, I saw the amount they deduct from your pay if your QA percentage is low.  Please explain.  How much do they pay per line and how much do they deduct if you have low QA percentage?  Thanks so much in advance.  I have looked and looked but can't find the previous post.  ...

QC/QA Pay At Nuance
Aug 16, 2012

There is someone who claims to be a QC for Nuance and that they are only paid minimum wage for this position.  That is utter nonsense.  Why would any experienced MLS take a minimum wage job in the MT industry when you could make more than that on production easily.  If you are experienced enough to be in QC or QA then please don't lie to the rest of us and tell us that you only make minimum wage.   ...

Job With Nuance
Aug 21, 2012

I am really in need of a job, and because I like eScription and ExText for the most part, I thought Nuance was the most likely candidate. However, I'm hearing terrible things about them. I know some have good experiences and some bad, but I'm not in a position where I want to struggle through several months of working and then quit because there's no money in it. I did have an interview, and my red flag was that the interviewer said that they had 80 to 100% ESL on some ac ...

QA/QCs At Nuance
Aug 21, 2012

Got to admit that I am still not a big fan of Nuance's QC/QA departments, but I have to admit I appreciate some of the nice comments they are leaving in feedback lately and are very appreciative.  I think there are still a few brutal ones out there though in saying this.  I these select few do this becauise it serves as some kind of gratification for them to make an MT miserable like they are so superior (like the MT is the dummy) when that is not the case at all.  I think s ...

Ode To Nuance
Oct 11, 2012

Ode to Nuance Here I sit day after day with NSAWatching all that I've worked so hard for slipping awaySo many bills I have to payBut I guess they will just have to wait for another day All my accounts they have been taken awayBecause other MTs out there are getting NSA Too much time wastedToo many opportunities missedWaiting on something that no longer existsYou ate up my employer and along with it my lifeTime to move on now and be done with this strife India is your new cash cowBut I ...

Thanks A Lot, Nuance...
Nov 02, 2012

After quitting my job to work for Nuance and spending hours training (supposed to be PAID training), I decided that Nuance just was NOT the kind of company I wanted to work for since I was blindly recruited (borderline lied to)...  So, I begged for my old job back (and got it), but knew I was going to get a short paycheck because of the time I spent training with Nuance... Well, I just checked my bank account, and I was not reimbursed one penny for the time...  Looks like I'll hav ...