A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just in case anyone is interested... - Boostedmom

Posted: Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!  

Why wou;d you continuously give yourself a raise when - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
your company is going down? WOW! This is PURE GREED. Shows he doesn't care about anyone but himself. Why don't the shareholders vote him out? How disgusting!!

Very interested! - NuAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
Please continue sharing these. It's going to be an interesting ride. Looks like Apple would sell us off to the highest bidder, wonder who "that" would be?!?

Have you all signed my petition? - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I won't reach the goal of the 100,000 needed for the White House to even look at it, but I'm trying! Please share with other!

Guess the link didn't come out - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Here it is. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN

Petition - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Ya know, I'd be more inclined to support your effort if you believed in it as well.

If you know you're not going to reach the 100,000 goal to get it to the White House, then why should I bother signing it?
I think 100,000 is an unrealistic goal,,, - Boostedmom
[ In Reply To ..]
especially since it's only done online. At least I gave it a shot.

omg, 37 million a year... Choke, gag, spit him out - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Very interesting indeed - Suspected as much

[ In Reply To ..]
I've long suspected Apple was trying to get the voice recognition portion of Nuance with the cash asset buildup.

The thing is, not all of Nuance is bad. Their voice recognition is fabulous. It just does not work on ESL dictation. It could work, but they would have to apply the speech recognition properties to the way ESLs pronounce English instead of trying to mainstream it into standard English voice rec.

That being said, Nuance knows that the medical transcription industry of this company has been its buck-toothed step child. Sure, they've made money on it by squeezing it out of their labor, but long term this project is not going to fly.

Having Apple acquisition the voice rec portion of Nuance and leaving them holding the transcription baby would leave Nuance only with an amputated gangrenous limb. They know it too. Their stock is floundering like a beached whale, Paul Ricci is trying to salvage what he can with his inflated salary because he knows very soon the Nuance is going down like the Titanic.

An interesting side note - I discovered yesterday that I do not work for "Nuance," but I work for "Transcend DBA Nuance." But not for long I've had enough of this.

Add me to the existing Transcend lawsuit or let's file another, but this whole medical branch of Nuance is an albatross!

Just a thought - MN

[ In Reply To ..]
ESL dictation being processed through VR is like feeding red leaf lettuce into your printer hoping for a letter to printout on linen-quality stationary.

Having VR editors to "fix" it is like asking a brain surgeon to troubleshoot that problem while paying him the same rate as your garbageman.

I think the opt-in period is over? - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
You can try to contact the attorney, Kevin J. Dolley.

With that 37 million -sm - sick

[ In Reply To ..]
He could pay 1480 people my salary this year.

Ricci doesn't care, he planned for it - MN

[ In Reply To ..]
Paul Ricci is from the Mitt Romney school of business.

Inflate your worth, grab investors and dazzle them with your BS brilliance, suck out as much as you can and run for the Caymans.

You think the CEO of Nuance cares if the company flounders?

No! He's got his fine cut out of this pie.

Thanks for the link - PolyPPB

[ In Reply To ..]
I found this link to be very interesting.

Nuance Communication is anything but good communication. It does not surprise me that their stocks are on a seemingly downward slide. The management is poor and they seem to be getting more and more top heavy, which lends itself to too many chiefs and not enough Indians, or perhaps too many Indians of the India kind. This company would cut off its nose to spite its own face!

Wow - invisible MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What would Apple want with a bunch of Indian MTs? I guess us American MTs just don't exist.

Invisible. Silent. Only talking to each other cause no one knows we exist.

Similar Messages:

Not Doing VR Yet, But Interested
Oct 19, 2009

I wonder which systems are the best to work on.  I know the pay is lower, but I think after 20 years, I would love to save some wrist power....  ...

Interested In Coding HIM
Jul 26, 2012

I have been working as a transcriptionist from my home for almost 20 yrs.  As most, I am losing my account due to EMR.  I am considering pursuing other avenues such as coding or HIM.  Is this a good idea.  How is the job market for this.  I am also a Certified Medical Assistant but have not worked in an office in over 20 yrs.  Any ideas??? ...

Not With Mmodal, But Interested...
Oct 15, 2012

would anyone care to give a synopsis of "the call"?  I am interested in the content and the rhetoric you guys were treated to.  What's this I hear about the "spot" award. Thanks in advance for anyone who could fill me in a little bit. ...

Interested In Coding?
Oct 12, 2013

If you think you might be interested in coding or just want to get an idea of what it is and how it works, try the PDF at the link below.  It is quite good!  (It is free.) www.facs.org/ahp/codingmanual.pdf       ...

Interested In Applying At Keystrokes
Jun 09, 2010

Hi there, I'm interested in applying at Keystrokes.  Does anyone know what the current f/t requirement is?  I see they are hiring only FT right now.  Is this according to line count or a set schedule.  Thanks for any info!     ...

MT Interested In Becoming Biller/coder
Oct 06, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is an online course, school, how long it takes, or what I need to do to find out how much it costs etc, to train in medical billing or coding. I have been an MT for 20 years and need to find a new and/or additional career. Thank you so much for your help.  ...

Interested In Possibly Going Into Coding
May 24, 2011

I am doing some research on medical coding. I have looked at Andrews Coding School and Career Step. Both seem to be close but Career Step states it takes much less time to finish, which I am guessing is to get you in to their school and not reality but that is only a guess. The cost is also a huge difference. Has anyone here gone through either school and would you recomend one over the other? Any advice is appreciated. ...

For Anyone Interested In Nuance TAA Petition
Sep 24, 2013

The petition was submitted early this year. This is the denial of TAA benefits and the reasons for denial.  If you feel the situation has changed it can be appealed by any employee, soon to be ex-employee or former employee per DOL. “The investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on March 7, 2013 by a state workforce official on behalf of workers of Nuance Transcription Services, a subsidiary of Nuance Communications, Inc., Burlington, Massachusetts (subjec ...

Anyone Interested In IMedX Staffing?
Mar 13, 2014

Anyone you know?   ...

Was Called This A.m. From Recruiting Asking If I Am Interested In Working For M.Q. I Think I Had Ap
Nov 04, 2009

How is the VR pay, flexibility for part time. ...

Interested In MTing But No Experience And No Time Or $$ To Get Any!!!!! HELP!
Jan 21, 2012

I am disabled and on social security disability living with my mother and husband in my mother's house. My husband and I have been here for about 4 years, and it's about time to go. My mother is pressuring us to get out knowing that we can't afford to do so.She's become hateful and aggressive, causing unnecessary stress for not only me but my husband which can potentially effect his work performance. For a few years now I have had the illusion of thinking that most, if not a ...

Found This Keystrokes Review If Interested
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Keystrokes-Reviews-E157011.htm ...

Am Interested In Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 28, 2013

Am interested in Clear Choice.  Would like to hear pros and cons of working for them.  Also, because they pay per minute of dictation, how does it compare with cpl rate.  Is it a fair way to pay.  Lots of ESLs?????  Thanks for your time. ...

I Would Be Interested In Knowing How Many Part-time
Apr 04, 2013

employees did NOT lose their jobs today. ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

OK Doc...sss Nn N C End Case,, Really?
Mar 07, 2012

I know exactly what you mean but I dont know the exact wording so now I have to go back and look at old reports and try and figure it out..and then make a shortcut for it cause you always talk like a dumbass...If you would talk like a human you would find your reports get done faster and more accurately.. Do they realize that we type over 100 different doctors on any given day or do they really think we are their personal transcriptionists..Someone needs to tell them how to talk..These companie ...

Into The K? End Of The Case?
Jan 24, 2013

I don't think there is a k in the renal arteries. I just can't understand what he is saying.   Confirmatory angiography s/l  --into the k --showed wide patency of the renal arteries and excellent run-off with both hypogastrics patent. ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

Serious Case Of Bunout
May 10, 2012

I know I'm fortunate to have the job I have and to be able to work from home, but I have a serious case of bunout!  I've been trascribing for 25 years and have been looking for another career after recently graduating.  In the meantime, I have to transcribe.  Anyone have any techniques they use to overcome burnout?  It seems it takes all I have lately to sit in my chair and transcribe, and I hate feeling this way!   ...

In My Case, Is Becoming An MT Worth It?
May 29, 2013

I read this message board from time to time but have never posted but am looking for advice.  Last fall I lost a full time job at a bank - which caused me to sincerely doubt my self-confidence as an employee. I then started the career step MT program and am currently about 60% compete. I recently applied and accepted a job at a local, very busy gift/general merchandise store. I like the job. It pays $9 per hour and is about 30 hours a week. There aren't any benefits.  I believe I ...

In Case You Missed It
Nov 27, 2013

will tell you one more time what they just did to me. In my former BOB was back up to about $18/hour, getting kudos for having 100% accuracy on many reports. Then switched to a new BOB. After working for about 24 hours on the account I was audited, failed at 98.1% and immediately put on 100% QA at which point I quit. Previously I had been audited once a month (and sometimes went for months without an audit) and when I occasionally failed, was given another month to "improve." I was making 1 ...

Just In Case There Was Any Doubt
Dec 21, 2014

Spoke to someone last night that had a friend fired for Christmas. Not a transcriptionist, but a medical biller in Florida..Their work was outsourced to Pakistan..And to add insult to injury her company actually tried to tell her she had to stay and train her replacement..This is the future of anything medical, and probably anything that can be done from a remote location.. ...

KS OT Case In Texas: MTSO Has To Pay
Nov 11, 2009

There's a post buried below regarding overtime and a case lost by Keystrokes in Texas.  A KS poster (probably the owner) states "It is a lie".  It's not a lie.  Here's the publicly accessible truth. The link for the original charges is listed below this post.  The Final Judgment 6/19/09 is below and states that all Keystrokes employees must be informed.  These files are open to the public to view. -------------------------------------------------------- ...

Prosthesis Case Windowed?
Dec 15, 2009

This is a patient who has a poor fitting prosthesis and developed an ulceration on his leg. It sounds like the doctor states prothesis case will probably be windowed?  Does this make sense to anyone?  ...

Need Spelling For S/l KO Case Inhibitor??
Jun 28, 2010

. ...

I Must Either Be An Extreme Rare Case . . .
Jul 27, 2011

After readings these boards, I have to say I must be either be an extreme case or lucky.  I have been an MT for about 20 years.  I have worked both in-house and at home, being at home the last 7 years.  I have worked for both MTSOs and independently.  I have to say I work part-time for 2 companies (small MTSOs) as an IC and love it.  I have done so for about 2 years now and know what my day looks like by 9 a.m. every morning and plan accordingly. Yes, ther ...

Just A Little Help In Case You Werent Aware Of It
Mar 06, 2012

A lot of the standards are single spaced, whether they are supposed to be or not.. if you go to the top panel there are a pair of binoculars the icon NEXT to it on the right is a find and replace feature,,,you can type in any say word that is consistently wrong and then type it correctly in the replace box and it will fix the whole document...Same can be done for punctuation put in there .  (one space)  and in the find replace put the .  (two spaces) and hit the button, fixe ...

In Case Anyone Missed It This Weekend ...
Jan 27, 2014

While some of us are on Food Stamps, earning pennies and being nickeled and dimed to death, the company we REALLY work for ... JP Morgan Chase, just bumped its CEO from $11 million a year to $20 million a year.  In case you wondered, he now earns almost $55,000 A DAY, 365 days a year.    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/p-morgan-raise-james-dimon-pay-20-million-article-1.1590425 ...

In Case You Didnt Hate Your POD Enough Already
Dec 17, 2014

when MTs worked OT??? I was seriously upset when I found this out.  Why not for ALL MTs who worked OT?   ...