A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

interested in applying at Keystrokes - MTMom23

Posted: Jun 09, 2010

Hi there, I'm interested in applying at Keystrokes.  Does anyone know what the current f/t requirement is?  I see they are hiring only FT right now.  Is this according to line count or a set schedule.  Thanks for any info!    

Keystrokes - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
F/T based on hours, pay by production.

Keystrokes - mtmom23

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, thanks so much!!!

I read an article that there is a team of MTs in ligitation for nonpayment from Keystrokes. - RP

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Please provide a link to that article. Not fond of hearsay. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lawsuit about not being paid time and a half for overtime over 40 hours - It was settled

[ In Reply To ..]

The lawsuit is about not being paid for overtime.  Everyone was paid for their regular work, just not time-and-a-half after 40 hours.  The lawsuit has been settled. 

You can check out the actual lawsuit by going to PACER. 

If you do not want to sign up for PACER, you can simply

GOOGLE:  Keystrokes lawsuit

One of the search results will be: 

C_____ v. Keystrokes Transcription Service Inc et al

Thanks, but that's old news. Poster was making it sound like something current, and-- - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
--I was thinking we were having a rehashing of the hatchet job done on KS here last night (the thread that got removed).
a year is not old news - .
[ In Reply To ..]

keystrokes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to work 1 weekend day and 150 lph FT/PT.

A word of caution, though, I've been doing an account that has a "watchdog" type mentality from the account facilitator. This person always sends out emails wanting to know why it took XX amount of time to do a report or why you clocked out 5 minutes early/late. However, I have had some terrific lead and QA folks. HR is pretty great too.

Maybe you'll luck out and get on an account with a better facilitator than I have. I can't imagine they're all that way. We are human and sometimes need to step away from the computer to go to the bathroom, get something to eat/drink, etc, etc.

Good luck.

Emails are only sent out if....sm - truth police

[ In Reply To ..]
You are not on the system for 45 or more minutes when scheduled to work, or if you "hold" a report for an extended period of time with a long period of inactivity - which affects TAT. Never has an email been sent out for someone being clocked off for 5 minutes. For example, if you take 2 hours for a 20-line job and make it go out of TAT, an email would be sent. You're funny :)

how do YOU know what SHE gets? - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe you are a facilitator and that is the way you run your accounts, but what makes you think all of them run the same way?? I don't get why someone would call someone else out on what they said like it's not true at all...
or maybe you are an employee and this is when you get an email...
but either way, how do you KNOW?
:P - me again
[ In Reply To ..]
I know ALL the facilitators, and I know the protocol at KS for people not showing up for their shifts and holding reports with inactivity. Maybe I do get emails, maybe I am the facilitator, maybe I'm not Either way, I know people do NOT get emails for taking 5 minutes off to go to the bathroom. That, I know, is absolutely not true. :)
I worked for Keystrokes - anony
[ In Reply To ..]
a while back and have a pretty good idea about the facilitator being referred to, as well as the monster account she's over.

I received many complaints about this facilitator when my MTs would help out, and the problems are well known by many others including the owners themselves.

Just because you haven't gotten these types of emails, doesn't mean they aren't being sent out. THE FACILITATOR DOESN'T ALWAYS CC TO QA OR LEADS.

Just the facts folks by someone who's been there. I'm glad I left when I did. It sounds like things have not gotten any better on that account.

Best of luck to all.

Similar Messages:

Found This Keystrokes Review If Interested
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Keystrokes-Reviews-E157011.htm ...

Keystrokes - Looking Into Applying To This Company
Jun 16, 2011

I'm looking into applying to this company.  Can a current employee tell me which of their various platforms are true word-based?  They list meditech, Chartnet, powerscribe, allscripts, scribe.  I also understand that they just bought out 2 other companies that may include multiple other platforms.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

Thinking Of Applying At Keystrokes
Apr 15, 2013

Thinking of applying at Keystrokes.  Anyone have current info such as line rates, platform, are they flexible as far as schedule, pay on time, and if they have plenty of work which is a huge issue? TIA for any info ...

Not Doing VR Yet, But Interested
Oct 19, 2009

I wonder which systems are the best to work on.  I know the pay is lower, but I think after 20 years, I would love to save some wrist power....  ...

Interested In Coding HIM
Jul 26, 2012

I have been working as a transcriptionist from my home for almost 20 yrs.  As most, I am losing my account due to EMR.  I am considering pursuing other avenues such as coding or HIM.  Is this a good idea.  How is the job market for this.  I am also a Certified Medical Assistant but have not worked in an office in over 20 yrs.  Any ideas??? ...

Not With Mmodal, But Interested...
Oct 15, 2012

would anyone care to give a synopsis of "the call"?  I am interested in the content and the rhetoric you guys were treated to.  What's this I hear about the "spot" award. Thanks in advance for anyone who could fill me in a little bit. ...

Just In Case Anyone Is Interested...
Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!   ...

Interested In Coding?
Oct 12, 2013

If you think you might be interested in coding or just want to get an idea of what it is and how it works, try the PDF at the link below.  It is quite good!  (It is free.) www.facs.org/ahp/codingmanual.pdf       ...

MT Interested In Becoming Biller/coder
Oct 06, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is an online course, school, how long it takes, or what I need to do to find out how much it costs etc, to train in medical billing or coding. I have been an MT for 20 years and need to find a new and/or additional career. Thank you so much for your help.  ...

Interested In Possibly Going Into Coding
May 24, 2011

I am doing some research on medical coding. I have looked at Andrews Coding School and Career Step. Both seem to be close but Career Step states it takes much less time to finish, which I am guessing is to get you in to their school and not reality but that is only a guess. The cost is also a huge difference. Has anyone here gone through either school and would you recomend one over the other? Any advice is appreciated. ...

For Anyone Interested In Nuance TAA Petition
Sep 24, 2013

The petition was submitted early this year. This is the denial of TAA benefits and the reasons for denial.  If you feel the situation has changed it can be appealed by any employee, soon to be ex-employee or former employee per DOL. “The investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on March 7, 2013 by a state workforce official on behalf of workers of Nuance Transcription Services, a subsidiary of Nuance Communications, Inc., Burlington, Massachusetts (subjec ...

Anyone Interested In IMedX Staffing?
Mar 13, 2014

Anyone you know?   ...

Was Called This A.m. From Recruiting Asking If I Am Interested In Working For M.Q. I Think I Had Ap
Nov 04, 2009

How is the VR pay, flexibility for part time. ...

Interested In MTing But No Experience And No Time Or $$ To Get Any!!!!! HELP!
Jan 21, 2012

I am disabled and on social security disability living with my mother and husband in my mother's house. My husband and I have been here for about 4 years, and it's about time to go. My mother is pressuring us to get out knowing that we can't afford to do so.She's become hateful and aggressive, causing unnecessary stress for not only me but my husband which can potentially effect his work performance. For a few years now I have had the illusion of thinking that most, if not a ...

Am Interested In Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 28, 2013

Am interested in Clear Choice.  Would like to hear pros and cons of working for them.  Also, because they pay per minute of dictation, how does it compare with cpl rate.  Is it a fair way to pay.  Lots of ESLs?????  Thanks for your time. ...

I Would Be Interested In Knowing How Many Part-time
Apr 04, 2013

employees did NOT lose their jobs today. ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

For Those Interested In Weekly Pay, J&M Transcription Also Pays Weekly. Nm
Feb 09, 2011

ppp ...

Applying
Jun 16, 2011

How long do you have to wait before reapplying for a job at medquist? ...

Applying For Job
Jan 10, 2011

Okay, this is somewhat of a strange situation.  I have been looking for a job in the field that I was in prior to becoming an MT 11 years ago, which would be a full-time position with benefits.  Currently I am IC.  I had lost my previous job due to downsizing and the office/company that I worked for basically closed it's Wisconsin branch except for a handful of employees.  I just found out that one of the employees at this small Wisconsin branch of the company that I use ...

When Applying For A New MT Job...
Dec 27, 2013

...and taking a transcription test, is it wise to type verbatim even if there are errors or try to clean it up? I'm an older MT and haven't applied in a while. I'd just like to know an opinion out there. I'd hate to not get a job because I "cleaned" something up when I should not have done so. TIA. ...

After Applying For Jobs....
Oct 20, 2009

How long should I wait after applying for a job before following up? And what's the best way to followup? Also, I'd like to ask what caused them to overlook my resume if that's the case. BUT would that just make me even more of a pest and make them Black-ball me?! I HATE WAITING!!! Can you tell? :) ...

Question About Applying...
May 25, 2010

This question applies to anyone... Do you apply for an MT position even if they state they're not hiring newbies? If so, has it made a difference or is it a waste of time? Thanks! ...

Considering Applying With Q.E.D. Transcription
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

MME's... Is It Worth Applying For?
Feb 11, 2011

I'm curious about the MME certification/position.  Can anyone please give some honest insight as to what the difference in pay is, what the testing for the position is like, etc.  I would like to apply for the position in 2 months and would like to know what to expect.  Also, once you're an MME does that open up advancement opportunities into QA, CCM, etc.?  Any information would be appreciated.   ...

Done Applying For MT Jobs
Apr 10, 2012

I need to write this for my own sake. I can no longer apply or test for these company positions. I am being rejected in one way or another by all of them. I have done this for going on 30 years. I can't take it anymore. It is so very very painful to deal with this. I think in my heart I have given up finding any MT position or any job at this point in my life. All I do is get angry, cry, throw things. Very very depressed and I get from friends is either God has something special for ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...