A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whew! By the end of this summer I will be done with MT!!! - jaerae

Posted: Jun 19, 2010

I just accepted a job as an office manager in the medical field.  It took a lot of work to find a good job that did not feel like a step down, but I did it.  There is hope out there folks.  There are people that value the skills and expertise that a medical transcriptionist can bring to a company!  If you are fed up with this field, press on!  There are options out there for us.  

Whew, Through with MT - Silly Rabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
It dawned on me today that medical transcription is no longer an industry, but it's a racket. It's almost impossible for the MT to make a decent living while the higher ups make enormous amounts of money, but there is very little honest about it. Good for you. Your news is encouraging.

Congratulations on your new job and good luck with it - I have been a medical office manager

[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations on your new job. The rest of my comments are not meant to take away from your excitement about your new job, but more as a warning so you can be prepared, if you've never had that job title with those duties before.

I've never seen a job as a medical office manager that didn't include an enormous amount of stress. I would never do it again. It did pay the bills and if I had no other options I obviously would do it again. Otherwise, no way.

I wish you success and happiness with it. I hope you can do it and still have a life. I also hope you can do it without turning mean. Medical office managers tend to go on power trips. I did until my father had a talk with me and straightened me out.

Me too - and I NEVER had a minute to myself or my family...sm - Been there, too

[ In Reply To ..]
I was always on call for the docs in the practice, which sometimes meant going to the office to search charts for prescription refills and billing issues. I WAS compensated, but this was many MANY years ago when there was still $$ to be made and the doctors were more generous.

Congrats. I got a job with my PCP. Working - back in an office has been great. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Amen!!! - susieq

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right on! I have been back working in-house for the past 2 years, 32 hrs/wk and loving it. I finally have a life and don't worry about having the expense of unlimited long distance, computer, reference materials and have wonderful benefits too without all the hastle of phone calls, etc. Only 2 miles from home. Am loving it!!

Congratulations and Good Luck - Link

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm waiting to hear back from an interview I had on Friday for a medical secretarial position at the local hospital. The benefits are incredible so I'm hoping to be doing something different soon also.

Similar Messages:

Whew
Feb 03, 2010

just made it through 30 meds and 68 med allergies from a hard to understand ESL.  I need a drink! lol ...

Whew. Couldn't Get In Here For A Minute.
Dec 06, 2011

LOL ...

Whew, Dodged That Bullet!...sm
Feb 06, 2012

That was a close one!  I quit MQ, MModal whatever it is, back in December after sticking it out there for a few months after the eTransPlus buyout.  While looking for another job, I applied at DSG.  Never heard back from them.  Then, I was hired by (and am currently at) Transcend.  About 3 weeks ago, I get an email from the DSG recruiter asking for my resume again to see if they have an available position for me.  I politely emailed back and told her I already had a ...

Okay It's Mid Summer
Jul 17, 2012

they said early summer but I think we can safely say it's mid summer now.  Where's the compensation plan? ...

Summer Break
May 28, 2010

How do other mothers deal with summer break when their kids are out of school as far as working for a company?  Do some companies let you have summers off and then return in the fall?  Do some MTs change their schedules around possibly doing work at night, etc?  Any companies better about this than others? ...

$11/hour For HS Students In Summer Jobs
Oct 14, 2011

Are we worth more than a high school student in a temporary summer job because $11/hour is what they get paid in at least one of the cities here.  Pretty sad, isn't it? ...

Life's Ups And Downs And My Summer Night With Jon Bon Jovi!
Aug 03, 2010

Hello girls. If you all remember my WONDERFUL husband got me tickets for us to see Bon Jovi at Solider Field for Christmas. I FINALLY go to use them Friday night. Woweeee! Just some background on what is going in with my family.... My husband is an electrician who got laid off in January....still not back to work. Making COBRA payments to keep insurance....sheesh. 12-year-old daughter needs braces....$5000 with $500 downpayment due initially. My father-in-law was diagnosed with Stage 4 ...

Is There Anyone Out There Who Signed Up For Supplemental Insurance Through Colonial Last Summer
Jan 03, 2013

I called them today and I am still insured with them.  So, unless this is an error on the person I talked to, my next paycheck will have deductions for that insurance in addition to the deductions for the new 2013 Nuance insurances which are through other vendors. Does anyone know about this?  Our policies with Colonial should have been cancelled by Nuance. ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

Well, I Did It. I Enrolled For Summer Semester. I Am Entering The Rad Tech Program At My Local Col
Apr 13, 2010

After years of thinking about going back to school and then talking myself out of it because I didn't want to face college again at age 40, I decided I need more job security, better pay and growth potential.  So I filled out the financial aid forms, enrolled in a couple of classes for the summer, and here I go.  I'm a little nervous actually.  Been a loooooonnng while since I sat in a classroom, took notes, and took exams.  My retention isn't wh ...

Suggested Summer Reading For MTs - - Regarding 'how The World Turns Today/globalization And How
Jun 19, 2010

I left my employer of TEN YEARS, the subject of this particular forum, on April 27 after months of dealing with being in what felt like "a constant state of shock" -- while I watched my income plummet, my work pool grow from 2 basic primary hospitals and one seconday to about 25 different hospitals and clinics; it was to the point where I never felt like I knew what I was doing.  I was always working in a "different state/city/local region" where all the adjunctive medical facilit ...

Is It True That Employees At Amphion Had To Work Mandatory OT All Summer Long?
Jan 29, 2011

Wow.  That stinks.  I like to enjoy my summers.  I was thinking about applying to them, but I don't know now.  I've heard about the same amount of negatives that I've heard positives about this company...  Any other opinions out there?    ...