A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I learned a lesson recently.... - Left Nuance a week ago

Posted: Aug 23, 2013

I'm one of the first people to tell someone else to be careful of the bridges you burn when leaving one company for another.  It's advice that I have tried hard to live by and was working out fairly well until just recently.

I have another job with another company now and loving it.  Leaving Nuance and finding out that there still are companies out there that give a hoot has made me feel good.

Anyway....I didn't actually burn any bridges with my past employers but I wasn't too polite with some of the managers there upon my departure.  Welp...I was bitten on the butt this week. I came to find out that one of my former supervisors now works at the same new company *I* work for.  Not only is she beyond a supervisor, she is a DIRECTOR of an entire section of the country.  Yup...

So...that being said....I'm going to add a piece of advice to all you that are searching desperately to get away from Nuance and the QA people and the team leads and even your co-workers that we all have detested from time to time...be careful of the bridges you burn with EVERYONE you work with.  You could wind up like me and find out that the person you think is just REALLY REALLY nasty to you and that was so easy to "yell at" by email is now your boss' BOSS, or even higher up and they DO have the power to keep you from getting hired, or even CONSIDERED, at all!  Have a great day....or at least try to.  I feel your pain and wish you all better days ahead!!

leaving nuance - liladybug

[ In Reply To ..]
good advice :) In this business I think a lot of people besides MTs probably move around. If you don't mind me asking, who did you go to work for now? I also work at Nuance presently and thinking of moving on but it really is hard to know which ship to jump too when all you ever hear really is negatives. Thanks.

Don't worry. She's probably so self-absorbed with - moving up the corporate

[ In Reply To ..]
ladder that she doesn't even know you exist.

She's already pretty close to the top now - But not worried

[ In Reply To ..]
WE have talked and things are good......now. It could have very well gone the other way though.

Similar Messages:

Learned My Lesson
Mar 02, 2015

I will NO LONGER be working OT.  Got audited on 2 jobs that were less  than 1 minute in length on an unfamiliar account and scored 99.5%.  Do they look for short jobs?  It seems like it to me.  That way, they can fail you.  Hard to stay motivated and focused when you get dinged for such petty things.  In no way did my mistake cause the patient any harm.  Honest to pete.  Have heard rumors that the auditors are off shore.  Really?  After I lo ...

A Lesson For Those Who Are Considering Being An MT...
May 09, 2010

For almost a year and a half I have been going to a technical school for medical transcription and medical coding and billing. Being an MT was what I wanted to do for a living. I chose the coding and billing because I felt it certainly wouldn't hurt to have depending on where I wound up working. I have made excellent grades and did well in the various classes I have taken. Overall, it was a very good learning experience. In a few weeks I'll be finished. It made sense to begin looking ...

History Lesson - What Are We
Oct 13, 2012

Article attached. We are waiting for permission to take massive action?  Not advocating violence, but please leave your damn jobs.  We deserve better.  There would be no MTSOs without MTs.  Don't you get it? They already stole our jobs, sent them overseas, created software to replace us, and we are fighting over scraps at slave wages.  Those who are happy being MTs, good, but $8-10 an hour doesn't cut it in my world.  That's not a living ...

EMR - Looks Like An Introductory Lesson
Feb 16, 2013

http://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/42784/38572292.pdf?sequence=1 ...

Thanks For The Spelling Lesson, Doc
Nov 28, 2013

I'm not sure what got into Dr. Knucklehead's brain tonight, but he's spelling words like pannus, Trileptal, anasarca (which he spelled wrong).  It's bad enough he's doing it as often as he is because he's completely messing up the voice recognition for his drafts, but he has spelled pannus every freaking time he has said it. The patient has cellulitis below her pannus, so the word is coming up a lot in this report.   I have one more hour to go and then a ...

I Have Learned.
Sep 30, 2010

Hello: I have worked as an MT employed at the same hospital for 10 years. In the past 2 years, I have also started doing IC part-time. Being an IC is taking a step down. Never in a million years did I know they have to work twice as hard as an employee. I just pray for the ICs. As an employee, I make twice as much as an IC. IC: Platforms are slow. More problems with sound quality and several ESL doctors. Supervisor sometimes does not supply sample dictations and not helpful when ne ...

New MT Learned Old Trick
Aug 26, 2010

After searching for an MT job for 3 months, I was blessed to get a job as a newbie.  Unfortunately, I have been transcribing for hours and hours 5 days a week and most likely will not get paid.  Saw some posts too late about the company not paying ICs.  ...

This Is What I Have Learned From This Board
Feb 02, 2012

Hey, I have been off and on following this board for a while, and I have to say thanks to you, I am on my way to what will be a new career.  But after today, I felt I had to share what happened to me while studying for a test tomorrow:  The $$ in this career does not matter, actually I don't even know where it starts or ends!  Anyway, at this point, what matters to me is that I have found my "place", I am happy with the prospect of either working for a hospital, but ultimatel ...

Learned Something New Today
Oct 10, 2013

I was told today one of our accounts "went global."  Took a minute for it to sink in what this meant (went to India).  I have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more of this.  There's no future for me in MT anymore, not when I'm making barely above minimum and they can get the work done cheaper than that.  ...

I Just Learned Something New About 365 Email (sm)
May 18, 2015

I was trying to send an email to someone who worked for the previous company,  and I found that if you put in  just the first few letters of the person's name, and then hit contacts underneath, you can find all names who work for the company whose names begin with those letters.  Quite surprising. ...

I Learned A New Word Today
Feb 20, 2012

Reiterized.  As in "reiterized to the patient that..." Gotta love it. ...

If I Learned As Slowly As The Dolbey Fusion SR System (as In Not At All) Sm
Jun 12, 2014

the company would fire me. Instead, I can sit here and almost retype the whole report while seething and earning a whopping 4 cpl. But I feel oh so much better now that I read the "rah, rah, rah" note about Speech. ...

For All The MTs Who Have Recently Been Let Go, Can You
Nov 05, 2012

please post how much you got paid per line.  I think that really is why you all were let go because you made too much per line.  We can narrow it down to that if you would all post how much you made.  Thanks ...

Recently!
May 25, 2013

raise! Hopefully it's across the board! ...

NJA Recently?
Apr 11, 2014

Just wondering how the NJA problem is since 60 of us have moved on.  We've had 2 new ILP accounts to QA (which are horrible) and 1 group hospitals that have come back from ILP land, but only recieved a small handful of MTs to compensate.  My BOB has been swamped for the past week with late jobs every night.  My TSM says that her manager said that there isn't anybody who can help out.  I was just wondering if he/she is just too lazy to actually look.  I know the ...

Recently Finished
Apr 29, 2011

I just recently finished my MT course through At-Home Professions and Im just waiting to hear back on my final. I feel that I have done well as far as the terminology and looking things up but Im still not comfortable with my punctuation. Does anyone have any advice? ...

To Those Who Have Recently Been Bought By MQ And Still
Dec 07, 2011

working on your accounts from your bought-out company, are you consistently running out of work? We were told things would not change for a while but I'm running out of work all the time.  I tried to apply for SUI this morning online but with this particular situation, I could not answer some questions to complete application so  I have to go down there, which I am getting ready to do.  I don't want to quit but this is getting extremely frustrating punching in and n ...

Anyone Else Experience This Recently?
Aug 31, 2012

For the past month, I've applied for an MT position with almost every MTSO who posts a job.  I've tested with all of them, and I don't get a call back. This is a new thing for me.  I've been in the industry over 20 years, have done every specialty plus QA. In the past when I've looked for a job I've found one in only one day.  What's up? ...

For Those Who Have Left Recently, Did You Get Your PTO
Nov 16, 2012

I am giving the 2 weeks' notice but I'm curious when they payout the PTO.  TIA! ...

Patient First Recently
Nov 19, 2013

Hi. I was contacted recently by PF, tested again in person, set up for training (which was later rescheduled but is apparently still on), and told I have the job, but so far I have been utterly unable to get anything like an actual offer letter or anything STATING the terms of employment, like pay, PTO, basic benefit info, etc. (and I have asked and asked). Is this normal for them or a recent development? Everything they have TOLD me in person and on the phone has been just what the PF employees ...

Anybody Who Quit Recently, Can You Tell Me
Mar 26, 2014

Just planning ahead.  Thanks. ...

Imedx - Has Anyone Been QA'd Recently
Dec 18, 2014

I am curious, has anyone from Imedx been QA's recently. Can you briefly share me your story and how it went. Thanks a lot! ...

If You've Recently Quit
Dec 30, 2014

Volumes have skyrocketed in the accounts on my team, and while my manager is spewing off that it's just abnormally high volumes, I think it's because people have jumped ship. I was wondering if those of you who quit and still visit this board could comment with your ex-TSM's initials.   ...

MD-IT After Applying And Testing With Them Recently?
Aug 10, 2010

Curious if anyone has heard back from MD-IT after applying and testing with them recently?  TIA. ...

Recently Applied For A Job With Keystrokes
Jun 23, 2011

I have recently applied for a job with Keystrokes. Does anyone have information regarding this company?  If so, please share with me as I am looking something part time and one of my specialties is Otolaryngology. Thanks for any info you may have! ...

Has Anyone Taken The CMT Exam Recently? 
Sep 20, 2010

Has anyone taken the CMT exam recently?  I'm taking a prep course through AHDI and wonder how similar it is to the actual exam.  I'm planning to take it in October & a little nervous after going through the prep.  I have 6 years acute care exp. & am disappointed in myself at my progress so far on the prep course. Getting kind of nervous.  Don't want to throw $400 out the window on this!  Any advice, warnings, etc.? ...

Recently Started On ChartNet
Sep 26, 2010

I have recently started on ChartNet.  I read reviews, which are mostly positive, and my question is why? I find it cumbersome with all the headings you have to make with the control/shift keys and entering, starting new headers, etc.  Not very fluid at all (for me anyway).  Does anyone have advice/tips on how to make this more user-friendly?  Plus I lose reports and have no idea where they go or how to get them back, so I am losing line count as well.  I was happy to read all those positive ...

Transcend-Seems To Be A Lot Of Negative Out There Recently. So Tell Me.....
Jun 19, 2011

Is there anyone out there that does like their job with Transcend and can you tell me why? i.e. flexibility, good account, decent money/benefits etc. Thanks. ...

Has Transcend Become A Better Company Recently?
Mar 02, 2011

I am trying to narrow down some companies to work for and have a job offer on the table from Transcend.  Some of the posts on here and on glassdoor are negative, but are from early 2010 or older.  Has anyone had more recent experience with them?  Fear I'll be jumping out of the pan and into the fire. ...

Anyone Else Recently Start Working For
Nov 10, 2011

Accentus?  WOW!!  That is all I can say.  The platform is so horribly slow and bulky it is pathetic.  The sound files are lousy on top of the foot pedal (or even hitting F8) not "working" when you hit it.  This was the biggest waste of time!!! ...