A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Learned my lesson - anon

Posted: Mar 02, 2015

I will NO LONGER be working OT.  Got audited on 2 jobs that were less  than 1 minute in length on an unfamiliar account and scored 99.5%.  Do they look for short jobs?  It seems like it to me.  That way, they can fail you.  Hard to stay motivated and focused when you get dinged for such petty things.  In no way did my mistake cause the patient any harm.  Honest to pete.  Have heard rumors that the auditors are off shore.  Really?  After I look at some of the junk they have typed and am told they are not held to the same quality as us?  I give up.  What's the point to it all?  Wish the economy was better and the job market.  Remembering the good old days when you could open up the paper and there would be pages and pages of ads for jobs. 

I know for a fact - that ILPs are also auditors

[ In Reply To ..]
I requested a re-look at one of my audits and I was sent a screenshot of the audit. There was a column that said "ILP QA" and the next one just said "QA." Sorry about your experience. Seems to me they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. I have 15 months to go...

it boils down to the almighty dollar - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
If they give the auditing to the ILP's, they get it done cheaper. The ILP's will mark the US MT's off for stupid stuff, thus failing the audits and potentially getting rid of the US work force. That opens up jobs for more ILP personnel to get the job done cheaper.

Just my opinion....

US MTs - bubb

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone said awhile back that they were planning to keep a few thousand US MTs.
I doubt if they even HAVE a few thousand US - MTs anymore. They want us gone.
[ In Reply To ..]

I dont understand why you people let it bother you - unless you are placed in PM

[ In Reply To ..]
why do you care? I don't even look at my audits.

LOL can I get an I told you so... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I refuse to work OT again..Seems like that is when the audits hit..But I agree, I don't even look at that garbage anymore..AND the day they say PM, is the day I quit

So I was thinking about the whole PM quit thing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Make sure that you do not just quit. Question it in an email so you have documentation. Example, I am being put on PM because I failed an audit for having a comma in the wrong spot? Something that had nothing to do with patient care and would not have caused harm to anyone, and that is really more a matter of style? You are going to lower my wages exactly how much for that? When, in fact, I can go into docqumanage and find such and such errors (now, when you see wrong drug names, wrong equipment names, etc. save it to a word document just because). Now you have documentation of unfair business practices and can, at the very least, fight for unemployment. And in truth, if enough of us stood together, especially those that have personal knowledge of the QA of ILPs V US employees, we could do a class action lawsuit. Really getting very sick of the abuse that goes on around here. And while you are at it, save the CPs with the spelling errors in there, and the reports in the repository put there by QA that are wrong as well. Save everything remotely related to errors to your personal email.

Audits - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I surely agree. I am going to quit looking at my audits. I dread starting the day looking at the crazy things they come up with. Their constant graphs and colors drive me insane. Honestly, what are they trying to do. If they put me to PM, that is the day it is over for me too. I refuse to be demeaned in that way because of what they think is quality.

Good for you TJ! I have been with this company long enough - to know they just do this because they can

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't have enough of us left to fire or let us go, at least in my BOB. If and when PM comes I will gladly take my time and earn minimum wage, no problem. No sense in getting all upset about it.

Lesson learned - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand exactly what you are saying. I don't work OT any longer because of the very thing you are talking about. I used to put in OT every time they had it out there, but no more. I was wondering the same thing --- do they look for short jobs just so they can fail you. It certainly seems that way to me. And what is really difficult is when you are under their "quality score" to pass an audit by having a 99.4%. You get the "well that is not the standard." Give me strength to make it through such stupidity when life is much more important than this.

I keep telling you, audits have NOTHING WHATSOEVER - to do with actual quality.

[ In Reply To ..]
They want you on performance management simply so they can cut your salary. Period. I will not fall for that. My first day on PM is my first day of retirement. Wish you could all do the same.

Short versus long jobs - No difference

[ In Reply To ..]
Quality is no longer scored as a percentage of the job, despite what it appears. A job has 100 points. Each errors is a certain amount of points (feedback - 0, minor - 0.25, noncritical - 1, and critical - 3). A noncritical error on 1000-line report versus a 10-line report will give you a 99 on both reports. What used to not even be close to failing you on a super long report, can now do so easily. It's quite the stupid setup.

Similar Messages:

I Learned A Lesson Recently....
Aug 23, 2013

I'm one of the first people to tell someone else to be careful of the bridges you burn when leaving one company for another.  It's advice that I have tried hard to live by and was working out fairly well until just recently. I have another job with another company now and loving it.  Leaving Nuance and finding out that there still are companies out there that give a hoot has made me feel good. Anyway....I didn't actually burn any bridges with my past employers but I wa ...

A Lesson For Those Who Are Considering Being An MT...
May 09, 2010

For almost a year and a half I have been going to a technical school for medical transcription and medical coding and billing. Being an MT was what I wanted to do for a living. I chose the coding and billing because I felt it certainly wouldn't hurt to have depending on where I wound up working. I have made excellent grades and did well in the various classes I have taken. Overall, it was a very good learning experience. In a few weeks I'll be finished. It made sense to begin looking ...

History Lesson - What Are We
Oct 13, 2012

Article attached. We are waiting for permission to take massive action?  Not advocating violence, but please leave your damn jobs.  We deserve better.  There would be no MTSOs without MTs.  Don't you get it? They already stole our jobs, sent them overseas, created software to replace us, and we are fighting over scraps at slave wages.  Those who are happy being MTs, good, but $8-10 an hour doesn't cut it in my world.  That's not a living ...

EMR - Looks Like An Introductory Lesson
Feb 16, 2013

http://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/42784/38572292.pdf?sequence=1 ...

Thanks For The Spelling Lesson, Doc
Nov 28, 2013

I'm not sure what got into Dr. Knucklehead's brain tonight, but he's spelling words like pannus, Trileptal, anasarca (which he spelled wrong).  It's bad enough he's doing it as often as he is because he's completely messing up the voice recognition for his drafts, but he has spelled pannus every freaking time he has said it. The patient has cellulitis below her pannus, so the word is coming up a lot in this report.   I have one more hour to go and then a ...

I Have Learned.
Sep 30, 2010

Hello: I have worked as an MT employed at the same hospital for 10 years. In the past 2 years, I have also started doing IC part-time. Being an IC is taking a step down. Never in a million years did I know they have to work twice as hard as an employee. I just pray for the ICs. As an employee, I make twice as much as an IC. IC: Platforms are slow. More problems with sound quality and several ESL doctors. Supervisor sometimes does not supply sample dictations and not helpful when ne ...

New MT Learned Old Trick
Aug 26, 2010

After searching for an MT job for 3 months, I was blessed to get a job as a newbie.  Unfortunately, I have been transcribing for hours and hours 5 days a week and most likely will not get paid.  Saw some posts too late about the company not paying ICs.  ...

This Is What I Have Learned From This Board
Feb 02, 2012

Hey, I have been off and on following this board for a while, and I have to say thanks to you, I am on my way to what will be a new career.  But after today, I felt I had to share what happened to me while studying for a test tomorrow:  The $$ in this career does not matter, actually I don't even know where it starts or ends!  Anyway, at this point, what matters to me is that I have found my "place", I am happy with the prospect of either working for a hospital, but ultimatel ...

Learned Something New Today
Oct 10, 2013

I was told today one of our accounts "went global."  Took a minute for it to sink in what this meant (went to India).  I have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more of this.  There's no future for me in MT anymore, not when I'm making barely above minimum and they can get the work done cheaper than that.  ...

I Just Learned Something New About 365 Email (sm)
May 18, 2015

I was trying to send an email to someone who worked for the previous company,  and I found that if you put in  just the first few letters of the person's name, and then hit contacts underneath, you can find all names who work for the company whose names begin with those letters.  Quite surprising. ...

I Learned A New Word Today
Feb 20, 2012

Reiterized.  As in "reiterized to the patient that..." Gotta love it. ...

If I Learned As Slowly As The Dolbey Fusion SR System (as In Not At All) Sm
Jun 12, 2014

the company would fire me. Instead, I can sit here and almost retype the whole report while seething and earning a whopping 4 cpl. But I feel oh so much better now that I read the "rah, rah, rah" note about Speech. ...