A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EMR - looks like an introductory lesson - Snow Bunny (the original)

Posted: Feb 16, 2013

http://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/42784/38572292.pdf?sequence=1

It would be really helpful if ... - you posted the link as a lknk

[ In Reply To ..]
You ask about something or want people to look at something, but you don't post the link correctly.

Please post links in the link box beneath the post screen. It is the only way many of us can go to your link without having to copy it down on paper and retype it. Not everyone is using a computer just like yours.

That's one of my pet peeves, sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
on this site is NOT posting links properly, although if you really want to look at the site, you can open another browser window without closing this one, copy the link, and paste it into the newly opened browser window. I'll do that if I'm reasonably sure it's a link I want to look at.

I just click on a tab to open another browser - window, then

[ In Reply To ..]
I cut and paste and have 2 (but usually more all the time) browser windows open. I actually prefer the cut and paste method rather than the link because it does redirect to another window. Then, if I want to refer to the link to post a reply, I have to go back without having the article open, or I have to cut and paste into another window anyhow.

No I cannot copy the link - mobile

[ In Reply To ..]
Not everyone is on a desktop!
Ya know what? I didn't even think about that! - poster above you
[ In Reply To ..]
My bad...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious :-)

All you have to do ... - anotheranon

[ In Reply To ..]
All you have to do is highlight it with a mouse, right click and you will see a go to ... and then click on that.

In any case, all this was, was a master's degree thesis paper from MIT on writing a computer program for finding certain info in medical reports from 1997. Quite old technology.

oops ... sorry - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

A Lesson For Those Who Are Considering Being An MT...
May 09, 2010

For almost a year and a half I have been going to a technical school for medical transcription and medical coding and billing. Being an MT was what I wanted to do for a living. I chose the coding and billing because I felt it certainly wouldn't hurt to have depending on where I wound up working. I have made excellent grades and did well in the various classes I have taken. Overall, it was a very good learning experience. In a few weeks I'll be finished. It made sense to begin looking ...

History Lesson - What Are We
Oct 13, 2012

Article attached. We are waiting for permission to take massive action?  Not advocating violence, but please leave your damn jobs.  We deserve better.  There would be no MTSOs without MTs.  Don't you get it? They already stole our jobs, sent them overseas, created software to replace us, and we are fighting over scraps at slave wages.  Those who are happy being MTs, good, but $8-10 an hour doesn't cut it in my world.  That's not a living ...

Thanks For The Spelling Lesson, Doc
Nov 28, 2013

I'm not sure what got into Dr. Knucklehead's brain tonight, but he's spelling words like pannus, Trileptal, anasarca (which he spelled wrong).  It's bad enough he's doing it as often as he is because he's completely messing up the voice recognition for his drafts, but he has spelled pannus every freaking time he has said it. The patient has cellulitis below her pannus, so the word is coming up a lot in this report.   I have one more hour to go and then a ...

Learned My Lesson
Mar 02, 2015

I will NO LONGER be working OT.  Got audited on 2 jobs that were less  than 1 minute in length on an unfamiliar account and scored 99.5%.  Do they look for short jobs?  It seems like it to me.  That way, they can fail you.  Hard to stay motivated and focused when you get dinged for such petty things.  In no way did my mistake cause the patient any harm.  Honest to pete.  Have heard rumors that the auditors are off shore.  Really?  After I lo ...

I Learned A Lesson Recently....
Aug 23, 2013

I'm one of the first people to tell someone else to be careful of the bridges you burn when leaving one company for another.  It's advice that I have tried hard to live by and was working out fairly well until just recently. I have another job with another company now and loving it.  Leaving Nuance and finding out that there still are companies out there that give a hoot has made me feel good. Anyway....I didn't actually burn any bridges with my past employers but I wa ...