A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hospital Transcription Department to National Company - Curious

Posted: Apr 29, 2014

Is there anybody here who worked for a hospital in the transcrption department only to have their jobs yanked out from under t hem and sent to a National such as Nuance?  I know somebody who works for a local hospital and it looks like they secretly are in the process of making this move....some very strange secretive things going on that makes me wonder...... What was the  process for your hospital if this happened to you?????  I'm wondering if my suspicions are spot-on.  

Didn't this happen with a University Hospital - in PA?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no personal knowledge of this, but I seem to remember hearing something along these lines.

Hospital transcription department to national company - Tinker

[ In Reply To ..]
UPMC in Pittsburgh was the university hospital in Pittsburgh. The same thing happened to me at a different hospital in Southwestern Pennsylvania but went with another company.

hospital transcription - outsourcing

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened at the hospital I worked at. We were all offered jobs with the outsourcing company if we wanted to take it but only about half went with the outsourcing company. The supervisors were kept on to answer the phone and edit the work from the outsourcing company. We were also offered something called priority placement meaning every job I applied for I was automatically granted an interview as long as I qualified. Outsourcing was something that was talked about for years and the amount that was outsourced gradually increased. We were scared for years and it was coming and we were always told they would never go to total outsource and then it happened one day.

happened to me in like 2003 approx - ExMeridianer

[ In Reply To ..]
At a Baltimore area hospital. It started a year before the rug was pulled.. they decided to increase our requirements by 50% production, and simultaneously took away our PTO. Zip, no time off anymore.."but look at it this way, you'll be making so much more money with the new requirements" they told us. A year later, after typing our fingers to the grind, we were outsourced to MedQuist or whatever they called themselves at that time Transcriptions Ltd maybe.. same demons. We were told we could keep our jobs and work for the hospital through the new company... of course that meant doing the same job we were paid 0.13 cents per line for and now only getting .07 cents per line. :) Such an insult.

I now work for another Baltimore area hospital's Transcription office and I am no fool, I'm just waiting on the day. They are slowing introducing Epic, and I just know they will do the same, but do they tell us of their plans for us? No. They keep us in the dark. such bullshit. This is our lives, they dont care.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Have Experience With National Medical Transcription Company?
Oct 07, 2010

I received a job interview for an IC position with a company called National Medical Transcription with headquarters in New York.  Has anybody worked with this company? My main concern was that the company does not offer direct deposit but rather issues a check via mail.  Next concern is a "transparent" means of tallying up productivity for 65 character lines and spaces included. I would appreciate any feedback from present or past contractors. Thank you. ...

Hospital Medical Records Department
Nov 14, 2009

With HIPAA regulations tightening on who can get a carbon copy of a patient's medical record, MTs should NOT have the responsibility of sending any carbon copies at all.  All carbon copy requests for a patient's records should go directly to the hospital's medical records dept for a signed release verification from the patient for that copy to be sent.  Reports being sent from any outside provider without the proper signed release from the patient should be consider ...

My Hospital Outsourced Our Department Today.
Mar 01, 2010

I'm pretty bitter! ...

How The Hospital Department Covers Weekend Shifts/hours
Jan 24, 2014

I am curious if anyone is an at-home transcriptionist who works for a hospital and how the department covers weekend shifts/hours. Also curious what kind of hours you are required to work during the week and how many people are on the transcription team.  Or if you'd just share what your company does for scheduling and what the hours are.  I am looking for some ideas for our team.   Small hospital.  Weekend coverage only includes priority jobs (H&Ps). Thanks! ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

Has Anyone Reported A Company To The Department Of Labor For Unpaid Overtime?
Aug 06, 2011

If you have, can you explain the process?  Did you supply them with a weekly log of your hours?  Did you file to the state you reside or the Department of Labor where your company has its main office?  How long did it take to get your check;-)  How were you paid - did they figure an average hourly rate as we are paid per line?  Any info appreciated.  ...

Does Anyone Know Of Hospitals In Phoenix That Have A Transcription Department?
Aug 08, 2013

I will be relocating there soon for my husband's job and need to find another hospital or clinic transcription job. I'll wash dishes somewhere before I go back to one of the nationals after what I experienced with Nuance purchasing my wonderful company, so I'd really like to find something in a local hospital. If they let us work remote after a short training period, pretty much anywhere in Arizona would do. Feel free to send a private message if you don't any to cause a flo ...

AAMT Book Of Style To Be The Set Rules For Our Transcription Department?
Jan 19, 2010

I am currently looking for a new online job.  I have been doing medical transcription for nine years now but work for a small hospital.  I do not currently have, nor does my hospital require, the AAMT book of style to be the set rules for our transcription department.  We still use q.h.s. etc.  I recently had a job interview but blew it because the company requires their MTs to know the latest AAMT book of style front and back.  Is this a big deal to know this book word for word?  Wonderin ...

Hospital Outsource Company Name(s)
Aug 22, 2012

Is there a way to find out the name of the company or companies a hospital contracts with to do their transcription/editing?  ...

Hospital Transcription
Sep 06, 2012

Does anyone know of any hospitals in the U.S. currently hiring experienced MTs? I am in need of a good job with benefits that I can do from home. Please e-mail me with your response. Thanks in advance. ...

100% Production In Hospital Transcription
Mar 15, 2011

What does it mean to be paid by the hour, receive an incentive bonus and be able to work from home after attaining 100% productivity?  I'm sorry...I've been under a rock for a little while now.  How does one attain 100% productivity?  And thanks for not laughing at the old woman. ...

Hospital Transcription Advice
Jan 21, 2013

I just need some advice on a job possibility. Up until last year, I had worked as an at-home MT (ortho/PT, dabbled in other specialities when needed) for 6 years. I then quit that job as things were going downhill for the company and I needed something better. I found an office job P/T that paid well and was possibly going into a F/T position. Well, due to budget issues the job not only is not going F/T, but I am also lucky to still have my job at this point. So I started looking for work. I ...

CLINIC VERSUS HOSPITAL TRANSCRIPTION
May 03, 2010

Hi all!  Quick question, which one do you think you can type more lines a day on, using your short cuts, drop ins, templates, etc., clinic transcription or hospital and why?  I have been typing acute care hospital transcription for 7 years and am thinking of taking a clinic job, but the money is slightly less.  I figure it won't count that much if clinic is as fast as my physical therapy job was I had 8 years ago.  Thanks! ...

Hospital Transcription Supervisor Has Outside Service Hire Her Daughter In Law And Then
Dec 27, 2010

xx ...

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

Getting Back Into MT At A National...
Nov 11, 2010

I tried to post this on the company board but I guess that was the wrong place.  So I am sorry for having made that error.  I'm new to the forum, so I do apologize for any mistakes I make posting going forward  and well in advance of making them.  I do hope that I am putting this on the right board; however, if I am not some direction in that regard would be appreciated as well.  Where does a post like this belong exactly?  I do need some objective help with th ...

National Punctuation Day
Sep 03, 2012

FYI Monday, September 24, is National Punctuation Day.  Visit nationalpunctuationday.com to learn more. Let your QA people know about this day! ...

Proposed: National SR Celebration Day
Feb 04, 2012

It only takes Googling phrases like "celebration day", "recognition day", "remembrance day" and such to prove to yourself that we are a nation of celebrators, recognizers and rememberers.  To name but a few: National Doctors Day - March 30 National Nurses Day - May 6 National POW Day - 3rd Friday in September Make a Difference Day - 4th Saturday in October Earth Day - April 22 Administrative Professionals Day - April 25 International Chocolate Day - September 13 World Alzheimer Day ...

I Took An IC Job With A National And Haven't Really Ever Worked As An IC Before.
Apr 29, 2012

Basically, it's been working out fine until one day last week when I received an email from the transcription manager saying that was "short on my time" on one specific day.  I was confused because while I agreed to work first shift on specific days, I wasn't aware that I was strictly held to a specific schedule and wondered how they were keeping track of my hours worked because I do not punch a time clock.  I assume they are keeping track of the hours I'm logged onto th ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

National Holiday In India
Jan 25, 2013

I just read on line that today is a national holiday in India.  I was reading about the trial of the men who raped and killed that girl and the court will reconvene on Monday as today is a national holiday over there.  I wonder if that will mean more work for us?  Ya think??!! ...

I Thought It Was OUR National MT Week
May 18, 2015

MT week, Scottie? There go the 400 gift cards - straight to India ...

Baby Was Delivered By National Delivery.
Sep 24, 2010

Guess they took over for the stork?  My ASR has also taken a holiday from all small words today:  is, was, the, and, then, etc.  I guess it has been threatened to be more productive also.  Just skip half the words and voila -- twice the production.  That gets really tedious hour after hour.  Disclaimer:  I am happy to have a job.  Do not wish to find another one.  Too old for career change.  Thank you. ...

Easiest National MTSO To Get Hired By...?
Nov 13, 2010

Curious which national MTSO has the easiest tests to pass for a newbie or someone coming back to the field after an extended abscence... I've heard MQ is the hardest, andyone have any others they want to mention?  ...

NATIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST WEEK
Feb 21, 2011

National Medical Transcriptionist Week is May 16 - 22 What are you doing to celebrate it?  I'm looking for some creative ways for our work group to celebrate. ...

Anyone Who Works For A National Work Christmas Day? (msg)
Dec 27, 2011

What was your total pay for the day?  Do most pay on-call time? ...

Anyone Know Of National Companies That Provide Computer? Sm
Mar 04, 2012

I am facing layoff at the end of March and looking for at home work, but do not have and cannot afford a computer.... ...

National Labor Relations Board, Says
Dec 09, 2014

discuss your pay in public as much as you would like. It is the law.  It does not matter if you have signed a nondisclosure statement on salary as that is not legal. If you are fired for talking about your salary you have legal grounds for compensation. Of course distributing copyrighted material is illegal, but you can talk about your work concerns and salary in public. It is the law no matter what a company tells you. You do not have to be part of a union. You have rights as an employee ...

NATIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST STRIKE! ..
Feb 19, 2015

As MTs, we have seen over the years how our jobs just keep bottoming out more or less.  Companies are taking advantage of us while they "suck up all the money" that is paid out by healthcare facilities; we just "don't count."  On top of that, companies are now trying to turn us into ICs supplying our own software programs AND equipment.  In 25 years of doing this, I have not seen line count pay increase one iota quite frankly.  The only thing I can think of is ...

? Department
Jun 13, 2012

The patient was sent from the "integ" department to detox for alcohol detox.    ? department ?   Thanks. ...