A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

when i wasn't typing or playing the recording, i was... - aqua

Posted: Dec 03, 2010

reading the client profile

looking up a word in my stedman's books

looking for help in past dictations by same doc or about same patient

they are so clueless

took out my headphones and kept foot on the pedal - even when I was

[ In Reply To ..]
researching. I am "super producer" today typing 59 1/2 minutes out of 60!!!!!!

Use a brick - then ctrl-M

[ In Reply To ..]
A brick on the foot pedal, not to your head. lol

I did not have a loose brick laying around, but - I did look for something

[ In Reply To ..]
heavy enough to keep the pedal moving when I had to go pee so I can be 60/60 minutes!!!!!!

LOL! You know your job is crummy when you have - to put a brick on the pedal so you can use the res

[ In Reply To ..]
Soon they'll be mailing us non-removable GPS ankle bracelets.....
...the restroom. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Recording Of Doc Cheating
Apr 24, 2012

I got a dictation which has incontrovertible audible and spoken evidence that the doctor who had the recorder is having an affair on his wife.  This makes me want to vomit.  Any ideas what to do?  I would really like to expose him somehow.  I still have the recording.        ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Recommend A Recording Device?
Oct 03, 2011

One of my clients is going digital (finally) and looking for a good dictation device. Can anyone recommend good ones and perhaps warn me what NOT to buy? Thanks in advance. ...

Documed - Horrible Test Recording
Feb 28, 2011

I tried to listen to the file provided for an orthopedic test for a job with Documed.  It was a horrible recording.  Forget this! ...

How To Transcribe From A Recording Using Foot Pedal?
Dec 03, 2014

I have to transcribe something that was recorded WITHOUT benefit of a transcription program. It's just a recording (I think it's on the Internet right now). It wasn't recorded via any sort of transcription program that I can sync up with a foot pedal, and it wasn't recorded on a tape or anything. Does anybody know if there's a way that I can use my foot pedal to transcribe this? (I really HATE to transcribe it without use of a foot pedal - obviously, it's going to t ...

Wasn't There Something
May 22, 2012

aka Showdown at the Okay Corral INSERT MUSICAL SIGN HERE Look all around there's nothing but brown skyyyy.  Look straight ahead there's nothing but blue skyyyyyyy.  It's gonna be a briiiiight, bright, bright, bright sun shiny day.  END MUSICAL SIGN HERE Think of the Transcend lawsuit as the second SATOC.  Guess what.  There is possibly going to be a third SATOC.  The inept and corrupt no longer get to prevail without a showdown. It's occurring ...

I Wasn't Sure If I Should Be Using Commas Here
Apr 18, 2010

I wasn't sure if I should be using commas here and make this one long sentence, or if it is correct as is...also, I wasn't sure if "forward flex" is correct. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Physical exam revealed that he can forward (flex) about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation. "Physical exam revealed that he can forward flex about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation." Then it goes onto the n ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

Was Told I Wasn't Paid Enough To Put Up With
Dec 02, 2009

the bickerings of his office staff.  Mind you, I make great per hour pay with this doctor, so I cannot complain about his pay, but for him to acknowledge that he was aware how valuable my time is really put a smile on my face.  His office wanted me to do something for them and I propose charging them (not him) $25/hour.  He told me I had undercut myself and was worth more.  :)  This was something they need to take care of internally and he told me he will tell them not t ...

OK, I Know I Wasn't Dreaming Last Night When I ...
Mar 10, 2011

tried several times to go to this site and it either would not load or a couple of times it went to some totally different site...had a picture of a dog on it, forget what the text on it said but it was something similar to "MT stars". Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I gave up getting on the site last night and this morning the site came right up. ...

So My 98.8% Quality Wasn't Good Enough...
Nov 05, 2013

Here's how I handled being ridiculed by my TM for "allowing" my Fiesa post audits to slip to below 99% - even though the average with the QC scores was well above 99%. I found another job.  One that isn't ridiculous in their QA and believes that the standard 98% quality is excellent.  I'm not asked to spend hours of my time "off the clock" reviewing QA mistakes and have not had them incorrectly count off because all scores are reviewed by a head person before they are s ...

Guess 1 Hour MOT A Day Wasn't Enough, Now Want 2 MOT (South BR)! Right, This Job Is So
Apr 02, 2015

wonderful, fulfilling (and let's not forget soo well paying), let me just give up the rest of my life!  Yeah, right.  These folks are totally nuts - no, wait, that would be a valid excuse.  They're just plain STUPID - and clueless. ...

So Has Silent Type Gone Belly Up? I Wasn't Sure Judging Sm
Feb 26, 2012

from the posts below.  I almost accepted a position with them a few months ago, so kinda scary.  It seems nowadays the only thing you can count on is that you cannot count on anything.  ...

Line Count Wasn't Quite adding Up
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone felt like their line count wasn't quite adding up to what it should be in the past week or is it just my imagination?       ...

Not Playing This Game
Mar 16, 2010

I've been reading all the posts on here, I have read the emails from Medquist. I don't do this job for fun.  I do it to get paid.  If I have to spend all my time looking up old reports and trying to figure out what this doctor mumbled or that one said when his head was underwater, my line counts will go down...meaning less pay. And yet if I send blanks to the client that get audited and THEY think I could have found the information, I go back on 100% QA... hence less pay. ...

Are We Playing Limbo?
Jan 10, 2012

On another site, they are advertising for an IC position at 6.5-7.5 cents a line.   Bleak. ...

Commercial Ads Playing In Background...
Jun 05, 2015

I've been having this problem recently. Whenever I'm on computer, whether it be looking at a website, reading email, etc., I will intermittently have commercial ads (audio) play in the background. I've had my ISP do tune-ups and malaware/virus removal twice in the last two days. Today, after being on Internet for 30 minutes, there it was again; a commercial for ice cream. How can I work listening to dictations with commercials playing at the same time? Does anyone know what is goi ...

Transcend Is Playing Pac Man In The Business World
Aug 01, 2011

They're very busy buying up everything in sight apparently...see article below (this just announced 2 hours ago apparently). ...

Audio Stopped Playing On DocQScribe
Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine. Thanks in advance!! ...

Express Scribe Not Playing The End Of Audio
Jan 25, 2013

Hello, Express Scribe Pro won't play until the end of some my files. It cuts it off a few seconds to a minute before it's over.  Is there some kind of setting that I need to change to fix this? TIA! ...

.wav Files Not Playing In Express Scribe, WMP, Etc.
Apr 23, 2013

I have been sent a number of .wav files.  Express scribe can't play them, and is opening them as multi-channel files. Windows Media player isn't playing them. VLC isn't. Real Player isn't.   I have renamed them, and downloaded updated drivers for my sound card. I have tried multiple computers.  Another MT on the account is having the same issue.   Any other thoughts or suggestions on this?  MTSO is able to play them okay on her wave player. & ...

Playing MP3 Files On Express Scribe
Jun 19, 2013

Hello All, I am hoping someone might have some quick help for me. I have just started a new account, did a test file last night, downloaded an MP3 file to Express Scribe. This is my first experience with MP3 files. Tonight I am starting actual work for this new company, did all that I did last night in terms of downloading and ES acts as though it is playing but I am getting no sound. A little window is now open on express scribe that I have never seen before and it has two channels listed. Can ...

Looking For A Good Company Is Like Playing The Lottery
Jan 09, 2014

not everyone wins.   There are happy MTs at every company, depending on whether one gets a good account, good supervisor, straight typing, etc., or not.  Total game of chance with many variables.   ...

MM Playing Witj Line Count
Aug 13, 2014

Checked line count and wrote it down.  5 jobs later, checked line count.  It showed that I had done the 5 jobs, but line count had not changed.  Are they skimming again.  Anybody else notice this.  Do a check and see if you are having the same issue.  Thanks.  I think we are being cheated.  Twice the work, half the pay. ...

Playing An Itunes File In A WAV Player
Feb 11, 2015

I have a new account that sends voice files via Itunes but I have a gear player.  How do I convert to a wma or mp3 files?   ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

We Will Check A CK S/l Agoloase To Make Sure That His Simvastatin Is Not Playing A Role With His Mya
Mar 02, 2013

Patient with kidney disease.  We will check a CK s/l agoloase to make sure that his simvastatin is not playing a role with his myalgias ...

Ears Playing Tricks? S/l "golden Effusion Stutter"
Feb 05, 2010

Sentence: At arthroscopy he had a s/l "golden effusion stutter" with few cartinaginous fragments. Makes no sense but I can't get my head wrapped around it. Any ideas? ...

S/l "RTB11 Playing Cast" For Football
Sep 14, 2011

Hi, The patient is a teenager with a displaced Salter II fracture of the index finger.  The cast is so he can play football.  I'm really coming up empty handed on my google search this time. I found 2 (count em TWO) results for RTV-11 cast, which is something but doesn't really build my confidence. Thanks! ...

Typing Without QA
Apr 06, 2010

You know, I think I am typing better and faster without the fear of QA hanging over me.  I never thought they were extremely helpful anyways.  Usually they couldn't fill in the blanks and just nit-picked the report like a pecking bird.  I have never had a report sent back from a client (knock on wood) because they were unhappy with anything.  I spent far more time trying to please QA than the hospitals and doctors (and have told my supervisor that more than once).  ...