A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

audio stopped playing on DocQScribe - kcmt

Posted: Jan 06, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with the audio stopping?  I was in the middle of a report and my audio stopped playing.  I checked my foot pedal and all seems well there.  I even tried to use the CTRL space to make it play...nothing.  Interestingly, the FF and REW functions appear to be working fine.

Thanks in advance!!

I have had that happen. - I signed out and rebooted computer, that solved it

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe Not Playing The End Of Audio
Jan 25, 2013

Hello, Express Scribe Pro won't play until the end of some my files. It cuts it off a few seconds to a minute before it's over.  Is there some kind of setting that I need to change to fix this? TIA! ...

Medquist DocQscribe Audio Files
Dec 17, 2013

I want to know where are the audio files of DocQscribe 7.1 are located.  I want to play the files in external player like express scribe or wav pedal.  If anyone knows where files are located, please tell me. ...

DocQScribe Audio Not Loading/slow Loading
Dec 20, 2010

Is anyone having trouble with DocQScribe audio files not loading or loading slowly this morning? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If MQ Stopped Matching
Mar 27, 2011

401k contributions?  I know they had a 50% match back a long time ago when I was first hired. I heard something about them not matching anymore?  Anyone know if this is true? I wouldn't be surprised with what they have already and continue to take from us.  Watching Suze Orman show; she says if your company doesn't match to stop contributing and start a Roth IRA.  ...

Has Anyone Stopped Doing MME Work?
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone been an MT, MME, and ASR and then quit doing the MME part and gone back to just MT and ASR work?   If so, did it make any difference in your paycheck for better or worse?  How did your workflow change?  Are you glad you quit doing MME work or would you like to go back to it again?    Also, has anyone actually switched positions within MModal or Medquist from being an MT to something like a virtual customer service representative or something that is still ...

Has Anyone's Company Stopped Using B.i.d.?
Jan 11, 2013

On a recent transcription test I was informed that it was not used by that facility anymore.  Just curious if it was particular to them or a new thing I have not heard of.  ...

Not Playing This Game
Mar 16, 2010

I've been reading all the posts on here, I have read the emails from Medquist. I don't do this job for fun.  I do it to get paid.  If I have to spend all my time looking up old reports and trying to figure out what this doctor mumbled or that one said when his head was underwater, my line counts will go down...meaning less pay. And yet if I send blanks to the client that get audited and THEY think I could have found the information, I go back on 100% QA... hence less pay. ...

Are We Playing Limbo?
Jan 10, 2012

On another site, they are advertising for an IC position at 6.5-7.5 cents a line.   Bleak. ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Coding Program Stopped
May 14, 2014

Just got an email from our manager saying they are stopping the program for the next week or so until they get the bugs worked out.   We are supposed to type until they figure out their next step.  Some of the students still don't have the encoder program.  I think a big part of it is because of the ruling to delay ICD9.  Who knows if it will start back up again.     Will keep you guys posted.  ...

Commercial Ads Playing In Background...
Jun 05, 2015

I've been having this problem recently. Whenever I'm on computer, whether it be looking at a website, reading email, etc., I will intermittently have commercial ads (audio) play in the background. I've had my ISP do tune-ups and malaware/virus removal twice in the last two days. Today, after being on Internet for 30 minutes, there it was again; a commercial for ice cream. How can I work listening to dictations with commercials playing at the same time? Does anyone know what is goi ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Finally Sick Of It And Just Stopped Typing...YAY! Nm
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Failing Audit Stuff Has Stopped
Apr 28, 2014

that the failing audit stuff has stopped. Was this an effort to get us to slow way the heck down so they could lower our PTO rate? ...

Is It Just Me Or Have MTSOs Stopped The Stupid Testing?
Oct 28, 2014

The last 3 job offers required no testing at all, just a casual phone interview. What gives? ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

When I Wasn't Typing Or Playing The Recording, I Was...
Dec 03, 2010

reading the client profile looking up a word in my stedman's books looking for help in past dictations by same doc or about same patient they are so clueless ...

Transcend Is Playing Pac Man In The Business World
Aug 01, 2011

They're very busy buying up everything in sight apparently...see article below (this just announced 2 hours ago apparently). ...

.wav Files Not Playing In Express Scribe, WMP, Etc.
Apr 23, 2013

I have been sent a number of .wav files.  Express scribe can't play them, and is opening them as multi-channel files. Windows Media player isn't playing them. VLC isn't. Real Player isn't.   I have renamed them, and downloaded updated drivers for my sound card. I have tried multiple computers.  Another MT on the account is having the same issue.   Any other thoughts or suggestions on this?  MTSO is able to play them okay on her wave player. & ...

Playing MP3 Files On Express Scribe
Jun 19, 2013

Hello All, I am hoping someone might have some quick help for me. I have just started a new account, did a test file last night, downloaded an MP3 file to Express Scribe. This is my first experience with MP3 files. Tonight I am starting actual work for this new company, did all that I did last night in terms of downloading and ES acts as though it is playing but I am getting no sound. A little window is now open on express scribe that I have never seen before and it has two channels listed. Can ...

Looking For A Good Company Is Like Playing The Lottery
Jan 09, 2014

not everyone wins.   There are happy MTs at every company, depending on whether one gets a good account, good supervisor, straight typing, etc., or not.  Total game of chance with many variables.   ...

MM Playing Witj Line Count
Aug 13, 2014

Checked line count and wrote it down.  5 jobs later, checked line count.  It showed that I had done the 5 jobs, but line count had not changed.  Are they skimming again.  Anybody else notice this.  Do a check and see if you are having the same issue.  Thanks.  I think we are being cheated.  Twice the work, half the pay. ...

Playing An Itunes File In A WAV Player
Feb 11, 2015

I have a new account that sends voice files via Itunes but I have a gear player.  How do I convert to a wma or mp3 files?   ...

My Windows Live Mail Stopped Working
Sep 22, 2013

I refuse to talk to Phil in India, does anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up so I can reinstall it? Please ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

S/L EX-JATE For Iron Overload, Which Was Stopped Due To Allergic Reaction.
Oct 21, 2009

thank you ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Grammar Errors Stopped Checking In Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

All of the sudden Microsoft Word 2007 stopped checking grammar.  I went to proofing and the box is checked for "Hide grammar errors in this document only."  However, the box cannot be unchecked.  It is like this for all documents, even new ones.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks so much. ...

We Will Check A CK S/l Agoloase To Make Sure That His Simvastatin Is Not Playing A Role With His Mya
Mar 02, 2013

Patient with kidney disease.  We will check a CK s/l agoloase to make sure that his simvastatin is not playing a role with his myalgias ...

Ears Playing Tricks? S/l "golden Effusion Stutter"
Feb 05, 2010

Sentence: At arthroscopy he had a s/l "golden effusion stutter" with few cartinaginous fragments. Makes no sense but I can't get my head wrapped around it. Any ideas? ...