A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So my 98.8% quality wasn't good enough... - happynow

Posted: Nov 05, 2013

Here's how I handled being ridiculed by my TM for "allowing" my Fiesa post audits to slip to below 99% - even though the average with the QC scores was well above 99%.

I found another job.  One that isn't ridiculous in their QA and believes that the standard 98% quality is excellent.  I'm not asked to spend hours of my time "off the clock" reviewing QA mistakes and have not had them incorrectly count off because all scores are reviewed by a head person before they are sent to the MT.

I encourage those of you who are feeling beaten down to look elsewhere.  There are plenty of jobs out there for MTs at companies that pay decent and respect you instead of looking to beat you up. 

98,8 - 7thchild

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the encouragement! I need to do that. I have been doing this for 22 years. I feel like a scolded child when they came down on me when I went from 99 to 98.17! Still say Voice Rec is the worst though. Lab numbers come up as dates. Ages are wrong. The patient goes back from he to she over and over. The numbering of items is always wrong. All of this WE have to fix and get paid pennies to do it!

98.8 quality - stressedout

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the doctors should also have to get 99.6% accuracy! If they all didn't suck at dictating we would all pass our audits!

QA standards at Nuance - right behind you. n.m.

[ In Reply To ..]

Good for you. I'm in the process of looking myself. - I hate this job. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Accuracy - very close

[ In Reply To ..]
The last straw for me is so very close. Almost quit this week after another tyranical email from my psycho TSM - really have had enough of the ridiculously long emails with discipline threats, termination threats, or there is no flexibility you must work your shift, IT IS NOT OK - "it's a real job - treat it as such." And then will turn around in the next note and ask for all hands or deck - huh? Get out of your bubble. Praying for that last straw....I am almost done with MT anyway. Have been working on something else for a while and am almost there. This place has officially sucked the life out of me and for what? Outta here soon :)

Accuracy, etc - 7thchild

[ In Reply To ..]
And, what is with treating us like firemen? "We need everyone to log on right now and get these numbers down! If you're working now, stay on an hour longer! The holidays are coming! Or getting an email on your days off.... "If everyone just does 10 reports we will be in good shape..." Excuse me. If you want me to rush in to put out fires, pay me like a fireman! I don't even make minimum wage!
And I love when the accounts are low - you can try XXX accounts who need help
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, when QA/QC are clamping down on every little error and line counts are suffering already even with my well known accounts?

You want me to "try" a new account with a whole new set of possible timebombs waiting to be pounced on and the potential to do a whopping 100 lph and get pounced on for that? No thanks.
You guys should email back and tell the TSMs that. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That you would like to be paid overtime wages for the overtime work, or you've gotten bad audits or whatever so you're not willing to take the risk of a new account where your error rate will be higher.

Sarcasm, intended, of course, but it's the truth.

98.8% quality - burnedoutco

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you! Good luck. On post audit, mostly I get 100% but on Fiesa another matter. Can get a 92% score for missing a comma where they think it should be and "invalid blanks." I just spent over an hour reviewing in Fiesa,sending out reversal requests to my supervisor for just ridiculous things. One QC says you should do this, one says that, nothing is consistent. It is good to know you are not alone and you are not the most incompetent person alive because they make you feel that way. The threat of termination is always there also. What a way to live! It is good being able to vent and, last time I checked, free speech is still okay in this great country of ours. That being said, maybe we need to stop complaining so much because no one is forcing us to work here. The way it is, is the way it is, accept it is not going to change. If you are unhappy with something, get out, make plans,get educated, do something,or make the best of where you are right now. Do something,if not today, sometime in the future. I do the very best job I can in the meantime.

I've been running 98+ % for 2 years. s/m - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a MT for over 20 years. I have never had such low scores before this place. I have not had a score of 99% plus for 2 years now. I was hoping they'd just fire me, but obviously so many people are quitting, they need all the warm bodies they can get.

I really wish they'd fire me so I could collect UE and then find a DECENT company to work for.

Similar Messages:

Are There Any Good Quality Fairly Inexpensive Alternatives To ExpressScribe?
Sep 28, 2013

Was given some sample dictation to listen to and could play it on Google Chrome and it sounded very clear, but when I played it with Express Scribe (even using the special audio processes) it sounded a lot worse - more like in a tin can and a bit scratchy. For the "real" dictation, I'll have to use ExpressScribe or some other player. Thanks for the suggestions. ...

Which Of The AHIMA-approved Coding Programs Are Good Quality?
May 08, 2014

Has anyone taken any of the AHIMA-approved coding programs and gotten credentials and a job? I'm just wondering which of them prepare you adequately to pass the credential tests and get hired. I looked on the AHIMA site at the distance learning coding programs they recommend, and here they are: Camden County College Career Step Dakota State University Great Falls College Montana State University Lone Star College North Dakota State College of Science Santa Barbara City College Shor ...

Wasn't There Something
May 22, 2012

aka Showdown at the Okay Corral INSERT MUSICAL SIGN HERE Look all around there's nothing but brown skyyyy.  Look straight ahead there's nothing but blue skyyyyyyy.  It's gonna be a briiiiight, bright, bright, bright sun shiny day.  END MUSICAL SIGN HERE Think of the Transcend lawsuit as the second SATOC.  Guess what.  There is possibly going to be a third SATOC.  The inept and corrupt no longer get to prevail without a showdown. It's occurring ...

I Wasn't Sure If I Should Be Using Commas Here
Apr 18, 2010

I wasn't sure if I should be using commas here and make this one long sentence, or if it is correct as is...also, I wasn't sure if "forward flex" is correct. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Physical exam revealed that he can forward (flex) about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation. "Physical exam revealed that he can forward flex about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation." Then it goes onto the n ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

Was Told I Wasn't Paid Enough To Put Up With
Dec 02, 2009

the bickerings of his office staff.  Mind you, I make great per hour pay with this doctor, so I cannot complain about his pay, but for him to acknowledge that he was aware how valuable my time is really put a smile on my face.  His office wanted me to do something for them and I propose charging them (not him) $25/hour.  He told me I had undercut myself and was worth more.  :)  This was something they need to take care of internally and he told me he will tell them not t ...

OK, I Know I Wasn't Dreaming Last Night When I ...
Mar 10, 2011

tried several times to go to this site and it either would not load or a couple of times it went to some totally different site...had a picture of a dog on it, forget what the text on it said but it was something similar to "MT stars". Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I gave up getting on the site last night and this morning the site came right up. ...

When I Wasn't Typing Or Playing The Recording, I Was...
Dec 03, 2010

reading the client profile looking up a word in my stedman's books looking for help in past dictations by same doc or about same patient they are so clueless ...

Guess 1 Hour MOT A Day Wasn't Enough, Now Want 2 MOT (South BR)! Right, This Job Is So
Apr 02, 2015

wonderful, fulfilling (and let's not forget soo well paying), let me just give up the rest of my life!  Yeah, right.  These folks are totally nuts - no, wait, that would be a valid excuse.  They're just plain STUPID - and clueless. ...

So Has Silent Type Gone Belly Up? I Wasn't Sure Judging Sm
Feb 26, 2012

from the posts below.  I almost accepted a position with them a few months ago, so kinda scary.  It seems nowadays the only thing you can count on is that you cannot count on anything.  ...

Line Count Wasn't Quite adding Up
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone felt like their line count wasn't quite adding up to what it should be in the past week or is it just my imagination?       ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

From Below, About 99% Quality
May 22, 2011

slowly sinking here because my quality has always been 98-100 quality, years and years. Now, however, I am expected to maintain 99% quality, on a hideously difficult account, but I must also maintain my LPH. In other words, I have to listen to reports on the fastest speed I can to get my LPH yet maintain some form of quality. The reports go to QA who in turn listen at the slowest possible speed to give errors for not including 'the' and mind you this cannot even be heard unless you ...

DQS 7 Quality
Jun 13, 2012

What is everyone's opinion about the new speech engine?  I'm not talking about the user side....I mean the quality of it's speech recognition.  I thought it was supposed to be so much better, but I'm finding it to be terrible.  There are times when it leaves out 3 and 4 words and puts in words that are not even close (i.e., family history when the doc clearly says social history)!  That, and the sound quality SUCKS! Here's another example:  Dic ...

Quality 2.0
Oct 04, 2014

So this was the "exciting news" that we've all been waiting for? What a waste of time this was.  I nearly fell asleep. ...

New Quality 2.0
Oct 12, 2014

Fiesa score over 99%, however the new quality index less than 60.  I can see the writing on the wall. ...

New Quality Coach
Jun 09, 2010

Just got an email about getting a new quality coach.  This, of course, answers my question of why no emails for the past week from her.  I hope she didn't lose her job.  She was a really good coach, the best one I've had in the last 7 years, and wasn't one who corrected little things like punctuation in audits or things that made no difference in the report integrity.  She is one I will miss.  I only hope the new one is also with a strong QA ...

DSG- Sound Quality
Jul 18, 2010

I'm trying to troubleshoot something.  Does anyone else have sound-quality issues on DSG dictations?  Just curious if I should seriously have this looked at on my end.  It's not all reports, but enough so that I need to look into it one way or the other.  If I'm the only one, I'll hire someone to look into this.  I have no problems with audio otherwise, just work-wise. ...

Quality Alert Because Of Being Below 99%
Jul 21, 2010

Do they expect 99% now? ...

Quality Alert
Oct 13, 2010

I received a quality alert feedback that I had failed and wanted to know if anybody knew if this was an actual audit or what?  And if so, has this happened to anyone and what happens?  Thanks. ...

Quality Of Dictation
Jan 09, 2011

I work for MedQuist.  Why is it some days I get pretty decent dictation with some bad ones mixed in there and then all of a sudden there will be days I have bad quality dictation all day? Anybody else? ...

Quality Audits-sm
May 02, 2011

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.  I received a quality audit on 4/25 on my audit, which I passed at 98.3% (had one icky one in there).  Then on 4/29 got another email of an audit of 5 reports, did not give a total score, but they were all pretty darn good (3 at 100%, 1 at 98, 1 at 98.75).  Then on 4/30, another email, they checked 3 more reports (all those above 98% too).  But what is going on, are they searching for something bad?  Are they doin ...

Do Any Companies Pay For QUALITY?
Sep 05, 2011

I have many years of experience and check my work very carefully, which obviously takes more time than people who put through crap and don't bother to edit whatever the speech engine throws their way. Do any companies pay for quality over quanitity?  I do meet the minimum line counts. ...

Can The Sound Quality
Sep 07, 2011

I've done this account forever and even the guys who were always clear now sound like they are dictating through a wet paper bag, with pebbles in their mouths.  Have they switched to India Bell? ...