A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

mixed feelings on having to resign today. sm - longlonglongtimeMQemployee

Posted: Sep 23, 2011

It is with much emotion that I had to turn my resignation in today with the Q.  I have been with this company since it was TL back in 1994.  I have seen everything, good and bad to worse.  And yes, there were good times.  I kept the same primary account for the entire time of my tenure here.  Of that I was thankful.   I am very, very ill and lost my medical benefits back in 2002 when my health as well as my DH's became bad.  I have been lucky in the CCM's I have had, compassionate and caring.  Some lost due to "conflicts" and that was sad. 

No bashing, and I have posted many times my dismay at the continued decline of our profession, MQ being at the lead of that.

I will stay in touch, as this ol' dog may be tired, but I just could not wait another 3 years for early retirement.  My kidneys are failing and the stress is literally killing me.  I will get better now, already I feel as if the weight of 1,000 horses have been lifted. 

In God who Always Strengthens.  Keep your faith my fellow friends and coworkers of many years, even though we are few those who have been here as long as I.

Best of luck to you - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Best wishes to you and your husband. Better things are on the horizon for you.

amazing how someone can work for the health professionals - for so long and not have health insurance

[ In Reply To ..]
it's just wrong, wrong, wrong. So many things are so wrong here. I started with TL a few years after you, and I am hoping to leave ASAP. Good luck to you.

From a TL '98 to you... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope you have a long, peaceful retirement. Be happy now.

God Bless.

I go way back, too - TL employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I started with TL in 1992. That's when things were good, and we were rewarded for our efforts. I still miss some of the gals who worked in the office. I was so sorry to hear Eileen passed away. Good luck to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Started in 1981 - Trampled underfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
I was sorry too to hear about Eileen. I find myself nostalgic for the old days, when John himself would call and I'd be panicking wondering whether he was going to chew me out or give me a new hospital and even sometimes a raise!

I wish he'd get back into this business and start a new company. I'd kiss his feet to get him to hire me!

To the OP, I hope for better things for you in the future. God bless.

You are so right! - TL employee

[ In Reply To ..]
John ran a tight ship, but he was keeping an eye on who did a good job. If you did, he rewarded you. When he retired things really went downhill.

Eileen was a true professional. She really knew her business and was always there for us. She had the greatest sense of humor, and I remember times when we both could not stop laughing on the phone. I still miss her. I became close to Raylene, too. She died in 2000, I believe.

Wishing you good luck - Former TL,LTD/MQer

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you...God bless. Sorry to hear of your health problems and lack of insurance. Very sad. I, too, worked for TL, LTD, started in 1990s, and then MQ, but left MQ 8 years ago. TL was a great company to work for back then.

Dear Mixed Feelings.. - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know how you feel. I started at an MT with eDix in 2001, we were sold to another company, and became Spheris. I loved being an MT. Then Spheris was sold to the Q, and shortly after that the demise of my career began. I went to PT after the first pay cut. Then another pay cut, more expected for less pay, then my account of 10 years just vanished one morning. It was day before I had to give my now full-time employer an answer, and I was really struggling with the decision in spite of all the bad things going on. That day my account went away, I gave a 2-day notice (why stick around with no work?) I remember posting to my FB page how bittersweet it was to leave.... I so wish things could have been different. I like my new job, and make good money, but part of me is still a transcriptionist. Best of luck to you in the future with your health and all you do! God Bless!

Similar Messages:

Many Mixed Enterics?
Jul 07, 2013

Mini mixed enterics in a culture or many mixed enteric colonization?  Help!  ...

Mixed Number Vitals
Aug 04, 2010

I have a new doctor who gave his vital signs as follows: "90/72, 125, 18, 99.6, and 92%".  The first (bp) and last two (temp and pulse ox) are self explanatory.  I don't know what the 125 and 18 mean, though.  I'm sure this is one I'll kick myself over. Thanks in advance for your help. ...

We Should All Resign...
Dec 23, 2010

I say we all send Ms.Thing an e-mail with RESIGNATION in the subject line.  That could be her Christmas bonus. If we'd all stuck together the very first time they cut our pay, we might have a leg to stand on now. Screw it.  I'm having a big ol frosty margarita!   ...

Transcend Production Straight Typing Mixed With VR
Oct 06, 2011

Hi, I was hoping someone who works for Transcend could give me a round about of how many straight typing jobs you have versus VR.  The VR is Escription.  I am about to start with them, but I am nervous that I won't make any money.  If you could give me an average of how many lines you get straight typing and how many come from VR?  If you would like to email me that's fine.     Thank you, :)  ...

How Do You Resign Nicely?
Oct 12, 2011

I have a bit of a dilemma. I took on a 2nd job with a very nice (albeit small) facility. It wasn't my first choice of specialties but now I have been moved to an even different one than hired for and it's taking me all day to get stuff done (3 jobs totally 14 minutes took 1 hour and 22 minutes to type and I am not slow). It's all completely foreign to me and I am not making any money (about $3/hour at this rate). I would like to let her know that I will no longer be working fo ...

How Do We Resign From MModal? I Can't
Apr 27, 2013

find any information under HR in MModal Central.  I finally have had enough of NJA throughout my shift. ...

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

My Feelings About Remedy Or Remedial
Apr 18, 2012

Another "exciting new program" that doesn't work.  Can't log in and have to spend my time calling support.  No mention of compensation for doing the training.  I have probably sent in one ticket in the last year.  Even if I do the training for Remedial, I am probably going to forget it before I have to use it or they will change it yet again before I have to use it.  So I think I am going to pass.  If the need for it ever comes up and they can't accom ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

Does Anyone Have Good Feelings About The OTI Split?
Sep 27, 2014

d ...

Anyone Who Was Fired, Quit, Or Forced To Resign
Jun 17, 2011

Did you apply for unemployment, did you get it, did you have to appeal?  I have never lived off the system and figured I payed into it for my entire adult life, and have reached a point where I need financial assistance.  I was asked to resign due to being unable to work due to physical inabilty on my part and am stuck, so I applied for it.  Just looking for some good news from other MQ employees. ...

Any Feelings On ScribeRight MT Job? I Am Considering Applying For An MT Position.
Oct 16, 2012

Has anyone got any ideas about working as an MT for ScribeRight? I see the DMT job is frustrating, but they post help ad for MT? Anyone working or have worked that could shed some light because I am considering applying. ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

If Resign Within 2 Months Is A 2-week Notice Required
Jan 12, 2010

e-mailed CCM Monday but have not heard back.  Need to mail back equipment.  Anyone know what the procedures are.  I am waiting to hear back from CCM before doing the 2 weeks, because don't want to if I don't have to.  I have received 2 weeks of training pay at $10 per hour. ...

Survey - Feelings Be Known Regarding QA/QC And Losing Incentive For 3 Months
Jul 30, 2012

I think everyone should take the survey that was in our e-mail this morning.  Supposedly it is anonymous.  In the last box, I certainly let my feelings be known regarding QA/QC and losing incentive for 3 months based on BS QA/QC scores that are never reversed when challenged.  I know it won't matter but at least they will know how unhappy we are.  There were actually a lot of good questions that pertain to things I have seen discussed on this board.  ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

Today Is When I Let It All Go
Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare. I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble. ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...