A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone have good feelings about the OTI split? - :o(

Posted: Sep 27, 2014

d

No!!! - and sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Even tho it is a paycut, I figured a bird in the hand was worth 2 in the bush, but the communication with the "new half" of OTI is really just as bad. All of my accounts went to the "new half" and haven't been told if I can type on them or not.

Wow .. I was hoping no one would have accepted their awful rate of pay. sm - OMG

[ In Reply To ..]
6-1/2 cpl with no spaces equals about 5 cpl, for IC work! I think the sisters wanted to pay a decent wage and the greedy Mercedes types wanted to fatten their coffers more, hence the split. JMO, though. I will work at McDonalds before I accept such insulting wages. If people accept such crap wages, MTSOs will continue to lower the pay scale.

OTI - Former OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I was new hired when the T account first came on. Plenty of work at the beginning, dwindled to nothing at the end. I did not have a positive experience with OTI with lack of communication, nasty emails, promises for getting different accounts to supplement the dwindling T account never materializing. I do not know why you would put the "sisters" on a pedestal because it certainly was not my experience. Waiting for work to come, does not pay the bills. It is not about the MT that is for sure.
Sorry to hear - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that you had that experience. It has not been mine, is all I can say. I worked on a very large account when I was first hired years ago, and it first went to VR and then disappeared entirely. Eventually more accounts were given to me to replace what I lost - it didn't happen right away, but it did happen - and as of right now I am swamped with work, but on Wednesday I'll be unemployed. So, that didn't work out so hot in the end I guess! I am hoping I will hear from the sisters because I have said, my experience with OTI has been overall very positive, but in the meantime I intend to get busy looking for work. Can't put all my eggs in one basket.
I do not have the sisters on a pedestal, but I do believe they sm - OMG
[ In Reply To ..]
are better than the Mercedes team (would not have to be much to beat them). I genuinely like the sisters, but that does not put food on the table or pay my rent. I was with the T account as well and was disappointed (to say the least) in the way that was all handled. I did what I had to do and found FT employment elsewhere. The work I have done for OTI has dwindled to almost nothing, and I suppose it is time to say goodbye. It just seems hard to let go, for some reason, but I should let someone else who needs it have the tiny bit of work that I have. I am sorry you had a bad experience. I doubt any experience with an MTSO is a garden of roses nowadays, although I am starting a new part-time job for a small company that shows promise, headed by 2 women, but not sisters. :-)

Question for IC - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never been IC but isn't there a contract, and by lowering the pay wouldn't that be breaking that contract?
The company is splitting, so new contracts are issued. nm - hth
[ In Reply To ..]

Not born yesterday - buns

[ In Reply To ..]
Problems on âoldâ OTI side also. Not sure how many of the accounts the sisters were able to keep in the split will have enough work or even be around long after October 1. (Those of you on this account know which one I am referring to, cannot mention account names here.)

If you are experiencing troubling signs on your account and wondering what is going on, Google the facility associated with your account for some answers.

Letâs remember we are only valuable while being kept in the dark working and too busy to check things out for ourselves.

"The Sisters of Perpetual Wage Shrinkage". - hahahaha! ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

they must be friends with Our Lady of Perpetual Acceleration. - blues brothers fan (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I'm not sure, but I know it's going to be sllim pickin's for the next couple months! - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Similar Messages:

Share The Same Feelings?
Feb 17, 2015

I get several audits within the "acceptable" range and a "well done." Now, I get a mid-month audit where I fail the standard. ARGH!!! I hate this constant up and down.  Envy those who are able to achieve 100% and get whopping line counts.  Not happening  for me, however. ...

My Feelings About Remedy Or Remedial
Apr 18, 2012

Another "exciting new program" that doesn't work.  Can't log in and have to spend my time calling support.  No mention of compensation for doing the training.  I have probably sent in one ticket in the last year.  Even if I do the training for Remedial, I am probably going to forget it before I have to use it or they will change it yet again before I have to use it.  So I think I am going to pass.  If the need for it ever comes up and they can't accom ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

Mixed Feelings On Having To Resign Today. Sm
Sep 23, 2011

It is with much emotion that I had to turn my resignation in today with the Q.  I have been with this company since it was TL back in 1994.  I have seen everything, good and bad to worse.  And yes, there were good times.  I kept the same primary account for the entire time of my tenure here.  Of that I was thankful.   I am very, very ill and lost my medical benefits back in 2002 when my health as well as my DH's became bad.  I have been lucky in the C ...

Any Feelings On ScribeRight MT Job? I Am Considering Applying For An MT Position.
Oct 16, 2012

Has anyone got any ideas about working as an MT for ScribeRight? I see the DMT job is frustrating, but they post help ad for MT? Anyone working or have worked that could shed some light because I am considering applying. ...

Survey - Feelings Be Known Regarding QA/QC And Losing Incentive For 3 Months
Jul 30, 2012

I think everyone should take the survey that was in our e-mail this morning.  Supposedly it is anonymous.  In the last box, I certainly let my feelings be known regarding QA/QC and losing incentive for 3 months based on BS QA/QC scores that are never reversed when challenged.  I know it won't matter but at least they will know how unhappy we are.  There were actually a lot of good questions that pertain to things I have seen discussed on this board.  ...

How To Split Job - Please Help
Jun 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me where i can find info on how to do a split job in DQS.  Thank you so much ...

HELP! FIRST SPLIT JOB!
Jun 09, 2011

I did the first job, put the cursor at the end, and split.   I have an empty ADT screen but the first report is still on the screen.  Am I supposed to put in  the new ADT information and then just manually delete the first report?  It's a VR report. ...

Split Job
Mar 03, 2012

tried two times and finally did job audit and saw it there. So went ahead and deleted it from new report. HOWEVER, got line credit for it three times, now concerned that the customer will say something about getting 3 copies and wondering if they will think I was trying to steal lines? Thinking maybe I should email CCM? ...

What Is A Split Shift? (nm)
Nov 28, 2009

x ...

Trivector Split?
May 17, 2010

Ortho, arthrotomy/knee arthroscopy. "Anterior midline skin incision was made, full-thickness skin flaps mobilized, and a medial arthrotomy performed, extended proximally...to the trivector split...OR...with a trivector split? Also, I cannot find "trivector split" anywhere.  I can find "trivector retaining approach" in Stedman's, but have never heard of trivector. TIA! ...

Split Jobs (from Below)
Nov 19, 2010

I had to listen to the new Split job instructions again because it had been so long since the tutorial and I had forgotten.  I didn't say it was "hard," but it had changed, and I had to refresh.  I don't throw jobs back, so had to go to MQ Central and find the tutorial again and listen about the "import" function and how to do it since you don't highlight and hide the text anymore.  It did take probably 15 minutes to find it and listen through the whole thing becaus ...

Split Jobs
Dec 05, 2012

Hi folks, I think I'm losing my mind.  I just did a split job, which I did...split it I mean, and it went over with words typed.  When I checked to make sure all was okay, no words on the paper.  But, the next report I did of the split was correct.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks.  ...

Maybe We Could Split Into Two MM Boards
Mar 16, 2014

Experience With Split Shifts?
May 09, 2011

If you work split shifts, does it feel like you're working all day? Or do you find it works for you? TIA ...

Reasonable Split Shift
Feb 15, 2013

If you were told by an employer on a given day you could work a split shift, what would you consider a reasonable amount of time in that split frame? 1 hour, 4 hours?  I just took a new job and am being screwed.  Would just like your opinions and have some validation for my own satisfaction as to who is being unreasonable.  Thanks. ...

Adjustable Split Keyboard
Sep 13, 2014

Looking to buy a new keyboard (or used in decent shape).  Which ones are both durable and affordable?  I see so many that I don't know which would be the best one.  Currently looking on Amazon and there are several.  TIA ...

If You Work FT Do You Split Your Hours Up Or Do
Oct 02, 2014

you work straight through. Thinking of going FT but not sure if I want to split my hours up or work straight through. Thanks for any help. ...

I Need Help With Stupid Split Jobs. When Did It Change From Old Way? Sm
Apr 21, 2011

I can't believe I have not had a split job since new changes to DQS, but today I have a split job.  I did what I thought was the correct way and had cursor where it should be.  Asked for split, then yes, and oh my heavens.  I cannot get anything of the other original to pull up and NO ADT info will even load.  Sorry I had to break this, and I have sent a message to my QA Sup to help this very old dog.   Does anyone else get totally confused on how they changed ...

Anyone Work Nights Or Split-shift?
Aug 07, 2012

What shift do you work?  Are you hours flexible?  I've been offered a couple shifts but I'm not sure how they'll work out with my family life...any experience you all might have with this or suggestions would be great!  Thx!  ...

Split Jobs Not Bringing In Demographics
Dec 31, 2013

Anyone else having this problem?  ...

Microsoft Split Keyboard With Hand Controls
Jun 17, 2011

Hi Everyone,   Let me introduce myself, my name is Danna Rayton and I am a disabled veteran. I am currently a student at Kaplan University Online for Medical Transcription. I am writing you all due to a blog I read about a person wanting more information for her friend with spina bifida.  I know with having a foot injury from the military I will be have a hard time using the foot pedal myself. TranscriptionGear has a software program that will allow me to program hot keys an ...

Question For Full-timers. Do You Split Your Hours
May 03, 2014

up during the day - working 2-3 hours at a time - or do you work a straight 8 hours with breaks and a lunch? Thinking of going full-time and just cannot sit at my desk for 8 straight hours. I'd rather split my hours up but this then makes for a very long work day. Just wondering how others set their hours/schedules. Thanks for any information! ...

A Compression Gauze Or Garment For Split Thickness Burn To Foot
Apr 18, 2012

Dr. seems to be dictating,"a single layer of TENSOFLEX." This is being applied over a healing skin graft on the foot. Thanks ...

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...