A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it improper for management to send private email - anon

Posted: May 30, 2013

to an employee who is seeking input from peers regarding a work related situation?  The email was obviously only sent to initimidate the employee. Nothing helpful or anything of that nature.  Just a note to let them know they had been spotted on this thread.  I think it's kind of creepy and not very professional, but then how would any of you feel?  This was not a simple reply to a post, it was sent through the private email link on the post. 

You cannot see who poster is using the private emial - via a post. And as long as the poster SM

[ In Reply To ..]
does not reply to the MTSO post, there is no way for MTSO to know. If poster DOES reply, that reply will have the email addy and the persons name on it.

So, do reply to any post from MTStars and any trying to reach you through the post email will have no idea who you are.

It is not professional to do that, IMO, but they have no proof who is who.

And LM is protesting way too much for the posts about line counts to not have any truth to them.

Oops, DONT reply to any email you get from MTStars and - you will stay anonymous. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Intimidation and peer input - Conference call

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you gotten wind of the following?

"There is apparently going to be a call with HR at HR's request on the topic of wages and timesheets. You may: Participate in the call yourself by indicating what days and times would be best for you and efforts to accommodate will be made or submit your questions to be asked by those who participate on the call. All are welcome to participate – managers, MT/MLS/editor/QA/QC, attorneys, etc."

LM MTs: Be sure to ask exactly how lines counted,what is or isnt - included. Spaces or not, headers or not. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Spaces or not. How many characters make up a line. Is there any canned text that gets paid less or doesnt get paid at all. Start a list now of questions. Maybe go back over the LM Line count thread, see if there is anything in that you need to ask. I wish I could attend with you MTs, but I dont work for LM.

I am glad your issues are going to be addressed. Be sure to ask what was going on with the 2 line counts being close and what was changed so that now those 2 counts are so far apart. Just say you read about it here. You dont have to admit to being OP.

Good luck, sista MTs.

Similar Messages:

Private Email Question
Sep 09, 2010

If you receive an email from someone on this site, is it safe to respond to their email or could it be a scam?  I am new to this and don't want to take any chances.  They told me to shoot them an email and they would tell me about a company I was discussing with someone else on here.  Please advise!  ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Caution, Using The Private Email Function On This Board Allows A Traceable Path
Dec 05, 2014

...and Nuance HAS used this method for tracing negative comments and it resulted in folks being fired.  Remember, anyone can represent themselves as anyone on the public board and request, "please email privately," but I would never ever do this! I try to remember to post this every so often for anynone not already aware.     ...

Did You All Put Your Resume In An Email, Or Send
Mar 11, 2014

Curious, and want to do it right.  Thanks. ...

When OOW, How Often Do You Check Back And Send TSM An Email When Still OOW? NM
Nov 09, 2014

xxx ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

How Long You Think It Took For Zylo Suits To Send Email Telling
Jan 13, 2012

x ...

Improper Use Of Plural??
Apr 08, 2014

Please help: What is the correct use of the word paresthesia? Is there a proper plural to this word? I see different things in different dictionaries. I am a VR transcriptionist, and many of my providers use paresthesias when referring to a single area of the body. Comments appreciated. Emily (Silverfox) ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

Private Mail
Apr 13, 2014

Anyone know what private mail means?  There is a request to download something to get it.  No way!  I am posting only.  Will never answer any email from this site.  Did that once, never again.  The person (management??) bugged me forever, asking questions. ...

Appropriate Pay For Private Jobs?
Oct 14, 2014

I currently work for a national company doing acute care, both traditional and ASR jobs.  I have work, but it doesn't pay enough to support a family.  I've been approached about doing some jobs for a doc's group, which could turn into something. I have no idea what to charge them; however, I know they won't be getting any sort of insurance reimbursement or bundling for the transcription service, so it cuts out the middle man.  I don't want to short mysel ...

Private Disability Insurance
Sep 27, 2011

Any MTs out there that pay out of pocket for short- and/or long-term disability insurance? I am thinking of doing it and wondered now much the premiums would be?  I want to continue to be an IC and want to see if this is affordable.  Thanks. Chloe ...

Recommended Companies (private Msg Me)
Sep 08, 2014

I'm really thinking about jumping ship from MModal.  I've been there for 8 years, being a QA/editor for half that and have been nominated for MT of the year 4 times.  Recently it seems they've put a target on my back and I think I need to get out.  I have been out of the business loop for that time, so I don't know what's out there.  Are there any places you would recommend?  Any you would recommend to stay away from?  I know going to Nuance ...

MTSOs Vs. Hospitals/Private Practice?
Dec 03, 2010

I've worked for several MT companies over the years just to end up going to another MT company for better pay, benefits, etc. Seems like a never-ending cycle. Anyone here ever worked from home directly with a hospital or private practice? Thanks for any response! ...

Looking For Info On Private Insurance Policies.
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

MQ Delisted From NYSE, CBay Gone Private
Jan 17, 2012

My husband and I stay up on the stock market and I have been watching MQ and Cbay for about a year.   I just noticed today that they have been delisted and gone to pink sheet which means their stock consistently fell below the $5.00 mark.  Just a year ago it was $16.  Also, CBay has gone private and claims it is an American Company.  It is not, it is now privately owned by an Indian company doing business with corporate offices in London.  I don't know what thi ...

? About Working For A Private Doctor's Office
Apr 15, 2012

I saw an opening for a medical transcriptionist for a private doctor's office in my town.  I wonder, if any of you work in a private office--won't all medical practices be going to some sort of EMR in the coming year?  This ad didn't say anything at all about EMR, but I'm kind of assuming that they'll be switching to it if they haven't already.   I've only done MT in an acute-care hospital setting, so I also wonder if a lot of smaller doctor ...

If You Work For A Private Practice Oncology Office
Nov 25, 2014

When I did MT, I worked for an oncology office.  Perhaps those may be dwindling like the MT career... ...

Anyone Know Why Semi-private Hospital Rooms Are Still Allowed Under HIPAA?
Oct 06, 2010

I work for one of the big MTSOs, take annual HIPAA training, and know I am subject to fines or discharge for disclosing someone else̢۪s medical info, either intentionally or accidentally such as via an incorrect C/C. I am therefore baffled as to why hospitals are still allowed to put patients in semiprivate rooms where HIPAA rules just seem to go out the window. For example, just yesterday I returned from a 23-hour overnight after an outpatient procedure at a well-regarded acute-care hos ...

Does Anyone Work For A Small Company That Handles Private Practice?
Sep 04, 2014

I am looking for a smaller company that needs help with private practice transcription.  Does anybody know of one that needs help?  I can't find anything when I search.  I am currently going part-time at a large company to get them off of my back about how long I am glued to the keyboard and foot pedal and how much work I do per hour.  I have over 14 years of experience and I am good at what I do.  I want to work for a company that will appreciate that and not hound ...

Do Most Coders Work For Hospitals Or For Private Companies Similar To MTSOs?
Oct 25, 2011

Is there an "MTSO" equivilent for coders or are they usually hired directly by hospitals? ...

EMR Question - Why Can't The Reports I Type For My Private Account Be Scanned Into A Computer?
Jan 28, 2012

This may have been asked and answered previously but I am going to lose my long-term account because of EMR in about 2 years and I am not going down without a fight. Why can't I type their transcription as usual, then the reports can be scanned into the computer/EMR? Any information would be greatly appreciated....thanks! ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

"Private Medical Transcriptionist" On Another Help Wanted Board Is A Scam
Feb 26, 2014

Same tip-offs as all the others (don't want to give too much away or those shysters will know to change it).   Just FYI.   ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Not Management
Mar 08, 2010

I am not management!  You just don't get it.  I hate to say it, but many of you are too miserable here to see the good... for whatever reasons.   I am an MT.  I'm tempted to put my real name and MQ e-mail, but what for.  I've said what I did because I am doing okay, because I have been through frightening changes before with MQ and it has always worked out.  It seems foolish to tell you my real name though, as you mostly are a bunch of whining loser ...

New Management
Sep 13, 2011

Decided to send this note to our new management after the e-mail we got today about Mission One, whatever the heck that is.  I know I'll never get a response, never do.  But sometimes you just have to vent!  Here it is:  Hello.  Everytime we get new management, I throw these questions out although they still have yet to be answered to any satisfaction.  I've been with this company since WAY back when it took over Digital Dictation back in the 90 ...