A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

audit - I probably will be gone this week - red

Posted: Apr 27, 2010

I have been put on a written audit and received 92%.  So I am being given 1 more week. 

Which means I am more than likely out of here. I did not not have any Major marks, but only a lot of minor - i.e., two liters versus 2L, grams versus g. 

I should just quit and go work at the big lots, less stress more money

Just stop spelling everything out so that - you pass the followup audit

[ In Reply To ..]
Not exactly sure why you would spell out two liters anyway, but it is in the BOS as 2 L. It seems kind of like line padding.

If you just stop doing that, you should then pass the followup audit and you will be fine.

2 liters vs 2 L. Talk about a buncha nitpicky - poo-poo. BOS to blame for that insanity! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I wonder if typing 2 L versus 2 liters would adversely affect - patient care?

[ In Reply To ..]
Or if patient care might be adversely affected because I happened to type 2 grams of Ancef instead of 2 g of Ancef.

It sounds awfully nit-picky to me.

picky - red

[ In Reply To ..]
thank you so much for your support.
I am in tears. Now they are going after the spaces. I thought 2 spaces after each sentence.

Then when I called and asked are all reports verbatim, they answer NO but when a dr. dictates H and P in para form and does not separate headings they want us to do this. (okay I get it, but its his report not mine), So when I use the standard ?"PAST MEDICAL HISTORY" my audit was changed to 'PAST HISTORY'.... ??? dictator did not state this, am I missing something??

I would talk to your QA lead - and ask all of these questions

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell her that you must have missed the memo about all of these changes you are getting and ask her to explain.

I would tell them exactly what you are saying on this board and make them clarify every point.

My QA lead just told me that she had someone else do the auditing last month and all kinds of stuff was marked critical that was not, so I called and she agreed with me and changed everything back.

Who does the audits? Can't get a straight answer - xyzzzz
[ In Reply To ..]
We were told in former SA4/South that when the QATL morphed into the QC, that person would do the audits. And we got a new QC who is waaaayyyy more picky than our former one. I'd like to know exactly who your QC asked to do her audits, maybe the ILPs are training to do that now also, or could it be done by a software program so they can get rid of more employees? Seems strange that in our group commas and such are marked "critical" errors, and it doesn't seem like a real person would do that. Our QC was very vague when questioned, and I had been told that the QCs were getting the audits back from somewhere and merely "scoring" what was already marked. It shouldn't be so hard to find out who is evaluating our work, when our jobs depend on it.
QA lead audit - red
[ In Reply To ..]
I did that and was told "Oh yea I can see what your talking about",
blanks being marked as error. Or blocking out all of the PE for one space in the beginning, so it shows up as 35 errors.

The answer I got "well I can have another person audit your work but they will probably find more errors then we did". Did they correct this, No told QSAR has a glitch in the system for some of this stuff Hahha" I honestly thought that MT were complaining about stuff last month, and did not realize exactly what they are talking about. Now I do.

Its sad, I think they just want us out.

geesh, what next . . . . - voice

[ In Reply To ..]
the clothes i wear while at work? Oh wait a minute, i work from home. if spelling things out versus abbreviations is a no-no, then i should have been out the door a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago. you are right, talk about nit-picky. geesh

Am I the only one who finds this strange - not my rules

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone thinks this is nit-picky, but isnt that our job? It is supposed to be typed 2 L (not 2 liters or two liters).

We are supposed to follow BOS II and that is standard at most companies. Why is this such a hard thing to grasp.

If we all just did what we wanted, the reports would look like ca-ca.

I get docked on my 2nd job as well if the BOS is not followed, and I really don't understand why all of you think it is nit-picky to get marked off for not following the style.

No, it does not affect patient care, but it is what the client wants, right? I don't think patient names belong in the report but if the client wants that, the client gets that.

strange - red

[ In Reply To ..]
i understand you. but then there is also this "ALLERGIES"
The patient has an allergy to sulfa.

Now to me, I would have just typed
"ALLERGIES"
Sulfa.

But this was also on the audit. I thought putting in the first is a type of padding lines??

or ABDOMEN: The abdomen is .. thats padding but I guess that is what they want from us now.

I guess - you have not

[ In Reply To ..]
experience feedback telling you to change it from 2 L to 2 liters. It's no wonder there is so much confusion here. At this point I'm not even sure what the MQ guidelines say about how to handle liters. Remember, the MQ guidelines take precedence over BOS2 if the client has been retrofitted.
well, - not following
[ In Reply To ..]
The MQ guidelines says to follow BOS2.

If something specific is not addressed in the MQ quidelines, you are to follow BOS.
I know that - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
but the QA/MME/QC whatever the heck they are called "powers to be" at MQ can't even get on the same page. Hence, the corrections coming back to the MT that are all over the place as far as what is RIGHT or WRONG!
If you already knew that - why did you say that you did not know
[ In Reply To ..]
I wasted my time posting and you wasted your time reading it because you already knew.

I thought you did not because you said "I am not even sure what the MQ guidelines say about this."

Sorry

No, BOS2 is not "standard at most companies" - That would be BOS3.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was talking to my AHDI rep about that. She was horrified that MQ was using BOS2 and not 3. She said the only reason must be that they had recently acquired their license to make the desktop download available to all of us -- and it avoided the expense of investing in the BOS2. In otherwords -- as with every decision made a MQ -- it is all about the bottom line. My other job uses BOS3. There is very little differenc really between the two, though BOS3 now admits greater flexibility in some areas they were a bit more rigid before, like if the client wants it, it's ok, or if dictator says 's then that is ok in eponyms rather than religiously sticking to the singular, etc. The only real major change was to correct an error in BOS 2. When I see some MTs doing this I have to leave it though, even though I know it is incorrect. Metric measurements are never hyphenated and BOS2 goofed on that and corrected that in BOS3. So it is a 2-inch long wound, but it is a 2 cm long wound and a 2 x 3 cm area , etc.
And yes - we get dinged by QA at my other job and we always have at my other jobs in the past for not following the BOS or the department's own style manual. For instance, image number 3, series number 4 needs to be image #3, series #4 at one of my other jobs. This is to standardize so that all their reports are the same. Thus -- we get dinged if we don't correct the SR 'number' to #.
(end)
Unfortunately, I think the BOS2 is still standard at most companies - and very few are using BOS3
[ In Reply To ..]
At least so far anyway, from my experience, it seems that most of the companies still do use the BOS2 and relatively few of them have made the switch over to the BOS3 yet.

Maybe the reason, as you mentioned, is because they already have the license for BOS2 and don't want to spend the extra money for the license to the BOS3. Or maybe it's because there were really so very few changes between the BOS2 and the BOS3. Or maybe it's because they already have their MTs and QA trained on the BOS2 and don't want to have to retrain for the new changes in the BOS3.

I honestly don't know the reasons why, but I do know that more companies are using the BOS2 than those who have made the switch over to using the BOS3.
I agree totally, and most probably BOS 4 - bos
[ In Reply To ..]
will be like BOS 2.

Similar Messages:

0 Post Audit For A Week
Dec 10, 2014

A couple of things.  I wonder what happens when you have 0 post audits for the week?  I have not had any this week yet. Also, seems a bit unfair they are using VR and straight trans on the same cpl.  It takes twice as long to do straight trans:( ...

4 Post Audit Last Week
Mar 09, 2015

How do I get to be such a crummy transcriptionist  - last week 3 or 4 post audits - 98.69% 1 audit done Sat for this week -- 3-pt CPSE error and 1-pt  + 98.03% so far for this week. I really don't feel like even working tonight -- what other mistakes could I make tonight to bring my post-audit score down any lower!!!!! ...

How Many Post-audit Reports Are You Having Per Day/week?
Dec 25, 2014

I'm new to FIESA.  The company I was with that Nuance bought out just started using FIESA this month.  I'm having post-audits daily, as many as 5 a day.  Is that pretty much what the rest of you average?  Just curious since I've been reading the board and watching what others are saying about the new and exciting "pay" plan.  ...

Post Audit For Two Week Were Terrific
Dec 31, 2014

My first 2 weeks of post audit were terrific - the third week, not so good - and this week - back to reality - I smell a setup - give us a really good post audits once in awhile to keep us working for them, but not so often that they have to pay us a decent wage all the time.   ...

Last Week Only 10 Lines Audit, How Does That Work
Mar 08, 2015

Since we are on a new week, do they start on this week's work?   Or are they allowed to go back and pick up work from last week, at least until payroll is figured?  ...

Ending Week With 100% Post Audit Score, Sm
Feb 06, 2015

AGAIN, ending week on 100%, let's see what they get me on. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

I Got An Audit!!!
Nov 12, 2009

My score was 96.6.  All the reports docked were ASR reports, missing a few things here and there like leaving in oven instead of correcting to even - well, you get the gist.  There were no critical mistakes. Not once, in all my years working for hospitals or doctors have I had an aduit.   I'm wondering if it's just that ASR is only a year old to me and that's why I'm having issues.  Oh well.     ...

ASR Audit
Feb 10, 2011

I got 2 ASR audits lately.  Is everyone getting them?  I only do about 50 ASR reports a month and they seem to think I use my mouse too much.  I am dangernous with short-cut keys.  I tend to not stop to think and hit the wrong key and something goes whacky.  I always know where my mouse is!  Anyway, we run out of work at least 3 nights a week.  Am I supposed to master the short-cut keys so I can do my work faster and run out of work sooner and sit here longer a ...

99.75% On Audit...
Mar 15, 2011

and told I should have caught something (which I should have).  It was something trivial like suggestion versus suggestive.  Got a mail from mentor that I should have slowed down & caught this.  I've been an MT for over 2 yrs now, and it wasn't something that put a pt's health in any kind of harm.  Knew I had one very hard ESL auth go to auditing & watched it until it was done.  100%.  Any word on a nice job?  Not hardly.  Love my jo ...

QA Audit Below 99%
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone failed their QA audit with Medquist, if so, what happens next if you have been with them for more than a year and were recently changed to a new account.??? Would appreciate some help on this oneeeeee??? ...

My Last Audit
Nov 14, 2012

Last audit was 99.4 something percent accuracy.  LPH was about 265.  But oh, too many of my reports are sent in with blanks (worst accounts I have ever worked on) and I need to send more work to QA.  Do they really think I am going to sit here and do this crap for 3 cpl?  It would not even pay my utility bill.  Think they will ever face reality? ...

What Does SC Audit Mean?
Jun 01, 2015

I really hate these weekly audits.  Do they count?? ...

Audit
Jun 28, 2015

Has anyone with MM been audited lately? Been with them 9 yrs and just had my first. Worst Mgr ever ...

Audit: What Is Passing?
Oct 29, 2009

I have gotten audited twice in the past week!  They have pulled 6 reports on me. I thought that they only do 3 and do it about twice a month.  I think something is going on there.  What is the passing score.  I know it is 98. something.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Been Fired Because Of A Bad Audit?
Dec 03, 2009

It's obvious they're cracking down on us, nit-picking, etc., to what end?  Everyone, myself included, seem to be getting less than 98%.  Is it just to keep us on our toes, or to have ammunition to hold against us when the time comes to ship everything to India? ...

Audit Question
Jun 29, 2010

Does anyone know how the audits work?  Is it the average score of 5-6 reports together?  What if you failed 1 report but passed the other 4-5 and the average of all of them together is still passing?  Are you put back on 100% QA for the 1 report?  Sorry for all the questions. Thanks   ...

Anyone Been Terminated For <98% Audit??
Apr 14, 2010

Good-bye ...

Audit Procedures
Apr 22, 2010

Does anyone know the rules for placing an MT on 100% audit.  Do you have to fail 2 audits in a row or just 2 audits.  I failed in Feb, passed in March and will probably fail in April.  The point system is whacked in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't really count.  It is probably listed somewhere on MQ Central but I find navigating that system is somewhat like navigating a maze.  Unless you know where to find it, it takes forever.  I have sent an e-mail to my Q ...

HELP! Failed Audit
May 15, 2010

So, I failed another "audit".  I have to bounce back and forth between at least 10 accounts, therefore 10 different client profiles AND have to keep up with the ever changing QA preference of the day!  I'm so depressed.  It's really heard to understand that VR stuff and ESL dictators.  Has anyone failed more than a few audits and continued working?  Will they fire me?  I, like everyone else, am really struggling, but I NEED this job.  Any ideas on h ...

Can Someone Tell Me How Many Reports Are QA'ed For Each Audit?
Jun 02, 2010

last week and that is all that were done.  Score 97.8. :(  I don't agree with the errors but what can you do.  So, out of the approx 40 plus reports I did per day last week, only THREE were audited and that will cause me to fail my audit?  I haven't heard from anyone about this yet--could that mean that they are not done and will audit more reports?  I hope so, because then my score will probably go up as those 3 reports were unfamiliar accounts, ESLs...... ...

Not Passing Audit
Jun 22, 2010

when you are told you didnt pass the audiit test, are you booted out after so many of those or what? I am not even sure if sending a question lowers your score??? anyone know? ...

New Audit Process
Jul 16, 2010

Just wondering if anybody had been audited by the new audit process yet?  My CCM says they are being done by an auditing team now and have since May.  Could you still tell you were being audited by looking in feedback and were the reports current or old?  Thanks. ...

Computer Audit
Sep 01, 2010

Has anyone had to have a computer audit to get hired by a transcription company?  I have had a request and have to sign a form to let them do a remote audit.  It sort of scares me because I don't use my computer solely for work.  Really don't like the idea of someone having access to my computer.  Any thoughts?  ...

Audit Of My Computer????
Nov 03, 2010

My transcription company suddenly wants to do an "audit" of my PC.  Anyone know exactly what this means? ...