A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Am I the only one who hates this new DocQscribe? - pulling hair out

Posted: Aug 01, 2012

I just finished the first half of my day and I just want to scream. I dont like it at all. I hate the look, I hate the windows, I hate the ASR.

I heard some people are getting straight typing, but I have not had any. I have horrible ASR. I cant find doctors I need, and what is with the little question marks?

I just want to click my heels and be back on DocQscribe 6 land. Is that too darn much to ask? Ok, Im going to take a jog around the block to blow off steam before I hit the second half of my day. Maybe I will trip and bust all my fingers!

DQ7 - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitly takes some getting use to. One of those things that is going to take some adjusting. Have you made it so you dont have all he extra panels on your screen? That helps and adjusting the font size to a large enough size that suits you. The only panel I have open is the client specs panel the other one for the job info displays across the top like it did in DQ6. That helped me quite a bit because I didn't like all the extras on the screen.

What I do like is the job look-up feature for dictators/patients. Having that handy saves a lot of time and relistening. I like that I can highlight a phrase or word and then do Ctrl + 1 to google search without ever leaving the report when I am done and then hitting ALT C to close google.

I definitly DO NOT miss the skip markers and redundant speech markers. I hated hearing that ding in my ears every time I delated a more than 5 words at a time and having red skip markers throughout the report.

On the other hand, I Soooo...miss DQ6. I was fast and speedy with it whipping in and out of reports before I knew it. I have noticed a couple of my text expansions do not work in DQ7 and that annoys me.

While 7 does have some nice features, I think it will take me a little bit to get use to. Hang in there.

DSQ7 - BLM

[ In Reply To ..]
Where is the job look-up feature? I must have missed that in training.

DQ 7 - BML

[ In Reply To ..]
And I hate it too and my line count is half of what it was in DQ6, which wasn't anything to brag about!

If you have your client profile panel on the screen, - look to the bottom and there

[ In Reply To ..]
are tabs underneath client profile. One of the tabs is Job search.

If you click on that, it will give the option to look up reports either by patient or dictator. Select patient or dictator and then it brings up a whole bunch of reports to look through instantly. If you are working on an H&P and you select to look up for dictator, it will bring up all H&Ps same as if you are doing an OP note, Consult etc. It will bring up all that physicians reports for that work-type and even highlight the section of the report you are currently working in.

If you look up patient previous reports, it will bring up all available reports for that patient.

Again, these tabs are located at the bottom of client specifics panel. Just click on the one that says "job search"
The only tabs I have on client profile panel are for..smg - Fossil
[ In Reply To ..]
Heading and Standards, no tab for "job search." Wonder if you got the updated version of DQ7, since I have been on it for 3 months.
Job search - BLM
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have a tab for job search either! It sure would be nice though!
Does you guys icon on your desktop say 7.0? or 7.1? - I would make sure you are on the
[ In Reply To ..]
updated version. My icon says 7.1. Its newer than 7.0.
7.0 - BLM
[ In Reply To ..]
I am on DocQscribe 7.0. We did get an email about Cornerstone 7.1 upgrade that has that job search feature, but I no longer use Cornerstone so I don't know what's going on!
Just call IT and tell them you need to upgrade to - DQ 7.1 and ask them if they can
[ In Reply To ..]
help you. I call 1-800-dictate without hesitation and they remote in and solve whatever issue I have. They can update you, just call them.

Like I said, we just started and we were told to download 7.1 so my guess is thats what everyone should be transitioning to since its the newer version. Good luck!
Possibly, I am on DQ 7.1. I would suggest you - call IT and update to 7.1 we just
[ In Reply To ..]
recently started it and I know there was a 7.0, but we were told to download 7.1. That could be the difference. I would definitly suggest calling and have IT remote in and uninstall 7.0 and reinstall 7.1. They may be able to install over it too.

Its hard enough learning a new program so I think the more updated the version the better.

Mmodal Training - rube

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone know if MModal offers training for people interested in becoming an MT?

Oh, I too, dislike DQS 7. Who does it benefit?

how do you know about DQS7 if your not an MT - no, they dont train, you need school

[ In Reply To ..]
and probably a years experience before they will hire you.

Skinny cursor in DQS 7.1 - Eddie

[ In Reply To ..]
Rest assured you are not. There must be a way to make the tiny skinny little cursor wider and darker so it can be seen more easily, but I have not found out how to do it. I do not understand why they think we need the client profile up all the time taking up space from the editing screen. I use the mouse to drag the borders to the sides -- but if I hit the Control=H combination the left and right columns return leaving only a small area in the middle for editing. One wonders if the programmers ever consult ME or MTs who have to actually use the software.

Similar Messages:

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

DocQScribe Down...??
Oct 26, 2009

Is it just me or is DQS acting up again?  I can't pull ADT info - taking 100 years.  ...

DocQScribe ASR?
Jan 20, 2010

My company is switching from straight transcription on DQS to ASR on DQS. I've used DQS for two years and didn't even know they had ASR, but apparently they do. Could any of you with experience on this please give me your opinions of the DQS ASR platform? I'm just not sure I want to go through training if I won't want to stay with this company. I did Escription for awhile at another company and hated it. Thanks in advance! ...

DOCQSCRIBE UP
May 12, 2010

nm ...

Is DocQScribe Down
May 26, 2010

my DocQScribe is stuck and I rebooted, still stuck, any one else on right now? ...

DocQscribe 6.1
Sep 10, 2010

I have not been told yet how to download DocQscribe 6.1 update even though I completed all the training last week.  Can someone tell me the directions for this?  Thanks. ...

Still Cannot Get On To Docqscribe. Anyone Else?nm
Sep 15, 2010

x ...

Did DocQScribe Just Die?
Oct 07, 2010

... ...

DocQscribe?
Nov 04, 2010

I'm in what is (or used to be) SA4.  I'm still not able to log on.  Anyone in yet, up and working, running smoothly?  The DEP light still shows yellow.  (since 9:15 a.m. mountain time)  THANKS! ...

Who Besides Q Uses DocQscribe?
Feb 04, 2011

x ...

Can MQ's DocQscribe Be Used On A
May 20, 2011

laptop running windows 7? ...

DocQScribe Down ?
Sep 27, 2011

I'm out in California.  Is it down all over ?  ...

Will Docqscribe Be
Oct 22, 2011

revised in the future to be compatible with 64-bit computers?   ...

DocQscribe Down
Oct 05, 2012

Oh, the joys. One hour left of my shift and poof.... ...

Docqscribe 7
Oct 05, 2012

Has anybody had any problems uploading any jobs?  I had one today that would not upload, and I was even unable to abandon it, just kept returning to my queue. ...

Cannot Get Into DocQscribe
Jan 23, 2013

Earlier had NJA.  Came back just now and cannot get into DocQscribe or e-mail.  Anyone else having a problem?  TIA. ...

Anyone Having Problems With DocQscribe.
Jan 28, 2010

CRAAAAAAAAPPPP!!!  My first report all day and now it is stuck??????? ...

DocQscribe ASR System. Does It Really Get Better?
May 04, 2010

My account was switched over 5 weeks ago and truthfully I don't see improvement.  One day I think maybe it is getting better and the next day it's worse.  It doesn't cap what should be and does cap things that shouldn't.  It has probably 50 different things it uses for "next" or "next is."  It puts q.h.s. one time and at bedtime the next.  It will do a fantastic job on a crappy ESL dictator then get every third word wrong on a good dictator, but the n ...

Anybody Having Trouble With Docqscribe? Nm
Jun 07, 2010

nm ...

Docqscribe Upgrade
Aug 03, 2010

anybody have the url for the docqscribe upgrade that we did a couple of months back.  I got a new computer where other fried and I can't get on to transcribe until I upgrade.  emailed support 2 hours ago and still no word from them.  Any help appreciated.  ...

DocQScribe Dictionary
Aug 07, 2010

How do you guys edit your dictionary in DocQScribe?  I have a term that is not spelled correctly and I can't figure out how to get into the dictionary to delete it. Thanks for any info you'd like to share.         ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With DocQScribe?
Aug 22, 2010

I lock up everytime I use ADP.  Then I have to get out and try again.  It has already been 20 minutes and I still have not loaded yet.  I sat on hold with Tech Support for 20 minutes since "all representatives were busy" yet when I finally got to speak to someone, they said they weren't having issues . . . as usual. I think there was an upgrade last night, so I was wondering if anyone else was having issues this morning. ...

Cannot Run DocQscribe Today. Has Anyone Else
Sep 09, 2010

I cannot even run my DocQscribe program today.  Waiting for support to call me.  ...

DocQscribe 6.1 Training
Sep 12, 2010

Anyone using their own computer have problems taking the docQscribe 6.1 training?  I get a technical error message. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Docqscribe? Sm
Sep 22, 2010

the job won't download and now the system won't close as I tried to log out? ...

DocQscribe Acting Up Again
Oct 18, 2010

Anyone else experiencing problems with DocQscribe tonight? ...

Anybody Having Problems With DocQscribe? NM
Nov 05, 2010

x ...

Cannot Get DocQScribe To Load
Nov 09, 2010

I tried to get DocQScribe to load from the DocQManage page for over an hour and finally had to send in a ticket.  Is anyone else having this kind of trouble with the system.  It showed a green light on DEP.  This is getting rediculous.  I could not work my scheduled shift on Sunday because there were no jobs available (but incentive stayed in place).  Now I cannot work my scheduled shift because of something else.  I don't know about anyone else, but with a fam ...

DocQScribe Question. In ASR, When There Are Sm
Dec 14, 2010

# signs in the report in place of numbers, is there a way to automatically put the numbers in there?? I'm sure I learned this during some video webinar but I don't see it in my notes! I'm so frustrated! On almost every document I see: #. COPD. #. Hypertension. #. Blah, blah, blah   Is this supposed to be helping us? Does it help you? Thanks for your help, fellow MTs! ...

DocQScribe And Shorthand - Sm
Jan 25, 2011

Does Shorthand work within DocQScribe - thanks. ...