A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Who is responsible for adding the templates? - anon

Posted: Sep 13, 2013

Who is responsible for adding the templates?  I am finding a lot of errors lately in these when I pull them in.  For instance, spacing.  Several, if not many, are only single spaced between the end of a sentence and the next and only 1 space after a colon.  Yet another thing to slow us down.  Got "dinged" for pulling one in and not changing.  I assumed (yes we all know what happens when you assume).  That will never happen again if I can help it.  Also noticing 1 space between state and zip code.

you should report those to your QC - and cc your TSM nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I believe it is the doctors or their lackeys - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a dictator once say that he was going to fax us his template "tomorrow" and then stated to use it with the report he is dictating (whatever you say doc), so I'm guessing that they are retyped or entered in the system some other way by MModal once they receive them from the client.

Standards - TiggerQA

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a QC, and that's part of my job. If a facility submits a standard, we have to review it for mistakes before opening a ticket to get it added to the database. When you see standards with mistakes, let your QC know so he/she can get it corrected. If you were evern in performance management for mistakes in template, be sure to bring that up. You shouldn't be penalized by mistakes in templates.

Not to mention the spelling mistakes in them - crazy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Isn't that so irritating? - Hard to restrain myself...

[ In Reply To ..]
from making the corrections. The inconsistencies in headings and punctuation, the bad spelling are an affront to my OCD. I just have to say "serenity now!" to myself a few times and let the bad formatting go, and try to be grateful for the momentary bump in line count. Also one of my doctors is listed with a specialty of "RHUEMATOLOGY" in the ADT. Just gotta shake my head, and again, let it go...

Similar Messages:

Who Is Responsible For Providing A HIPAA Agreement
Mar 19, 2011

I have been doing MT for over four years now and have been working for other MTSOs. I am now ready to try to get my own contracts and have been doing lots of research, but what I can't seem to find out is who is responsible for providing a HIPAA agreement, me or the doctor (covered entity). I found on the Department of Health & Human Services website some sample contract language, but I'm just not clear if I need to put language in my contract with the doctor to cover this , or if the ...

Nuance Is Responsible For All Of Its Products Out In The Marketplace.
Dec 02, 2013

Responsible for all, not simply what is accomplished by the employees in healthcare at Nuance. ...

Ivs Slip ???? To Rule Out Monoclonal Gammopathy; Also Responsible For His High Creatinine.
Jul 29, 2011

Cannot find what kind of test doc is saying.  Any help would be appreciated!   ...

Rule For Adding A
Mar 24, 2010

Hello. It might just be too early but can someone tell me the rule as to when to add A?  Like the doc says HISTORY: 72-year-old woman who..... Should I be adding A to the beginning? HISTORY:  A 72-year-old...   ...

Adding Disclaimers
Jan 27, 2015

Would it not be simply wonderful if we could put disclaimers in the notes to the client, stating "job done to the best of my ability, however, due to your bad dictator habits, either eating, chewing, talking or answering your cell phone, your dictation is utterly and absolutely a pain in the neck to do because you will not dictate properly and/or will not stop answering your page, and/or you are not even familiar with the patient"!!!!....oh how I would just love to attach a disclaimer to many of ...

AP Lines Not Adding Up?
Feb 16, 2015

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference in the lines at AP lately?  I have been busting my butt working as hard as possible and it seems my line counts are way lower than usual (in the 100s lower).  ...

Question About Adding RAM To A Laptop
Jan 09, 2012

I have 2 GB of RAM on my laptop and want to add 2 more.  There is an open slot to add it.  My question is do I have to take out the 2 GB already there and replace that too?  I have seen the memory sold in pairs, so they are made by the same manufacturer.  Do both cards have to be the same?  Can I just plug in a card by a different maker than the one already there?  Any help appreciated. ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Pay For Templates
Jan 08, 2010

Okay, I am curious about templates such as normal exams, things that are templated. Do you get paid for them. I'm working for a group that has decided not to pay us for those and is actually taking money away from us on notes because they have templates in them.  Anyone ever heard of this?  Should I put my running shoes on now or what....??:) ...

QT And Templates
Jun 26, 2011

Does anyone know the going rate for qualified text?  Between that and the templates my accounts uses, my line count is down by at least half.  The company I am with now pays 1 cpl for QT and the templates that load require more time to delete headings, cut, paste and move around than the actual typing.  We use Emdat, which is a good platform, but the templates and QT are only a benefit for the client (and company) and certainly not the MT.  I think this is probably worse than ...

Benefit Of Adding Shorthand To PC Versus Using Macros?
Feb 05, 2010

What's the benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros?  How do I add Shorthand.  Do I purchase a program?  Any idea of cost??  Thanks. ...

Line Count Wasn't Quite adding Up
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone felt like their line count wasn't quite adding up to what it should be in the past week or is it just my imagination?       ...

Standards/templates
Dec 16, 2010

I've been with MQ for about 2 months now.  I've noticed that many, many of the dictators use what we used to call "standards" or templates.  We just inserted the canned text and made changes where indicated. Is this allowed?  I know some has their own (crtl S), but can I make my own and use them?  ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Question Regarding Templates
Jul 23, 2013

I don't know why the templates aren't in line with account specifics--the fonts are all over the place, headings are bolded, words are abbreviated and slashes are used...sometimes there are blatant misspellings. What QA approved these templates? These are what we are to use over and over again? They're all WRONG!!! I find it ironic that these are the templates provided to us by Nuance, and over 50% of them do not comply with their own standards. Yet we're supposed to take ou ...

I Hate Using Certain Templates
Jan 13, 2014

when the doctor either changes almost everything in the template or the template is merely headings and I have to copy and paste the whole friggin report paragraph by paragragh and then edit it.  What a waste of friggin time!!!  Thanks for the vent! ...

Adding More To My Plate - M Modal, Transtech, Accentus, And/or SoftScript
May 11, 2012

I looked through the archives and found not a lot current about any of these places as far as pay and how the accounts run (straight typing or mostly editing) So I am testing or interviewing with all of them right now to add to my egg basket.  Transtech offered 8.5 cents straight typing and 4.5 for editing, said it would mostly be editing.  I hate editing.  Wanted more straight typing.  Only really good thing I could find was the paying $40 for your internet after 90 days.&n ...

Does Transcend Pay For Headers In Their Templates Or Do We
Jan 08, 2010

lose all those characters too?   My line count seems way too low for the amount of typing I have to do and the number of corrections I have to make.  ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

5 Cents A Line With Templates
Jun 20, 2012

I'm wondering if 5 cents a line with 40% templates is a decent pay rate.  This is all straight typing, no VR.  Anybody else in this situation?   I need to make a decision.  Thanks for any info! ...

Normal Templates - Concerns (sm)
Nov 30, 2012

We are inundated with sloppy dictators, perhaps the ones that can't use VR. We know how much they hate to dictate repetitive ROSs and PEs, thus they love using templates, or paragraphs from previous reports. Does anyone else note a lot of doctor errors in using these methods, i.e. racing through and not changing all the template details? I have found that NPs and female doctors are able to multitask and get this right, but the only males that can do this are the older ones who have a lot o ...

Working In Escription, Unable To Call Up Templates
Nov 18, 2012

For some reason when calling up the templates I am inserting my password yet every time it does not hold it, puts something else in and then my report freezes wht my being unable to get out of anything, template, report, etc and have to restart. Does anyone have any idea why this is going on and how I can be able to use the templates again? ...

Doctors Using Their Own Templates Jeopardize Patient Care
Dec 11, 2012

I don't know about the rest of you but I have very few male doctors who are careful enough to adequately edit normal templates to meet the patient's particular criteria. It's gets pretty time consuming to do it myself, especially when we are not qualified to do this in every instance. Female doctors almost always attend to these details. NPs, PAs do a much better job than the male docs, but few male docs either care, feel it is their job, or take responsibility for this editing. ...

I Get Dinged For Adding "the Or A"
Dec 15, 2014

and I go through back reports to figure out this dictator from heck and someone has elephant stirrups on a GYN report, seriously? ...

Speech And "templates"
Sep 09, 2011

I work on eScription and was wondering how to handle this...  I think speech on this platform is generally great, except when the speaker wants to use a template.  And by template I mean the basic headings and occasional standard blurb that goes in (that they do not dictate but want in there).   So when speech gets a hold of it, you end up inserting the template and then wasting all kinds of time cutting and pasting the pieces to wherever they go. Is there a better way?? ...