A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I get dinged for adding "the or a" - sm

Posted: Dec 15, 2014

and I go through back reports to figure out this dictator from heck and someone has elephant stirrups on a GYN report, seriously?

dinged - oldschool

[ In Reply To ..]
same here!!! Do editors get extra credit for crap like that? Do they get paid for every correction? That's the only explanation I can come up with wasting time with such a correction.

Similar Messages:

Dinged If You Do
Jan 29, 2013

We have an account on 100% QA which is checked by MMEs.  No 2 grade alike.  If the doctor doesn't dictate "Laboratory Data" so you don't put it, you get a nasty note, "'Laboratory Data' should have been inserted here."  So the next report, you put in "Laboratory Data" and get a nasty note "He DID NOT dictate this header!"  Can't win with this dirtbag scum-sucking cluster*&^% of a company. ...

Rule For Adding A
Mar 24, 2010

Hello. It might just be too early but can someone tell me the rule as to when to add A?  Like the doc says HISTORY: 72-year-old woman who..... Should I be adding A to the beginning? HISTORY:  A 72-year-old...   ...

Adding Disclaimers
Jan 27, 2015

Would it not be simply wonderful if we could put disclaimers in the notes to the client, stating "job done to the best of my ability, however, due to your bad dictator habits, either eating, chewing, talking or answering your cell phone, your dictation is utterly and absolutely a pain in the neck to do because you will not dictate properly and/or will not stop answering your page, and/or you are not even familiar with the patient"!!!!....oh how I would just love to attach a disclaimer to many of ...

AP Lines Not Adding Up?
Feb 16, 2015

Has anyone else noticed a significant difference in the lines at AP lately?  I have been busting my butt working as hard as possible and it seems my line counts are way lower than usual (in the 100s lower).  ...

Question About Adding RAM To A Laptop
Jan 09, 2012

I have 2 GB of RAM on my laptop and want to add 2 more.  There is an open slot to add it.  My question is do I have to take out the 2 GB already there and replace that too?  I have seen the memory sold in pairs, so they are made by the same manufacturer.  Do both cards have to be the same?  Can I just plug in a card by a different maker than the one already there?  Any help appreciated. ...

I Get Dinged Because A Doctor Can't Speak
May 21, 2013

I mean seriously this catering to their stupidy is starting to get old. Granted they aren't major errors. But, my theory is if they cannot give me the courtesy of even remotely completing a sentence, much less a paragraph here lately, I am sending it through. I know I can look at the repository and figure most of the stuff out, but that is a guess at best and not a chance I am willing to take with patient care. Sick of it!!! Unfortunately, my main offenders are 100% QA accounts so QA f ...

Who Is Responsible For Adding The Templates?
Sep 13, 2013

Who is responsible for adding the templates?  I am finding a lot of errors lately in these when I pull them in.  For instance, spacing.  Several, if not many, are only single spaced between the end of a sentence and the next and only 1 space after a colon.  Yet another thing to slow us down.  Got "dinged" for pulling one in and not changing.  I assumed (yes we all know what happens when you assume).  That will never happen again if I can help it.  Also noticing 1 space between state ...

I Was Dinged For Dividing A Run-on Sentence!
Apr 04, 2014

There was a long run-on sentence, so I made it 2 sentences. I got 25 points taken off because, and I quote, *it almost changes the meaning.* So, now you watch - I will get dinged for leaving run-on sentences! Can't win! ...

Dinged On Audit For D.O (said I Had Missing Period)
Jan 17, 2011

Yeah, welcome MQ for all the hard work I do and money I make you.  ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Correcting Redundant Grammar And Dinged By QA
Aug 09, 2013

Okay, I just started working here and I've been trying to keep my reports perfect.  When a doctor says "past medical history," I've been just typing "medical history" because isn't past and history together being redundant?  I'm still on 100% QA and all my feedback has the "past" put back in.  I'm not on a verbatim account, so shouldn't me correcting this be okay?   ...

Getting Dinged For Missing/inserted Words
Mar 05, 2014

There have been quite a few complaints lately about getting audits back where the auditors have inserted or taken away words such as: the, of, a/an, etc. The omission or insertion of these words when not dictated is something that should be captured as an error. However, the point value for such an error usually is zero. This type of error is usually a feedback and educational opportunity error. Because they have a value of zero, you could potentially have 20 of these errors and still have ...

So Tired Of Getting Dinged For Item That Was Pended
Feb 27, 2015

I have a very low pending rate.  I very rarely have to pend, but there was a discrepancy in the header so I pended it and explained that in the box.  I get a QC1 review (I know this doesn't count but it doesn't make it any less stupid!!) with a 1.0 major error for the very thing I pended it for.  This in no way makes sense.  I requested a reversal (Know it makes no difference, it's the irritation).  I put it in the comments and asked them to please explain ...

Benefit Of Adding Shorthand To PC Versus Using Macros?
Feb 05, 2010

What's the benefit of adding Shorthand to PC versus using macros?  How do I add Shorthand.  Do I purchase a program?  Any idea of cost??  Thanks. ...

Line Count Wasn't Quite adding Up
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone felt like their line count wasn't quite adding up to what it should be in the past week or is it just my imagination?       ...

Adding More To My Plate - M Modal, Transtech, Accentus, And/or SoftScript
May 11, 2012

I looked through the archives and found not a lot current about any of these places as far as pay and how the accounts run (straight typing or mostly editing) So I am testing or interviewing with all of them right now to add to my egg basket.  Transtech offered 8.5 cents straight typing and 4.5 for editing, said it would mostly be editing.  I hate editing.  Wanted more straight typing.  Only really good thing I could find was the paying $40 for your internet after 90 days.&n ...

I Am Sick Of Getting Dinged For "illogical" Text.
Mar 27, 2014

Being that I have 30 years experience, have been here for about 8 years, and have never had bad audits but am now being failed and under performance management, I figure I am on their target list, and it is just a matter of time before I am out of here either by their hand or my hand (haven't landed the new job in the new career yet). So, I might as well go down with a good fight. I have been dinged for "illogical" text despite leaving the text as dictated. I had 1 that I am sure I w ...

Can You Believe I Just Got Dinged For "expanding" UTI Under Diagnoses?
Aug 06, 2012

Has the rules changed?  I always expand disease abbreviations under the diagnoses heading?  ...