A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What the ...mandatory OT cancelled and then - Critical Backlog Alert

Posted: Mar 25, 2015

Does anyone in corporate understand the transcription business.  I am getting so sick of this.  Let them fire me for not doing mandatory OT and get someone else to work my 9pm-5am Wed-Sun shift for which we apparently are no longer getting a shift differential.

Im so over this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure there will be a Long line waiting for your shift,,wink wink. I don't know what the heck they are doing but I get less and less info from my TSM, so I assume she is about as ticked off as we all are. I'm not doing the OT either, fire me please, I need the U/E

No, they have no clue about medical transcription. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Which is why the company is in the shape that it's in. You have to know the business. I know that technology is an important part of transcription, but they should know the medical side too. It used to be upper management of MTSOs knew medical transcription, and in order to get a promotion you had to be a transcriptionist. The patient came first, then the client, then the MTs, and finally the MTSO. This method worked. Everyone did well and MTs and MTSOs made money. Now there are bankruptcies, panicked sounding emails for TAT, all because they are trying to run a business they don't understand. It's a shame.

Let my people go - MMMoses

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Cancelled Or Canceled? Which Is Correct?
Nov 20, 2010

Cancelled or conceled? ...

To Those Who Were In The Coding Program That Was Cancelled
Apr 10, 2015

To those of you who were in that huge coding training program that was canceled recently, have you given up on coding or enrolled in another program? What did you decide to do? ...

Transcend/Nuance Lawsuit Cancelled - Sm
Jan 27, 2015

I received an e-mail today basically saying the attorneys will not conduct a collective action lawsuit but that we are all free to file suit on our own. What a waste of time and what a joke. I figured this would be the case. So, once again, the big corporation wins and the cheated employeees lose. ...

"so MRI Was Cancelled Due To The NURSES STRIKE" HELLO.....that's What We Need.
Apr 30, 2012

I'm sick of working my butt off for crap wages.  Why can't we strike?  Because we work AT HOME.  We can't group up and stick up for ourselves.  I, for one, has had it.  I have 30 years experience.  I've watched my salary sink lower each year.  If it wasn't for my husband's income, we'd be on the streets right now.  I have 2 more hours on my shift but guess what - SCREW IT.  I'm done for the night.  What am ...

Oh My, "go Live" Cancelled For 7.1 For Monday..
Aug 03, 2012

something about the ADT screen affecting the customer's end (mm's bottom line in other words) - now we know how to get their attention - $$$$ - if we could just figure a way to get them to hear us peasants screaming about how their crap just don't work no how. ...

Is EMR Mandatory?
Apr 16, 2012

Perhaps I should know the answer but I do not.  What is the deal with the move to EMR?  Is it government mandated?  I just picked up a good side job transcribing for a cardiology group in my community and it's projected to last only until they go to EMR..the move isn't happening too quickly...are there penalties if they don't move to EMR?  Who is driving this? ...

Mandatory
Oct 10, 2012

Anybody enjoying the mandatory overtime.  Yea funny how we are on mandatory overtime and then get an email that states that if you run out of work, you are required to email them and flex your time and can only make it up after 5 p.m.  So again, you are required to check for your work throughout the day and if there is no work, sorry for your luck and if you want to be "lucky" enough to be employed w/ Nuance, you will then have to sign in and work on your off shift to make up your hour ...

Mandatory PTO?
Dec 09, 2012

Email received said basically,,,time sheet must be approved, make sure you have the required amount of time or PTO will be added to make up missing and you will need to re-approve it..I dont want to take PTO, I didnt run out of work, THEY DID..I put in my remedy ticket release without pay..How do they get away with that? ...

Mandatory OT?
Dec 20, 2014

Anyone else at SS wondering since when is OT mandatory?  Threats of pulling PTO and flex time already scheduled if normal days off during the holidays aren't spent working OT?  ...

MM, If You Want Mandatory OT, Then
Mar 16, 2015

only way I'd even consider OT.  period. ...

Still Mandatory OT
Mar 18, 2015

One hour required again today.  Too many people off on leave I guess. ...

Mandatory OT Over For My POD!
Mar 22, 2015

Finally some sense. ...

Mandatory Meetings - DSG
Apr 22, 2010

How can a company order you to attend mandatory conference calls and mandatory HIPAA training and mandatory platform training sessions and not pay you for your time?  Every time they send an e-mail for something such as this, they refuse to pay, even for an hour of time.  They tell you these meetings and conference calls are a bonus for you, and that they are saving you money by you not having to pay for them someday (do I look like I just fell off of the turnip truck?).  They mus ...

Mandatory Training Without Pay - Really?
Jun 03, 2010

Just informed that I have to take MANDATORY HIPAA training without pay because I can take it "anytime on my OWN time!"  LOL!!!  The course is 45 minutes long!  It is not enough that we have to learn account specifics "on our own time", read the constant silly e-mails "on our own time", but now we have to do mandatory training "on our own time."  Oh, yeah - and we have to pass the class with a test at the end too!  I feel like I am in a volunteer job!   Hmmmm, I ...

Looks Like Mandatory CMT Credentials Soon.
Aug 02, 2010

Just like the post below stated, House of Delgates known as (HOD) from AHDI is wanting everyone to ensure patient safety and the integrity of patient records, all persons involved in creating, editing, organizing, or transmitting protected health information should be formally trained and hold credentials relevant to those duties.  To that end, AHDI should move forward with the support of its leadership in actively advocating for mandatory credentialing by whatever means that can be accompl ...

Mandatory Weekends....why?
Apr 09, 2011

Why do MTSOs require weekend coverage for every one of their accounts? I have 2 and have work up the yin yang during the week but come Saturday, I'm watching paint dry. My MTSO requires 1 weekend day, at least 4 hours. I changed my weekend shift TWICE to work during the "busy" dictation times and I'm still NJA. Now that it's getting nicer outside, I've got plans and wanna have a life again. The higher ups get off every weekend, why can't we, or at least rotate? I do ...

TT Mandatory Training
Jun 10, 2011

In my state, they are required by law to pay.  I called the labor board to verify.  By law, they have to pay if you are a non-exempt employee.  I can't file a complaint until the training is completed, but I can do it online the same day as I complete the training.  They (labor board) also advised that I keep emails and attach them to the complaint.  Unfortunately, it could take up to a year to get the money - my state is sloooow in resolving issues. Even still, my ...

Mandatory Headers
Oct 03, 2011

Somehow turned off those pesky mandatory PE and DS headings on the left and cannot remember how or where to get them to turn back on.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Is OT Mandatory At Webmedx?
Oct 05, 2011

I am curious to know if all this overtime every week is mandatory or not.  MY AM asks for overtime on a daily basis and wants commitments for the week. I have been doing it, but am to the point where I just dont want to anymore, I have things in my life that I need to do or want to do instead of spending MY free time always working, working, working. Does anyone else feel this way too? I just dont want to get in trouble if I dont sign up and "commit" to the overtime every week. Thanks! ...

Mandatory Certification?
Jan 14, 2012

I was told by someone who attended a recent ICD-10 academy (for trainers) that the OIG is requiring all (current) coders to be certified by the October, 2013, ICD-10 implementation date.  I am aware of the OIG's compliance guidelines, but nowhere in that document do I find anything about mandatory certification. Also, I am not sure if they meant certified in ICD-9 or 10, but it is my understanding that the last ICD-9 CCS/CCS-P exam will be given in March, 2013, and at this point nobod ...

Is Hands On Mandatory?
Mar 16, 2012

Is the Hands On seminar mandatory?  I prefer not to take it as I am meeting the required line counts and just want to be left alone so I can do my job.  ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

Mandatory Flu Shots
Sep 02, 2012

Just curious . . . how many of you have employers who are making it mandatory to get a flu shot.  I work at home, I'm not in contact with patients.  How can somebody require me to inject something into my body????  The terms - if it is not done by a certain date, we are subject to administrative action, up to and including termination.  Is this really legal???  I would appreciate nice answers, not mean/nasty replys.  Thanks. ...

Mandatory Credentialing
Oct 16, 2012

I was thinking... mandatory CMT credentialing might not be a bad thing.  I'd have no problem passing that exam, but would the Indian MTs?  If CMT were a requirement for ANY MT transcribing/editing US-based medical dictation, I think we'd lose our Indian partners pretty quickly. If AHDI could ("would" is probably more appropriate) make this happen, I'd gleefully pay CMT dues and attend all the seminars, etc. ...

What Happens If You Don't Work Mandatory OT?
Nov 26, 2012

. ...

What Are The Mandatory ADT Fields?
Feb 25, 2013

I interpret mandatory fields as being those in the upper area that says mandatory plus any fields listed in the CP as mandatory. I interpret the lower fields listed as optional ADT (Alt I) as optional unless stated in the CP as mandatory. There are some accounts having problems with physician names not printing out right and have to be re-researched and entered. These are shown as having a question mark before their name. But, 99% of these have been in the Alt I fields, i.e., optional fields ...

Mandatory QA Accounts
May 21, 2013

Why is it on these accounts QA feels that they just HAVE to correct something.  Just stupid little things that do not matter here nor there.  I don't know why they think they can hear better than I can after 30+ years.  I think my ears are pretty well-trained by now.  And this happens on very clear dictations.  Just venting. ...

Where Did All The Work Go? There's Been Mandatory OT
Jun 14, 2013

Do I feel another round of 5 months with no work followed by lay offs? ...

Mandatory Meetings
Jan 09, 2014

They are scheduling mandatory meetings at 5:30 a.m. I can't do this because of a schedule conflict. This would be 4:30 a.m. on the west coast. Is this just another reason to fire all of us? ...

Mandatory Overtime
May 03, 2014

on accounts you have never seen before and likely will never see again.  Last time this happened, I had audits on these reports...and failed them... ...