A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend/Nuance lawsuit cancelled - sm - anon

Posted: Jan 27, 2015

I received an e-mail today basically saying the attorneys will not conduct a collective action lawsuit but that we are all free to file suit on our own. What a waste of time and what a joke. I figured this would be the case. So, once again, the big corporation wins and the cheated employeees lose.

Sickening - Disheartening

[ In Reply To ..]
Beaten down again.

I don't know why anyone thought this suit would continue sm - imo

[ In Reply To ..]
to a settlement or a trial--there was no money in it for the attorneys, not enough to do all the work it would take to get everyone a pittance. It was doomed from the beginning.

Transcend lawsuit - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
The lawsuit for the original 13 plaintiffs has not been canceled. It is still ongoing, and we could still win. It is NOT over yet...

are you one of the original plaintiffs? - babe

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, keep us posted. I would like to know how it all turns out.

Transcend lawsuit - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. I am one of the original plaintiffs. I will keep you posted, but I am sure if we win anything big, you will hear about it anyway. :)

Maybe they realized that the entire profession - isnt long for this world, and that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
by the time it ever went to court, there would be few to no MTs by then, and it would be a moot point. They didn't move fast enough.

Either that, or maybe Nuisance bought them off.

Why? - Effie

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know why the collective action part has been dropped?

Effie, here's most of the letter - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not able to copy/paste it, so I'll type the most important parts:

The judge found the over 700 plaintiffs did not meet the required "similarly situated" standard meriting a collective action lawsuit. The next step is for each individual MLS to decide whether he she wants to file an individual lawsuit against Transcend in their respective jurisdictions.

We have extensively reviewed the information that you provided us, along with all the information we obtained from Transcend.

You are free to file suit against Transcend on your own. You should be aware that the passage of time may bar you from doing so. Since time is always important in legal matters and could be critically sort in your case, if you decide to contact another law firm, I recommend you do so immediately,

Interesting.. thanks! - Effie

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering because I filed a Collective action suit against the hospital where I work for unpaid overtime.. but the case was thrown out because I had signed an arbitration agreement many years ago.. who knew..LOL. Anyway, I am currently in arbitation. I believe from what I had heard that this case was about unpaid duties that were performed, not overtime, is that correct?
It was for several things, including unpaid - sm - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
duties that were performed, overtime, making us lie on our time cards so they didn't have to pay minimum wage, basically making us be on call 24/7 with no compensation, and being paid editing rate when reports had to be transcribed due to issues with the VR system, to name most of them.

"passage of time" - so they drug their feet

[ In Reply To ..]
until so much time had gone by that the statute of limitations may be up? Is that the gist of it? TY for posting.

not over for everyone, even if you're not in the original 13 - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
There's more to it than this - though the original suit was cancelled, there's more going on behind the scenes, so if you were involved, please reach out to the attorney yourself and see what your individual status is.

Similar Messages:

Lawsuit Against Transcend
Aug 08, 2012

Its about time! http://mttoolsonline.com/2012/05/11/medical-transcriptionists-say-enough-is-enough/ ...

Lawsuit Transcend
Sep 21, 2013

Anyone else get an email from Kevin Dooley and associates re:  Transcend lawsuit?  It's so hard to remember dates and everything from his questionaire sent.  ...

Transcend Lawsuit
May 28, 2014

Fighting Nuance would be just the same as the current Transcend Lawsuit. For those who are not involved, the latest news did not look good. They are trying to get it thrown out on the basis that because we are independent contractors kind of, the situations vary greatly and we should not be allowed to file as one unit. The attorneys for Transcend feel each MLS should file separately. Well, since we make slave wages, who the hell could ever afford an attorney? So, they have found every way p ...

Transcend Lawsuit - And Amphion
May 12, 2012

Any other Amphion employees out there want to get involved?  I already contacted  lawyers. ...

Transcend Lawsuit Outcome?
Oct 29, 2012

Anybody know the outcome of this or if it is still ongoing? ...

Transcend Lawsuit Article
Apr 15, 2013

Take a look -- this is regarding issues that most of us deal with on a daily basis.  Very interesting. http://mttoolsonline.com/2012/05/11/medical-transcriptionists-say-enough-is-enough/ ...

Transcend Lawsuit - SS Been Added As A Defendant Yet
Jun 08, 2012

us on the lawsuit and companies who are defendants and has SS been added as a defendant yet. ...

Transcend Class Action Lawsuit
Jan 29, 2014

Does anyone have any idea how the above lawsuit is progressing.  I received an e-mail a few months ago, informing us Transcend had not compiled all the necessary discovery and they had a second hearing late last year.  Maybe one of the original 13 or so plaintiffs has some information ? Thanking you in advance.   ...

Transcend And Class Action Lawsuit
Aug 01, 2014

Does anyone have any information regarding the above-mentioned lawsuit, plaintiffs v. Transcend? ...

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Transcend
May 12, 2012

Anyone who works for Transcend now or in the last three years needs to check this out. This is the real deal.  For all of us who haven't made minimum wage or were refused overtime pay, you may be able to get in on this. ...

Winston-Salem Journal Article Re Transcend Lawsuit
May 14, 2012

regarding Novant Health outsourcing to Transcend in March: ...

Has Anyone Heard The Status On The Class Action Lawsuit Against Transcend?
Jan 04, 2013

I haven't been to the boards for quite a while, but I was just googling to find out a current phone number for Transcend to put on a resume, and I saw about the lawsuit. What's going on with this?  Does anyone know? ...

BREAKING NEWS!!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Winston-Salem Journal Article Re Transcend Lawsuit - Read All The Way To The End
May 18, 2012

of this article as it appears it has been removed from the Journal's website. Would like to read it. ...

Nuance And Lawsuit
May 20, 2012

If you don't wish to hear anything further about the lawsuit, please stop reading now. For those of you still here, it is my understanding that Nuance has used the same tactics as Transcend -- asking you to alter your time cards, reviewing your QA on your own time, "hands-only on the keyboard," etc. If this is the case, PLEASE contact the attorneys that are assisting the 'Grand 13.'  You have a case as well and do NOT let this opportunity pass by to make your statement loud ...

What Is The Nuance 13 Lawsuit About?
Aug 23, 2012

?? ...

Why Isn't There A Lawsuit Against Nuance?
Jun 19, 2013

I was never this depressed when I worked for Transcend.  Now, with the hounding e-mail, do this, don't do that, rule change, etc.  Oh, and I better not forget about Webclock, Fiesa, etc.  They have it all planned out to cover their ass.  Now I feel like at least Transcend gave a damn once in a while, unlike Nuance.  Every weekly change I see benefits Nuance, not the employee.  Sorry, I just had to vent.  The last few weeks have been nothing but stressed ou ...

What The ...mandatory OT Cancelled And Then
Mar 25, 2015

Does anyone in corporate understand the transcription business.  I am getting so sick of this.  Let them fire me for not doing mandatory OT and get someone else to work my 9pm-5am Wed-Sun shift for which we apparently are no longer getting a shift differential. ...

Cancelled Or Canceled? Which Is Correct?
Nov 20, 2010

Cancelled or conceled? ...

To Those Who Were In The Coding Program That Was Cancelled
Apr 10, 2015

To those of you who were in that huge coding training program that was canceled recently, have you given up on coding or enrolled in another program? What did you decide to do? ...

Transcend MQ Or Nuance
Jul 28, 2011

I'm trying to decide whether to apply at Transcend, Nuance or MQ. Any  inputs from those MTs that work at these 3 companies? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as all 3 companies have contacted me and I'm very leery of Nuance because of the offshore connection. Does Transcend or MQ send our work offshore or are owned by offshore companies?  Thanks for your honesty.   ...

Transcend Or Nuance?.............sm
Nov 27, 2011

Having phone interviews tomorrow.....any input from knowledgeable MTs? I have not been in the job search for years, feel like a duck out of water....thank you for any input! ...

Is There Anything Better About Nuance Than Transcend?
Mar 07, 2012

I have a lump in my throat today about the merger.  I am wondering if there is anything positive that can come out of this.  Do part time workers receive any benefits?  Are there any typing accounts at Nuance or is it all VR?  TIA ...

Is Transcend Now Nuance? Nm
Jun 02, 2012

nm ...

Transcend QA/Nuance
Jun 11, 2012

Well, well, well.  Looks like some of the Transcend QA hagathas must be QAing Nuance's work now because they are marking off for every little thing!  I get marked off because I forgot to add a dash.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  I was QC myself but went back to being an MT due to the low pay per hour, and I just noticed this.  They want to make sure no one will ever get that bonus it looks like! ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Nuance To Acquire Transcend
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...