A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Required 4 weekend hours? - So Tired

Posted: Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wrote back to me that everyone is now required to work at least 4 weekend hours because "everyone wants to work Monday through Friday". Aren't working Friday nights considered weekend hours especially if they are traiiling into the wee hours of Saturday morning? On the other hand, when did this new rule (another one!!!) come about? It seems that Medquist likes to make up rules to suit them and then claim they sent out an email....it wouldn't be the first time!!

I was told that back in 2006 when - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
we had to become employees, but then again, nobody is ever on the same page at the Q.

I was told that in 2006 also - Captain Morgan

[ In Reply To ..]
I just love how only half of us had to follow that rule back then.

forced into it last year - pugs

[ In Reply To ..]
Our group was forced into it last year, whether you are available or not, have kids or not, have a LIFE or not -- if you wanted to keep your job you put in a 4 hour schedule on the weekend. IT TOTALLY STINKS!!!!!!

I've never been allowed to work days - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
When I started 13 years ago they told me that they really needed me on nights and weekends. Ten years ago when I was handed my darling granddaughter to raise, I asked to work days. The manager at that time informed me that day shifts were reserved strictly for FULL TIME employees. She might as well have said real employees. I've asked a couple of times since and always was told that there were no week or day openings.

I'm not even sure that I'm capable of sleeping for more than 2 hours straight anymore, but I'd sure love to be able to try!

Told two different things... - So Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that I either had to work evening hours OR weekend hours, never both. I thought I was doing them a favor working such late hours, but I guess they just keep wanting more!
Response from CCM - So Tired
[ In Reply To ..]
Friday night is not considered part of the weekend so since I'm scheduled until 12:30 a.m. Saturday, I only have 1/2 hour scheduled time....are you kidding me?
well, I do think you and anyone else not working a weekend should. - fair is fair
[ In Reply To ..]
It is certainly not fair that some of us had to work weekends for the past 4 years, but we did because we were threatened with loss of our jobs also.

It is only fair that everyone has to work a weekend day to even things out.

just sayin!
but where's the work? - NJA often on weekend too
[ In Reply To ..]
how this new rule is supposed to help is beyond me.
yes - nothing gets me more
[ In Reply To ..]
than being required to be at my desk for work every weekend, and it's NJA. Family has already left for the day, and I'm screwed and missing out on kids' games, etc. Kids grow up way too fast for this nonsense.
yup.. what a shame - absolutely
[ In Reply To ..]
I missed a lot of precious family time already in the last few years. Maybe I could get the next few years off and you can work my shift.

My family is just as important as yours.
to yup - I do work
[ In Reply To ..]
WEEKENDS! But there is no work, and I had to be here anyway just to sit here and wait and wait and wait to make any money if the jobs come trickling in. Always fighting for work.

I really think they're just trying to get everyone to quit. - It is crazy.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Required To Switch Schedule To Add Weekend Hours
Jan 12, 2012

Anyone out West asked to work 3-4 hours minimum on a Sat. or Sunday with equivalent time off Monday to Friday ?  Do they ask this of the Indians, also ?  Reason given was to cover TAT.  Your thoughts, please ?  Thanks !  ...

Mandatory Weekend Hours
Aug 12, 2010

My CCM has been harping on us voluntarily changing our scheduled to weekend hours, how "it won't hurt a bit" and you may quote me.  I already work every Sunday, but they want me to now work a 6th day, splitting one of my other days where they no longer need me to work, into Friday evening hours.  How am I supposed to do this when I already have a second part-time job on the 2 days I have off?  If they didn't slash my salary by 40%, I wouldn't have to work around the ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

Question For Full Timers About Required Hours
Mar 16, 2010

I'm short 3 hours this PP (not even sure why, prob signed out early a few times too many here and there)...... Am I in danger of losing my medical insurance if I don't have my full 40 hours?  I thought I may have heard that you had to go 2 pay periods in a row short before they would take away benefits.  Anyone know about this?  Thanks!! ...

Love The Mandatory Weekend Hours
Jun 27, 2010

so I can waste my time sitting here staring at NJA screen.  I need a new job!! ...

So What Happens If You Do NOT Work Mandatory 2 Hours Over Weekend?
Aug 22, 2012

x ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

How The Hospital Department Covers Weekend Shifts/hours
Jan 24, 2014

I am curious if anyone is an at-home transcriptionist who works for a hospital and how the department covers weekend shifts/hours. Also curious what kind of hours you are required to work during the week and how many people are on the transcription team.  Or if you'd just share what your company does for scheduling and what the hours are.  I am looking for some ideas for our team.   Small hospital.  Weekend coverage only includes priority jobs (H&Ps). Thanks! ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

CMT Required Now?
Sep 19, 2011

So, if one is looking for a different MTSO employer, what's the competition like?  Is CMT pretty much a given now?  I mean, do I have to find the funds to pay for that and get the title just to be part of the competition?  NEED ADVISE PLEASE ...

I Wonder Why CCM's Are Not Required To Be MTs??
Jul 23, 2012

Very, very difficulty to listen to her prattle on about the importance of audits and quality when she could not begin to do what I do.  I can take it from the corporate suits who run this company because after all, they are NOT in the business of transcription, they are in the business of technology and we MTs are only in their ways and a very hard to swallow means to an end or at least to India..but I would hope that the person who DIRECTLY supervises me and MY work should know how to perf ...

No Testing Required
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies that don't require testing to be hired? ...

Job Required Purchases
Aug 28, 2010

I need to buy a medical spell checker and the Quick Look Drug Book.  I'm planning to buy them both from Stedman's.    Does anyone know of a better place to buy the items. Also, should I get the CD Rom, or am I okay with the downloads?   Thanks for any help. ...

Certification Required?
Jan 04, 2011

Do I have to be certified to do medical transcription? Do companies hire without it? ...

Ok, Please Help Me Understand The Required EMR
Jul 14, 2011

I've started trying to understand it.  I see lots of software programs out there that supposedly handle this.  But if there are multiple programs, how does all the various work put into these programs end up in ONE (!?) place where a persons medical record can be accessed by any medical professional?  Or is my understanding already flawed?  Will those MDs, or whoever, that choose to continue the narrative dictation (vs point and click or fill in the blanks) can they con ...

Are You Required To Take Full 8 Hrs PTO For A Day Off?
Jun 08, 2012

s ...

Required Classes
Mar 28, 2013

I am furious. Now, we are required to take classes on our own time without being reimbursed. What nerve. ...

Still Struggling With Required LPH. Sm
Dec 09, 2013

Have been on E5 for a year and unable maintain 186 lph. This is the first time in my 20+ years as an MT that it has been so hard to reach the required lines. Today I forced myself to sit in the chair and moved only to go to the bathroom a couple times, and a 1-minute stretch every hour (timed). Still only managed about 170 lph. The audio is pretty bad on my accounts, but still never had a problem with lines with poor audio at prior jobs. I do tend to double-listen now when there is a hitch in th ...

Required LPH Limits
Apr 28, 2014

Just curious....What are you required LPH for your company in order to maintain benefits?  Full time only please.  Thanks. ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

No Required Line Count
Mar 11, 2011

I would like to know if there are any companies out there that do not require a line count per day or week.   I have been away from transcription for a long time, almost five years,  and I don't know if I could handle having to worry about that.  I looked in the Archives, but the info in there is too overwhelming and confusing.    Any suggestions?  Thank you.  ...

Med. Transcriptionists Required To Get Flu Shots?
Oct 01, 2011

HI all, I could've sworn I read this somewhere that medical transcriptionists - even the REMOTE ones WORKING AT HOME ! - are REQUIRED by some employers to get annual flu shots. Is this true?? Does anyone have any experience with this? I found it quite odd, to say the least. Also, does anyone know if this is true of med transcriptionists that work IN A HOSPITAL - this I know, that some hospitals these days are requiring vaccinations of all workers. Ready and waiting to read your input :&nb ...

Degree Required To Transcribe?
Jan 23, 2012

Does anyone else here find it "interesting" that a company would require an Associates' or higher degree for their medical transcriptionists? ...

M Modal, Testing Required? Sm
Mar 12, 2012

And how long is their hiring process approximately? days, weeks, months?  What is the most negative thing you can say about this company? the most positive?  I'm looking for part time as an IC.  TIA. ...

Will Someone Please Tell Me The Required Lines Per Pay Period?!!
May 17, 2012

I have asked my TL 3 times.  What are the required lines per pay period?  Combo of ST and VR?   Thank you. ...

Is This Required Lines Of 186/hour New?
Jul 22, 2012

I've been MIA for 2 weeks but may have to return to work tomorrow....sigh.   I was checking emails and saw the line requirement.  ...