A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Big rush over the weekend and now NJA! NM - Daisy

Posted: May 03, 2010

No Message

Me too. OT was approved for the weekend. - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I logged in today for my normal shift and got NJA after 3 hours.

This company is so unorganized it's not even funny.

Me too - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is not only unorganized, it sleazy, cheap, sneaky, and w/o ethics of any kind. Typical of most large corporations, it has no conscience. All in all, its a really crap place to work. One year to retirement, hope I make it before the stress kills me.

In my area, judging by the minute count and - sad

[ In Reply To ..]
number of late jobs throughout the weekend for the group of hospitals I work on, nobody was "taking advantage" of the bonus. Guess everybody else in the group has the same attitude - we know what bonus incentive amounts to (for many of us). I didn't partake either. I was curious and peaked at the count twice. If I hadn't had better things to do and needed the R&R, I would have pitched in.

late jobs - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
we have late jobs in our BOB this morning as well. That does not usually happen after a weekend with incentive. Maybe the other MTs are finally wising up. Making 3 cpl only on the line OVER the ridiculously high incentive minimum line count is such a joke.

If they would bring back a real incentive like we used to have in the past (pre MQ days), then I would participate. Back then we got $1 PER CHART to help catch up the backlog. That was REAL incentive that truly made a difference in our pay, not this mathematician mind boggling formula they have come up with lately.

The way it is right now I would literally be making a few extra pennies. No thank you MQ. Send it to India to clear it out!!

my question is... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Who is falling for all of this? The incentive is a joke, but its been that way for awhile. Are people actually making anything off of this? Is it a psychological way to get people to work, yet without paying them squat? There is a twisted tactic here. Why do we need a calculator and a degree in math to figure out our pay? LOL. Just give us 50 bucks every two weeks like the olden days. That was a real incentive. Not a quarter of a penny IF I go over my previous line count for the previous pay period and if it falls on the third Sunday after the first full moon but only between holiday hody hoo and whooptee doo. They are clowns.
another question... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Why do they call it a holiday if we are required to work? Oh yeah, because we will be in dire straits if MTs took a holiday, the world would literally implode if that record does not reach that chart in X minus 70 seconds! Get real, even doctors get holidays off. We are not that important. Promised turn around time equals more $$$ for the cream at the top. Thats all it is, not about patient care, its about who gets that account promising the moon and the stars at the cheapest rate possible.
There would be **** to pay just like when Dr. offices close for holidays and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
give all the day off, including the IC's!

They can't possible treat the MT/QA or any of the "worker bees" with the same respect as the office/management. How could they live with themselves giving anything back to those who keep MQ on top. Without us there would be no MQ.

I think they all need a reality check and should have to do our jobs for even 1 day. Then they might understand a small part of what we deal with on a day-to-day basis.
I'm with you.... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually think it's really:

1. A way for them to get weekend coverage they don't normally have &
2. To show facilities they have great TAT for renewing contracts.

Who really believes that the work is so variable? If you've been doing this stuff for any length of time, you know the ups and down are there but not as drastic as MQ wants us to believe. Do they have employee turnaround that may cuase some backlog? Sure, but there's enough MTs on board to handle it without trying to bribe with the lowly incentives they give.
I don't even read the incentive emails anymore - Reasons
[ In Reply To ..]
There's no point in it. Set way too high to attain without significant (underline that) work for very small amounts of money.

Not sure why anyone would work and when I looked at the numbers in our BOB with late jobs, it looks like everyone felt the same way as I do.

Similar Messages:

Smoove Rush 11
Oct 10, 2011

Anyone ever worked through them? Supposedly a "hiring" agency but I cannot find an actual website for them (even though they list one). Just wondering if anyone has ever used them? ...

MTs - Rush To Your MQ Central Mailboxes
Apr 22, 2010

You're gonna love it.  Talks about our "exciting" new purchase of Spheris.  Yea, "our."  Should be read "the MT's new purchase" as OUR LOST INCOME paid for it! How nauseating it is to read this from the CEO's POV.  I especially love the end where he states: "There will also be continued opportunities for all those who share our vision and commitment to uncompromising customer service." What a crock.  You're gonna need a cervical collar af ...

Appendectomy Findings S/l "no Rush" Or "no Rough"
May 14, 2011

The appendix was inflamed, enlarged, and exudative.  There was no **rush? rough?**  There was no free fluid within the abdominal cavity. ...

NJA On A Weekend!!
Jan 29, 2011

NJA on a weekend with a bonus going on!!!!  What an exercise in frustration.  And to make matters even worse, I received a recruiting e-mail from the boss....looking for new transcriptionists.  I have been NJA 3 days this week and then a bonus going on on the weekend and cannot even get my scheduled weekend time in!! ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

Over The Weekend, I Did Not Have Enough Work Available
Nov 30, 2009

to even make minimum wage.  I am an employee with a set schedule.  Does anybody know where I can find info regarding minimum wage payments when production work is not available. ...

Weekend Work
Mar 23, 2010

Does any one know of companies that will hire for just weekend work (Sat. and Sun.)?        ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

No Work - Weekend
Sep 10, 2011

Never, in my 15 years with this company, has there been a time where I ran out of work on a weekend!   NICE. ...

Anyone Know Of A Co Needing Weekend MTs...
Jan 31, 2012

I have 15 years experience, but can't seem to find any steady work that includes weekends (like Fri - Mon, Thurs - Sun). If anyone knows of anything or has a suggestion, feel free to e-mail me.   ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Incentive For Weekend
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go again, incentives offered for weekend and having to meet minimum lines to earn the incentive, but work is popping up so slow it isn't even funny.  My time card looks like I just clock in and out for the fun of it.  Come on!  Where is the work to even make the incentive pay? ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...

Weekend Warrior
Oct 13, 2013

Are there any companies willing to hire a great, highly experienced CMT for Fri, Sat, Sunday?  Having a hard time finding anything.  ...

Did Anyone Take Them Up On The Offer Of OT This Weekend?
Sep 29, 2014

Sorry, not worth it to me.... ...

Mandatory Weekend Day
Oct 21, 2014

After 12 years with Mmodal, and 5 with YOG, all working a weekend day, I still cannot get change my schedule to at least every-other weekend off.  Does everyone work a mandatory weekend day, or is it just T3?  TU ...

MOT On A Holiday Weekend And More
May 23, 2015

There is nothing more irritating to me than to call for MOT on a holiday weekend knowing darn good and well that the workload will slow down and work might trickle in for the majority of the accounts, yet you expect an extra hour of overtime... kiss my grits MM You offer bonuses for certain groups in a POD, send out emails on backlog and MOT for our group, yet I'm getting accounts from someone elses POD, not some other group but someone elses POD... kiss my grits MM You ding me for puttin ...

Wow...first Time I Have Ever Ran Out Of Work On A Weekend!
Feb 20, 2010

Now, I have to sit and play catch up all day, fighting everyone for every job that comes in.  This sucks.  I have my grandson coming over today and would like to play instead of sitting at my desk.  Have a good weekend fellow MTs, hope you have enough work! ...

Required 4 Weekend Hours?
Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wr ...

Are You Kidding Me? ANOTHER Weekend Incentive? NM
May 07, 2010

No message ...

Mandatory Weekend Work
Aug 07, 2010

Can a company impose mandatory weekend work on their employees who work one weekend day anyway?  Just curious !  MTs have Friday to Monday to complete the mandatory schedule of say an extra five or 10 hours !!!     ...

Mandatory Weekend Hours
Aug 12, 2010

My CCM has been harping on us voluntarily changing our scheduled to weekend hours, how "it won't hurt a bit" and you may quote me.  I already work every Sunday, but they want me to now work a 6th day, splitting one of my other days where they no longer need me to work, into Friday evening hours.  How am I supposed to do this when I already have a second part-time job on the 2 days I have off?  If they didn't slash my salary by 40%, I wouldn't have to work around the ...

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

Another %@%&! Maintenance Period This Weekend...
Sep 09, 2010

do you suppose everybody will be on DQS 6.1 after 2am EST Sun morning? whether they've actually upgraded or not? ...

Overtime Approved All Weekend
Apr 04, 2011

Now NJA on Monday morning, par for course.  So glad that the CCM is happy and will get a bonus.  Amazing that I can get up in such a good mood, everything going great, until I sit down to this computer.  All goes in the cra*pper after that.  ...

Another Strong Arm F11 Weekend Reminder..sm
Apr 21, 2011

Another "strong" reminder about working Fri, Sat and Sun and also the F11 DO NOT DO IT! reminder by our CCM.  I would like to see a CORPORATE message on this, because I think, like the former post way below, some of the CCMs are misreading the dictate from corporate.  But of course, they are all off until next Tuesday.   Everyone have a Blessed Easter, Passover or Spring Celebration ---   Suits take advantage of the so-called Christian holiday, even though they ...