A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA killing me - sosadmt

Posted: Sep 04, 2012

QA is killing me.  My super is having me retrained on the system - again.  Too many errors.  I get errors for the dumbest stuff and critical errors for things that are not critical.  I got up this morning and cried for an hour because of the corrections that came in.  I'm so stressed I can't even type, which is a good thing because either she cut me off from work or there is no work available and I'm not sure which.  Ok, I had to vent, thanks for listening.

Killing me softly - Pokemon

[ In Reply To ..]
Rip the QA a new hole, quit the job, and find another one. Does not this make more sense than waking up and crying for an hour???

nicely said - sosadmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Nicely said. As I read on here that I am not the only one going through this I think I will take your advice. After 10 years in the field I have fallen to 93-97% when I used to be 99-100% consistently. This company just made me feel like I sucked at my job! Off with the old, on to the new.

Your post could have been written by me...... - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
I started with them last year. I have never in my life hated a job like I hate this one. You said it - it sucks the life out of you. As far as that QA, I totally ignore it. I log in, work, log out. Oh and yes, the work is extremely low today, but don't fret - you can always make it up this weekend because you have no life.

Not me. I'll file partial UE before I make up my time on weekended

I have been job hunting since I took tihs job. Now I realize all these companies are the same, and I'm getting out of this field.
I believe that's the only good option... - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
...getting out of this field. It's what I'm trying to do, too, without too much luck yet; but it became clear that I HAD to leave when the job took such a toll on my mental, emotional, and physical health. Ironically, I kept hanging onto the job because I needed the health insurance, but the job itself was ruining my health!

After doing MT for 18 years, I'm pretty pigeon-holed and lacking in other skills like using various computer programs, multi-line phone, insurance/billing, etc. A lot of job openings require that you have "X" number of years of experience at that particular thing, which makes it awfully hard when your years of experience are at a job from which you're trying to escape.

Some schooling or retraining is probably the best way to go, but I'm old enough (56) that I'm not sure I really want to go that route. Kind of concerned that by the time I got done with school, I'd be even further "aged out" of a lot of jobs, and I might not ever recoup the investment; plus, even if I get the training, there's the possibility that employers will still look me over for someone who has had those "X" years of experience.
Other options (see msg) - SeaMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't throw in the towel yet (well maybe to large MTSOs).

Look around your area, usually individual physicians offices are always needing someone to do their in-office records. With remote access (which is pretty simple) you can still work from home, too.

Just a suggestion, best of luck to you.
SeaMT - that's very sweet of you. - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I just want to thank you for your encouraging words. I actually just sent an application to an independent PCP group near me, so here's hoping SOMETHING might crop up.

In my particular city, nearly all of the physicians' groups seem to be owned by one or the other of the two major hospital organizations, and they either use point-and-click EMR or use the hospital's MTs for their transcription/medical records needs; but I think it was really sweet and thoughtful of you to give a suggestion to those of us who can use any bit of help we can get. :-) I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful....we see too many snide remarks on this board. Thank you!!
being retrained - new but old
[ In Reply To ..]
I am in same boat in being completely checked for everything. I had 2 awesome days back to back and then today was absolutely horrible. If my QA is okay then my LPH is down or vice versa - can't win for losing. I get so nervous I can hardly type at times

Similar Messages:

QA Killing Me.
Sep 12, 2011

Talk about demoralizing.   We are told to speed up on editing, watch out for "over-editing", then get dinged for omitting an "a or an" or something which absolutely changes nothing.  I can understand mistakes are mistakes, but grr....  feel like I need to jump ship here before I get terminated.  For the most part QA is pretty good and fairly consistent here, but I feel some of these things are not worthy of being sent to your supervisor and put in your file.  Of cou ...

This ASR Dictator Is Killing Me!
Dec 06, 2009

This doctor says "ah" inbetween just about every other word.  So I'm spending all my time in the ASR taking out a bunch of "a's"!!! Wouldn't normally ah vent, but I've ah had her a lot ah today! ...

Help!!! ESL Dictator Killing Me Tonight
Feb 23, 2012

Ortho report...referral for a BKA on a patient with multiple and significant "comprabilities"? He even goes so far as to use Comprabilities as a heading before listing the patient's medical issues. Paragraph beginning is as follows.. "Mr. X, who was referred here at the request of Dr. Y for evaluation of below-the-knee amputation of the right leg. The patient has multiple major ________ including end stage renal disease status post renal transplant, peripheral arterial disease status post ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Reading A CNN Story About A Florida Hospital Killing
Jun 02, 2015

surgery (not enough operations to become skilled). The hospital has been trying very hard to keep the information out of public consumption. Something in the article reminded me of Nuance and the difficulties of trying to get paid from them for things they owe, like paid breaks, internet reimbursement, OOW pay, etc. The final sentence is the one the most telling and the one that will be the most pleasing to hear when Nuance has to pay up against their will. When CNN filed a Freedom of ...

This White Screen In DQS7 Is Killing Me. Eyes Hurt, Headache.
Oct 19, 2012

In DQS6, where the screen color was determined by what you set Windows colors, I had a nice pale green which is very easy on the eyes. And what's up with the dark grey highlight for SR!? Harder to see the black text underneath. Shesh, these changes from DQS6 where definitely made by people who do not have to look at a computer screen all day. I will never forget the day I was looking for a specific keyboard and the computer salesmen did not comprehend why I was so picky. They had ...

Coronary Angiogram All You That Do Coronary God Bless You...Its Killing Me
May 21, 2010

By Avis or ovis criteria it was a very appropriate size stent. ...